Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The meat industry
The meat industry
2007-04-15, 9:28 PM #81
Originally posted by Acharjay:
Don't you feel anything for these poor ****ing animals being strung upside down with their throats slit?

Nope.
Warhead[97]
2007-04-16, 2:45 AM #82
Originally posted by Isuwen:
I'm trying to understand why you emphasize with animals more than you do with hungry people. Are you, perhaps, some sort of furry?

No, I guess I just have a lot more respect for animals than other people do.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a vegetarian. But when somebody brings up animal cruelty it disgusts me to see people being funny about it. That just doesn't sit well with me.

But it looks like I'm one of the few people around here who feels bad when they see animals being treated like that.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2007-04-16, 4:35 AM #83
Why should we feel bad? They're animals.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-04-16, 4:45 AM #84
No, I guess I just have a lot more respect for animals than other people do.
:v:

I don't want the animals to suffer any more than you do, but unlike you I'm realistic. You need to fix the political and economic environment that cultivates animal cruelty in order to stop animal cruelty.

If you want to correct the problem you should write your local government representatives and tell them how factory farm conditions are inhumane and a public health risk. You should also avoid food products made by large companies, dairy products as a whole, and purchase meat directly from family farms.

Incidentally, vegans and vegetarians are stupid cowards. They pretend they care about the animals, but who do they think farms all of those sweet delicious soy beans that keep them from having strokes? Yeah, the same people who were whipping pigs in that video. But it's sure a whole lot more convenient to choose SlaughterCo(tm)-brand Tofu Butter and be a pretentious phony than it is to spend any effort on a worthwhile cause, rite? Welcome to reason #1 why vegetarians don't get (and don't deserve) any respect.
2007-04-16, 5:03 AM #85
My mental ex-girlfriend was a vegetarian (and a crushing bore to boot) but she still wore leather shoes. She also would whine at me for wearing my leather jacket. Bint.

Also Izzy == rock (because we all like meat and beer).

That said, I'm planning to cut down on red meat and replace with fish - which I have just discovered recently is TEH TASTY and very quick and easy to cook.
2007-04-16, 5:16 AM #86
You just recently tried fish? WTF is wrong with you!

Fish > any red meat. (other then moose, which is equal with fish IMO)
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2007-04-16, 6:59 AM #87
Jon: Is that all meant to be directed at me? Did you read my post?

I'm not a vegetarian

And hey, I like this part:

Originally posted by Jon`C:
unlike you I'm realistic.

You're putting words in my mouth. I never said I think the industry could/should change.
Animal cruelty pushes my buttons, but I still eat meat. Of course I do, I'm realistic - it's a necessary evil.
My problem is with people who just don't seem to give a damn. But you guys are right. Why should they?
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2007-04-16, 7:17 AM #88
Exactly. Why should we? Now, obviously, if someone would've done that to my dog or cat I'd be pretty upset, but these are farm animals here. Bred for only one purpose - CONSUMPTION. If we wouldn't have needed them, they probably wouldn't have even been born at all. Other than that, while it might be cruel (although somewhat comical) to kill a pig by repeatedly smashing it against the floor, it's gonna be killed one way or another anyway. After all, its just that - a pig. :hist101: :hist101: :hist101:
幻術
2007-04-16, 7:18 AM #89
Originally posted by Sol:
You just recently tried fish? WTF is wrong with you!

Fish > any red meat. (other then moose, which is equal with fish IMO)

No, but recently discovered it's awesomeness. Before I thought it was for vegetarians and christians. :P
2007-04-16, 7:20 AM #90
I used to like fish, but for some reason its taste switched from bliss to piss. >=(
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-04-16, 8:25 AM #91
Every fish I've tried apart from Tuna and Swordfish has been nasty.
nope.
2007-04-16, 8:53 AM #92
Originally posted by Sol:
Fish > any red meat. (other then moose...)

Hmmm... I should try that.

I think movies/stories such as Babe, Gordy, and Charlotte's Web have also given the American public the false idea that pigs and farm animals have "feelings" and that slaughtering them is like slaughtering little toddlers with cute curly tails.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2007-04-16, 9:11 AM #93
The little Mermaid.
Shark Tale.
Finding Nemo.
Help I'm a fish.

When you eat fish you're eating small crippled children.
nope.
2007-04-16, 9:16 AM #94
Originally posted by Whelly:

Its a VERY lean meat, with almost no fat at all. Plus when you bag a moose, you're set with meat for a nice while. Beats beef any day.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2007-04-16, 9:32 AM #95
Originally posted by Whelly:

I think movies/stories such as Babe, Gordy, and Charlotte's Web have also given the American public the false idea that pigs and farm animals have "feelings" and that slaughtering them is like slaughtering little toddlers with cute curly tails.

I guess you wouldn't mind if I slaughtered your dog then since pigs are smarter than dogs...
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-04-16, 10:46 AM #96
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I guess you wouldn't mind if I slaughtered your dog then since pigs are smarter than dogs...

Intelligence does not denote feelings.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-16, 12:01 PM #97
I honestly have no problem with vegetarians. I know many who are reasonable and intelligent people. I've even given serious consideration to becoming one myself, though I never quite make the commitment. The saddest part is that one of the reasons I haven't is that I worry about people hating me for it. I do generally minimize my meat consumption, except when I'm with the family, in which case I eat what everyone else eats (a fair amount of fast food). I probably don't pay enough attention to where my food comes from, but then again, I don't believe in giving my immune system a free ride. Sometimes I eat stuff off the floor.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2007-04-16, 2:49 PM #98
It's the vegetarians who shove it down other people's throats that no one likes. If you just stop eating meat, no one is going to care.
Pissed Off?
2007-04-16, 3:47 PM #99
Originally posted by Anovis:
Clint Eastwood is good. And he's a vegetarian badass.

REALLY!?!?!?!? That's AWESOME! I didn't know that. This is great fuel against the "vegetarians are pansys" arsenal.

I kinda want to be like Clint Eastwood when I grow up.... now I'm one step closer.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-04-16, 4:15 PM #100
Originally posted by Avenger:
It's the vegetarians who shove it down other people's throats that no one likes. If you just stop eating meat, no one is going to care.

We don't have much of a choice when people say

Quote:
I'm going to eat three animals
or

Quote:
I ****ing love meat.

**** that ****, I want steak.

even

Quote:
humans are great

animals suck

chop them up

yum yum yum

Oh, can't forget the

Quote:
Being a vegetarian, on average, is absolutely horrible for your health.

It'd be like saying soccer sucks and you therefor suck for playing it.
2007-04-16, 4:27 PM #101
And your replies make us want meat even more.

I think I'm going to go eat some beef right now.

PS--being a vegeterian IS on average horrible for your help. But thanks for taking it out of context when I said, right after that, that you CAN do it in a healthy manner.
D E A T H
2007-04-16, 4:44 PM #102
A girl I know is a vegeterian. She said it is incredibly hard to maintain a decent protien intake. Same goes for Iron.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-16, 4:45 PM #103
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:

I think I'm going to go eat some beef right now.

PS--being a vegeterian IS on average horrible for your help. But thanks for taking it out of context when I said, right after that, that you CAN do it in a healthy manner.

All apologies, I didn't read the rest of your post.
2007-04-16, 4:46 PM #104
That was SO mature, Anovis.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-16, 4:46 PM #105
Quote:

So true... In fact, I am eating a Deer right now and eating a steak sometime within the next three hours.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2007-04-16, 4:51 PM #106
The amount of idiocy that is present within this thread really makes me question whether or not 90% of the posters within said thread are mentally retarded. It's a shame that such threads are plagued with idiocy, because there are actually 2-3 people that are worth debating with, but when I come to a thread that is already 3 pages long, I don't really see any benefit in wasting what little time that I have trying to sift through this steaming pile of nonsense to respond to said people. That's about all I have to say about the subject. Good day, and have fun wallowing in your ignorance.
2007-04-16, 4:54 PM #107
Originally posted by MentatMM:
The amount of idiocy that is present within this thread really makes me question whether or not 90% of the posters within said thread are mentally retarded. It's a shame that such threads are plagued with idiocy, because there are actually 2-3 people that are worth debating with, but when I come to a thread that is already 3 pages long, I don't really see any benefit in wasting what little time that I have trying to sift through this steaming pile of nonsense to respond to said people. That's about all I have to say about the subject. Good day, and have fun wallowing in your ignorance.

The funniest part--he takes it all seriously.

Honestly, I've debated with vegans and vegetarians until my face turned blue, and it does no good. People believe what they believe, and nothing you say can change that fact. If you like meat, you like meat--if you are a vegetarian, you're a vegetarian. You can present your case, but at the end of the day it's up to the person to decide what they think about the matter.

And honestly, yeah, slaughterhouses are brutal and horrible. But I could still care less, I still like, no LOVE meat. And I still will not succumb to your bleeding heart viewpoint.
D E A T H
2007-04-16, 5:03 PM #108
Originally posted by MentatMM:
Honk honk. Beep beep.

2007-04-16, 5:14 PM #109
Originally posted by Antony:
That was SO mature, Anovis.

Thank you! I know it takes a lot of bravery and humiliation to tell people this.
2007-04-16, 6:34 PM #110
Why the hell does it even matter? Meateaters, more vegetarians means more meat for you, so why do you care? Most vegetarians I've met don't give a flying crap what other people eat. Hell, my girlfriend eats meat all the time, its not a big deal. Its just food. Food that happens to come from things that bleed when you chop them up, which some people don't particularly feel like chomping upon.

o.0
2007-04-16, 6:37 PM #111
I kind of have to agree with MentatMM on this one, even though I'm going to continue debating. There's a time for joking responses, but all the time isn't necessarily that time. Some people are trying to have a serious debate/thread here.

Anthony- "A girl I know is a vegeterian. She said it is incredibly hard to maintain a decent protien intake. Same goes for Iron." Then she's - no offense - kinda dumb. Sure, it's a little bit harder, that's what happens when you make sacrifices. Life gets a bit harder. But it certainly doesn't even approach HARD. An hour of research on the internet will provide you with PLENTY of readily available foods that will supply all the nutrition you'll ever need. People who "worry that they're not getting enough protein" are 9/10 times absolutely fine. If they're not, then they need to do some research, and figure out how to fix it. It isn't anywhere close to hard.

Avenger - "It's the vegetarians who shove it down other people's throats that no one likes. If you just stop eating meat, no one is going to care." I agree. Except no one here is shoving anything down anyone elses throat (except maybe the omnivores who are proclaiming that animals are tasty therefore they should be eat...ed). But what you said goes for anyone who is militant. Be it protestors, vegetarians, meat eaters, homosexuals, heterosexuals, or mac vs PC debates. A debate is one thing, throat-shoving is another.

DJ Yoshi - That's what debating is all about. Discussing until your face turns blue. Some people won't change their beliefs, and in a way, this is a good thing. If they have a good reason for taking a stand for what they believe in, more power to them. If they're easily swayed, then they're kind of weak. However, I've converted a couple people to vegetarianism by peaceful, calm debates and discussions. I wasn't yelling at them, I was just explaining my point of view, and moved them.
That's the nature of debate, but you can't get frustrated and angry when someone doesn't "listen to you" and go from vegetarian to non-vegetarian. We're trying to sway you, too, but we don't get angry and frustated and sarcastic when you don't accept our beliefs.
Also: "PS--being a vegeterian IS on average horrible for your help." Sources. Give me a non-biased source that says being a vegetarian is ON AVERAGE horrible for your health. It is true that it CAN be, just like eating meat CAN be unhealthy. But if you're going to use words like "on average," I demand sources.

Jon'C - "Incidentally, vegans and vegetarians are stupid cowards. They pretend they care about the animals, but who do they think farms all of those sweet delicious soy beans that keep them from having strokes?"

I fail to see how that's relevent. Zeroeth, I fail to see how that makes us cowards. First, vegetarians are making a stand for their belief, and they lower the demand for meat. If demand for meat is lowered, while the demand for mock-meats goes up, its going to tell the farmers something. First - I don't think it's too often that cattle-farmers are also plant-farmers (ALTHOUGH I AM SURE IT HAPPENS). Second- even if I buy a bocaburger instead of a hamburger, and the money ends up going to the same person, he got a check from BocaBurgerCo instead of MeatCo, so it's going to tell him that there's more of a demand for boca burgers.

The overall point I made on another forum having the same debate (except more civilized) is that (most) vegetarians aren't disallusioned into thinking that they alone can change the world. But if everyone did what they believed in, instead of just going with the status-quo, maybe we could make a difference. And if we didn't? At least we could make a stand, and tell the world that we are doing what we believe is right, instead of being hypocritical.

Just like the Spartans. They lost, they died, but they made a stand, and now there's a movie about them.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-04-16, 6:44 PM #112
...THIS IS VEGGIE!

Sorry.

o.0
2007-04-16, 6:45 PM #113
My post was in direct response to CarpKing's. He said he'd been considering a vegetarian diet but hasn't to this point because of what other people would think or say.
Pissed Off?
2007-04-16, 6:46 PM #114
Originally posted by happydud:
DJ Yoshi - That's what debating is all about. Discussing until your face turns blue. Some people won't change their beliefs, and in a way, this is a good thing. If they have a good reason for taking a stand for what they believe in, more power to them. If they're easily swayed, then they're kind of weak. However, I've converted a couple people to vegetarianism by peaceful, calm debates and discussions. I wasn't yelling at them, I was just explaining my point of view, and moved them.
That's the nature of debate, but you can't get frustrated and angry when someone doesn't "listen to you" and go from vegetarian to non-vegetarian. We're trying to sway you, too, but we don't get angry and frustated and sarcastic when you don't accept our beliefs.
Also: "PS--being a vegeterian IS on average horrible for your help." Sources. Give me a non-biased source that says being a vegetarian is ON AVERAGE horrible for your health. It is true that it CAN be, just like eating meat CAN be unhealthy. But if you're going to use words like "on average," I demand sources.

Well, when you eat meat you get iron, fat and protein daily without having to go out of your way to obtain it. When you're a vegetarian/vegan it's MUCH MUCH HARDER. I don't need to give you sources--go ask any nutritionist. The average vegetarian does so because "OMGSAVETHEWHALES" or some other bleeding heart bull****, and they don't think it through. True, you can also be unhealthy eating meat, but in a much different way. You get a lot of things eating meat that you don't eating salads--that's why humans were MADE to eat meat. Think about it.

And since you don't like reading posts, you guys ARE SHOVING IT DOWN OUR THROATS. I'm just returning the favor. This entire thread was an action towards that end. Some might call it trolling, maybe, but in the end, if you didn't make threads trying to sway me to vegetarianism over and over and over and over and over again, I wouldn't feel the need to tell you how much I ****ing love steak.

And I've tried telling vegetarians why they're wrong, they don't listen. You've managed to tell a couple people why you're a vegetarian and they listened and converted--and I'm fairly sure they showed an interest in the first part. It's like trying to sway people to stop smoking. They know the risks, the dangers, yet you still feel it's your OBLIGATION to tell them. Shut the **** up, nobody's listening. We know. We don't try to get you to start smoking, so why do you try to get us to quit?

It's a choice, and we make that choice.
D E A T H
2007-04-16, 6:55 PM #115
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Well, when you eat meat you get iron, fat and protein daily without having to go out of your way to obtain it. When you're a vegetarian/vegan it's MUCH MUCH HARDER. I don't need to give you sources--go ask any nutritionist. The average vegetarian does so because "OMGSAVETHEWHALES" or some other bleeding heart bull****, and they don't think it through. True, you can also be unhealthy eating meat, but in a much different way. You get a lot of things eating meat that you don't eating salads--that's why humans were MADE to eat meat. Think about it.

And since you don't like reading posts, you guys ARE SHOVING IT DOWN OUR THROATS. I'm just returning the favor. This entire thread was an action towards that end. Some might call it trolling, maybe, but in the end, if you didn't make threads trying to sway me to vegetarianism over and over and over and over and over again, I wouldn't feel the need to tell you how much I ****ing love steak.

And I've tried telling vegetarians why they're wrong, they don't listen. You've managed to tell a couple people why you're a vegetarian and they listened and converted--and I'm fairly sure they showed an interest in the first part. It's like trying to sway people to stop smoking. They know the risks, the dangers, yet you still feel it's your OBLIGATION to tell them. Shut the **** up, nobody's listening. We know. We don't try to get you to start smoking, so why do you try to get us to quit?

It's a choice, and we make that choice.

We live with the whole "It's harder to get iron and protein" thing, however,

[quote=Arnold Schwarzenegger]Kids nowadays...tend to go overboard on protein --- something I believe to be totally unnecsssary...I state in my formula for basic good eating: Eat about one gram of protein for every two pounds of body weight.[/quote]

We're alive and feeling fine without eating meat, healthy or not. I'm perfectly fine going out of my way for a few minutes every day to get any supplements I need to survive, however unnatural it might be.

The second thing about your retribution responses; you (not only you, but others) started it. I believe the whole first page is full of your "For ever animal you don't eat, I'll eat three" bull****, which we don't really care about. Fine with us, overindulge yourselves and become fat by eating three carcasses (as compaired to one).

You tell a vegetarian they're wrong, but have you looked at why you believe so? How does one know the rock is not right for standing in the middle of a river?

Point on which we agree: It's a choice, and nobody cares. Heh...obviously some people do. Otherwise I wouldn't see 3 pages of the scat the animals you eat crap out on it.

I contemplated a while on making this post, but I feel I have the right to bring whatever facts I see to light. I respect you Dj-Yoshi for pointing out, more than the others, that this is a choice and etc., however you (and others) complain about vegetarians "putting it down your throats" when you yourselves are forcing it down ours.
2007-04-16, 6:56 PM #116
:saddowns: people don't think the same things I do :saddowns:

o.0
2007-04-16, 7:00 PM #117
How so, Greenboy? Are you talking about how I like Boca burgers and you don't? :P
2007-04-16, 7:11 PM #118
Originally posted by Avenger:
My post was in direct response to CarpKing's. He said he'd been considering a vegetarian diet but hasn't to this point because of what other people would think or say.

Well, that's not entirely the reason. It's just the portion of the reason that I find to be the most unfortunate. I have had complete strangers take note of the fact that a meal I am eating contains no meat, and then look relieved when I assure them that I am not a vegetarian, because "those people are just stupid." Maybe that's just what I get for living in Nebraska.

The biggest reason I'm not a vegetarian is probably just the usual aversion to change, laziness, and apathy. Things may change when I start buying my own food (the dorms have vegetarian options, but they generally don't look very appetizing and seem to be declining in number).
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2007-04-16, 7:15 PM #119
How so, Greenboy? Are you talking about how I like Boca burgers and you don't? :P

I was poking fun at dj yoshi

o.0
2007-04-16, 7:31 PM #120
We live with the whole "It's harder to get iron and protein" thing, however,

We're alive and feeling fine without eating meat, healthy or not. I'm perfectly fine going out of my way for a few minutes every day to get any supplements I need to survive, however unnatural it might be.

And I get that. I know vegetarians who eat smart, trust me, I know it's possible and HAVE ACKNOWLEDGED THIS FACT. It seems that you equate being a vegetarian to being an omnivore, which is a bad analogy. Eating meat AND other products gives you a well-rounded wholesome diet, even usually when you're not even trying to eat healthy. Being a vegetarian automatically cuts out a lot of things you need to survive, so you have to compensate, and not a lot of vegetarians do. I support vegetarians--those who don't shove things down my throat (which I'll get to in a bit) and those who do it intelligently.

The second thing about your retribution responses; you (not only you, but others) started it. I believe the whole first page is full of your "For ever animal you don't eat, I'll eat three" bull****, which we don't really care about. Fine with us, overindulge yourselves and become fat by eating three carcasses (as compaired to one).

It was in response to this thread. Yeah, slaughterhouses are disgusting, but as I've said, I'm a human who loves meat. Oddly enough, we're in the majority. Meaning they're a necessary evil, and really, not too horribly evil. It could be a LOT worse.

You tell a vegetarian they're wrong, but have you looked at why you believe so? How does one know the rock is not right for standing in the middle of a river?

I don't say you're wrong, just that I don't agree, and you have no right to call me a sick and disgusting person because I don't. That's what the point of this thread was; "HOW CAN YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELVES WITH THESE THINGS AROUND!?"

Originally posted by Greenboy:
I was failing at poking fun at dj yoshi

Fixed
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!