Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Worst Movie Ever...
Worst Movie Ever...
2005-01-03, 10:40 PM #81
Apparently you haven't seen the day after tomorrow
2005-01-03, 10:45 PM #82
Dreamcatcher or Spanking the Monkey. Both feature scenes I am actively trying to repress.
2005-01-03, 11:44 PM #83
I liked The Day After Tomorrow.

>.>
<.<

*runs*
So sayest the Writer of Silly Things!
2005-01-04, 12:04 AM #84
Quote:
Originally posted by Krig_the_Viking
I liked The Day After Tomorrow.

>.>
<.<

*runs*

Me too. *tries to catch up*

Although I've seen a lot of bad movies in my time, I can't think of specific names at the moment.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2005-01-04, 12:28 AM #85
Quote:
Originally posted by DogSRoOL
But... worst film - Star Wars, Ep. 1. Worst. Script. Ever.
I like to call it "Mystey of the Script." Because.. WTF?
Hopefully, Episode 3 involves Jar Jar's death, which would compensate for roughly 10% of ep. 1 & 2.

Fixed.

Seriously, even if Ep. 1 and 2 were Jar Jar free, they'd still suck. Even if Ep. 3 features the violent murder and nuclear detonation (god I hope so) of Jar Jar, it wouldn't make up for much. The past two sucked. I foresee a similar future for the final one.

The Day After Tomorrow was corny, but had some pretty cool special effects. That'd be my only reason for watching it over again. Seeing multiple tornados ravage LA (It was LA wasn't it? Does it even matter?) and people insta-freeze is awesome. The best part of that movie, was the Americans trying to cross the boarder to Mexico, and MEXICAN immigration stopping them. The irony owned.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-04, 12:31 AM #86
My brother rented a Dragonball wannabe movie called "Dragon Ball: The Magic Begins". Anime is bad enough, but movies based on anime... it was awful.

The worst serious, well-funded, publicly known movie I've seen is "Equilibrium". It's rubbish. Complete rubbish.
2005-01-04, 12:35 AM #87
It's been confirmed many times that Jar Jar does not die in 3.
>>untie shoes
2005-01-04, 2:19 AM #88
Quote:
Originally posted by Agent-Smith
Guys, the worst movie EVER has got to be Kung-Pow: Enter the Fist

What's wrong with you anti-Kung-Pow people! Kung Pow is one of the funniest movies ever created! In fact, I have the DVD sitting right next to me. If you can't see its, then you have a seriously over-developed sense of humour. (Yes, that is possible) . Sorry.

Also, sorry to be rude, but I think that the general consensus is that Plan 9 from Outer Space is the worst movie ever. I rented it once thinking I would have fun laughing at how bad it was. I was wrong. Horribly wrong,
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-01-04, 10:14 AM #89
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill

Well, that definately means the movie will suck. Watch it once, maybe twice, for the effects, then never really sit through it again.

And Plan 9 From Outer Space was awesome. It was awesome in how bad it was.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2005-01-04, 10:19 AM #90
SMOCK, if you liked Kung Pow, watch The Kentucky Fried movie. It's an assortment of hilarious short sketches with the main feature, A Fistful of Yen, in the middle. That part's like an hour maybe.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-01-04, 10:34 AM #91
Killer Klowns from Outer Space... horrible movie.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2005-01-04, 11:55 AM #92
Kung Pow > You
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-04, 11:57 AM #93
Yeah House of the Dead was clearly the worst movie of all time... I didn't like Kill Bill either I fell asleep in it.
2005-01-04, 12:00 PM #94
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill
Then all is lost. :(
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-04, 12:20 PM #95
The worst movies ever:

2001: A space odyssey (if that is how it's spelled) - It is soooo BORING!!!
Farenheit: 9/11 - Micheal Moore is a complete jerk. He hates America and I heard that F911 is riddled with downright lies.
Star Trek 1 and 5 - The rest are pretty good.
Day after Tomorrow - Nothing but environmentalist propaganda
Made you look
2005-01-04, 1:06 PM #96
Quote:
Originally posted by jesseg88
The worst movies ever:

DOT

DOT

DOT
D E A T H
2005-01-04, 1:37 PM #97
Quote:
Farenheit: 9/11 - Micheal Moore is a complete jerk. He hates America and I heard that F911 is riddled with downright lies.

So you... haven't actually.. seen it...
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-01-04, 1:48 PM #98
Quote:
Originally posted by MechWarrior
I didn't like Kill Bill either I fell asleep in it.

I know I already did this once in this thread... but I soooo have to post this again...
>>untie shoes
2005-01-04, 2:14 PM #99
Quote:
Originally posted by jesseg88
The worst movies ever:

*twitch*
It isn't meant to be an action-packed adventure movie...
Quote:

While I agree that it was filled with downright lies, you should really see a movie before you bash it.
Quote:
Star Trek 1 and 5 - The rest are pretty good.

You. Take. That. BACK. And. Never. Open. Your. Mouth. AGAIN! I live by these movies.. and anyone who lists "The Wrath of Khan" anywhere remotely NEAR the category of bad is.. is.. just.. a bad person. :p
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-01-04, 2:18 PM #100
wrath of khan was star trek 2. ST1 and 5 did suck :p
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-01-04, 2:30 PM #101
Worst moive ever?

Hmmm..

I would have to say wing-commader,

even watching some play the games was FAR more fun...
2005-01-04, 2:50 PM #102
Emma

Don't ask me why i saw it, its so awful...i want to cry:(
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-01-04, 3:24 PM #103
Oooh. I thought he said one through five. My bad. :p
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-01-04, 4:02 PM #104
Quote:
Originally posted by SMOCK!
What's wrong with you anti-Kung-Pow people! Kung Pow is one of the funniest movies ever created! In fact, I have the DVD sitting right next to me. If you can't see its, then you have a seriously over-developed sense of humour. (Yes, that is possible) . Sorry.

I would agree with you on that one. Kung Pow was not meant to be a good movie in any way, shape, or form. It was meant to be funny and it pulled that off nicely. Its quite possibly the worst made movie I have ever seen, but it is also quite possibly the funniest.

oh, and just because it was badly made doesn't make it a bad movie...
yay for not posting much ever
2005-01-04, 4:17 PM #105
Wing commander is poor, but I've seen much worse, LIKE BARB WIRE!!!

And 2001 rocks. hard. end of story.
2005-01-04, 4:47 PM #106
2001 blows chunks. Seriously, a few hours with that god damn slab and monkeys. No excuse. NONE.

But even worse was haunted house with eddie murphy. I literally wanted to vomit. Bad movie. Bad, bad. So very bad. Damn having a stupid young cousin who lacks taste...

Well, it was that or Timeline. What great choices...
2005-01-04, 7:31 PM #107
Anyone who thinks 2001 sucks doesn't have any idea what a good movie is. IE: Your opinion is WRONG and any further comments you make are hereby null and void.

2001 = One of the BEST movies EVER.

If that movie hadn't been made, movies would not be what they are today.
Last Stand
2005-01-04, 10:19 PM #108
2001 is a good movie.
2005-01-04, 10:20 PM #109
What's with all these Best something and worst something threads popping up all of a sudden?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-04, 10:43 PM #110
4 people spontaneously had the original idea.
2005-01-04, 10:46 PM #111
I'm pretty good with avoiding bad movies, but from the ones I've seen (at friend's parties) I'd have to say:

Supernova
The Day After Tomorrow
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-01-04, 11:03 PM #112
Meet the Parents!!!!!

I think I am the only one in the whole world other than Maddox who hates Ben Stiller! I mean come on the guy looks like a monkey and the whole movie was just plain stupid. No, I haven't seen There's Something About Mary or Dodgeball! Ben Stiller must kiss my white, hairy arse!
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker
2005-01-04, 11:06 PM #113
Ben Stiller has done quality work, and crappy work. Meet the parents, ****. Zoolander, genius.
2005-01-05, 12:18 AM #114
FYI : http://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom

Recently the worst movie I endured was Soul Plane...why I even bothered in the first place is beyond me.

Judging by what a lot of you are naming off, you've not seen enough bad movies to compare...or are just really friggen hard to please (seems common around here come to think of it)...Mediocre is not bad, certainly not the worst, it's just not good.
"...Those living for death will die by their own hand, Life's no ordeal if you come to terms, Reject the system dictating the norms..."
2005-01-05, 11:38 AM #115
I saw Starship Troopers 2 the other day. It was a direct to video, but it was unbelievably sucky.

It's like they tried to save money on sets by making the planet dark and foggy. There was no actual planet set!
The building was it, and there were only 4 or 5 rooms, the entrance, and the roof. The plot made little if any sense, and only detracted from the first movie. the Special effects were practically nonexistant, just for the bugs, and I think they used the exact same animations from the last movie.

The propaganda video cutscenes were absolutely horrible, once again detracting from the first movie (which at this point I'll say wasn't a classic either), and the movie ends with a guy with a mechanical arm, except the arm is a complete prop. It couldn't move at all; it was molded in one position, without the ability to perform any finger-motion. No CGI, no nothing. The final scene is also set in a recruitment office that was not made to look even slightly futuristic.

Direct-to video sequels should be banned by law from ever even being concieved.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2005-01-05, 1:43 PM #116
Speaking of movies, I heard this really funny interview with some person who was part of the Oscar or Emmy awards or what ever they give movies, and anyway the reporter was interviewing this guy and asked him if he thought the Passion of the Christ would get the award. And the guy said no, because he thought that the passion of the Christ was to controversial, but he said Fahrenheit 9/11 might get it. :p I wonder if he knew what controversial means.

As for the worst movie, that's a though one. Probably any thing done by Disney in the last 20 years, not counting the stuff done by Pixar.
2005-01-05, 2:07 PM #117
Solaris.

Talk about suckyness. First of all, there was absolutly no plot. It wasn't even one of those "hard-to-understand" or "hidden" plots. No, it had no plot. It was just a whole lot of nothing.

Stupid dialogue, poor acting, poor directing.

Most of these movies that people have mentioned were mildly entertaining at some point. NOPE, not this movie.

Movies like Napoleon Dynamite that had no plots were saved for their somewhat funnyness, but NO, SOLARIS SUCKED!!!!

Not to mention that you see george clooney's butt, NOT ONCE, but TWICE!

Seriously, if you've never seen this movie, take my word for it, you will regret seeing it. Even though almost everyone here has a different opinion about movies, I think it's pretty safe to say that everyong will agree that this one sucked.
Twenty-Eight Days, Six Hours, Forty-Two Minutes, Twelve seconds...
2005-01-05, 2:21 PM #118
Let's clear some things up.

First off, the people who mentioned Army of Darkness, Kung Pow, Meet the Parents, and 2001 can go DIE now.

Secondly, The Day After Tomorrow wasn't that bad of a movie. Sure, the science was pretty shaky, but it had cool special effects to make up for it.

The worst movie I've ever seen would have to be Gosford Park. Avoid this movie at all costs. It's painful to watch.

Plan 9 from Outer Space was bad, yes, but I watched about 20 minutes and I never stopped laughing at it.
Stuff
2005-01-05, 2:49 PM #119
No, Day after Tomorrow wasn't bad, it just wasn't good. It was a nice change from generic action films.
Like I, Robot. I hated that film on so many levels.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-01-05, 3:22 PM #120
The only movie I can remember giving up on is Bowling for Columbine, so I'm going to vote for it. I think I lasted 20 minutes before turning it off.

↑ Up to the top!