Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Spy Vs. Spy
Spy Vs. Spy
2006-10-24, 10:04 PM #41
A friend recently got me Twin Snakes for Gamecube and I'm hooked. I love that game.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-10-24, 10:44 PM #42
I've encountered some kind of cave demon!
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-10-25, 3:03 AM #43
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
I played MGS3 up to the point where you fight the old *** sniper dude (What was he? I can't ****ing remember his name) and then had to return it.

Should I play MGS1 on the PS1 original, or if I can get my hands on it, MGS: The Twin Snakes for GCN?

He was called The End.

TTS wasn't anywhere near as bad as most people made it out to be, in my opinion. The biggest complaint seemed to be the over-the-top action scenes, but I thought they were pretty cool. As a person who played the original MGS to death, I thought it was great seeing a new take on the game. I sort of agree on Yoshi's point on voice acting, but I personally think they only ruined Naomi's and Mei Ling's voices by taking away their accents. It was also much easier than the original, mostly due to the game mechanics they implemented from MGS2 (stalking, lockers, hanging, first person aim...)
2006-10-25, 3:07 AM #44
[QUOTE=Michael MacFarlane]I've encountered some kind of cave demon![/QUOTE]

Crab....Battle...!!!
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-10-25, 5:47 AM #45
Originally posted by genk:
Xiii

>.>

Hell yes.

So get the original MGS over TTS because the action scenes aren't "Over the top" and it's...harder?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-10-25, 5:53 AM #46
Honestly, I'd just get TTS. It's just as much fun and it'll be a lot easier to track down.
2006-10-25, 6:00 AM #47
I vote other.
2006-10-25, 6:29 AM #48
Originally posted by LividDK27:
Honestly, I'd just get TTS. It's just as much fun and it'll be a lot easier to track down.
I'd say if you really want the best of MGS, go buy Splinter Cell.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-10-25, 8:06 AM #49
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
Hell yes.

So get the original MGS over TTS because the action scenes aren't "Over the top" and it's...harder?

I'd say get the original because the atmosphere in it is much more awesome. I think it was more fun too.
D E A T H
2006-10-25, 3:34 PM #50
I absolutely loved TTS' over the top action scenes, and the voice acting seemed fine to me (except for the missing accents).
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-10-25, 5:09 PM #51
Quote:
Twin Snakes had horrible voice acting and worse atmosphere comparably, plus, it was way too ****in easy.

Don't listen to this person. Twin Snakes is amazing. It's just as good as MGS for PS1. The voice acting is fine, the atmosphere is fine and the game is just as hard as it always was.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-10-25, 5:41 PM #52
Snake is so much more epic and badass. He's quite nearly the ultimate soldier.
2006-10-25, 6:13 PM #53
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]Don't listen to this person. Twin Snakes is amazing. It's just as good as MGS for PS1. The voice acting is fine, the atmosphere is fine and the game is just as hard as it always was.[/QUOTE]
Everyone...except the Nintendo fanboy...says the voice acting for Twin Snakes was much worse. To me, that's an important immersion element, especially with the excellent cast that MGS1 for the PS1 had. You really just can NOT beat the original, even if you add a bunch of gameplay elements (which made the second one too easy).

Get the original. Man, I need to get the original again and play it through.
D E A T H
2006-10-25, 6:30 PM #54
OK..um..what the ****, over $100 NEW for this game?

And will I be driven insane by some of the parts, such as the Psycho Mantis bit I keep hearing about with the second controller, or some other part with a code on the box or somesuch?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-10-25, 7:51 PM #55
Some of it's pretty crazy. I'd say the best part was either with Gray Fox or Sniper Wolf. But I'm not gonna spoil any of it for you.
D E A T H
2006-10-25, 8:13 PM #56
I'm guessing no matter what, do NOT looking for a guide on gamefaqs.com?

And looksl ike I'm waiting until January or February, Christmas break at the earliest. I'll probably be getting SC4 for my birthday, late November, and hopefully in late December I'll be dying out of my WoW craze and be able to get out of that. I just don't want to buy two games around the same time.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-10-25, 8:21 PM #57
The best part in twin snakes is watching the cyborg ninja.

Every single scene with him in it is amazingly awesome.

Especially when you see him in that hallway slaying all those soldiers.
2006-10-25, 9:00 PM #58
Originally posted by Rob:
The best part in twin snakes is watching the cyborg ninja.

Every single scene with him in it is amazingly awesome.

Especially when you see him in that hallway slaying all those soldiers.

You mean in MGS period. :p
D E A T H
2006-10-25, 9:38 PM #59
I guess Snake gets pretty close to Sam, but Sam wins because he's freaking sarcastic.

Oh, and TTS just took an excellent game and made it worse.
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF
2006-10-25, 9:44 PM #60
Originally posted by Zojombize:
I guess Snake gets pretty close to Sam, but Sam wins because he's freaking sarcastic.

Oh, and TTS just took an excellent game and made it worse.

Snake ISN'T sarcastic? :P

And yeah, thank you Zojo. I was afraid I was the only one who saw the light :p
D E A T H
2006-10-26, 12:20 AM #61
Oh come on you gotta be joking... Snake hands down... I can't believe you guys are a fan of a "spy" with three ****ing green lights on his head that everyone "fails" to see.
\(='_'=)/
2006-10-26, 3:42 AM #62
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Everyone...except the Nintendo fanboy...says the voice acting for Twin Snakes was much worse.[/QUOTE]

Interesting.

[QUOTE= Me]... the voice acting seemed fine to me (except for the missing accents).[/QUOTE]

I sort of agree on Yoshi's point on voice acting, but I personally think they only ruined Naomi's and Mei Ling's voices by taking away their accents.

Missing accents = much worse? I think not.

TTS is fine, and should be easier to get. Yes, the new features make it easier, but it was still fun very for me. The story's still great, and I love the new cinematics. They're awesome.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
2006-10-26, 3:52 AM #63
I just think Jennifer Hale had a sexy British accent, ok? :P
2006-10-26, 3:54 AM #64
Originally posted by silent_killa:
Oh come on you gotta be joking... Snake hands down... I can't believe you guys are a fan of a "spy" with three ****ing green lights on his head that everyone "fails" to see.
First, he's not a spy, he's a ninja. 2nd, the lights aren't actually there. They're there in the videogame so you can see your character in the dark. (And it looks freaking cool)

And how did this thread turn into a discussion of Metal Gear when Snake is obviously inferior?
Ban Jin!
2006-10-26, 5:29 AM #65
The fact that I beat MGS2, and never played MGS or beat MGS 3
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-10-26, 7:48 AM #66
Originally posted by silent_killa:

THANK YOU.

Originally posted by SMOCK!:
First, he's not a spy, he's a ninja. 2nd, the lights aren't actually there. They're there in the videogame so you can see your character in the dark. (And it looks freaking cool)

And how did this thread turn into a discussion of Metal Gear when Snake is obviously inferior?

Actually, they would be there. And it turned into a discussion of MGS because Snake is obviously superior.

And like I said, Sam's about as ninja as the Ninja Turtles.

[QUOTE=Chaz Ghostle]Missing accents = much worse? I think not.

TTS is fine, and should be easier to get. Yes, the new features make it easier, but it was still fun very for me. The story's still great, and I love the new cinematics. They're awesome.[/QUOTE]
I think so.

Get the original.

I just think Jennifer Hale had a sexy British accent, ok? :P

She did, and Mei Ling's voice was hawt too.
D E A T H
2006-10-26, 7:59 AM #67
Hey Yoshi, remember when I explained both how Sam Fisher's night vision goggles aren't actually visible and how Sam is quite like a real ninja? That was fun.
Ban Jin!
2006-10-26, 8:04 AM #68
Hey Yoshi, remember when I explained both how Sam Fisher's night vision goggles aren't actually visible and how Sam is quite like a real ninja? That was fun.

Remember how you didn't explain it but instead said it and then I said they were visible? That was fun too.

Wanna know why? Neither of us has proof to back up our claims, so both claims hold just as much water.
D E A T H
2006-10-26, 8:20 AM #69
Your claim holds less water than mine.

Your claim is smaller than my claim.
Ban Jin!
2006-10-26, 2:22 PM #70
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]... And it turned into a discussion of MGS because Snake is obviously superior.[/QUOTE]

This we can agree on. Screw Fisher.
2006-10-26, 3:14 PM #71
[quote=Dj Yoshi]Wanna know why? Neither of us has proof to back up our claims, so both claims hold just as much water.[/quote]

FrankTheMonkey sais:

"Finally, Fishers goggles… The green, three-lensed goggles have become one of the trademarks of the Splinter Cell series. While fans of the series regularly point out that they would give Fisher's position away, it was revealed in the real Sam Fisher blog (Fisher's ironically fictional blog) that the goggles did not actually glow, and were simply portrayed that way onscreen to provide visual interest and the location of the character in the dark. This is proven in the first multiplayer outing of Pandora Tommorow where ARGUS mercenaries viewing SHADOWNET devices similar to Fisher's will not notice any illumination. If the player were to look at Sam's reflection in mirrors or reflective surfaces during single player mode in Chaos Theory, he or she would notice that the glowing of all aforementioned gear is nonexistant. Fisher's glowing goggles, radio, and OPSAT merely show the current location of his head, body, and arms respectively in the darkness for the benefit of the player."
幻術
2006-10-27, 10:08 AM #72
Thank you for not being as lazy as me and finding that.
Ban Jin!
2006-10-27, 5:51 PM #73
Solid Snake is literally a one man army. I mean consider this, he took on the following:
A gunslinger who can hit people from walls by ricochetting his shots.
A M1 Abrams tank.
A cyborg ninja equipped with stealth camouflague and above average strenth.
A man armed with psychokinesis and telepathy.
A sniper who can lay for days and weeks without ever straying from her target.
A Hind D helicopter pilotted by someone who shot down two harriers using it.
A shaman who wields a M61 Vulcan cannon
A nuclear walking tank armed to the teeth with machine guns, a laser, and a bunch of missiles.

Despite being put against the odds, he has emerged victorious from all of that. Those are only his accomplishments from Metal Gear Solid. He has way more from Metal Gear, Metal Gear 1, Metal Gear Solid 2, and the upcoming Metal Gear Solid 4.
2006-10-27, 6:06 PM #74
47 or Sam Fisher. Probably Fisher, but 47 has his moments.

Snake is a poser.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-10-27, 6:57 PM #75
Originally posted by Emon:
47 or Sam Fisher. Probably Fisher, but 47 has his moments.

Snake is a poser.

Snake's a poser? That's why he came first right? :p
D E A T H
2006-10-28, 12:54 AM #76
Snake is an FPS hero posing as a spy. Real spies don't fight heavily armed bad guys, they sneak around them.
Ban Jin!
2006-10-28, 8:51 AM #77
Snake is an FPS hero posing as a spy. Real spies don't fight heavily armed bad guys, they sneak around them.

Either that or he is just so badass he can either fight them OR go around them.

Ever think about that one, pansyboy?
D E A T H
2006-10-28, 8:55 AM #78
Still a poser.
Ban Jin!
2006-10-28, 9:03 AM #79
He came first, he can't be a poser. A poser is someone who copies others in a lame-*** way. He was THE original.

If anything, Sam's a poser. 47's just a hitman, at least, so he can't be considered a poser really.
D E A T H
2006-10-28, 9:05 AM #80
But Sam isn't trying to be Snake, he's trying to be a bad-*** ninja and he succeeds in a major way.
Ban Jin!

↑ Up to the top!