Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Whats a good gun?
Whats a good gun?
2007-06-24, 11:42 AM #41
Yeah, a paint ball gun sounds great. The good thing about a paint ball gun, versus a real gun, is that it's useful even outside of shooting it at trespassers (shoot it at friends too in some friendly 3v3/4v4).
2007-06-24, 11:42 AM #42
throw a molotov at them.
2007-06-24, 11:45 AM #43
Because they don't bleed if I do that. >: (
2007-06-24, 11:48 AM #44
chekhov's gun
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2007-06-24, 11:56 AM #45
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
I'm leaning towards the rock salt option. Kill Bill Vol. 2, anyone? I think discharging the firearm into the air as a warning shot would be sufficient inducement to scare most trespassers away, anyway.

Yeah. But discharging a firearm in city limits isn't a whole lot less illegal than shooting at someone in some places.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-06-24, 12:12 PM #46
Originally posted by Rob:
Because they don't bleed if I do that. >: (

Depending on the distance and if you can crank up the velocity, a paintball gun can certainly make them bleed.

If you load it with something other than paintballs (marbles as mentioned, or rubber balls come to mind), you can do some serious damage without killing anyone. It would probably still be illegal though, especially if you go over 300 fps.
2007-06-24, 12:18 PM #47
Isn't life running at over 300 FPS? Is existence illegal? :(

Anyways. I second the paintball gun with something other than paintballs loaded into it. Marbles are a good idea, but really anything would do to scare them off.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-06-24, 12:19 PM #48
I don't want to scare people I want to hurt them! :argh:
2007-06-24, 12:19 PM #49
Wow, is that a model replacement?

Yeah.

DO NOT use marbles. You could easily kill someone if you hit them in the head. Paintball gun + marble + temple = your *** in jail for a long time.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-06-24, 12:23 PM #50
Originally posted by Aglar:

If you load it with something other than paintballs (marbles as mentioned, or rubber balls come to mind), you can do some serious damage without killing anyone. It would probably still be illegal though, especially if you go over 300 fps.

You don't see people getting arrested for running Quake III on a 4 GHz Core2 with 8800GTXs do you?
2007-06-24, 12:24 PM #51
just make a tiny molotov dude, it'll set their trousers on fire and they'' ****.
2007-06-24, 12:39 PM #52
I don't want to scare people I want to hurt them! :argh:

With an attitude like yours I give you three years before you end up in prison.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-06-24, 12:56 PM #53
Really close to the wonderful city of Baltimore. :(

...MD? You want to buy a gun..and use it..in MD?

Welcome to FPMITAP...:neckbeard:
woot!
2007-06-24, 12:58 PM #54
QUIET YOU! :P
2007-06-24, 12:59 PM #55
I'm leaning towards the rock salt option. Kill Bill Vol. 2, anyone? I think discharging the firearm into the air as a warning shot would be sufficient inducement to scare most trespassers away, anyway.

It's going to come back down somewhere. Remember that part. ;)

QUIET YOU! :P

:D
woot!
2007-06-24, 1:32 PM #56
Just buy yourself a Tazer.

Personally I give it a week before you end up shooting yourself with whatever apparatus you end up purchasing, so you might as well be able to walk it off afterwards.
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2007-06-24, 1:36 PM #57
Tazer sounds lame.

NOT ENOUGH BLEEDING.

Maybe I'll buy another bolt gun.
2007-06-24, 1:45 PM #58
Originally posted by West Wind:
Personally I give it a week before you end up shooting yourself with whatever apparatus you end up purchasing, so you might as well be able to walk it off afterwards.

Rob's a prick but he's not stupid.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-06-24, 3:15 PM #59

shooting into the air is a good way to have the bullet come down and land on some little kid's head a few blocks away

and rock salt is a horrible idea stop using what you see in a movie to make suggestions
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2007-06-24, 3:26 PM #60
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
shooting into the air is a good way to have the bullet come down and land on some little kid's head a few blocks away

and rock salt is a horrible idea stop using what you see in a movie to make suggestions

I suggested it. Read the thread.

Do not comment on things that you don't have enough redneck in you to understand. Fool. [/hammer]:awesome:

Also, while firing into the air is a freaking stupid idea, the chances of it harming someone (and the amount of such incidents in history) is really really small. It's still not proper to actually fire into the air, but there is a reason that straight up is a safe direciton.
2007-06-24, 4:20 PM #61
Originally posted by Spook:

Do not comment on things that you don't have enough redneck in you to understand. Fool. [/hammer]:awesome:

Also, while firing into the air is a freaking stupid idea, the chances of it harming someone (and the amount of such incidents in history) is really really small. It's still not proper to actually fire into the air, but there is a reason that straight up is a safe direciton.

Straight up is not a 'safe direction'.
woot!
2007-06-24, 4:33 PM #62
Build a tesla coil in the middle of your yard, when they come near it...BZZZAP!!

Then make it play the final fantasy fanfare after it shocks them. :awesome:
2007-06-24, 5:00 PM #63
If I recall, they did the "straight up" thing on mythbusters.

The bullet made quite a hole in the ground. I wouldn't trust anyone firing straight up next to me <_>
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-06-24, 5:02 PM #64
Uhm, sorry, but straight up is safer than flagging the entire firing line or your hunting buddies.

Yep, pretty sure thats what I learned. Pretty sure it's worked for me in practice.
2007-06-24, 5:03 PM #65
not mostly non-fatal
Attachment: 16555/colt.jpg (5,712 bytes)
2007-06-24, 5:07 PM #66
Why not shoot the ground instead of straight up then?
2007-06-24, 5:21 PM #67

are you a moron or just ignorant of the fact that even with the dumbest lawyer the person you shoot with rock salt even if they are in your house pointing a gun at your head could sue you and win...

by people who have some actual knowledge of defensive loads rock salt rates lower than using a .22

and up is never a safe direction... it's preschool physics... what goes up must come down
2007-06-24, 5:28 PM #68
are you a moron or just ignorant of the fact that even with the dumbest lawyer the person you shoot with rock salt even if they are in your house pointing a gun at your head could sue you and win...

by people who have some actual knowledge of defensive loads rock salt rates lower than using a .22

and up is never a safe direction... it's preschool physics... what goes up must come down

Okay ***.

Did you read my post? No. Otherwise you would have noted that I said he would still go to jail. He doesn't care and I have a feeling this whole conversation is laregly theoretical. Ok, so my first post pointed out you didn't read the thread, then you make another reply assuming things about what I said in the thread you still didn't read? Awesome dude, awesome.

Rates lower than using a .22? What does that even mean? Actual knowledge of defensive loads? What are you talking about?

Up is a safe direction, because then you have time to move and get under something safe. Waving your weapon around like an idiot while you're waiting for your turn on the firing line is stupid. There is a good reason that the military uses strong side sling arms on firing ranges, and has for decades.

Up is not a safe direction to fire. Up is a safe direction in case your weapon fires. God damn, just read what I said.
2007-06-24, 5:30 PM #69
don't forget
2007-06-24, 5:31 PM #70
don't shoot people
2007-06-24, 5:43 PM #71
can you buy uzis in america?
2007-06-24, 5:44 PM #72
Just curious, but isn't terminal velocity (i.e., a bullet shot into the air on its way down) a helluva lot slower than shortly after the bullet leaves the firearm? Besides, the odds of a bullet shot into the air actually hitting someone is really really really small.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-06-24, 5:44 PM #73
Uhm, sorry, but straight up is safer than flagging the entire firing line or your hunting buddies.

Yep, pretty sure thats what I learned. Pretty sure it's worked for me in practice.

A muzzle-up carry is a hell of a lot different than firing in the air in a residential area.

Quote:

Maybe it's just my interpretation, but I read that you were somewhat endorsing the idea of a warning shot in the air. Nowhere is Rob asking how to properly carry a firearm.

Up is not a safe direction to fire. Up is a safe direction in case your weapon fires. God damn, just read what I said.

Perhaps better articulation may be helpful next time. ;)
woot!
2007-06-24, 5:47 PM #74
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Just curious, but isn't terminal velocity (i.e., a bullet shot into the air on its way down) a helluva lot slower than shortly after the bullet leaves the firearm? Besides, the odds of a bullet shot into the air actually hitting someone is really really really small.

The odds are even smaller if you don't do such a stupid thing in the first place.

http://nfttu.blogspot.com/2005/12/celebratory-gun-firing-good-idea-or.html
woot!
2007-06-24, 5:53 PM #75
rob... seriously if you'd rather not go to jail and don't wan tto kill them.. your options are legal non-lethal weapons like [check local laws] pepper spray

or possibly [check local laws again] consider the option of a blank firing gun... there are ways to explain away the noise

oh and spook... common sense practices at any shooting range... don't chamber a round unless you are pointing the weapon downrange and getting ready to fire it... also one of the 4 laws... KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL READY TO FIRE

2 things that keep a firearm from discharging while waiting for your turn at the firing line
2007-06-24, 6:11 PM #76
Just hide in the bushes with a baseball bat.

2007-06-24, 6:15 PM #77

If they're in your house you can shoot 'em dead with out a problem. If they're just on your property, it's a lot trickier, I think you'd have to prove that you were in direct danger of bodily harm, just like anywhere else.
2007-06-24, 6:21 PM #78
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
If they're in your house you can shoot 'em dead with out a problem. If they're just on your property, it's a lot trickier, I think you'd have to prove that you were in direct danger of bodily harm, just like anywhere else.

i wasn't talking about that nimrod... i was talking about using rock salt instead of buckshot
2007-06-24, 6:23 PM #79
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:

That depends on the state. In some states it's even legal to kill, but you'll get carted to jail if you taser them.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2007-06-24, 6:28 PM #80
HEY HEY HEY

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT SHOOTING BADGUYS

NOT WANNABE MANLY ARGUING ON THE INTERNET.

↑ Up to the top!