Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Israel invades Gaza and Lebanon...
Israel invades Gaza and Lebanon...
2006-07-18, 6:52 PM #161
Originally posted by UltimatePotato:
I don't think we actually went to war with Iraq over oil. It was the WMD thing.

But since we're already there...you get the point. Same with Afghanistan. Perhaps it helped the cause and it's being taken advantage of, but I'm pretty confident that there is ( or at least was) more than just oil at stake.

Oh I know, but trust me oil wasn't exactly the furthest thing from their minds when they went to war. The WMD was the priority, but...two birds with one stone, y'know?
D E A T H
2006-07-18, 6:58 PM #162
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Oh I know, but trust me oil wasn't exactly the furthest thing from their minds when they went to war. The WMD was the priority, but...two birds with one stone, y'know?[/QUOTE]
Exactly what I'm saying. We had reason to go there and help some people out, and we can help ourselves a little in the process.

As a side note, I hate it when people say "Bush lied so we could steal their oil". He didn't "lie" about anything, he just had faulty information. I'd say there's a difference between that and trying to decieve people. Bah, I'm tired. Bed
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2006-07-18, 7:04 PM #163
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]And my eyes are-a-opening. To be honest, I've just grown up a lot since "the day", and I've learned a lot. I was a stupid, uninformed naive kid who thought he had the world licked, much like a lot of the people I see here. I know now things aren't so concrete and I've learned a lot--mostly that the ability to learn is what makes humanity so great. It's a shame that most people refuse to use it, blinded by their own opinions or the opinions of their parents.[/QUOTE]

That's cool Yoshi. It shows you have the courage and wisdom to go back and re-evaluate your stance.

About Iraq, etc.: In times of war, the truth is always the first casualty. There were probably a lot of 'good' reasons besides the official ones.

Originally posted by UltimatePotato:
As a side note, I hate it when people say "Bush lied so we could steal their oil". He didn't "lie" about anything, he just had faulty information.

That's a simplification, but I stick to my opinion that the evidence looks more fabricated than faulty. Let's just say it's not really relevant for this topic. :)
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-07-18, 8:09 PM #164
I've got dibs on emperor.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-07-18, 8:22 PM #165
I see Yoshi has crapped up another thread.

Oh well. There's always the next war.
2006-07-18, 9:14 PM #166
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]

1) It's extremely relevant to your claim.

2) Things take time. It'll be 10 years to 20 years before we see the positive effects of this war. But once we do, trust me, our children will be grateful for it. It's too sad that might make Bush a good president in the publics' eyes in the long run, despite all the mistakes and wrongdoings he had in his presidency.[/QUOTE]

1) Are you kidding me? I was talking about a solder's responsibility, and then you respond with some thing about Iraq. Maybe I'm just stupid connect them for me.

2) Mabye so, mabye not. I tend to think it was just lack of homework on the WMD thing. I guess we'll find out.
2006-07-18, 10:03 PM #167
Originally posted by Jon`C:
I see Yoshi has crapped up another thread.

Oh well. There's always the next war.

[http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/7351/pbf006adtreeofironyyy7.jpg]
D E A T H
2006-07-18, 10:15 PM #168
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi][http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/7351/pbf006adtreeofironyyy7.jpg][/QUOTE]Witty and original!
2006-07-18, 10:47 PM #169
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Witty and original!

I thought it was used and abused, albeit true.
D E A T H
2006-07-18, 11:02 PM #170
All right this is going to continue ad infinitum.

Thread done.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.

↑ Up to the top!