Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Nar Shaddaa Loading Terminal: Rebirth
Nar Shaddaa Loading Terminal: Rebirth
2005-09-18, 11:08 AM #81
Just for future reference, and to avoid any confusion, if you are using an fx5200, don't expect good performance on anything except the most basic render path in Sith2. Don't blame us, blame nvidia for sticking you with that POS.
Air Master 3D (my iPhone game)
My Programming Website
2005-09-18, 11:37 AM #82
Wow, I thought Massassi had somewhat reasonable sarcasm security systems.

I don't remember what FX I have. I hope it's a 5500 and not a 5200. *bites lip*
2005-09-18, 11:45 AM #83
Originally posted by RN2804:
Wow, I thought Massassi had somewhat reasonable sarcasm security systems.

Can't you accept that you said something stupid and drop it? ;)
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-09-18, 1:55 PM #84
Arguments are fun.
2005-09-18, 2:01 PM #85
Originally posted by Sige:
Just for future reference, and to avoid any confusion, if you are using an fx5200, don't expect good performance on anything except the most basic render path in Sith2. Don't blame us, blame nvidia for sticking you with that POS.

:(

2005-09-18, 3:29 PM #86
Originally posted by Emon:
Can't you accept that you said something stupid and drop it? ;)

I did, but since you bring it up again...

I sincerely apologize for phrasing my comment wrong. I realize that this is a terrible sin and that the elitist gods of massassi will probably rape my in my sleep. My soul is racked with tormet for this terrible travesty which I commited. The very idea that I posted something which could be misrepresented as flat out bashing of id makes me cry. I apologize for sarcastically saying that id was not good at optimizng, and, admittedly, making a bad comparison to say that yes, in fact, the SITH2 team will certainly optimize their code. I hope that someday, through much weeping, gnashing of teeth, and many 'hail emon' prayers, I will be forgiven.

Better? :D
2005-09-18, 3:47 PM #87
NOW POST PICTURES OF YOU ON YOUR KNEES, BEGGING.

BEGGING.
2005-09-18, 3:57 PM #88
Originally posted by RN2804:
and many 'hail emon' prayers

Hmm, could you elaborate on that?
2005-09-18, 4:06 PM #89
Originally posted by Emon:
Hmm, could you elaborate on that?

I would, ut I think I've already blasphemed someone elses religion enough.

Pics soon to come.
2005-09-18, 8:02 PM #90
I tried my hand at designing a new m2heater 3do. I'm quite happy with the results so far; it is much improved over the orginal, which was literally a box (6 surfaces). My version is 939 surfaces! :D
Attachment: 7303/m2heater_1.jpg (9,761 bytes)
Attachment: 7304/m2heater_2.jpg (11,293 bytes)
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-09-18, 9:14 PM #91
Looks just like the box spring for my matress.
We are the music makers... and we are the dreamers of dreams...
Neurotic||Mobius Grith||The Atrium
2005-09-18, 9:16 PM #92
Originally posted by Daft_Vader:
My version is 939 surfaces!

Whoa overkill!
2005-09-18, 9:17 PM #93
certainly looks like a heater grill -- that's what I thought it was before reading your post
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-09-18, 11:20 PM #94
Originally posted by Daft_Vader:
My version is 939 surfaces! :D

This is for the theatrical rendering that you're doing in 3DS Max?
DuraCleave™
- SM Nesseight | Chris (XFire profile)
- Sith Mercenaries
2005-09-18, 11:33 PM #95
Originally posted by Sige:

Wait... so if I have a GF4, should I expect even worse? Or is the fx5200 some sort of horrible ******* child of the new "low-end" industry? I'm not up on new nVidia cards.
SpamBlogger
"u r dumb, stop or ill sue u
- jak thomsun

p.s. ur gay" - Victor Van Dort

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-09-18, 11:33 PM #96
Quote:
My version is 939 surfaces

I don't think that's a good thing actually... lol.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2005-09-18, 11:54 PM #97
Originally posted by FancyMan:
Wait... so if I have a GF4, should I expect even worse? Or is the fx5200 some sort of horrible ******* child of the new "low-end" industry? I'm not up on new nVidia cards.

New nVidia cards? There are two newer generations than the one the fx5200 belongs to. And yes, your Geforce 4 actually IS better than the fx5200 (except if you have an MX model, which is crap).
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2005-09-18, 11:59 PM #98
Originally posted by zagibu:
New nVidia cards? There are two newer generations than the one the fx5200 belongs to. And yes, your Geforce 4 actually IS better than the fx5200 (except if you have an MX model, which is crap).

Phew.
And yeah, my bro had a MX. The thing's just a prettier GF2.
SpamBlogger
"u r dumb, stop or ill sue u
- jak thomsun

p.s. ur gay" - Victor Van Dort

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-09-19, 5:48 AM #99
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:
*geekgasms*

Is that a walking promenade behind those 'W'-shaped bars ('under' the landing platforms)? That'd be awesome!

Yes, it is. With graffiti on the wall in some places. :)

The level is being developed on the system I have at work which is a Dell Optiplex GX150 w/ a memory upgrade to 256MB. :)

In short, pay no mind to the frame rate. As long as the level will still render on my system, there's no reason why it won't be playable on anyone elses...
"The solution is simple."
2005-09-20, 12:18 AM #100
Originally posted by CaptBevvil:
Yes, it is. With graffiti on the wall in some places. :)

<3
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I

↑ Up to the top!