Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Evil Vegans
Evil Vegans
2007-05-09, 6:42 PM #1
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18574603/?GT1=9951

This is why meat eaters got it right. Use real milk and/or formula, or go to jail for life.

Dont they know how many plants have to die every year to keep them alive? They have no soul.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2007-05-09, 6:46 PM #2
This is old news. o.O

I guess they just updated it.

Anyways, yes, that was foolish of them.

They should have made news like this though. I mean what man WOULDN'T use a 13 year old boy as a human shield?
2007-05-09, 6:49 PM #3
Eh, I hadn't heard about it till now.

Silly vegans. And on a side note, I would hate to have prosecutor Chuck Boring's last name :downs:
My blawgh.
2007-05-09, 7:15 PM #4
i heard about this from someone who is

1. a vegan
2. anti-gun
3. anti-death sentence

her exact words about this "those 2 idiots should be shot"
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2007-05-09, 7:15 PM #5
Why would vegans object to breast feeding?:/

o.0
2007-05-09, 7:17 PM #6
Originally posted by Greenboy:
Why would vegans object to breast feeding?:/

i should also mention the person referred to in my previous post has a child and guess what... her child was breastfed
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2007-05-09, 7:19 PM #7
Just curious, but how come the baby died if they fed it? Does anyone know if they just literally starved it, or did they feed the baby plenty of apple juice and soy milk and the baby still died?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-05-09, 7:27 PM #8
Babies can't get the nutrients they need out of soy milk and applesauce -- and that's when the human body needs it most.

So essentially, they are starved of their nutrients, starved of their growth, and starved of their life to death.
2007-05-09, 7:33 PM #9
edit: Curse you, Anovis!
I'm guessing they under-fed the baby, which eventaully lead to starvation. Apple juice and soy milk do not contain the nourishment a baby is going to need.

But honestly, I don't think they're "evil." Just ignorant. I tried the vegan thing for a while, and quickly discovered just about all other vegans are the most self-righteous ******* I've ever had the displeasure of interacting with.
2007-05-09, 7:36 PM #10
"Yeah, let's abandon the obvious, necessary natural way, and risk a baby's life on some diet that we use as an avenue for self-righteous arrogance. "

:rolleyes:
2007-05-09, 7:37 PM #11
Vegens kill millions of plants and vegetables each year.

Be a good human, consume things that walk
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2007-05-09, 7:37 PM #12
Originally posted by Jin:
But honestly, I don't think they're "evil." Just ignorant. I tried the vegan thing for a while, and quickly discovered just about all other vegans are the most self-righteous ******* I've ever had the displeasure of interacting with.

I don't know if "just ignorant" describes this. I mean, seriously, 3 1/2 pound baby. How can anyone just sit there thinking that was fine.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-05-09, 7:49 PM #13
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
"Yeah, let's abandon the obvious, necessary natural way, and risk a baby's life on some diet that we use as an avenue for self-righteous arrogance. "

Are you taking a jab at me for what I said, or them for what they did?
2007-05-09, 8:18 PM #14
You should have to take an exam in order to be a vegan/vegitarian:

50 Multiple Choice Questions about Nutrition
50 Multiple Choice Questions about Animal Cruelty
50 Multiple Choice Questions about Hygeine

If you pass, they cut out your sexual organs so you can't reproduce. These are the necessary steps we have to take to avoid devolution.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-05-09, 8:21 PM #15
You know, its possible to be vegetarian because you just dont like the way meat tastes. I will never force anything on my kids, though I probably wont be vegetarian by then. Also vegans are nuts. >.>

o.0
2007-05-09, 10:00 PM #16
I support animal rights.

Cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys have the basic natural right to be delicious
:D
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth
2007-05-09, 11:15 PM #17
Ha ha, the lawyer's name is 'Boring'.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-05-09, 11:15 PM #18
I.P. Freely
2007-05-10, 12:18 AM #19
I'm a level 5 vegan. I eat nothing that has a shadow.
Sorry for the lousy German
2007-05-10, 12:48 AM #20
natural selection

EDIT: they make soy baby formula, but the funny thing is that eating soy gives you plenty of phytoestrogens. if you ever wondered why vegan men act a bit effeminate, well, there's one of the many reasons. when given to infants in quantity it causes behavioral problems and might cause full-on feminization.

Breast feeding is absolutely critical at this stage because it is guaranteed to have an absolutely ideal balance of nutrients and minerals even to the point that the mother's body starts breaking down to make it. Know why? Because if there weren't biological checks and balances against retarded parents none of us would be alive right now.

So... seriously, this is natural selection in progress.
2007-05-10, 12:54 AM #21
Originally posted by Impi:
I'm a level 5 vegan. I eat nothing that has a shadow.

So you can basically consume air and, to a lesser extent, water.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2007-05-10, 1:03 AM #22
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
So you can basically consume air and, to a lesser extent, water.

I seriously wish there were a way to feed off of, like, an electrical outlet. The human body only needs around 100 watts.

incidentally, it's a good thing the first Matrix movie had such great action because the entire premise is retarded
2007-05-10, 1:34 PM #23
Originally posted by Jin:
Are you taking a jab at me for what I said, or them for what they did?

Them, not you. Sorry for the ambiguity. :downs:
2007-05-10, 2:27 PM #24
As usual, most of you seem to be missing the point. First of all, the problem here isn't Vegans, it's ignorance. This would be no different than some ignorant meat-eater feeding their child Pepsi instead of breast milk. Second of all, intelligent Vegans breast feed their children until around 6 months. The real issue is whether or not a Vegan parent can provide the proper nutrition to their child via their breast, considering the fact that they're Vegan. The answer is obviously yes, depending on the person's diet. Now that you actually understand the topic at hand...

Quote:
This is why meat eaters got it right. Use real milk and/or formula, or go to jail for life.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Veganism, vegetarianism, or any other -ism. It has to do with ignorance. Please, don't join their ranks and let the media use your brain, rent-free.

Quote:
Silly vegans.

Quote:
Why would vegans object to breast feeding?

They don't. Idiots are opposed to breast feeding.

Quote:
Vegens kill millions of plants and vegetables each year.

Plants and vegetables don't feel pain. Read up.

Quote:
You should have to take an exam in order to be a vegan/vegitarian

Wouldn't it be better if we made people take an exam before they could have children? As usual, you seem to be missing the point.

Quote:
You know, its possible to be vegetarian because you just dont like the way meat tastes. I will never force anything on my kids, though I probably wont be vegetarian by then. Also vegans are nuts.

It's also possible to be a sane Vegan.

I think we can file this under the anti-vegetarian section of Massassi. What's the score now? It's something like anti-vegatarian (5-6), pro-vegetarian (0 or 1). The generalizations are seriously getting on my nerves. I guess next you'll be saying that all black folks like rap music and are in gangs, that everyone who lives in a trailer is an idiot, and that middle-eastern people are all terrorists. Seriously folks, do some reading a get a life.
2007-05-10, 2:47 PM #25
Originally posted by MentatMM:
The generalizations are seriously getting on my nerves. I guess next you'll be saying that all black folks like rap music and are in gangs, that everyone who lives in a trailer is an idiot, and that middle-eastern people are all terrorists. Seriously folks, do some reading a get a life.

If the shoe fits.....
It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow too fond of it. - Robert E. Lee
2007-05-10, 2:53 PM #26
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Just curious, but how come the baby died if they fed it? Does anyone know if they just literally starved it, or did they feed the baby plenty of apple juice and soy milk and the baby still died?

The simplest answer is that the food they gave the baby had no food in it.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-05-10, 2:55 PM #27
Michael, thanks. Because of you, I spit water all over the keyboard :neckbeard:
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2007-05-10, 3:01 PM #28
Originally posted by MentatMM:
It's also possible to be a sane Vegan.

I think it's funny how you call yourself a mentat when you aren't even able to calculate this simple equation.

The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines insanity as, "a deranged state of the mind usually occurring as a specific disorder." Such a disorder could include, for instance, histrionic personality disorder which rather accurately typifies all Vegans as a matter of definition.

So, no, it is not possible to be a sane Vegan.
2007-05-10, 3:32 PM #29
Mentat, it's not about ignorance, it's about stupidity and trying to force one's own beliefs onto someone who can't make their own choice.

Although, unlike religion, this kills them.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-05-10, 3:54 PM #30
The fact that you took me seriously means you missed the point. But don't mind me, I don't want to interrupt your spirited justification of a diet.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-05-10, 4:20 PM #31
Use [sarcasm] tags
2007-05-10, 4:36 PM #32
I am not a vegan, but I am hardly proud of factory farming conditions which are absolutely disgusting. People who are vegans are morally admirable. They believe that something is wrong and they abstain from it, even though it's unpopular and requires them to sacrifice good tasting products.
2007-05-10, 5:19 PM #33
Originally posted by Glyde Bane:
Mentat, it's not about ignorance, it's about stupidity and trying to force one's own beliefs onto someone who can't make their own choice.

Besides the cafeteria and relationships, most vegans do mind their own business.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-05-10, 5:59 PM #34
Originally posted by Echoman:
Besides the cafeteria and relationships, most vegans do mind their own business.

Then why'd the kid die? Oh right, because they were trying to make a choice for it. Exactly what I said, isn't it?
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-05-10, 10:41 PM #35
Originally posted by Glyde Bane:
Then why'd the kid die? Oh right, because they were trying to make a choice for it. Exactly what I said, isn't it?

Why did the kid die? Because the parents weren't like MOST vegans.

As has already been stated, breast feeding is not incompatible with veganism. Vegans can support Veganism and feed their children at the same time. The crime committed here has nothing to do with veganism.

That said, it's pretty easy to justify a parent "forcing" veganism onto their kids.

1) A parent has a responsibility to teach a child certain moral values. In other words, a parent has to socialize a child. The reason for this is pretty obvious. A child will eventually be a member of society and have to deal with other people. To do this in a moral manner, they must learn "right" from "wrong." The starting place, while maybe not the ending place is the family. "Forcing morality" is a reliable way for parents to teach young children moral principles.

Think of other examples. We learn from parents that stealing candy from a shop is wrong. They "force" this view on us. They don't provide us with an "alternative" and tell us to make up our own mind. We also learn things like manners, "say thank you" and "please" etc.

2) Veganism is a moral principle. Agree with it or not, parents who are Vegans often take a moral stance on it. Causing pain to anyone, regardless of species, is wrong unless done for a justified reason. Good tasting products are not a good enough reason in their view.

So why shouldn't vegan parents "force" veganism on their kids? And why shouldn't religious parents "force" religion on their kids? We have to start somewhere.
2007-05-10, 11:02 PM #36
Yeah, the kid didn't die because his parents were vegan. He died because they're stupid.

There's a whole lot of narrowmindedness in this thread.
2007-05-10, 11:44 PM #37
Vegans or not, I'm not gonna change what ain't broken.

Damn you Americans are nuts.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-05-10, 11:49 PM #38
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
There's a whole lot of narrowmindedness in this thread.
The Vegan diet is about exclusion. How is it that we're narrow-minded for rejecting the Vegan beliefs but they aren't narrow-minded for not wanting to eat mouth-watering filet mignon?

To me the Vegan diet is silly. We're omnivorous. We are not meant to subsist only on plant products. Humans have evolved to become the principle predator of megafauna - we have eaten large animals, like the mammoth, for around 2 million years. But if someone doesn't want to eat meat that's fine, just don't tell me not to. The first reason I hate Vegans is because they tell me not to.

To me the Vegan moral justification is silly. Animals have a biological interest in their continued survival as well as their own genetic propagation. On one hand, animals and plants are being killed for human consumption. On the other hand, their conservation status is absolutely 100% guaranteed. We were irresponsible and hunted buffalo, aurochs and mammoths to extinction. Cows, though? Cows are never going to go extinct as long as we have a use for them.

Furthermore, selecting a living thing for food on the basis of whether or not it feels pain is patently absurd. A plant may not have a central nervous system but you are still injuring it by eating it.

Finally, how are they supposed to slaughter animals more humanely? Do you have the chemistry background to devise a lethal injection for cattle that won't render the meat unfit for human consumption? Do you think it's more humane to slit an animal's throat and let it quickly bleed to death, or to shoot it or thrust a spear through its gut? If you kill the animal without making it feel any pain is it the same thing as killing a plant?

This is ridiculous. Even assuming someone is legitimately following a Vegan lifestyle because they legitimately embrace the cause, instead of just wanting attention or being feeble-minded, they aren't actually doing anything to solve the problem. If you're upset about the way animals are slaughtered, buy meat from a family farmer. If you have a big enough deep freeze you can buy an entire side of beef for way less than it would cost in a supermarket and you're pretty much guaranteed that the cattle have been well-cared-for.
If you just stop buying meat altogether all you're doing is encouraging the cattle farmers to adopt even more price-cutting, unhealthy and inhumane farming methods in an attempt to bring back up their profit margins. Vegans are part of the problem not part of the solution. I hate Vegans because they're hypocrites - they're all talk, no action.

Finally, I find Vegans themselves silly because all they really want is attention. Nobody who takes a legitimate moral stand pulls out the histronic personality disorder card. There's a world of difference between wanting to draw attention to your cause and wanting to draw attention to yourself. I hate Vegans because they're attention whores. They don't really seem to care about their cause, they just want to let everybody know that they follow one.
2007-05-10, 11:57 PM #39
It doesn't matter than humans have been omnivorous throughout history. Just because we can eat meat doesn't mean we have to - man is fully capable of surviving without it. If someone is morally opposed to killing animals, for whatever reason, then they shouldn't be criticized for not eating them.

And sure, some vegans may desire attention or try to push their beliefs on others, but that's the minority. And judging by this thread, there's just as many "omnivores" doing some opinion forcing too.
2007-05-10, 11:59 PM #40
You're also perfectly capable of holding your breath until you pass out.

Or running into oncoming traffic.

I fail to see your point.

↑ Up to the top!