Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → E∃ 2ºº7
E∃ 2ºº7
2007-07-12, 10:23 AM #121
Originally posted by Glyde Bane:
One of the FF13 versions is coming to the 360

Um... yes. And Halo 3 will be on PS3.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2007-07-12, 10:26 AM #122
Also, Fallout 3's coming out for the 360 (and PC). And IMO it's going to be a better and popular game than Oblivion ever was.
幻術
2007-07-12, 10:42 AM #123
Originally posted by Koobie:
Also, Fallout 3's coming out for the 360 (and PC). And IMO it's going to be a better and popular game than Oblivion ever was.

Better? Yes. More popular? No ****ing way.
D E A T H
2007-07-12, 11:54 AM #124
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Better? Yes. More popular? No ****ing way.

I wouldn't be to quick to judge that one. The Fallout series was tremendously popular, and 3 is one of those anticipated titles that's been in hell forever.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2007-07-12, 11:57 AM #125
Raving Rabbids 2

YES.

The videos look hilarious. I ended up trading in Raving Rabbids because I beat the single player three times and the multiplayer was lame. RR2 has 4 player simultaneous multiplayer and the mini games look awesome.
Think while it's still legal.
2007-07-12, 12:02 PM #126
Originally posted by Yecti:
I wouldn't be to quick to judge that one. The Fallout series was tremendously popular, and 3 is one of those anticipated titles that's been in hell forever.

You can walk into your local corner store and find someone who plays/has played oblivion, or at least heard of it.

Try doing that with fallout.

As far as with hardcore gamers, I wouldn't doubt it, but overall you have to look at the factor of oblivion being overhyped and advertised to hell.
D E A T H
2007-07-12, 1:37 PM #127
Gonna have to agree with Yoshi here.
As awesome as Fallout is, a lot of people have never even heard of it.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2007-07-12, 1:40 PM #128
* Topic
* Satan's a**hole
* You are here
2007-07-12, 1:42 PM #129
You're four pages into a thread on Massassi.

What the hell did you expect?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2007-07-12, 1:55 PM #130
:argh: Logic :argh:
2007-07-12, 2:02 PM #131
On Massassi? Are you insane?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2007-07-12, 2:03 PM #132
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
On Massassi? Are you insane?

I believe he was cursing your use of logic, not saying that he expected logic. :eng101:
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2007-07-12, 2:05 PM #133
The Wang is correct.
2007-07-12, 4:31 PM #134
oh. Wasn't made clear to me. :P
Last Stand
2007-07-12, 4:55 PM #135
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
You can walk into your local corner store and find someone who plays/has played oblivion, or at least heard of it.

Try doing that with fallout.

As far as with hardcore gamers, I wouldn't doubt it, but overall you have to look at the factor of oblivion being overhyped and advertised to hell.

That's exactly my point, man. I think it'll ride Oblivion success wave - all those people who've never heard of the game are going to buy F3 because it's Bethesda. And besides, they've a year to build up the hype.

[http://i14.tinypic.com/5yboheq.jpg]
幻術
2007-07-12, 5:39 PM #136
Originally posted by Veger:
Um... yes. And Halo 3 will be on PS3.

No it's true, Final Fantasy: Last Remnant will be coming out for both the X-Box 360 and PlayStation 3. SquareEnix is really milking the franchise by releasing a bunch of spin offs. I also wonder how many more times Final Fantasy I and II can be rereleased.

Oh and thank you Dj Yoshi. Some people seem to react vehemently when I express that I don't really have too much interest in the Wii, or say that the PlayStation 3 is a console that seems more suiting for me. Right now the cheapest stand alone blu-ray player is $500, and I think it's a far better deal to buy a PlayStation 3 at that same price when it can play blu-ray movies and play games.

Quote:
MGS4 will be exclusive for at least a year or so I'm sure, if not longer, and who knows, if PS3 sales go up it might stay exclusive.

Yeah I agree with you too. No matter what Hideo says, it won't matter because he's not the one controlling the company.

By the way, Unreal Tournament 3 for the PlayStation 3 (and very likely for the X-Box 360) will support PC mods. Pretty nice for people who have PCs with bad specs. I'm sure both versions will have keyboard + mouse support too.
2007-07-12, 5:46 PM #137
Originally posted by Cloud:
No it's true, Final Fantasy: Last Remnant will be coming out for both the X-Box 360 and PlayStation 3.

Last Remnant isn't a FF game.

One of the FF13 versions will be cross platform. I lost the link when I cleaned out my bookmarks.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-07-12, 5:56 PM #138
Who doesn't like Olivia Munn, Morgan Webb, Kristin Holt....umm...Layla Kayleigh, and Blair Butler?

hotties
2007-07-13, 5:11 PM #139
Last Remnant isn't a FF game.

One of the FF13 versions will be cross platform. I lost the link when I cleaned out my bookmarks.

Oh whoops sorry, Glyde Bane is right. I guess I got too caught up into thinking every game SquareEnix is making is a part of their ambitious Final Fantasy project.

Some bad news today for Sony, what the hell is Sony thinking with not making any more of the 60 GB PS3? Once they are all sold out, the 80 GB + Motorstorm bundle PS3 will be the only one available on the market. What happened to the more sane company that made the PS1 and PS2.
2007-07-13, 5:45 PM #140
sane?

Sony is mincing and evil and has always been. They made the Playstation 1 for revenge against Nintendo. The Playstation 2 was delayed so they spent the preceeding 2 years running a slander campaign against the Dreamcast.

The only difference now is that Sony has a viable competitor.
2007-07-13, 6:15 PM #141

Some bad news today for Sony, what the hell is Sony thinking with not making any more of the 60 GB PS3? Once they are all sold out, the 80 GB + Motorstorm bundle PS3 will be the only one available on the market. What happened to the more sane company that made the PS1 and PS2.

I'm confused. Why would anyone be disappointed that they can't get the 60gb version, when they can just get the 80?
2007-07-13, 6:18 PM #142
Quote:
I'm confused. Why would anyone be disappointed that they can't get the 60gb version, when they can just get the 80?

The fact that it will be more expensive.

2007-07-13, 6:28 PM #143
it is more expensive, doesn't play PS1/PS2 games as well, and comes with Motorstorm which 99.9% of their target audience would never play.

I'd say 'never unwrap' but it probably comes in a paper sleeve.
2007-07-13, 6:34 PM #144
I played Motorstorm. Fun game, that.
2007-07-13, 8:21 PM #145
That's exactly my point, man. I think it'll ride Oblivion success wave - all those people who've never heard of the game are going to buy F3 because it's Bethesda. And besides, they've a year to build up the hype.

[http://i14.tinypic.com/5yboheq.jpg]

No wonder all the female reporters on that network seem irritable and short tempered.
2007-07-13, 9:26 PM #146
The look on her face is priceless.

By the way, unlike Kirstin Holt or Olivia, Morgan actually plays games.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-07-13, 9:41 PM #147
Kristin Holt plays games, just not as much as because she's alot more attractive than Morgan Webb and therefore doesn't have to do as much work.
2007-07-13, 9:50 PM #148
you internet ******s can call morgan webb ugly or say she has a manjaw but she's still more attractive than any other girl gamer.

if a girl is hotter and says she plays games, it's either the sims or she's a liar.
2007-07-13, 9:54 PM #149
I've never thought she was ugly. When people say that she's ugly it reminds me of when Massassi was arguing about whether some chick was fat or not (She wasn't, by the way.)

I still can't believe Kristin plays games. She just seems too ditzy.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-07-13, 10:05 PM #150
Originally posted by Jon`C:
you internet ******s can call morgan webb ugly or say she has a manjaw but she's still more attractive than any other girl gamer.

if a girl is hotter and says she plays games, it's either the sims or she's a liar.

You don't know this until you've seen every other female gamer.
2007-07-13, 10:06 PM #151
I've never thought she was ugly. When people say that she's ugly it reminds me of when Massassi was arguing about whether some chick was fat or not (She wasn't, by the way.)

I still can't believe Kristin plays games. She just seems too ditzy.

Are we talking about the girl from a few years ago that had neck rolls?
2007-07-13, 10:18 PM #152
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
You don't know this until you've seen every other female gamer.

yes I do know this and I know it because they're girl gamers
2007-07-14, 11:06 AM #153

I don't think your average gamer pays attention to producers either.

I don't think she's too particularly attractive...and I've seen girls who game who are much moreso than she is. Granted, they may not be as into gaming as she is, but there's no such thing as "gaming girls" really--it's just people who play games who happen to be female. The "gaming girls" moniker is pretty stupid.
D E A T H
2007-07-14, 11:23 AM #154
they are transvestities don't trust them
2007-07-14, 11:25 AM #155
sane?

Sony is mincing and evil and has always been. They made the Playstation 1 for revenge against Nintendo. The Playstation 2 was delayed so they spent the preceeding 2 years running a slander campaign against the Dreamcast.

The only difference now is that Sony has a viable competitor.

The Nintendo 64, X-Box, and GameCube weren't viable competitors? Providing they actually did make the PlayStation 1 as revenge against Nintendo, what would that matter to consumers? Also just what as the "slander campaign" they did against the Dreamcast?

Quote:

60 GB PS3 costs $499.99
80 GB bundled with Motorstorm costs $599.99 and it lacks the emotion engine. Making the backward compatibility only around 80% (though still higher than the X-Box 360 from what I heard)
2007-07-14, 11:28 AM #156
Originally posted by Rob:
Kristin Holt plays games, just not as much as because she's alot more attractive than Morgan Webb and therefore doesn't have to do as much work.

no wai.

[http://web.mit.edu/ealba/www/morgan-webb-pics-009.jpg]

[http://www.oceleb.com/img/morgan-webb/morgan-webb.jpg]
2007-07-14, 11:35 AM #157
yes I do know this and I know it because they're girl gamers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frag_Dolls

Hot, not transvestites. You lose.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-07-14, 11:40 AM #158
The Nintendo 64, X-Box, and GameCube weren't viable competitors? Providing they actually did make the PlayStation 1 as revenge against Nintendo, what would that matter to consumers? Also just what as the "slander campaign" they did against the Dreamcast?

Don't call us consumers. That's what lawyers and jackass executives call us to weasel out of having ethics. We're customers.

The Playstation 1 actually was made as revenge against Nintendo. It was originally supposed to be an addon for the SNES, but the contract specified that Sony would get an unreasonable percentage of the licensing profits from both CD and cartridge games so Nintendo dropped them. Sony modified the hardware and blatantly copied the SNES controller design.

Nintendo 64, Xbox and Gamecube were not viable competitors. Nintendo 64 had an utterly pathetic launch that doomed the system forever (pretty much what happened with PSTriple), Gamecube never brought anything to the market that was compelling for game developers and Xbox was a baka gaijin filthy foreigner console.

You don't remember Sony's FUD campaign?
2007-07-14, 11:41 AM #159
Originally posted by Emon:
Hot, not transvestites. You lose.

[http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q145/dynamic_cast/Frag_dolls_uk.jpg]
2007-07-14, 11:44 AM #160
Spreadsheet on PS3 vs 360 hot titles. (I didn't write it - I know how to spell "Oblivion") It looks like PS3 will pull ahead in terms of games library after Christmas. The only game 360 has that isn't announced for PC and looks totally amazing is Mass Effect.

I'm thinking about getting either 360 or PS3 and as far as games library goes - if something is available for PC I will favor the PC version. I'm leaning towards PS3 for the better (although later) games library but if the 360 gets a price cut I might not be able to say no :(

Why do you care so much about which company is more "evil"? All of the big 3 have skeletons in their closet, but who gives a ****? I'll buy from whichever company produces the best system, the history is pretty meaningless at this point.

↑ Up to the top!