Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → New possible Jedi Knight Game in development! Video link included.
New possible Jedi Knight Game in development! Video link included.
2006-07-23, 12:39 PM #1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AC3bqyq9QQY&search=star%20wars%20next%20gen

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-07-23, 12:41 PM #2
Poor Imperials /_\

Neat, though
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-07-23, 12:42 PM #3
Wish I had more info. From the multiple characters that were in the video, I wonder if it involves Kyle or if its just a game where you play as a Jedi. The force power demonstrations looked cool in any case.
Life is beautiful.
2006-07-23, 12:42 PM #4
ZOMG 90% ALL CAPS BANNED!

(Just kidding, I renamed it.)
2006-07-23, 12:45 PM #5
Whoa that looks pretty sweet. A star wars game with a real lived-in feel to the environments and good physics would be amazing... so you could do stuff, you know?!?!
2006-07-23, 12:46 PM #6
Let's not bull**** ourselves and say that the final product will look ANYTHING like that CG pre-visualization video.

Still looks cool though. If they don't attach the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight name onto it though, I'll be worried.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2006-07-23, 12:48 PM #7
I don't think that was CG... they wouldn't spend that much time on concept art.
2006-07-23, 12:48 PM #8
I don't think it's CG. The description says "CG" but everywhere else says "pre-prepared video." It looks like they have a real engine behind it, but the scenes are probably scripted.

In this IGN article they discuss the physics engine. Chances are that video is powered by a real engine. Hopefully.
2006-07-23, 12:50 PM #9
I'd hope they don't go making it a pure action game like JA.

The Jedi Knight series needs to get beyond the idea of just being a jedi action simulator and actually make the player feel more immersed.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-07-23, 12:52 PM #10
Indeed.

(And hopefully it uses an Unreal engine :P)
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-07-23, 12:56 PM #11
Guh. Immersiveness :(. Me want, so bad. Mmmmm Riven.
2006-07-23, 12:56 PM #12
Originally posted by Detty:
I'd hope they don't go making it a pure action game like JA.

The Jedi Knight series needs to get beyond the idea of just being a jedi action simulator and actually make the player feel more immersed.

Agreed. But even if it IS just a Jedi simulator, it looks like this one will actually be FUN.
2006-07-23, 12:56 PM #13
Are you sure? The last part with the Jedi smashing the stormstrooper over and over... that does not look like it could come from, say, a Wii, or even an Xbox 360.

I'm probably wrong though.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2006-07-23, 12:58 PM #14
Wow talk about scripted.
2006-07-23, 1:05 PM #15
Come on people, hardware these days can do pretty much photorealistic imagery in real-time now. Look at Crysis.

This ain't 1997. It's 2006.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-07-23, 1:09 PM #16
To quote Emon; :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
nope.
2006-07-23, 1:24 PM #17
Jk might just have a future afterall.

Either way, those force powers were awesome :)
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-07-23, 1:48 PM #18
I hope the camera system is as sexy as the graphics are.
2006-07-23, 1:49 PM #19
That's some hot sex right there.
幻術
2006-07-23, 2:17 PM #20
I hope the lightsaber usage is as purely awesome as that force usage is. I didn't see the characters actually use thier saber at any point in that movie. :(
DO NOT WANT.
2006-07-23, 2:18 PM #21
Either way, it looked very brutal. When that stormie was screaming, "Help! Help! God!" or something like that, woah. I wonder who the developer is.
幻術
2006-07-23, 2:21 PM #22
Grrr, the racist comments on that youtube video make me incredibly mad. I want to hit that person in the face.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-07-23, 2:36 PM #23
:eek: I sense a new age will be upon us soon...
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-07-23, 2:39 PM #24
On a side note, possible game play experience...

Quote:
Steve Sansweet from LucasArts said today during that ComicCon thing they're working on a Wii game.

and he noted, that the Wii-remote is very similar to a lightsaber.

If they make this game for Wii, and I'm sure they do, a port to xbox360 or ps3 would be just lame compared to what you can do with the Wii controller.

That's why I doubt it's going to be on xbox360/ps3.
2006-07-23, 2:42 PM #25
Originally posted by Zell:
Grrr, the racist comments on that youtube video make me incredibly mad. I want to hit that person in the face.

and then you realise you can't, so you spend the next 50 years in research and development. Then you hire a PI to find the guy, using this technology you've developed, you punch the guy in the face over the internet.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-07-23, 2:55 PM #26
Impressive. :eek:
Wes Darklighter
|Theed|
2006-07-23, 2:56 PM #27
i'll certainly say so.... i mean, punching someone over the internet... wow.
2006-07-23, 2:56 PM #28
Exactly my plan.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-07-23, 3:04 PM #29
I'd be able to do it before someone canged my title. :mad:
nope.
2006-07-23, 3:04 PM #30
Looks like a CGI promotional movie to me.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-07-23, 3:11 PM #31
Looks like gameplay to me.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-07-23, 3:14 PM #32
Looks like the push/pull whores are being given more power.

As Detty said, I hope they make a more immersive JK game. Bring back the old JK SP and the JO MP, with originality and no gimmicks.
2006-07-23, 3:24 PM #33
Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
Looks like the push/pull whores are being given more power.

As Detty said, I hope they make a more immersive JK game. Bring back the old JK SP and the JO MP, with originality and no gimmicks.

Like puzzles and stuff... I'd also like to see some RPG elements too, and I wish they could make awesome multiplayer with coop.
2006-07-23, 3:27 PM #34
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

WHAT THE! Looks pretty violent. Please don't tell me it's going to be for console...
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-07-23, 3:36 PM #35
That was awesome. I hope this comes out on the Wii, because the thought of using the Wii controller to fling stormies about or control your lightsaber is making me excited. Yes. Very excited indeed.
2006-07-23, 3:39 PM #36
Originally posted by Rerun:
That was awesome. I hope this comes out on the Wii, because the thought of using the Wii controller to fling stormies about or control your lightsaber is making me excited. Yes. Very excited indeed.

That would be awesome indeed. I'd buy the console just for it. :v:
Wes Darklighter
|Theed|
2006-07-23, 3:54 PM #37
I doubt it's JK.

DF - Mercenary
DF:JK - Becomes powerful Jedi
DF:JKII - Loses powers, but then again becomes powerful Jedi

Hence jedi academy having you control a new character. Dark Forces is the story of Kyle Katarn... and there really isn't much left to do with him.
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2006-07-23, 3:58 PM #38
Originally posted by Goit:
I doubt it's JK.

DF - Mercenary
DF:JK - Becomes powerful Jedi
DF:JKII - Loses powers, but then again becomes powerful Jedi

Hence jedi academy having you control a new character. Dark Forces is the story of Kyle Katarn... and there really isn't much left to do with him.

To be fair, JK2 wasn't a Dark Forces title. There hasn't been a Dark Forces title since Jedi Knight.

It's within the realm of possibility that we *might* see a story line with Kyle as a main character, but he likely won't be the main player character. As you said, his storyline is pretty much done until there is some more development done around his part of the EU.

I'd like to see another Mara Jade title honestly. It'd just be really fun to play as her.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-07-23, 4:04 PM #39
looks fun, but if those are the powers they seem too over done. no challange, not much fun for more than 5 min but it could be really cool.

If it's a JK title than I'll buy it just because, and hopefuly it's good. JK is still the best but I liked Acadamy, They need a game thats JK like engine and KOTOR scope. pure gold. I hated KOTOR because the gameplay was crap. but I loved the world.
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-07-23, 4:05 PM #40
I won't be interested until I see official in game content. That's just far too CG/Scripted for my fancy. EVEN if it isn't CG, it's obviously scripted, and if both are untrue and it's the game, we don't know that yet. Instead of getting my hopes up, I'll wait until I see more.

Not to mention, JA LOOKED really cool, but once you sat down and played it, it wasn't at all what it seemed. JK, however, looked silly and blocky in comparison to the other 3d games of it's generation, but played amazingly well.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ

↑ Up to the top!