Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Worst Movie Ever...
Worst Movie Ever...
2005-01-05, 4:30 PM #121
Quote:
Originally posted by Stinkywrix
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

Worst 81 minutes of my life ever.

YES!!!!!!
[http://marsmovies.free.fr/santa/sf0443.jpg]

My sister got me that for christmas.
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2005-01-05, 5:23 PM #122
Didn't they do a Mystery Science Theatre 3000 out of that?
Twenty-Eight Days, Six Hours, Forty-Two Minutes, Twelve seconds...
2005-01-05, 5:30 PM #123
Quote:
Originally posted by MechWarrior
Yeah House of the Dead was clearly the worst movie of all time...

<3 ;) :D

Laura
2005-01-05, 5:32 PM #124
Starship Troopers (2), someone once told me it was "god". I pity that poor misguided fool. And Elf, that has been the only movie I've ever walked out of.
Major projects working on:
SATNRT, JK Pistol Mod, Aliens TC, Firearms

Completed
Judgement Day (HLP), My level pack
2005-01-05, 5:45 PM #125
Let's see. I have avoided bad movies by spotting them in previews well ahead of their release, but I wasn't always fortunate. . . .

Episode 1 - 'nuff said. George Lucas raped my childhood!

Die Another Day, Tomorrow Never Dies, maybe The World is Not Enough - United Artists raped my childhood! I might never see another James Bond film in theatres again, since the last awesome Bond film was Goldeneye (1995).

Meet the Fockers - Meet the Parents was hilarious, but the sequel showed that the producers ran out of ideas: they had to say boob, sex, or some sort of other innuendo every 10 seconds.

That's all for now.
2005-01-05, 6:08 PM #126
Quote:
Originally posted by JDKNITE188
the last awesome Bond film was Goldeneye

Amen.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-01-05, 6:28 PM #127
Sean Conery was the only true James Bond.
2005-01-05, 6:30 PM #128
Master of Disguise. Hands down. Second place goes to the Whole Ten Yards.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2005-01-05, 9:57 PM #129
Raiders of Buddhist Kung Fu.

Truly, if you have not seen this film, you have...not...seen...bad...films.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-06, 4:03 AM #130
HOLD ON! I renounce that Kung Pow: Enter the Fist is the worst movie EVER...it is the SECOND worst movie ever.......the worst movie Ever award goes to: Freddy Got Fingered
The top ten times in history when using the "F" word
was appropriate.....
10) "What the *&%# was that?" -Mayor of Hiroshima - August 1945
9) "Where did all these *&%#ing Indians come from?" - Custer 1877
8) "Any *&%#ing idiot could understand that." - Einstein 1938
7) "It does SO *&%#ing look like her!" - Picasso 1926
6) "How the *&%# did you work that out?" - Pythagoras 126 BC
5) "You want WHAT on the *&%#ing ceiling?" - Michelangelo 1566
4) "I don't suppose it's gonna *&%#ing rain." - Joan of Arc 1434
3) "Scattered *&%#ing showers...my a$$!" - Noah 2114 BC
2) "I need this parade like I need a *&%#ing hole in my head!" -
JFK 1963
1) "Aw c'mon, who the *&%# is going to find out?" - Bill Clinton 1997
2005-01-06, 5:46 AM #131
Quote:
Originally posted by MechWarrior
Sean Conery was the only true James Bond.

I thought Sean Connery was more a gambler/hustler than a spy. I thought that Roger Moore was too old (no senior citizens can save the world!). I though Pierce Brosnan is too cold.

Dalton is just right. DALTON IS BOND.
2005-01-06, 7:53 AM #132
LIES! Dalton only played in two Bond movies for a reason!
2005-01-06, 7:53 AM #133
LIES! Dalton only played in two Bond movies for a reason! And Roger Moore was to old to make his getting some believable.
2005-01-06, 2:03 PM #134
But Roger Moore was funny. He was the king of witty-one-liners-after-killing-a-guy. Arnie, Stalone, Bruce Willis, Will Smith.. all pale in comparison.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-01-06, 2:39 PM #135
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286
Anyone who thinks 2001 sucks doesn't have any idea what a good movie is. IE: Your opinion is WRONG and any further comments you make are hereby null and void.

2001 = One of the BEST movies EVER.

If that movie hadn't been made, movies would not be what they are today.

2001 is sooo BORING!!!!!
Made you look
2005-01-06, 2:52 PM #136
Quote:
Originally posted by jesseg88
2001 is sooo BORING!!!!!

Stop breathing.
D E A T H
2005-01-06, 3:32 PM #137
Paid for and seen in cinema: Dude, Where's my Car?

Watched on cheapo DVD for sadomasochistically intentionally enjoying the crappyness with like-minded sister: The Ninja Squad (read the reviews) , or Supergang starring "Bruce Le" [sic].

Both have action-scenes that you fall asleep during, horrible 80's clothes, mullets, hairy chests, handle-bar moustaches, pubestaches, ear-shreddingly bad dubbing, cheesy synths and ripped of sampled 80's soundtrack cues (from Raiders of the Lost Ark or Das Boot(!), gratuitous nudity that fails to be titillating in the least (rather, it makes you lose your appetite).
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2005-01-06, 6:52 PM #138
Quote:
Originally posted by jesseg88
2001 is sooo BORING!!!!!

I think you missed the part where I said your opinion was WRONG and any further comments you made would be null and void.

That movie is genious. That series of books is genious. There is no other way to see it. End of story. This is honest to God one of the few places where your opinion really is WRONG.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-06, 6:55 PM #139
Yay for 2001!

<3 the part where the guy flies by the screen. My friends and I just burst into laughter.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-01-06, 7:31 PM #140
O_o

Frank Poole? After Hal kills him? I never really found it funny. That movie is awesome because vitually everything about it is exactly the way it should be.

<3 the Pods. They look innocent. Until Hal takes control of one, turns it around, opens the claws, and heads towards Frank. Then it's uber villainous.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2005-01-06, 7:56 PM #141
Quote:
Originally posted by Flexor
Ah yes, please let me apologise. I forgot it wasn't allowed to dislike a poorly made film with horrible acting, bad screenplay, bad dialogue and a brainwashed religious fanatic as a director, just because it was about Jesus.

Er... what about Mel Gibson qualifies him as a "brainwashed religious fanatic"?
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2005-01-06, 8:01 PM #142
I'm not quite sure... I didn't think The Passion of Christ was an overly bad movie.
2005-01-06, 8:01 PM #143
Quote:
Originally posted by BoricuaDelight
The Day After Tommorrow did suck, but the only reason I say it's not worse then House of the Dead, is because at least the Day After Tommorrow had Jake Gyllenhaal. So basically that compensated a little for the fact that the movie sucked, now House of the Dead on the other hand just sucked...so yeah:D

Laura

The Day After Tomorrow also has Emmy Rossum. From my perspective, that's an automatic disqualifier for Worst Movie Ever status.
2005-01-06, 8:05 PM #144
WRONG. IT SUCKED. KTHX.
2005-01-06, 8:06 PM #145
Quote:
Originally posted by kyle90
The worst movie I've ever seen would have to be Gosford Park. Avoid this movie at all costs. It's painful to watch.

You're joking, right? That movie has some of the sharpest dialogue I've heard.

Quote:
Plan 9 from Outer Space was bad, yes, but I watched about 20 minutes and I never stopped laughing at it.

Plan 9 is wonderfully bad. One could argue that it's not unwatchable enough to be the worst movie of all time, but it's unquestionably the best bad movie there's ever been.
2005-01-06, 8:15 PM #146
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane
Plan 9 is wonderfully bad. One could argue that it's not unwatchable enough to be the worst movie of all time, but it's unquestionably the best bad movie there's ever been.

Exactly.
Last Stand
2005-01-07, 4:27 AM #147
the 2001 movie sucked, the book is so much better.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0077869/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxteD0yMHxzZz0xfGxtPTIwMHx0dD1vbnxwbj0wfHE9TG9yZCBvZiB0aGUgcmluZ3N8aHRtbD0xfG5tPW9u;fc=4;ft=24;fm=1
Is my choice for worst movie ever.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-01-07, 5:34 AM #148
So there was another Lord of the Rings movie??
2005-01-07, 6:54 AM #149
Quote:
Originally posted by Nubs
Master of Disguise. Hands down. Second place goes to the Whole Ten Yards.

Yea i second that.
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2005-01-07, 10:28 AM #150
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane
The Day After Tomorrow also has Emmy Rossum. From my perspective, that's an automatic disqualifier for Worst Movie Ever status.

Emma Rossum = win.
D E A T H
2005-01-07, 6:51 PM #151
Quote:
Originally posted by MBeggar
the 2001 movie sucked, the book is so much better.

That can be said of ANY book turned movie. But 2001 is an exception. They both owned in equal ammounts.
Last Stand
2005-01-07, 8:21 PM #152
Well, I just got done watching Manos: Hands of Fate (got it for Christmas), and I must say, that was pretty flippin' awful. Terrible acting, long pauses, repeated, dry lines... the mouths moving didn't even come close to lining up with the audio... incomprehensible plot at times, bizarre, weakest fight scenes EVER. Slow slaps that would do nothing but somehow leave a face covered in blood. hollow characters. Even a redundant name. Translated, it's Hands: Hands of Fate. This definately wins.

MANOS: HANDS OF FATE
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing
(a work in progress)
2005-01-07, 8:34 PM #153
Stanley Kubrik is (was) known for wildly changing the story when he adapts books. He only made two movies that were NOT novel adaptations. Other than that, he basically used the novel as a baseline to write his own story. Stephen King is famous for hating Kubrik's version of the Shining becuase he changed so much of it.

Kubrik is quite possibly the best film maker in the history of film making. If you disagree with the previous sentence, refer to the following sentence. You are wrong.
>>untie shoes
2005-01-07, 8:35 PM #154
Quote:
Originally posted by Prince Xizor
Yea i second that.

I third that...master of diguise was unbelievably painful...And it was only 80 minutes long! What a ripoff! Although, I'm thankful it was only 80 minutes since I couldn't have taken much more of that...

Also a movie I really despise is The Mask..I loved it as a kid but when I rewatched it a while ago the style of comedy made me want to puke. It's so stupid. Then again I hate Jim Carrey...it's good for little kids but nothing else.
2005-01-07, 8:37 PM #155
Yeah. I heard somewhere Kubrick was going through books and didn't like the ones he had (he threw the ones he hated at the wall), but when he got to The Shining, he stopped throwing stuff and kept reading it. This is really weird because the first part of The Shining has almost nothing to do with the rest of the book.
Ma tana ka aha...
2005-01-07, 8:57 PM #156
What's today, Friday? Sunday.
2005-01-07, 9:08 PM #157
Quote:
Originally posted by Muffinman
So there was another Lord of the Rings movie??

I half-heartedly watched that several years ago. It didn't grab my interest at all. Don't remember much other than some odd/artistic animation techniques. Basically, many components were painted over live-action footage. It might be worth a glance from diehard fans wanting to see what different adaptations took place, such as the old Rankin-Bass movies of which I am a big fan of The Hobbit.

2001, I would generally say, is a well made movie. It features some stunning visuals, especially for the time and is a very "clean" film. But it's terribly boring and in that I can definitely see why some would call it the worst film ever.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-01-07, 10:16 PM #158
2001 changed the way movies were made. While it can drag in spots, I never really tire of watching it.

So how did it change the way movies were made? I refer you to the below text from my Senior Exit paper on Special Effects. ([note:] indicates background info)

Quote:
As the 1960s began, the film industry continued the search for ways to bring the masses back to theaters. [note: the 50's saw the invention of TV. Why leave the house when the entertainment comes to you?] In time the answer was found in fast-paced, action-packed films. The studios and directors of these films saw little use for special effects, preferring to use the real thing instead. Consequently, by the mid 60s special effects departments had become an expense burden all major film studios did not want to bear, and many were closed down. However, the 1968 sci-fi epic 2001: A Space Odyssey changed this. Because of the closing of effects departments in the United States, all of 2001’s effects were done in Europe along with several new innovations needed to complete many scenes. The most notable ones were the predecessors to modern motion control and slit-scan technology, which was used for the “stargate” sequence at the end of the movie. With the huge success of 2001 Hollywood slowly began to reopen its effects departments, but it wouldn’t be until the mid 70s that they were fully used again.
The 1970s began with the releases of several films focused on large-scale disasters. While they did well, Hollywood was still looking for the same type of successes that 2001 had achieved. They found it with young film makers George Lucas and Steven Spielberg. George Lucas’s Star Wars was a huge hit and brought about the return of special effects to movies.

2001 was the catalyst that brought about the reinstatement of special effects to movies. It changed things. For that very fact alone, I can't see how anyone can call it a completely bad film. If it hadn't been made, it's quite possible Star Wars wouldn't have been made. And Star Wars FURTHER changed the way films were made. Without those two, we could be watching very different films right now.
Last Stand
2005-01-08, 1:03 AM #159
I'm going to repeat myself because some people are confused which movie is the best bad movie ever. And no, the title can't be shared.

ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-01-08, 5:47 AM #160
Kubrick and Clarke wrote 2001 simultaneously, both working on their projects seperately, and speaking lots on the phone to work out problems... like the way Saturn became Jupiter because the SFX people couldn't find a convincing way to make the rings.

And they both rock. And Ive got 2010 on our digibox to watch before i go to london.... :D

Oh, and yes to Rocky Horror. Get drunk and watch it for more fun,

↑ Up to the top!