Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Woman counter-sues the RIAA
Woman counter-sues the RIAA
2005-10-04, 6:24 PM #41
Quote:
Temp--when you say 98% of any town listens to hiphop/rap, you're...well...wrong in the head. Not to mention the fact that you've not posted one statistic, however credible, in all of your ludicrous claims.

Ever grew up/lived in Toronto? As I said,I couldnt speak ofthe rest ofthe world, but as far as my knowledge goes of the PLACE I GREW UP IN, it's far superior to yours. Which I clarified I only meant earlier. So be quiet.
2005-10-04, 6:31 PM #42
Originally posted by Temperamental:
Ever grew up/lived in Toronto? As I said,I couldnt speak ofthe rest ofthe world, but as far as my knowledge goes of the PLACE I GREW UP IN, it's far superior to yours. Which I clarified I only meant earlier. So be quiet.
Apparently Toronto is 98.001% retarded.
2005-10-04, 6:54 PM #43

You don't even know if that's true in the place you grew up in in Toront. So be quiet yourself. Christ.
D E A T H
2005-10-04, 7:03 PM #44
Yoshi, I know there is good underground rap and everything, I'm talkin about the popular stuff. In the 80's the popular guys were good. Nowadays they suck. And I still think their aren't that many good rappers around nowadays...and if they are, they are just feedin off what others built for them. As in anything, you have to look to the roots of it for the truly good stuff...most everything after is unoriginal duplicates. Like pac and biggie...if it weren't for them, rap would be nothing right now.
2005-10-04, 7:04 PM #45
98%? Do you take into account the fact that some people don't listen to music?
2005-10-04, 7:09 PM #46
People that don't listen to music aren't people at all. They're demons from the center of the Earth, and hopefully they'll return there one day.

P.S. Rap music is the devil.
2005-10-04, 7:46 PM #47
Given that older people (40+) are less-inclined to listen to and enjoy rap, your statistics say that only 2% of the population in Toronto is above the age of 40?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-10-04, 7:52 PM #48
Originally posted by MentatMM:
People that don't listen to music aren't people at all. They're demons from the center of the Earth, and hopefully they'll return there one day.

P.S. Rap music is the devil.

I agree...

I'm not a person.
I'm a coder.
SpamBlogger
"u r dumb, stop or ill sue u
- jak thomsun

p.s. ur gay" - Victor Van Dort

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-04, 8:22 PM #49
Quote:
Apparently Toronto is 98.001% retarded.

Such ignorance.

Its funny how you can all say that RAP IS CRAP. Wihthout realising you're making fun ofa culture, a form of expression, a way of being. When you say **** like that, you make fun of the people that portray it.

yet, if I were to turn around and start making fun of gay people, youd all be on my *** (no pun intended) calling me all sorts of **** for making fun of a form of expression, the way people are, etc. It's the same damn thing.
2005-10-04, 8:29 PM #50
Like the music or not, hip hop is the fastest growing and most selling/popular music nowadays. It's no wonder more younger kids are exposed to gangsta rap.

I dunno about the rest of the cities in the world, but I can safely say that about 98% of Toronto. To answer your question.
Alright, first of all I said NOTHING about my feelings towards the genre. I just find it very difficult to believe that an EIGHT YEAR OLD GIRL has thousands of illegally downloaded gangsta rap songs on what I'm assuming is her mother's computer. I mean, eight years old would be what, second or third grade?
2005-10-04, 8:32 PM #51
Such ignorance.

Its funny how you can all say that RAP IS CRAP. Wihthout realising you're making fun ofa culture, a form of expression, a way of being. When you say **** like that, you make fun of the people that portray it.

yet, if I were to turn around and start making fun of gay people, youd all be on my *** (no pun intended) calling me all sorts of **** for making fun of a form of expression, the way people are, etc. It's the same damn thing.

Good point actually...it is very much the same thing...it's just that the idea that hating/making fun of gays has been beaten into our heads pretty soundly and become very PC. Of course, rap is a form of music and they are pretty much insulting the music form, not the people, but yet rap is an entire culture, and they are bashing that too without any knowledge of it beyond what MTV and the media bring to them, which is not the real culture at all. But really, you can't blame them for hating rap, since the stuff you hear played on radios and on tv is pretty damn insulting to the rap culture anyways. It's mainstream garbage. stuff like 50 cent, chingy, all that crap is soo awful it's no wonder they hate it so much. Not just the music, which is usually catchy though annoying, it's just the themes of the songs..they are so hollow and idiotic it makes me want to puke. Music videos magnify this effect 10 fold. Rap isn't for everyone, but if you listened to some good rap I think most of you would like it, or at least respect it...That is, if you listen to it with an open mind, a.k.a impossible for most of you....I mean listen to "Changes" by 2pac and tell me it's not a damn good work of art.
2005-10-04, 8:35 PM #52
Its funny how you can all say that RAP IS CRAP.
Because rap isn't good music. There is no rhythm to speak of and the lyrics are not so much 'poetic' as they are about banging hoes, shooting black people and doing drugs.

Quote:
Wihthout realising you're making fun ofa culture, a form of expression, a way of being.
'Reprobate' is a culture now?

Quote:
When you say **** like that, you make fun of the people that portray it.
Why should I care if I make fun of the people who represent rap music? Are any of them good people? No?
Even the "poor little black boy" Tupac was a drug-addicted thug moron. Would you invite him to your dinner table?

Quote:
You're right, rap is gay.

:rolleyes:
2005-10-04, 8:38 PM #53
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Because rap isn't good music. There is no rhythm to speak of and the lyrics are not so much 'poetic' as they are about banging hoes, shooting black people and doing drugs.

'Reprobate' is a culture now?

Why should I care if I make fun of the people who represent rap music? Are any of them good people? No?
Even the "poor little black boy" Tupac was a drug-addicted thug moron. Would you invite him to your dinner table?

You're right, rap is gay.

:rolleyes:

God your so ****in ignorant you make me sick. Go die.

Here's the situation: your a white boy who grew up rich or at least damn well off in a squeaky clean neighborhood with no worries. Your so far removed from the culture that you cannot offer any valid opinion on it. I mean, you talk about good people? How would you turn out if your father was a drug dealer, your mother was a crack addicted prostitute, and you lived in a complete ghetto? The only reason you are who you are is luck of the dice, and yet you tout some kind of complete superiority. It's easy to follow the law and be a "good person" when everyone around you does the same your whole life. These kids have it the other way, from the day they are born, they see crime all the time in their lives. They see their parents commiting crime, they see it on the streets, they see it as the way of life. Are you honestly saying that these people are all just "bad seeds"? Give me a break...they are a product of their environment. And people like tupac managed to overcome this and succeed in life...tupac had alot of meaningful messages in his songs, and he had a remarkable outlook on life. He was a great businessman, and obviously very intelligent. Yet you are so quick to try and discredit him with a stereotype.
2005-10-04, 8:42 PM #54
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]God your so ****in ignorant you make me sick. Go die.[/QUOTE]OH NO! Does that mean you'll do a drive-by of my house? I'M SCARED NOW.

You have a poor taste in music and clearly it's been a bad influence on you. I suggest electroshock therapy.
2005-10-04, 8:52 PM #55
OH NO! Does that mean you'll do a drive-by of my house? I'M SCARED NOW.

You have a poor taste in music and clearly it's been a bad influence on you. I suggest electroshock therapy.

You seem to think you are really intelligent or something and above us all, but just listen to yourself speak... you are completely childish.
2005-10-04, 8:56 PM #56
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]You seem to think you are really intelligent or something and above us all, but just listen to yourself speak... you are completely childish.[/QUOTE]And you listen to terrible music.

Checkmate.
2005-10-04, 8:59 PM #57
Hey, you guys. People have different opinions on everything, including music. Learn to ****ing live with it.
2005-10-04, 9:00 PM #58
And you listen to terrible music.

Checkmate.

More ignorance...care to NOT ignore what I just said and address it? Or would you rather just say "RAP SUCKS KTHXBYE UR A LOSAR"...cus thats the type of attitude you have right now. And I don't care if you think rap, as a music form, sucks. I just hate your idiotic opinion that all rappers, (READ: BLACK PEOPLE) are scum who don't deserve any respect because they are awful people with no morals. It's bull****.
2005-10-04, 9:07 PM #59
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]I just hate your idiotic opinion that all rappers, (READ: BLACK PEOPLE) are scum who don't deserve any respect because they are awful people with no morals. It's bull****.[/QUOTE]I'm not racist, I think Eminem is slime too.
2005-10-04, 9:09 PM #60
I'm not racist, I think Eminem is slime too.

In other words, you'd rather not think about what I said since I proved you completely wrong, and would rather just spout off another childish catchphrase? Ok cool. Go back to your little bubble, bubbleboy

(Well actually it's really just a plastic divider)
2005-10-04, 9:13 PM #61
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]In other words, you'd rather not think about what I said since I proved you completely wrong[/QUOTE]You're absolutely right, I was wrong about what I said. I actually love rap music and I think rappers are all honest, hard-working humanitarians trying to throw off the yoke of white oppression.

lol.

Know what? Chances are you're a teenage misanthrope who's rebelling against his wealthy parents because they didn't buy you a car, and you like to express your angst by wearing rings, plastic chains and backwards baseball hats and putting a "cap in yo ***, bra" and what-have-you. I refer you to my original suggestion for emergency electroshock therapy.
2005-10-04, 9:15 PM #62
Quote:
Here's the situation: your a white boy who grew up rich or at least damn well off in a squeaky clean neighborhood with no worries. Your so far removed from the culture that you cannot offer any valid opinion on it. I mean, you talk about good people? How would you turn out if your father was a drug dealer, your mother was a crack addicted prostitute, and you lived in a complete ghetto? The only reason you are who you are is luck of the dice, and yet you tout some kind of complete superiority. It's easy to follow the law and be a "good person" when everyone around you does the same your whole life. These kids have it the other way, from the day they are born, they see crime all the time in their lives. They see their parents commiting crime, they see it on the streets, they see it as the way of life. Are you honestly saying that these people are all just "bad seeds"? Give me a break...they are a product of their environment. And people like tupac managed to overcome this and succeed in life...tupac had alot of meaningful messages in his songs, and he had a remarkable outlook on life. He was a great businessman, and obviously very intelligent. Yet you are so quick to try and discredit him with a stereotype.

Address my points of "product of their enviroment" with LOGIC and REASONING, not SARCASM and CHILDISH MOCKERY, or you lose this argument and must crawl back to the dirty hole from which you came.
2005-10-04, 9:17 PM #63
I think it's funny how defensive Duke's getting over a crappy music style :p
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-10-04, 9:18 PM #64
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]In other words, you'd rather not think about what I said since I proved you completely wrong, and would rather just spout off another childish catchphrase? Ok cool. Go back to your little bubble, bubbleboy

(Well actually it's really just a plastic divider)[/QUOTE]Someone watched Seinfeld on TV tonight.
2005-10-04, 9:19 PM #65
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]Address my points of "product of their enviroment" with LOGIC and REASONING, not SARCASM and CHILDISH MOCKERY, or you lose this argument and must crawl back to the dirty hole from which you came.[/QUOTE]Address what points and what argument? Rap music sounds terrible and the subject is always socially self-destructive. Are you so insecure in your music choice and - indeed - your "lifestyle" (cough) that you feel the need to whine at people who don't share your penchant for stupidity?
2005-10-04, 9:23 PM #66
You're absolutely right, I was wrong about what I said. I actually love rap music and I think rappers are all honest, hard-working humanitarians trying to throw off the yoke of white oppression.

lol.

Know what? Chances are you're a teenage misanthrope who's rebelling against his wealthy parents because they didn't buy you a car, and you like to express your angst by wearing rings, plastic chains and backwards baseball hats and putting a "cap in yo ***, bra" and what-have-you. I refer you to my original suggestion for emergency electroshock therapy.

Shut up. Seriously. I'm poor--my mom makes ~12k a year, if we're lucky. This is the way I grew up most of my life. If I had the finer things in life, trust me, it was through my own or through another, more prosperous family member's doing. Not only that, but I've had a very lonely, abandoned, torturous childhood. Now before you start going off on how I'm going for a pity trip, lemme just tell you that if I was going to, you'd be hearing a LOT more than this from me. I could rant for days about it, but I'm not, I'm just saying this to back something up: not everyone on these forums is from middle class suburbia, ranting against how their parents won't buy them a car.

That said, I enjoy rap...mostly GOOD rap. Rap that speaks out to my soul, that speaks to my life, and also rap that's just got a great rhythm, a great beat, and is fun to listen to. If you think that all rap is stupid, crappy "thug-life" mentality stuff...then you're wrong. Listen to Atmosphere, Sage Francis, Eyedea, etc. Also, while Tupac WAS a big supporter of the Thug-life ideal, it was for a deeper seated reason than being a 'gangsta'. He was addicted to drugs...so what? I can't begin to mention the number of bands that have members with drug addiction problems that continue to be great (Red Hot Chili Peppers is just the best example I can come up with). Also, he had a lot of ideas about life that applied to the common man that came through a lot of his songs--mostly the ones that weren't so popular.

And for chrissakes, get the white-boy elitism out of your ***. It's ****ing annoying.
D E A T H
2005-10-04, 9:24 PM #67
For ****s sake, I already said, **** rap music, I DON"T EVEN LISTEN TO IT THAT MUCH. I prefer rock and other music...this about racism now. You are expressing extremely racist ideals. The idea that black people are inherently evil and it is their own fault that so many of them are criminals
2005-10-04, 9:26 PM #68
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]You are expressing extremely racist ideals. The idea that black people are inherently evil and it is their own fault that so many of them are criminals[/QUOTE]Are you implying that all black people enjoy, produce, and exhibit the qualities expressed in rap music?

Hey, I have news for you - I'm not the racist one.
2005-10-04, 9:26 PM #69
My life sucks/sucked more than yours.
2005-10-04, 9:30 PM #70
Are you implying that all black people enjoy, produce, and exhibit the qualities expressed in rap music?

Hey, I have news for you - I'm not the racist one.

HAHAH nice try. Not all, but alot. Theres no sense blanketing it,

inmates by race, per 100000 inmates in the US.
[http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/cc/Us-incarceration-rates.png/300px-Us-incarceration-rates.png]

...says about all I need to. YES, alot more blacks commit crime then any other race. I'm not being racist because I realize that they aren't at fault. When you grow up around crime, your going to be a criminal. When you grow up in a nice place with no crime and a loving family, you likely will not be. They are a product of their environment. You on the other hand, are saying that all these gangsters in the United States are that way because their is something fundamentally wrong with them.
2005-10-04, 9:34 PM #71
You know, until you know what it's like to be at least poor, if not living in the neighborhoods like those inmates come from, I'd say not to comment on knowing exactly how/why they're in there.
D E A T H
2005-10-04, 9:35 PM #72
That's horse ****. I grew up in a crappy neighborhood in East LA. There were bars on the windows. The cops wouldn't come to this area of the city. Gangs ruled. Then I moved to crappy little ghetto town called San Bernardino. I'm not a criminal. Product of environment my ***. Someone ****s up, it's their own damn fault.
2005-10-04, 9:36 PM #73
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]They are a product of their environment. You on the other hand, are saying that all these gangsters in the United States are that way because their is something fundamentally wrong with them.[/QUOTE]First: "their" =/= "they're" =/= "there".

Second: Black people have also been identified with music I very very very much enjoy: jazz and the blues, which - unlike rap - do not represent rape and murder and absolutely everything wrong with society.

Third: And 1940s Germans were a member of the Nazi party because they were born in Germany. It's not their fault, they had to join the Nazi party because they were born in the wrong place.
Oh wait.
They grew up, they moved on and made a fortune, but they still act like Grade 'A' dicks who pay people to kill each other, do and deal massive amounts of drugs, and sexually harass women at every opportunity. In spite of what you think it is their choice. They have a serious chance to make the world a better place but instead they're making it worse, and raising children to act the exact same way as the people you claim victimized them.

They were born in the wrong place but they're still terrible people. Pity the kids still stuck like that, but why in god's name would you feel sorry for a rapper?
2005-10-04, 9:36 PM #74
Heh, the evolution of this thread is hilarious.
"Hey, some lady is suing the RIAA!"
"Yeah, down with the RIAA!"
"Wait, couldn't her daughter have downloaded the songs?"
(me) "Yeah right, eight year olds don't listen to gansta rap."
"Yes, they do, and it's all MTV's fault!"
"OMG RAP IS CRAP"
"Shut up, you racist!"
"I'm not racist, you're the racist!"

One can only guess where it'll go from here.
2005-10-04, 9:39 PM #75
Originally posted by Primate:
Heh, the evolution of this thread is hilarious.
"Hey, some lady is suing the RIAA!"
"Yeah, down with the RIAA!"
"Wait, couldn't her daughter have downloaded the songs?"
(me) "Yeah right, eight year olds don't listen to gansta rap."
"Yes, they do, and it's all MTV's fault!"
"OMG RAP IS CRAP"
"Shut up, you racist!"
"I'm not racist, you're the racist!"

One can only guess where it'll go from here.

Primate flings poo :em321:
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-10-04, 9:45 PM #76
Originally posted by ':
-[ellequin']That's horse ****. I grew up in a crappy neighborhood in East LA. There were bars on the windows. The cops wouldn't come to this area of the city. Gangs ruled. Then I moved to crappy little ghetto town called San Bernardino. I'm not a criminal. Product of environment my ***. Someone ****s up, it's their own damn fault.

And this is why I like Steven.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-10-04, 9:45 PM #77
First: "their" =/= "they're" =/= "there".

Second: Black people have also been identified with music I very very very much enjoy: jazz and the blues, which - unlike rap - do not represent rape and murder and absolutely everything wrong with society.

Third: And 1940s Germans were a member of the Nazi party because they were born in Germany. It's not their fault, they had to join the Nazi party because they were born in the wrong place.
Oh wait.
They grew up, they moved on and made a fortune, but they still act like Grade 'A' dicks who pay people to kill each other, do and deal massive amounts of drugs, and sexually harass women at every opportunity. In spite of what you think it is their choice. They have a serious chance to make the world a better place but instead they're making it worse, and raising children to act the exact same way as the people you claim victimized them.

They were born in the wrong place but they're still terrible people. Pity the kids still stuck like that, but why in god's name would you feel sorry for a rapper?

Godwinn's Law once more with the nazi comparison. Why do people always do that?

And you are assuming no famous rappers have changed and left behind their gangster ways...This is just not true. Alot of them completely drop crime..they raise their kids the right way and have good messages in their songs...Take nas for example...download his song "I can" and tell me all rappers are scum. Alot of them have to keep that thug image because it's what sells to the mainstream. Granted, I agree, there are alot of rappers who are morons, just like with anything, but you are generalizing to the extreme. What about rock and roll? Doesn't that culture breed a self destruction lifestyle with drug dealing, drugs, addiction and all that?
2005-10-04, 10:33 PM #78
THIS IS JUST ANOTHER WAY THE MAN IS TRYING TO KEEP US DOWN

FIGHT THE POWER

p.s. pants
Moo.
2005-10-04, 11:13 PM #79
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke][http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/cc/Us-incarceration-rates.png/300px-Us-incarceration-rates.png][/QUOTE]

That's not a fair chart, asians should be much higher but it's hard to catch ninjas.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-10-05, 3:50 AM #80
First: "their" =/= "they're" =/= "there".

Good to see you still didn't read my post. Christ.
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!