Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → ...so apparently we're not quite over this yet.
...so apparently we're not quite over this yet.
2004-01-23, 2:26 PM #81
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mscbuck:
Floppy was a troll.

Tracer, we have identified you as being part of the Floppy incident. Don't say I was making a mistake. It was your stupidity that led you to believe that it was all fun and games. You were sharing a public nickname with 5 people, allowing them all to make different posts. Even admins were taking part in the joke. It turned into trolling, and you know it.

</font>

Oh. My.
As the one who started the whole Floppy thing, I had the understanding that we settled this. Floppy did nothing that was even remotely trollish at all. :\

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-01-23, 2:31 PM #82
Floppy was blown sooo out of proportion.

------------------
BV's rendition of Titanic: Let's have sex. I won't let go. I don't need this stone.
The End.
~ Wolfy
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2004-01-23, 2:33 PM #83
Just a quick reply to those who think Pugler's re-banning was unjust.....that thread that was linked to is nowhere near the extent of his post-unbanning hijinx and I'm sure it's closure was partly a result of it.

I agreed with most of the unbannings, but Pugler...yeah, he should be on the banlist until the day the asteroid comes and ends it all. I'm sure anyone who saw what he originally posted on the Mada thread would second that.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-01-23, 2:45 PM #84
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jaiph:

I agreed with most of the unbannings, but Pugler...yeah, he should be on the banlist until the day the asteroid comes and ends it all. I'm sure anyone who saw what he originally posted on the Mada thread would second that.

</font>

As one who saw some of his "quality posts" since his unbanning, there is no doubt in my mind he doesn't deserve his bannings 10x over.

------------------
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2004-01-23, 2:48 PM #85
I'll admit it, I (think) I posted one or two posts as Floppy, and it's better that Floppy is dead. It, quite frankly, was a stupid thing to do. It was abused. Furthermore, had someone done something that blatantly violated the rules, all people that had participated in it would have been banned, and you know it. It was too potential of a tool to get away with things.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-01-23, 2:55 PM #86
Can't moderators delete posts?

------------------
BV's rendition of Titanic: Let's have sex. I won't let go. I don't need this stone.
The End.
~ Wolfy
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2004-01-23, 3:03 PM #87
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BV:
Can't moderators delete posts?

</font>

Only if this is the forum that they are Moderating. (which in Wolfy's case, it is not)

Aaah, Floppy, those were the good old days. Too bad seemingly funny jokes get all blown out of proportion these days. See kids, this is why we can't have nice things.

------------------
2004-01-23, 3:06 PM #88
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Floppy was a troll.
</font>

Uh, why? Because you didn't think it was funny?

Quote:
Tracer, we have identified you as being part of the Floppy incident. Don't say I was making a mistake. You were acting like immature fools (yes, plural because many other people partaked in it. Don't think we don't know about it). You were sharing a public nickname with 5 people, allowing them all to make different posts. Even admins were taking part in the joke. It turned into trolling, and you know it.

Quote:
This will be the last post I make on this thread, since I know I'm right and you're wrong regarding this particular thread.
</font>

That's great. Thanks for contributing to the community.

Quote:
Maybe it is a different case for some other ones that were closed, but not this one. I've talked to many people and they agree that if a post that started out as such a stupid topic, and it turned into a discussion that is already been talked about in another thread, that there is no harm in closing it.

</font>

What other people?

Quote:
I stand by my decision. Call me stubborn (yes, I'm allowing you to call me stubborn, I don't care), I could care less. Take me out from the admin position, I could care less, becuase I know that I am right regarding this particular case. Frankly, most of the admins deal with this crap all the time, yet I'm getting bullseyed now.....
</font>

There's a difference to the staff putting up with some guy whining about his level not getting posted because he didn't subit it properly and a fairly long-standing member of the community raising a legitimate concern. And don't give me this "the staff puts up with so much BS, we never get any love" nonsense. I've only ever complained about the actions of three staff members in my entire Massassi career (Pommy, blujay and you, all of whom I felt did some rediculous things), and even then I didn't "bullseye" anybody.

Quote:
Oh, and when you make a mistake in life, be sure to inform us. You've blown this way out of proportion.
</font>

I've blown this out of proportion? Instead of giving me the runaround for three pages (it's funny, blujay did exactly the same thing when this situation came up before), first trying to explain why the thread was pointless, and then calling the whole thing "trolling", then finally trying to dodge the issue with the "I should have used email" argument, you could have just said something like, "gee Tracer, I don't really think it's that big a deal, but nevertheless I'll try to be more careful in the future." That would have been the end of it.

Quote:
And if I'm wrong about Floppy (which I think I'm not about banning him, along with other admins)...OH MY GOD I'VE MADE 2 MISTAKES IN MY LIFE!!!! AND ON A ONLINE FORUM OF ALL PLACES!!! IM SURELY GOING TO HELL!!!!
</font>

Well, besides the sarcasm (real mature, coming from an admin), I'd like to know who these mystery staff members are. I'm not going to rant and rave about Floppy, but I'd like to know why what I perceived as a harmless joke (seriously, novelty accounts are nothing new: I can think of ~, google.com, Dr. Luuurve, Rosebud and Luka off the top of my head) could be taken as a threat.

All I wanted to do was talk about the situation and voice my concerns. Instead of listening, you decided to be evasive for three pages until you finally lost your temper and left. I don't care about one thread - I care about the fact that this situation is becoming a theme around here.

------------------
Shut up. I'm GOING to do this whether you like it or not.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-01-23, 3:15 PM #89
Not to point fingers or anything, but I find Google much more hostile than Floppy ever was. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
2004-01-23, 3:38 PM #90
anyone remember Buztyn?
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-01-23, 3:38 PM #91
Tracer, you are getting all worked up because an staff member closed a thread because he felt it was pointless. It's an arbitray decision made by that particular person. Given what the thread was about and that there are other threads discussing the exact same topic, no harm was done.

Would you have been happier if buck posted a link to one of the two threads with the exact same topic?

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

[This message has been edited by Avenger (edited January 23, 2004).]
Pissed Off?
2004-01-23, 4:35 PM #92
I've tried to explain to you why this bothers me, Avenger, but you either genuinely don't get it or you aren't interested in getting it...

------------------
Shut up. I'm GOING to do this whether you like it or not.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-01-23, 4:47 PM #93
Tracer, I didn't think I would have to say this to you, but really, get off your high-horse.

If an admin feels that something is necesary for the forums, then he has the power to do that, and there is a reason he has that power. That is because he has been entrusted with it to do the right thing where he feels it is necessary, and not you. If you have an issue with this, then e-mail one of the admins and talk it over, not publically flaunt it and make yourself look like a total jackass in front of all of us.

This thread should be closed, because the point is moot, and it is in violation of the precious rules.

If it were up to me, sassing admins like this would be a bannable offense.

------------------
2004-01-23, 4:49 PM #94
I get it, I just don't under stand why it bothers you so much unless you have some personal experience that you aren't telling all of us.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-01-23, 4:51 PM #95
I am going to close this thread, for all of our mental wellbeings. We won't accomplish anything if we keep on fighting and fighting, and none of us will ever lisetn to each other. I think all of us will admit that we've gotten pretty much no where, and that there is no point in getting frustrated over something like this. (I'll admit that I am stubborn). And in a stroke of irony, if people complain.....

"Shut up. I'm GOING to do this whether you like it or not."

------------------
Only To Keep The Public Happy
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"

↑ Up to the top!