Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → E∃ 2ºº7
E∃ 2ºº7
2007-07-10, 3:05 PM #1
E∃ is upon us. What is everyone looking forward to, and what do you hope to see?

I want to see some more in game footage from Crystal Chronicles (Wii) as well as confirmed online multiplayer for Smash Bros Brawl as well as some new characters and maps. Also a release date for Brawl and Mario Galaxy would be awesome. Wii Wii Wii Wii! Rumors of Wii Sports 2 and Mario Kart are floating around. I want them to be true.
Think while it's still legal.
2007-07-10, 3:11 PM #2
I'd like the person who decided that the cost savings were justified to nerf the whole show to DIAF
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2007-07-10, 3:13 PM #3
Dude, Mario Cart Wii would be EPIC.

Especially if it had online play.

MARWIIO CART MASSASSI TOURNAMENT.
2007-07-10, 3:14 PM #4
I want to see Killzone 2.

I might get a good laugh. Sorry.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-07-10, 3:15 PM #5
Even though the show is smaller, it's still considered the biggest show in video games. Companies are still saving all their bombshells and big shots for this and it's going to be amazing.
Think while it's still legal.
2007-07-10, 3:25 PM #6
What makes it so different to last year? Half the size or something?

I'm interested in games to make me wanna play my Wii, warioware, zelda and sports don't cut it at the moment. Anything awesome and 360 related would be nice too, I was considering buying a 360 but then I couldn't think of any games I want for it.
2007-07-10, 3:35 PM #7
Originally posted by Yecti:
I'd like the person who decided that the cost savings were justified to nerf the whole show to DIAF

Yup.

I'm honestly not looking forward to E3 at all. It'll hardly be different from any other day of the week, sadly enough.
D E A T H
2007-07-10, 3:37 PM #8
Originally posted by Victor Van Dort:
Even though the show is smaller, it's still considered the biggest show in video games. Companies are still saving all their bombshells and big shots for this and it's going to be amazing.

Now, as much of a perv as I'm not, the reason I liked GOING to E3 was all the over the top crap the vendors did to get your attention. Without Booth Girls scantly clad as video game characters, the show is going to suck.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2007-07-10, 3:59 PM #9
Xbox press thing is tonight, I'm pretty much figuring Peter More is going to announce MGS4 via dog tags, as opposed to body art this year. Otherwise, I could care less about the show.

All the big announcements have been done, Fallout 3 and Starcraft 2, so I'm doubting there'll be much big news this year.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-07-10, 3:59 PM #10
A lot of companies DIDN'T save bombshells for E3.

Starcraft 2 anyone?
D E A T H
2007-07-10, 4:05 PM #11
Originally posted by Victor Van Dort:

Yeah, the few companies that could afford it, and received invites.

All the small developers got screwed over, and many of the big ones had a hard time deciding. Tecmo, for example, isn't there.
2007-07-10, 4:58 PM #12
A new MGS4 trailer would be nice. The official price drop for the PS3 was nice though, hopefully I'll be able to buy one before the end of this year.
2007-07-10, 4:58 PM #13
Fallout 3!
幻術
2007-07-10, 5:06 PM #14
Originally posted by Cloud:
A new MGS4 trailer would be nice. The official price drop for the PS3 was nice though, hopefully I'll be able to buy one before the end of this year.

I don't know why Konami doesn't just announce it's coming out for the 360. They've done everything but confirm it.

"Since Metal Gear Solid was born for the PlayStation, we would like to keep it a PlayStation game. But we might have to take some steps,"

I mean, come ON.
2007-07-10, 5:06 PM #15
know what would be really nice?

a company to actually use the wii remote well. unfortunately there's a bigger chance of sony announcing an xbox360 port of heavenly sword.
2007-07-10, 5:08 PM #16
Originally posted by Jon`C:
know what would be really nice?

a company to actually use the wii remote well. unfortunately there's a bigger chance of sony announcing an xbox360 port of heavenly sword.

Say hi to Resident Evil 4 for Wii.
2007-07-10, 5:11 PM #17
it's like a lightgun only it doesn't aim where you point it.

is it too much to ask for a wii game that doesn't use the wii remote as either: a.) a laggy, inaccurate mouse cursor or b.) a waggle button press?
2007-07-10, 5:22 PM #18
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Yeah, the few companies that could afford it, and received invites.

All the small developers got screwed over, and many of the big ones had a hard time deciding. Tecmo, for example, isn't there.

noooooooooooooo.

poor tecmo. ; ;

I want my monster rancher DS demonstration.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2007-07-10, 5:23 PM #19
it's like a lightgun only it doesn't aim where you point it.

is it too much to ask for a wii game that doesn't use the wii remote as either: a.) a laggy, inaccurate mouse cursor or b.) a waggle button press?

Except, it works great.
2007-07-10, 5:25 PM #20
Now, as much of a perv as I'm not, the reason I liked GOING to E3 was all the over the top crap the vendors did to get your attention. Without Booth Girls scantly clad as video game characters, the show is going to suck.

yet, since you don't work in the game industry, you shouldn't have been GOING to E3 at all and the reason E3 sucks now is because of people like you
2007-07-10, 5:33 PM #21
yet, since you don't work in the game industry, you shouldn't have been GOING to E3 at all and the reason E3 sucks now is because of people like you

Need a tissue?
D E A T H
2007-07-10, 5:41 PM #22
E3 2007
2007-07-10, 5:46 PM #23
Bioshock

And what I mean by that is that I'm really looking forward to the Mass Effect demo.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-07-10, 5:54 PM #24
I really want to see some more info on Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts.

*nod nod*
2007-07-10, 6:07 PM #25

E3 has been pretty much for the media and fans. Those that work in the game industry have been going to the GDC.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2007-07-10, 6:31 PM #26
Yeah, because of the media and fans.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-07-10, 6:35 PM #27
...is dat sum BIOSHOCK?
2007-07-10, 7:43 PM #28

EA, Microsoft and the companies we already hate anyway.
2007-07-10, 7:46 PM #29
dont you mean Micro$oft?
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-07-10, 7:55 PM #30
Originally posted by Cloud:

Someone explain to me why the price drop for the PS3 is such a big deal?

They had two versions at launch, the 20 and 60 gig. They killed off the 20 gig and you only had the 60. Now they've dropped the price of the 60 gig 100 bucks, and the 80 gig is taking it's place.

How is this different, exciting, and awesome news? You're just getting more storage for 100 bucks less. Whoopie.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2007-07-10, 8:13 PM #31
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:

They had two versions at launch, the 20 and 60 gig. They killed off the 20 gig and you only had the 60. Now they've dropped the price of the 60 gig 100 bucks, and the 80 gig is taking it's place.

How is this different, exciting, and awesome news? You're just getting more storage for 100 bucks less. Whoopie.

PS3 price drop caused a 2800% increase in sales for it. No one cares or needs an 80GB PS3, as even if you have all the games for it has data on it, it won't fill that much.

Apparently $100 does matter :\
2007-07-10, 8:14 PM #32

For someone who doesn't want a PS3, it probably isn't exciting news.

For someone who does, it's an extra hundred dollars in their wallet. Imagine if the 360 dropped a hundred bucks in price before you purchased yours. Same scenario.
D E A T H
2007-07-10, 8:20 PM #33
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
For someone who doesn't want a PS3, it probably isn't exciting news.

For someone who does, it's an extra hundred dollars in their wallet. Imagine if the 360 dropped a hundred bucks in price before you purchased yours. Same scenario.

Well technically it WAS... but the Core variant isn't worth buying. I honestly don't understand why it's still on the market. To me it'd make more sense to get rid of the Core, drop the Premium to replace it, and have the Elite take the Premium's place.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2007-07-10, 8:24 PM #34
80 GB model emulates PS2 games in software, 60 GB and 20 GB models are losing PS2 hardware support soon.

That's where the price drop is coming from.

PS3 sales have not increased 2800%.
2007-07-10, 8:27 PM #35
Well I guess it's a good thing for the stock holders that you don't get to make those decisions. :P
2007-07-10, 8:36 PM #36
people people people

METROID
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-07-10, 8:39 PM #37

My tickets were always provided because Best Buy is the nations leading electronics and software (read: games) retailer. Major retailers were always issued passes to these events.
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2007-07-10, 8:55 PM #38
Well technically it WAS... but the Core variant isn't worth buying. I honestly don't understand why it's still on the market. To me it'd make more sense to get rid of the Core, drop the Premium to replace it, and have the Elite take the Premium's place.

Uh...

Okay, what? You confused me with your hypocrisy.
D E A T H
2007-07-10, 10:39 PM #39
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Uh...

Okay, what? You confused me with your hypocrisy.

I'm not being hypocritical. The 360 Elite retails for what... 500 bucks? The next step down, the Premium, retails for 400. Bottom of the barrel is the Core, at 300.

I bought the Premium. You said I would've been excited if the 360 was a 100 bucks cheaper when I bought it. Technically, it was a 100 bucks cheaper. IF I'd bought the Core. But since the Core has no hard drive, thus no backwards compatability, a wired controller, and no headset for Live. And since getting a drive, a headset, and a wireless controller seperately adds up to more than a 100 bucks (at the time) it was better to buy the Premium.

I'm also saying I don't understand why the Core is still around, unless it honestly sells better than everyone thinks it does. Three different versions of the same console is silly.
Last Stand
2007-07-10, 10:42 PM #40
I think you are missing the point phoenix. The point is that the "main" or "best" ps3 sku got a 100$ price drop. It's like having the premium or elite get a 100$ or 50$ price drop. The core 360 is garbage just like the 20 gb ps3 without wifi was garbage.

↑ Up to the top!