Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Evolution...
Evolution...
2006-03-04, 10:30 AM #1
This is the final show down, I don't know what happened in the last thread(s), but I want to end this... I will post most interesting articles that have been called to my attention, perhaps, this should be read:
The Bulletin
Evolution Impossible

Now, I'd like to see what it is that you people have to say. I read both articles entirely, I expect no less from you.
I would like to ask that this not turned into a flame war, that we all stay civil, and we try to work this out. I'm sick of all the damn bashing and flaming I'm receiving simply because I do not believe in a theory that according to my knowledge and understanding it is impossible.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-03-04, 10:33 AM #2
Stop. Please. I'm tired of Massassi being plagued by flamewars.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-03-04, 10:33 AM #3
Ok, your sources are biased so that doesn't help either side. Seriously, just go read some textbooks on biology rather than looking for biased articles on the internet.
2006-03-04, 10:34 AM #4
Originally posted by Martyn:
Ok, your sources are biased so that doesn't help either side. Seriously, just go read some textbooks on biology rather than looking for biased articles on the internet.

Just because it quotes the bible means nothing... read the article totally.
2006-03-04, 10:36 AM #5
I don't need the bible quotes - the title says it all - Evolution Impossible. The source has a bias and is therefore useless for a scientific debate/analysis.

I'm not saying 'go read a book' to be a smart arse, I'm doing it honestly. Read biology books and you will find some answers.
2006-03-04, 10:38 AM #6
I don't need the bible quotes - the title says it all - Evolution Impossible. The source has a bias and is therefore useless for a scientific debate/analysis.

I'm not saying 'go read a book' to be a smart arse, I'm doing it honestly. Read biology books and you will find some answers.

You know lets just drop it... I have my opinion, and my quotations express it... if you cannot deal with that then forget the whole damn thing.
2006-03-04, 10:40 AM #7
In that there article... there were many great things covered, but since you judged because of its title or opinions in it, you know it all... and therefore it cannot be used. Pathetic.
2006-03-04, 10:40 AM #8
Yeah, I can do in this thread what you did in the last thread: cover my ears and go "LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU ALALALALALA!"
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-03-04, 10:41 AM #9
The reason these threads always fail is that you don't make them to debate. You make them to try and show everyone how you're right, they're wrong, end of story. Try being a bit more open minded, and maybe you could actually get something out of this.
2006-03-04, 10:41 AM #10
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
You know lets just drop it... I have my opinion, and my quotations express it... if you cannot deal with that then forget the whole damn thing.

Iurationi non adsuescat os tuum multus enim casus in illa!
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-03-04, 10:44 AM #11
Fine, throw your toys out of the pram, but if you want answers you are not going to find them in places you are looking, you have to look at the information presented to you from both sides of an argument. Yes I read your articles, and to be honest they're just one sided 'pick and choose' efforts citing works selectively to support a hypothesis; anyone can do it.

What anyone can also do is educate themselves by not reading the selective stuff (like you have cited) but going to the source - textbooks that just contain facts, and let you make your mind up yourself, rahter than being led by an author with an agenda.

I strongly suggest you try it.
2006-03-04, 10:44 AM #12
Lets just drop it, and forget any of this ever happened? I'm ****ing sick of getting bashed simply because I do not believe in evolution. I have no idea why you people seem to want to take a shot at me at any chance you get. I was never able to even fully express myself in the last threads. All I want is peace. I like this community, or atleast I did. How ever, this place seems to have degraded to a post and run area.
2006-03-04, 10:47 AM #13
wait you posted this thread now you're complaining that people are bashing you?

What did you expect to happen. Everyone to go. "Oh would you look at that. I guess he was right all along."?
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2006-03-04, 10:47 AM #14
I'm not bashing you, I'm saying that you should read up on this stuff before you try and have a stand-up argument about it.

And nor am I running.
2006-03-04, 10:48 AM #15
You post your arguments, get shot down, and then complain about how we can't drop it. Then you start another thread, get shot down, and then complain about how we can't drop it. Following that, you post another thread, get shot down, and then complain about how we can't drop it.

It's not the community that's the problem here.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-03-04, 10:50 AM #16
Did you know that lice are harder and harder to get rid of these days? Well it's true, and it's because they are becoming resistant to the hair prodects that are made to kill them. "How does that happen?" you ask. Well, after using the lice treatment, maybe a few of the critters survive because they have some random genetic trait that helps them out. Well, all of the other bugs are dead, but the few that survived start to reproduce. Now you have an unfortunate person who is infested with lice that the original hair treatment won't kill. The fittest lice survived the original treatment and passed along those traits to their offspring. That is evolution. We see it every day in the insect world and we see it in many many other living organisms to this day. It is absolutely absurd to say that evolution is impossible because is not something that may or may not have happened millions of years ago, it is something that is happening as we speek. How can you deny something that you can see right outside your window if you would just take the time to look?

[Edit]
Darn, in the time it took to write that the whole attitude of the thread changed.
[/Edit]
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2006-03-04, 10:50 AM #17
Post and run? We tried to keep the last thread afloat for a few weeks waiting for you to come back and respond. We argued your "facts" and you bailed. That's why people have a problem with you. You claim something and you just state we're all wrong and run. You don't sit there and discuss it with us, you don't try to bring anything to the table, you just state your opinion and leave. Which it looks like you're doing yet again.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-03-04, 10:50 AM #18
Originally posted by TheJkWhoSaysNi:
wait you posted this thread now you're complaining that people are bashing you?

What did you expect to happen. Everyone to go. "Oh would you look at that. I guess he was right all along."?

No... I just hear you people bull ****ting all the ****ing time about all this freedom of speech ****, but I don't seem to be entitled to my own opinion.
And now you're going to pull on me what I said not too long ago in the halocaust thread, which was driven for the same damn reason.

I'm not bashing you, I'm saying that you should read up on this stuff before you try and have a stand-up argument about it.

And nor am I running.

I didn't mean you.
2006-03-04, 10:50 AM #19
Haha. In the first paragraph of the second article it says "evolution is not happening at presant."

Ummm... WHAT? It's not like rain. It doesn't just happen over the course of a couple of hours. It takes years and years and years. This is the nice thing about the earth having been around for billions of years as opposed to 6000.
>>untie shoes
2006-03-04, 10:51 AM #20
No... I just hear you people bull ****ting all the ****ing time about all this freedom of speech ****, but I don't seem to be entitled to my own opinion.
And now you're going to pull on me what I said not too long ago in the halocaust thread, which was driven for the same damn reason.

I didn't mean you.

It's not that you don't have freedom of speech, it's that you say a lot of really annoying things and people around here have gotten sick of it.
>>untie shoes
2006-03-04, 10:52 AM #21
Originally posted by Roach:
Post and run? We tried to keep the last thread afloat for a few weeks waiting for you to come back and respond. We argued your "facts" and you bailed. That's why people have a problem with you. You claim something and you just state we're all wrong and run. You don't sit there and discuss it with us, you don't try to bring anything to the table, you just state your opinion and leave. Which it looks like you're doing yet again.

I didn't bail, I had to leave for a while, and I wanted to finish it, but I didn't have enough time to read and keep up with your posts.
2006-03-04, 10:53 AM #22

You're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean everyone else isn't allowed to tell you you're wrong. :p
2006-03-04, 10:53 AM #23
Originally posted by Bill:
It's not that you don't have freedom of speech, it's that you say a lot of really annoying things and people around here have gotten sick of it.

Yeah... thats why whenever I'm not talking about evolution people like Rob, and such are always making fun at me, my religion and such. Cheapshots.
2006-03-04, 10:54 AM #24
What did I say in my first post?! Jesus, this thread went down fast. :(
DO NOT WANT.
2006-03-04, 10:54 AM #25
This is a good comeback thread for me. Banned for three days and then gold makes another thread. It's almost like we're allowed to flame him.
>>untie shoes
2006-03-04, 10:54 AM #26
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']You're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean everyone else isn't allowed to tell you you're wrong. :p

Telling me that I'm wrong is one thing, insulting and bashing me on site is another,
2006-03-04, 10:55 AM #27
Zero to Gold-bashing in less than thirty minutes. Gotta love this place.
2006-03-04, 10:55 AM #28
Yeah... thats why whenever I'm not talking about evolution people like Rob, and such are always making fun at me, my religion and such. Cheapshots.

Yeah but you're also a 40 year old man doing a personality study, as well as creating a massassi mmorpg, a matrix mod, and a tirade against evolution.
>>untie shoes
2006-03-04, 10:57 AM #29
I didn't bail, I had to leave for a while, and I wanted to finish it, but I didn't have enough time to read and keep up with your posts.

Then why don't you go find the old thread, read what you missed, and bring those points over here.

Your articles are not worth reading, by the way, they simply state something as true without explaining why. They state that a cell couldn't come to be on it's own because it's too complex for that...but they don't explain what's so complex about it (bacteria really are ridiculously simple). If you want to discuss this, bring some articles with actual facts into this.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-03-04, 10:57 AM #30
Gold, instead of arguing go and read some FACTUAL books, when you've had a ponder come back. If you stay here you will learn nothing at all, probably get flamed and ridiculed because you're not prepared to debate with us about this stuff.

Look, I'm trying to be nice here, just go to a library and get out some books about biology that have no slant/bias on them.
2006-03-04, 10:57 AM #31
Yeah but you're also a 40 year old man doing a personality study, as well as creating a massassi mmorpg, a matrix mod, and a tirade against evolution.
Oh! Don't forget about being an ex-gang leader karate master!
2006-03-04, 10:58 AM #32

Lol... the whole 40 year old thing was a joke that I made out of pure insanity. Of course no one laughed.
I don't know how many times I've stated this, or how many times I will have to state it: I'm not making an mmorpg anymore!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm merely a 3d modler for one.
Matrix mod is coming along, slowly, but surely, nothing to show though.
Tirade agaisnt evolution? WTF?
2006-03-04, 10:59 AM #33
Originally posted by Primate:
Oh! Don't forget about being an ex-gang leader karate master!

Damnit! :(
2006-03-04, 11:02 AM #34
Verriegeln dieses bitte
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-03-04, 11:02 AM #35
For a christian creationist, you sure do lie a lot.
>>untie shoes
2006-03-04, 11:04 AM #36
SQUIRLLS ON ISLANDS PART 3!!!!!
2006-03-04, 11:04 AM #37
Originally posted by Space_Bandit:
Verriegeln dieses bitte

Why? I'd rather him "settle this once and for all" like he said he would and actually present us a case this time. There's no reason to lock it yet.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-03-04, 11:04 AM #38
For a christian creationist, you sure do lie a lot.

Really? Can I ask what statement you are calling false?
2006-03-04, 11:04 AM #39
Originally posted by Rob:
SQUIRLLS ON ISLANDS PART 3!!!!!

Oh man... :(
2006-03-04, 11:05 AM #40
Really? Can I ask what statement you are calling false?

Near anything about any project you've ever posted has been a lie.

Not to mention that you steal other people's work and call it your own.

↑ Up to the top!