Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The meat industry
The meat industry
2007-04-11, 8:31 PM #1
http://www.meat.org/index-1.asp?c=MYMblogaddru0307

I think I am seriously going to consider becoming a vegetarian, this is absolutely horrific. Maybe this is nothing new for some of you, but I really can't believe how cruel human beings can be... I had heard of this before but this is the first time I have seen something like this.

The video is pretty graphic in parts, you've been warned.
2007-04-11, 8:33 PM #2
Oh well?

I mean have you seen them harvest plants. Thats pretty ****ing barbaric if you think about it too.

To maintain life, you must consume life. So get over it.
2007-04-11, 8:34 PM #3
I know, but do we have to be so cruel?

By the way, I don't really take your post seriously, I mean come on, your Rob, what should I expect :rolleyes:
2007-04-11, 8:35 PM #4
I'm vegetarian, but I can't figure out why anymore. I just havent had meat in so long that it just isn't very appetizing. But I don't give a crap about the animals anymore.

o.0
2007-04-11, 8:35 PM #5
If you think thats ****ed up, maybe we should just take a group of cows out into the wild, let them free, and video record what happens. It won't be any prettier.
2007-04-11, 8:49 PM #6
Actually, they would more than likely have it better, and a more timely death more than likely. Where I live we have a decent bit of cows around and a lot of fields; they don't exactly have a lack of food if they get out of the fence. Their biggest problem, cows that get out and are still fenced, is the coyotes that wander around here every once in a while. The way they hunt takes them out pretty quick, though. They all attack one and kill it before it really knows what happened.
2007-04-11, 8:51 PM #7
Originally posted by finity5:
By the way, I don't really take your post seriously, I mean come on, your Rob, what should I expect :rolleyes:

because he made a point without pandering to your ego?

Seriously, meat tastes nice and they're gonna die anyway, **** em... gimmie my damn burger.

as a great man once said.

"if you chew long enough, you can taste the cows soul"
2007-04-11, 8:57 PM #8
I've nothing wrong with eating meat, and there is no reason the meat industry can't do this at least somewhat ethically. Oh wait, that costs more money. If it weren't such a disgusting part of this corporate ****-machine, I would eat at McDonald's everyday.
2007-04-11, 9:00 PM #9
Knew it, just knew it, PETA was behind this.

Flinty, these men who slaughter those animals have been probably doing it for years because it's their main way of making money. I bet you wouldn't like being kept on having to kill animals, but what do you think of the working class of people who actually have to go through that **** and slaughter animals because no one else wants to? What if they have many bad days and take out on these animals that we eat each day to live and survive?
So is it "right" for people to throw your bucket of chicken down on the floor just because of one video tape that shows the cruelty of animals? No. What about the poor people who can't afford to buy other foods and these beat up chicken's are the only source?

Oh yeah, we can totally treat each animal like them Kobe cows <fattening them, giving them beer, massaging them, then killing them, massaging them while killing them, and gut them> , but wouldn't the price of meat products get insanely high?

Unless there is scientific proof that abused chickens and animals releases a chemical into that will ruin mankind, abused chicken is still food.
[Edit] I also would like the exact number of facilities that do this because the term "a lot" just doesn't do it for me.

Trust me, the poor kids and adults in Africa will more than happy to take all of you abused chicken, because food is food.
Back again
2007-04-11, 9:01 PM #10
Originally posted by Joseph T:
Actually, they would more than likely have it better, and a more timely death more than likely.

SOME animals do that SOME of the time.

Watch stuff get killed on the discovery channel. It isn't pretty. It isn't nice looking. It doesn't look very comfortable. And it really isn't as quick as you think it is.
2007-04-11, 9:03 PM #11
I only eat meat when there is absolutely no other vegetarian option :colbert:

2007-04-11, 9:04 PM #12
If it weren't such a disgusting part of this corporate ****-machine, I would eat at McDonald's everyday.

Whoa whoa there! I'm pretty sure those "Grade A" meats came from beat up cows or chickens.
Back again
2007-04-11, 9:07 PM #13
Hahaha. That sucks. For them.
Warhead[97]
2007-04-11, 9:08 PM #14
I'm pretty sure the same people who made this video can video tape the ugly side of you making you seem like a horrible person.

I've seen those videos explaining the good side of these meat companies too you know. The ones you watch when your in elementary school.
Back again
2007-04-11, 9:09 PM #15
Thats called BIAS..

It's easy to do for everything.
2007-04-11, 9:10 PM #16
Yeah, like that video.
Back again
2007-04-11, 9:11 PM #17
I never had to watch videos of slaughterhouses in elementary school. Thats kinda stupid. At any rate, if I were to eat meat again, I would only eat organic/freerange stuff, because the hormones and crap they feed those things scares me.

o.0
2007-04-11, 9:12 PM #18
So if hunting animals for food is cruel, and this is cruel, how are we supposed to eat animals? Magic?
Warhead[97]
2007-04-11, 9:12 PM #19
I ****ing love meat.

**** that ****, I want steak.
D E A T H
2007-04-11, 9:13 PM #20
It'd suck to be a cow. BTW, I LOL'ed at the dude smacking the pig against the floor. I guess that makes me... SOME KIND OF MONSTER. :P The only thing that I found kind of disturbing in this vid, though, is that they said they certify the meat even if the cow's diseased. Strange.
幻術
2007-04-11, 9:13 PM #21
LoL Dinosaur talk.
Back again
2007-04-11, 9:17 PM #22
Originally posted by Rob:
Oh well?

I mean have you seen them harvest plants. Thats pretty ****ing barbaric if you think about it too.

To maintain life, you must consume life. So get over it.

This man is a jeenyus
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2007-04-11, 9:24 PM #23
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
I ****ing love meat.

**** that ****, I want steak.

Werd Gee
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2007-04-11, 9:33 PM #24
The stupidest thing is when the guy narrates that cows that can't walk off the truck are still slaughtered for consumption.

WELL WTF ELSE ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THE COWS? Put a bullet in their head and bury them?

I mean, yeah, it sucks that the animals have to suffer, but that's just the way things go to feed billions of people. They could be more careful to make sure the animals are slaughtered more humanely, but it would cut into profits.

The other issue is food density. The animals are packed in tightly so they'll all fit in the amount of space the farmers have. You can fit a lot of food into a chicken shed, a lot more than the crops that could be grown in that equivalent land area.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2007-04-11, 9:37 PM #25
Guess it's a good thing meat is nasty, then. I'll only eat meat if it's fish or if it's offered to me by someone. Otherwise, I don't see the point.

The movie is just propaganda and should be recognized as such. What did you expect, really?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-04-11, 9:44 PM #26
humans are great

animals suck

chop them up

yum yum yum
2007-04-11, 9:47 PM #27
Is that Alec Baldwin?
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2007-04-11, 10:33 PM #28
[http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/bigpot6.jpg]
2007-04-11, 10:54 PM #29
Originally posted by Aglar:
[http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/bigpot6.jpg]

Yes, except more like 30 for me.
D E A T H
2007-04-11, 10:56 PM #30
If you want to become a vegetarian, then do it. I am, for a combination of health and moral reasons.

(insert health/increased energy/decreased fat intake reasons here, I don't really feel like going into them now. If you want me to, let me know, and I will)

My moral reasons lean more towards the waste associated with eating meat. A pivotal moment for me was when I looked in a trashcan at McDonalds, and all I saw was half-eaten hamburgers. So an animal is killed, <stuff happens>, and then sent to McDonalds as hamburgers. Someone orders said hamburger, eats half of it, decides they're "finished" and then they throw the rest away.

Such a waste.

I guess it's my way of trying to counterbalance the waste most people produce. I realize that whether or not I eat a hambuger won't prevent that cow from dying, but perhaps it'll reduce demand somewhat so they'll order one less, etc. I fully understand that whether or not I eat meat will have essentially no effect on a global scale, but I am a firm believer in the theory that if everyone did what they thought was right (voted for who they wanted to, instead of just one of the two main party's candidates), instead of comprimising their beliefs to do what is more likely to be a popular move, the world would be a much better place.

So in conclusion, stand up for and do what you think is right, inspire others to do the same, and eventually it could snowball into the right thing happening, instead of just the easiest thing happening. If you think the right thing to do is becoming a vegetarian, then do so.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-04-11, 11:08 PM #31
I've always been told being vegetarian is horrible for your health. Its been so long for me that I don't really remember my energy levels before.

o.0
2007-04-11, 11:51 PM #32
The average "I'm a vegetarian because lambs are cuuute!" idiot probably doesn't follow a good vegetarian diet, but it's certainly possible.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-04-12, 12:02 AM #33
Being a vegetarian, on average, is absolutely horrible for your health. Most people do not know how to go about it.

And, this didn't change me from eating meat (though I almost never eat mcdonalds for quite a few reasons. Only the fries, really), McDonalds is FAMOUS for their animal cruelty. They raise cattle in the amazon (clear entire forests just for the cattle) and then send them to chop shops down there. You think the ones up here are bad...

Still am gonna eat as much meat as possible. I literally went 3 days without meat recently and felt like I was missing something pivotal. Ate 5 bratwurst today, my first day of having meat, and oh my christ did that feel awesome.
D E A T H
2007-04-12, 12:12 AM #34
i eat meat... i've even been known to hunt (deer is delicious)

eating meat is natural...
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2007-04-12, 12:16 AM #35
Originally posted by happydud:
If you want to become a vegetarian, then do it. I am, for a combination of health and moral reasons.

(insert health/increased energy/decreased fat intake reasons here, I don't really feel like going into them now. If you want me to, let me know, and I will)

My moral reasons lean more towards the waste associated with eating meat. A pivotal moment for me was when I looked in a trashcan at McDonalds, and all I saw was half-eaten hamburgers. So an animal is killed, <stuff happens>, and then sent to McDonalds as hamburgers. Someone orders said hamburger, eats half of it, decides they're "finished" and then they throw the rest away.

Such a waste.

This farmer spends all his days in his orchard, growing apples. And well, so I look in the traskcan one day and I see a half eaten apple. So an apple is wasted. Those seeds could have been used for another tree. Someone bought that apple, decided they were finished when it was half eaten, and then they threw the rest away.

Such a waste.
2007-04-12, 12:24 AM #36
I think I am seriously going to consider becoming a vegetarian, this is absolutely horrific.

:neckbeard:

More meat for me!
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-04-12, 8:41 PM #37
I'm curious if there's anyone else out there that only likes fish. And does fish 1-3 times per week give the proper nutrients for a balanced diet? I'm not dead, so I'm guessing it's okay. ;)
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-04-12, 8:45 PM #38
Deer sausage is awesome.
Warhead[97]
2007-04-12, 8:47 PM #39
I know, but do we have to be so cruel?

I agree with Rob, if that says anything.

And Free, fish is one of the better proteins for you, and fish oil is wonderful for your skin and joints. Probably supplementing it with chicken would help for variety for your digestive system, but fish is really, really good for you. I can't remember if it's just shellfish, or all fish, but eating it too much can actually trigger allergies to it.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-04-12, 8:50 PM #40
Fish is great, plus you get 500% of your recommended daily intake of mercury and cadmium!

Yummy.

(I like fish)

(and other types of meat)
Stuff

↑ Up to the top!