Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → 4/20?
4/20?
2007-04-20, 2:39 PM #41
Originally posted by Glyde Bane:
How can I believe otherwise if all the information I get about it is like that, and all the experiences I've had with people who smoke weed are like that? Every single one of them that I've met is a total *******.

Is it possible you've met more people who have smoked weed than you think you have?
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-04-20, 2:42 PM #42
Anyone feel like watching The Big Lebowski today?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-04-20, 2:48 PM #43
Quote:
Is it possible you've met more people who have smoked weed than you think you have?

Yeah, seriously. I'm sure some people end up acting like the Dude but all of the pot smokers I know are completely normal.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-04-20, 2:49 PM #44
How can I believe otherwise if all the information I get about it is like that, and all the experiences I've had with people who smoke weed are like that? Every single one of them that I've met is a total *******.

Maybe they're *******s to begin with. Look up the words correlation and causation please.
Pissed Off?
2007-04-20, 2:53 PM #45
Quote:
But don't ****ing judge people who smoke pot.
I'll judge who I want, when I want. You keep your intoxication inside your house, and I don't have to know what you're up to. But if you drag your *** out into public all intoxicated and like whoa, I have every right to tell you how stupid you are.

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY HITLAR! :hist101: :hist101: :eng101: :hist101:
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-04-20, 2:57 PM #46
But of course, the chance of every single health lesson I've taken, every website I've been to, and the fact sheets that places like the Red Cross all being false is a lot better than I think. I should probably trust someone on massassi more than professionals who research the stuff.

Considering that the war on drugs was a bull**** war made to distract us from another bull**** war, yes, a lot of the information you've seen is either false or probably just worded in a manner that implies negative effects without actually stating them. Using correlation statistics is one popular thing to do to "prove" that marijuana has negative health effects.

I challenge you: find an article from a peer-reviewed medical journal, or an article that directly cites one, that shows these negative effects you're talking about.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-04-20, 3:01 PM #47
Originally posted by Isuwen:
I'll judge who I want, when I want. You keep your intoxication inside your house, and I don't have to know what you're up to. But if you drag your *** out into public all intoxicated and like whoa, I have every right to tell you how stupid you are.

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY HITLAR! :hist101: :hist101: :eng101: :hist101:

Your ignorance is alarming and scary.
Pissed Off?
2007-04-20, 3:08 PM #48
I'll judge who I want, when I want.

Hahaha, and then you wonder why so many Massassians have negative impressions of Christians.
2007-04-20, 3:08 PM #49
I'm sorry you get so hyped up over me calling your silly habits retarded. Over the internet. Lawl.

HEY.

Don't bite off of my argumentive bastardry style.

:(
2007-04-20, 4:39 PM #50
I punched a freezer.

Also, lol debate.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2007-04-20, 4:43 PM #51
I thought this sorta debate was against the rules?
Ah well carry on.
[Lol, Debate]
2007-04-20, 5:09 PM #52
I love the part in the OP where Bill said "so this thread is about being a whiney ***** over things you should really care less about."
2007-04-20, 5:48 PM #53
Quote:
Your ignorance is alarming and scary.

Your willingness to intoxicate yourself is alarming and scary.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-04-20, 6:31 PM #54
go ahead and mutilate yourselves. Just don't use my tax dollars to fix yourself back up
2007-04-20, 6:35 PM #55
Crazy Americans and their crazy drug culture.

It's crazy.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2007-04-20, 7:02 PM #56

I don't know whether to laugh at you or cry for you.
Pissed Off?
2007-04-20, 7:05 PM #57

Your lack of faith is disturbing.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-04-20, 7:08 PM #58

What, exactly, is so wrong with intoxication? The effects are well known, and in this case, not dangerous.

Do you drink at all, Isuwen? I thought you did, which is pretty alarming considering that THC is far less harmful than alcohol.

And for the record, I don't smoke marijuana.
2007-04-20, 7:50 PM #59
I drink socially, in small amounts. Not enough to affect my mental functions.

I don't understand why anyone would intoxicate themselves like that. Do you like losing control of yourself like that? Do you think you aren't responsible for your actions because you sucked on a joint? Don't you have anything better to do than just making yourself forget everything for the rest of the evening?

The effects are dangerous. Any time you intoxicate yourself, you are taking a risk.

You also can't excuse it by pointing to other kinds of intoxication. So what if Alcohol is more harmful? That doesn't make marijuana okay. That's like saying it's okay to stab someone because, hey, it's not as bad as shooting them!
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-04-20, 8:07 PM #60
You don't "lose control" or lose any memory whatsoever on small doses of cannabis. And as for taking responsibility for your actions, that's more the individual than the drug.

Oh ****, I totally need to take responsibility for that steak dinner I prepared/ate while stoned. Should I feel guilty about watching TV/movies or playing a video game when I'm stoned? Because that's mostly what I do.

At low doses, many people find relief from cannabis for lack of appetite, pain, nausea, and difficulty sleeping. Is this intoxication such a crime?
2007-04-20, 8:17 PM #61
I drink socially, in small amounts. Not enough to affect my mental functions.

I don't understand why anyone would intoxicate themselves like that. Do you like losing control of yourself like that? Do you think you aren't responsible for your actions because you sucked on a joint? Don't you have anything better to do than just making yourself forget everything for the rest of the evening?

The effects are dangerous. Any time you intoxicate yourself, you are taking a risk.

You also can't excuse it by pointing to other kinds of intoxication. So what if Alcohol is more harmful? That doesn't make marijuana okay. That's like saying it's okay to stab someone because, hey, it's not as bad as shooting them!

Not everyone who takes a toke smokes themselves stupid stupid just like not everyone who drinks gets **** faced drunk when the go out to the bar. Every post like this that you make only further demonstrates your ignorance on the topic at hand.
Pissed Off?
2007-04-20, 8:28 PM #62
Personally? I think it's dumb. I never got anything out of it

However, both sides of this argument are totally dumb.

YES. It's bad for you. NO not nearly as bad as you hear at school. However glorifying a substance as far as you guys have gone is pretty god damn H
URRRRRRRR.

I still don't say they should legalize it. You'd end up paying more, and they'd just stick more crap in it. If they do legalize it, there should be a legal limit just like there is for alcohol. I've driven high, I've seen people drive high. (My mother tokes all day and drives. It's scary)

I think it definately impairs your decision making and reaction times. Alcohol does too. OH WELL
2007-04-20, 9:20 PM #63
Do you like losing control of yourself like that? Do you think you aren't responsible for your actions because you sucked on a joint?

Marijuana doesn't impair your functions the same way alcohol does. When you smoke marijuana you are not ****ing empowered. Most of the time after smoking, people aren't going to go out driving. They won't care, because they'll be too busy enjoying being stoned. I mean sure, it happens, but not as much. I wouldn't say you're in more control, so much as it makes you so mellow that you don't feel the need to go out and do something stupid.

Don't you have anything better to do than just making yourself forget everything for the rest of the evening?

Most people don't smoke themselves stupid, just like most people don't drink themselves stupid. And in the cases where people do...so what?

The effects are dangerous.

Oh really? Prove it. I mean sure, there are short-term hazards if you smoke yourself stupid, but no one has ever died from a THC overdose.

That's like saying it's okay to stab someone because, hey, it's not as bad as shooting them!

That only works if shooting someone is socially and legally acceptable.
2007-04-20, 9:40 PM #64

You're a bigger moron than anyone you've ever known that has smoked weed based off of what you have said in thid thread.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-20, 11:21 PM #65
Sorry, but the effects on my brain is more than enough for me to warrant that it's stupid to smoke it. As a gamer, I like to be able to actually play games well, and as a human being, I enjoy being able to think properly.

But of course, the chance of every single health lesson I've taken, every website I've been to, and the fact sheets that places like the Red Cross all being false is a lot better than I think. I should probably trust someone on massassi more than professionals who research the stuff.

I game all the time--I bet you you couldn't beat me in CS:S if I was high. I'm probably better at WC3 too. You'd be surprised--getting high doesn't make you retarded 24/7, just for a few hours.

Originally posted by Connection Problem:
If you think it's unhealthy/lame/don't want to partake, FINE. But don't ****ing judge people who smoke pot. Not everyone is hopelessly addicted, not everyone who smokes is an *******, not everyone is a useless **** when they blaze. Not everyone smokes until they're comatose. Not everyone who smokes is an evil criminal (although I guess they are mostly criminals).

/rant

4.20 really means nothing to me, but I have some mids, a bit of Bubblegum, and some MK-Ultra(!!). I've got some studying to do for now but I'll probably have a nice sesh later or possibly play pool and have a few beers. Nothing special.

On a less serious note: Think you can beat me in CS when I'm intoxicated? :P

^basically what he said.

Oh, and Connection Problem--I bet you I could ;)
D E A T H
2007-04-20, 11:48 PM #66
I smoked a cigar with a buddy. Nothing Illegal. :ninja:

As for Marijuana:
I would agree that it's not as bad as most say, but you can't argue that it is has no negative effects. I really don't judge either way but wouldn't do it myself. I have quite an addictive personality.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2007-04-21, 12:05 AM #67
Haha. Most of the people you encounter in your day probably do it. Shut up about what you know.

People were smoking opium at the concert :-/
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-04-21, 12:21 AM #68
[Edit: LOL]
Think while it's still legal.
2007-04-21, 12:36 AM #69
Half my friends forget that my birthday is on April 20th because they're too ****ing stoned to give a **** on 4-20.
2007-04-21, 12:49 AM #70
No Mary Jane for me, but I did go out, played some pool, and had a few beers. Then I came home and watched Dazed and Confused, a great stoner movie and one of the best movies about absolutely nothing. The movie has no plot, and it's great.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2007-04-21, 12:53 AM #71
Couldn't celebrate :gbk: :( .(
:master::master::master:
2007-04-21, 2:42 AM #72
Originally posted by Ric_Olie:
No Mary Jane for me, but I did go out, played some pool, and had a few beers. Then I came home and watched Dazed and Confused, a great stoner movie and one of the best movies about absolutely nothing. The movie has no plot, and it's great.

Yeah because Dazed and Confused isn't a social commentary or anything....
>>untie shoes
2007-04-21, 2:49 AM #73
Does it matter? It's still a great movie.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2007-04-21, 2:51 AM #74
Yeah it is a great movie.

And yeah it kind of does matter that it's a social commentary. Otherwise you missed the point.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-21, 3:04 AM #75
I've not seen Dazed and Confused since I was about 15... wow, I'd almost competely forgotten about it.

On a side note just to stick my sweaty little face into the debate I've smoked weed about 3 times in my life and none of the times did it really do anything for me. That said a lot of my closest friends smoked quite a bit through uni. Some of those people now have PhDs, most others have well paid jobs. It hurts nobody when used in moderation, just like alcohol.

I agree with Spe. Let the man smoke and don't get in his face. Just give him a careful prod if it's making him into a nutbar and give him a pint instead ;)
2007-04-21, 8:14 AM #76
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
I game all the time--I bet you you couldn't beat me in CS:S if I was high. I'm probably better at WC3 too. You'd be surprised--getting high doesn't make you retarded 24/7, just for a few hours.

You'd just use the AWP.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-04-21, 9:55 AM #77
Originally posted by Martyn:
I agree with Spe. Let the man smoke and don't get in his face. Just give him a careful prod if it's making him into a nutbar and give him a pint instead ;)

Truth.

That said, you get some pretty awful weed in places. I tried some stuff from some Manchester estate the other day and I'm sure it must've been PCP'd up or something, I was practically tripping off of it and not in a good way. If you're going to smoke green, make sure it's good stuff, it's the bad stuff that'll mess you up. I had to quit smoking for a few weeks after some really gritty weed.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2007-04-21, 10:22 AM #78
You'd just use the AWP.

Not 1 on 1, if you wanted to do that. I only AWP when it's 3 on 3 or better. Otherwise it is just cheap. I could DEAGLE and still beat you.
D E A T H
2007-04-21, 11:08 AM #79
Yoshi likes to talk big, but I recall PWNING his FACE in the first (and last) game of CS we played.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-04-21, 11:12 AM #80
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Yoshi likes to talk big, but I recall PWNING his FACE in the first (and last) game of CS we played.

Uh, just try it now. Plus, 200ms pings don't equal any kind of pwning, on anyone at any point in time.
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!