Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Evolution...
Evolution...
2006-03-04, 11:43 AM #121
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']ROB I KNEW YOU WOULD SAY THAT

YOU ARE SO PREDICTABLE

I AM STUDYING YOU FOR SCIENCE

STUDY THIS.

*farts in your general direction*
2006-03-04, 11:44 AM #122
Man this thread is going fast. I bet this won't even be a double post.
2006-03-04, 11:44 AM #123
You had a turkey sandwich 3 hours ago.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-03-04, 11:44 AM #124
Roach, lol! Gold thinks he's God now.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-03-04, 11:44 AM #125
An apartment building as a bad cockroach problem, so the landlord calls an exterminator to come and spray. He comes, and sprays the floor, under all the furniture, in the walls, in the attic, everywhere. Now all the cockroaches die, except for those that, for one reason or another, are able to withstand the pesticide. These cockroaches reproduce and the next generation, inheriting traits from the previous, has a higher percentage of cockroaches that can survive the exterminator. In this second generation, the cockroaches that still can't resist the poison die on the exterminator's next visit, and the third generation has an even higher percentage of pesticide-immune roaches.

This is evolution. Individuals that have a specific trait are favored by the environment, and that trait is passed on to subsequent generations. I have absolutely no idea how you can even argue that this doesn't occur. Darwin proved it with his finches, and many other examples have been observed. Evolution occurs.
2006-03-04, 11:46 AM #126
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]An apartment building as a bad cockroach problem, so the landlord calls an exterminator to come and spray. He comes, and sprays the floor, under all the furniture, in the walls, in the attic, everywhere. Now all the cockroaches die, except for those that, for one reason or another, are able to withstand the pesticide. These cockroaches reproduce and the next generation, inheriting traits from the previous, has a higher percentage of cockroaches that can survive the exterminator. In this second generation, the cockroaches that still can't resist the poison die on the exterminator's next visit, and the third generation has an even higher percentage of pesticide-immune roaches.

This is evolution. Individuals that have a specific trait are favored by the environment, and that trait is passed on to subsequent generations. I have absolutely no idea how you can even argue that this doesn't occur. Darwin proved it with his finches, and many other examples have been observed. Evolution occurs.[/QUOTE]

You know, trying to evolve a Gold thread back to it's original topic, is a lot like trying to evolve people back to eating lots of raw meat.

It results in intestinal problems and very stinky excrement.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-03-04, 11:46 AM #127
Did Chuck Norris evolve?
2006-03-04, 11:46 AM #128
And by the way, while we are on the subject, Here comes a candle to light you to bed, here comes a chopper to chop off your head!
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-03-04, 11:46 AM #129
That post made me think Vinny was writting a huge metaphor for banning me. I hate you, Vinny.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-03-04, 11:50 AM #130
You'll get over it.
2006-03-04, 11:51 AM #131
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Did Chuck Norris evolve?

God is unchanging...
2006-03-04, 11:51 AM #132
Don't make me close this (again) by mentioning Chuck Norris.
2006-03-04, 11:52 AM #133
[QUOTE=gold in other thread]I would really love to see some ACTUAL proof of that, and I don't mean words on a web page, I mean proof[/QUOTE]
Look at the first page, then read this. What a hypocrite.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-04, 11:52 AM #134
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]Don't make me close this (again) by mentioning Chuck Norris.[/QUOTE]

I can't decide if that would anger Gold or make him happy...
2006-03-04, 11:53 AM #135
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]You'll get over it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you're probably right. Besides, don't want to risk me becoming more and more resistant to bans.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-03-04, 11:55 AM #136
Originally posted by Spook:
I can't decide if that would anger Gold or make him happy...

He'd act mad but he'd be relieved.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-04, 11:56 AM #137
Indeed. Cheese is awesome.

Chili con queso, salsa con queso, cream cheese, mozarella...

CHEESE.

IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-03-04, 11:57 AM #138
I don't know what's worse... The fact that I want to mercilessly insult Gold simply because he's never right about ANYTHING...

Or that I'm going to marry a woman who blindly believes something so stupid as creationism just as devoutly as he does...

Seriously... We can't even MENTION the topic...
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-03-04, 11:58 AM #139
Just show her how hairy you are, ape-man.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-03-04, 11:58 AM #140
[http://www.filefarmer.com/2/genkaar/fsmcomiccsd.JPG]
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-03-04, 12:01 PM #141
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]An apartment building as a bad cockroach problem...[/QUOTE]
That's an interesting example, Vinny. Critics have claimed that because evolution is so difficult to observe, it cannot be an accurate theory. In a similar vein to the roach example, aren't there fears of bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics? Isn't that an example of evolution that is observable within our lifetime?
2006-03-04, 12:03 PM #142
Originally posted by Wuss:
That's an interesting example, Vinny. Critics have claimed that because evolution is so difficult to observe, it cannot be an accurate theory. In a similar vein to the roach example, aren't there fears of bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics? Isn't that an example of evolution that is observable within our lifetime?

It's beyond fears. It's fact. Bacteria in hospitals are resistant to antibiotics and various cleaners.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-03-04, 12:03 PM #143
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK, GOOD BYE!

Any Titanic jokes you want to make as long as we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity?

Irony!
2006-03-04, 12:07 PM #144
Vinny made a big mistake by unlocking this.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-03-04, 12:08 PM #145
Why did I just read this whole thread?

Someone, please tell me why? I feel like I just wasted ten minutes.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-04, 12:10 PM #146
Morbid curiousity to see if goldboy finally cracked and got banned?
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2006-03-04, 12:15 PM #147
Because you're a loser like the rest of us and have nothing better to do.
2006-03-04, 12:28 PM #148
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
Last post of the thread:

I don't study because they never tell you what exams you are going to present.

Great philosphy. Good luck with that in hte real world.
Pissed Off?
2006-03-04, 12:33 PM #149
He could always cheat. It'd accomplish the same purpose. Except the cheating would actually make him more successful and knowladgeable than his previous plan. There are very few situations where that applies.
2006-03-04, 12:33 PM #150
Originally posted by Roach:
It's beyond fears. It's fact. Bacteria in hospitals are resistant to antibiotics and various cleaners.

That's one of the reasons AIDS is so difficult to fight; it keeps changing to resist new treatments.

And obviously my example was very simple and small scale, but you figure that over thousands or millions of years you could get some pretty radical changes.
2006-03-04, 12:33 PM #151
*humps Gold*
/fluffle
2006-03-04, 12:58 PM #152
Bar Fight! *Breaks bottle of wine over Stats' head*
2006-03-04, 1:15 PM #153
It's Sats. Martha Sats.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-03-04, 1:21 PM #154
Ahh, what's a "t" more or less? Probably do him good.
2006-03-04, 1:25 PM #155
Ok, since 90% of the posts in here are completely unrelated to the topic, BILL SUCKS!!

Gold: people like Martyn telling you to read biology, etc. have it dead on. You wanted to re-open a debate. One of the FUNDEMENTAL parts of debate is knowing the OTHER side inside-out, and addressing the OTHER side directly in your part. You can't simply go on and on about YOUR side being right with the idea that your side is ABSOLUTELY right -- that's called bias. Likewise, you can't simply pick and choose evidence that supports you while ignoring everything else that flies in the face of your argument.

Example:
evidence: "This animal has four legs, and fur. The color of its fur is probably brown."
Your post: OMG LOOK AT THIS!! This animal is OBVIOUSLY a cheetah. Here's my evidence: This animal has four legs, and fur."
Rebuttal: What about the other evidence indicating that the animal probably has brown fur; thus it might be a horse or something?
Your rebuttal: That's impossible, because it's impossible, and those studies have not been verified!

That's picking and choosing evidence, and it's stupid. (Also note that I specifically wrote "the color of the fur is PROBABLY brown" as evidence because that leaves it open to discussion)

The article you provided .. basically goes through bunch of evidence that otherwise wouldn't go against evolution, and says "but this can't be possible!" without providing any basis for their claims.

Quote:
The recent discovery of the intact flesh of a Tyrannosaurus rex with its "blood vessels—still flexible and elastic after 68 million years—and apparently intact cells"1 is a case in point. It would seem impossible for such soft structures to be preserved intact even for 6800 years, but evolutionists accept it on faith.

Rephrased: "omg, OBVIOUSLY things that old can't be preserved like that so it must be fake!!". Why can't it be preserved like that? Is there some experimental or even logical basis past "it's common sense" (which doesn't apply very well to counterintuitive situations)?

This is basically disproving on the grounds that "We think it seems wrong, and you should too. Don't mind that people involved are actually delving into this and trying to find the truth. Indeed, at first impression, it seems against what we'd normally believe. Our intuition is never wrong, so therefore this whole thing must be a fallacy!"
一个大西瓜
2006-03-04, 1:27 PM #156
Pommy is wrong in advance.
>>untie shoes
2006-03-04, 1:29 PM #157
Pommy defies gravity, ergo, Pommy's ideas on science are flawed.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-03-04, 1:37 PM #158
I find this thread disturbingly entertaining. Also, I've got a huge craving for cheese now.
I'm just a little boy.
2006-03-04, 1:44 PM #159
FRIED CHEESE.
2006-03-04, 1:55 PM #160
Originally posted by Rob:
FRIED CHEESE.

I had so much cheese last night. :gbk: I am allergic to dairy, but not lactose intolerant. Hence, it makes my eyes red and that is it. I ate a whole pizza a cheese pull aparts from 'The Pie' last night.

When I woke up this morning, my mediterranean skin had doused the room in the smell of garlic. Oddly, my eyes are not at all red. I think garlic may be the secret. Water too.

↑ Up to the top!