Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → E∃ 2ºº7
E∃ 2ºº7
2007-07-10, 10:44 PM #41
Originally posted by Yecti:
My tickets were always provided because Best Buy is the nations leading electronics and software (read: games) retailer. Major retailers were always issued passes to these events.

Last I checked Geek Squad wasn't a major player in the media sector.

If the PS3 sold a lot of consoles after the drop doesn't really matter. It's if it can sustain such sales.

The Wii could lose $50 and I bet you there would be a massive surge in sales (assuming there were any to buy :awesome: ). But that doesn't mean the trend would continue.
2007-07-10, 11:10 PM #42
SPORE. [/SIZE]

..also Diablo III
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-07-10, 11:20 PM #43
I want more info on Last Remnant. That would be neato
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-07-10, 11:56 PM #44
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Last I checked Geek Squad wasn't a major player in the media sector.

Also, last I checked Yecti never did any buying, selling, marketing, advertising, reporting or any business related to games. He was not engaged in the game trade which means he did not belong at the industry trade show.

Yecti was only even allowed to attend by the same dubious logic that allowed Joe McFatass Gamestop Assistant Manager to attend. But at least Joe McFatass is in the right industry.
2007-07-11, 12:13 AM #45
O'Lardstein
2007-07-11, 12:16 AM #46
w00t!
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-07-11, 12:29 AM #47
Originally posted by Jon`C:
know what would be really nice?

a company to actually use the wii remote well. unfortunately there's a bigger chance of sony announcing an xbox360 port of heavenly sword.

I guess you never played The Godfather. It has awesome controls.
Sorry for the lousy German
2007-07-11, 12:31 AM #48
Well yeah, but thats because the PS2 game used the analogs for alot of weird things.
2007-07-11, 12:42 AM #49
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Also, last I checked Yecti never did any buying, selling, marketing, advertising, reporting or any business related to games. He was not engaged in the game trade which means he did not belong at the industry trade show.

Yecti was only even allowed to attend by the same dubious logic that allowed Joe McFatass Gamestop Assistant Manager to attend. But at least Joe McFatass is in the right industry.

[http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4152/kleenexrn2.jpg]

Seriously, the breakup was because of increased costs for advertising which weren't doing anything. The average person in the game market is a geek--geeks especially are drawn to ridiculously hot (and asian, also) women. They'd spend so much money on women, flashy signs, and demos that it'd put them behind rather than ahead for advertising, especially with so many kiosks vying for the attention of the reporters.

It had nothing to do whatsoever with "Joe McFatass" going to the convention.
D E A T H
2007-07-11, 7:53 AM #50
Microsoft's conference was underwhelming, although seeing CoD4 in action was pretty cool.

The only little thing was that Peter Moore said something along the lines of "We're featuring games entirely that are coming out this year". Then they later showed the RE5 trailer....

I CAN HOPE.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-07-11, 8:08 AM #51
1 hour until Nintendo's conference.

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Kaureq/IGNrabbids.gif]
Think while it's still legal.
2007-07-11, 8:12 AM #52
NINTENDOSHOCK!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-07-11, 8:18 AM #53
NINTENDOSHOCK
2007-07-11, 9:30 AM #54
Wow it looks like Yecti really ruined everything for all of us. Major blow.
2007-07-11, 10:29 AM #55
SMASH BROS. DECEMBER 3RD. MARK YOUR CALENDARS.

(Oh, and Mario Kart was announced)
2007-07-11, 10:38 AM #56
Microsoft and Nintendo's keynotes were pretty :downs:

Anyone know what time Sony's is?
2007-07-11, 10:51 AM #57
I must have only seen the end of Nintendo's conference. I saw them playing Wii Fit. Actually looks interesting.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2007-07-11, 10:52 AM #58
BROSSHOCK!

Ok I'll stop now.
2007-07-11, 11:04 AM #59
I'm really failing to see the funny in "*SHOCK".

At all.
D E A T H
2007-07-11, 11:08 AM #60
ASTERISKSHOCK
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2007-07-11, 11:15 AM #61
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
I'm really failing to see the funny in "*SHOCK".

At all.

You? Failing to find the funny in something?

INCONCIEVABLE!
2007-07-11, 11:17 AM #62
edited
D E A T H
2007-07-11, 11:23 AM #63
Right. Because some 17 (or is it 18?) year old, emo, druggie is in a better position to speak. You know, these forums were much nicer when you were gone. THAT I'm sure several people will agree on.

In either case, its as funny as the BIOSHOCK!11oneone spammed all over the forums by others.
2007-07-11, 11:24 AM #64
Bioshock.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-07-11, 11:25 AM #65
Originally posted by fishstickz:
Bioshock.

What he said. ^_^
2007-07-11, 11:38 AM #66
nah it aint funny.
2007-07-11, 11:40 AM #67
Besides, I realised that long ago, hence why I mentioned I'd stop a few posts back. :gonk:
2007-07-11, 11:41 AM #68
Metroid - August
Mario - November
Smash Bros - December
Mario Kart - Q1 2008

Also, UMBRELLA CHRONICLES! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
Think while it's still legal.
2007-07-11, 11:43 AM #69
Originally posted by Jep:
Right. Because some 17 (or is it 18?) year old, emo, druggie is in a better position to speak. You know, these forums were much nicer when you were gone. THAT I'm sure several people will agree on.

In either case, its as funny as the BIOSHOCK!11oneone spammed all over the forums by others.

19, don't really do drugs, and am not emo...in the slightest.

Nice try though.

And all I said was I failed to see how it was funny. Considering I was gone for almost two months, I could've missed something. Instead you chose to accept it as I thought it was stupid, which I didn't say. I just don't see how/why it's funny.

And I really don't care how many people you say think the forums were much nicer--the people who tend to agree on that tend to be the more hated people on the forums as is (free, sajn, and you come to mind).
D E A T H
2007-07-11, 11:46 AM #70
You? Failing to find the funny in something?

INCONCIEVABLE!

This made me chuckle. Oh how I love that movie.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2007-07-11, 11:57 AM #71
19, don't really do drugs, and am not emo...in the slightest.

Nice try though.

And all I said was I failed to see how it was funny. Considering I was gone for almost two months, I could've missed something. Instead you chose to accept it as I thought it was stupid, which I didn't say. I just don't see how/why it's funny.

And I really don't care how many people you say think the forums were much nicer--the people who tend to agree on that tend to be the more hated people on the forums as is (free, sajn, and you come to mind).

Actually, scratch what I've said : I think I owe you an apologie. Sorry for snapping out. You are right.
2007-07-11, 12:00 PM #72
not emo...in the slightest.

Lies!

:gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk:
2007-07-11, 12:00 PM #73
more like...
what-a-SHOCK
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-07-11, 12:03 PM #74
And all I said was I failed to see how it was funny.

You can't find it funny if there was no funny to begin with.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-07-11, 12:21 PM #75
Actually, scratch what I've said : I think I owe you an apologie. Sorry for snapping out. You are right.

Thanks, apology accepted, and sorry if I insulted you.
D E A T H
2007-07-11, 12:47 PM #76
Sony's keynote was pretty good. Video out for the PSP is pretty damned cool, and Home looks neat.

Game-wise though, nothing very special seems to be going on. No exclusive titles that are "must have" for me.

MGS4 looks cool, but since I never owned a PS2 I haven't played a MGS game since the first. Once the PS3 drops in price to like $300 I might grab one and play them all, but I can wait.
2007-07-11, 12:49 PM #77
G4TVSHOCK

Seriously. WTF G4?

http://ibloggedthis.com/2007/07/11/how-g4-ruined-the-live-e3-coverage-on-tv/
2007-07-11, 1:10 PM #78
Originally posted by Aglar:
Sony's keynote was pretty good. Video out for the PSP is pretty damned cool, and Home looks neat.

Game-wise though, nothing very special seems to be going on. No exclusive titles that are "must have" for me.

MGS4 looks cool, but since I never owned a PS2 I haven't played a MGS game since the first. Once the PS3 drops in price to like $300 I might grab one and play them all, but I can wait.

Did we watch the same keynote? :/

The Sony conference was boring as hell. They announced the new PSP which was a long time coming, they reiterated how all their "exclusives" aren't really exclusive (Lookin at you, UT3), and showed off a bunch more generic games.

The only thing that really stood out was that new Echowhatever game.
2007-07-11, 1:10 PM #79
Sony's presentation was pretty awesome.
2007-07-11, 1:19 PM #80
After watching all 3 presentations, I'd rank them as

1) Sony. Pretty long and boring. Speaker was horrible. Relied to much on the Home system. Chewbacca was just lame. The PSP redesign = weak. However, they ended very strong and have some very good looking games. I laughed at their 'time exclusives' though. And Epic putting "Gears of War" in the UT3 trailer.
2) Nintendo. They really should get someone to strengthen their presentations. They showed way too many montage videos prasing the Wii and barely any of the 100 Wii games coming out this year. They should not have ended with WiiFit. While I think the 'game' looks blah, the possibilities are interesting.

Imagine Wave Race with the floor board and a controller.
3) Microsoft. CoD4 looked great - but since PS3 has it, it diminished it alot. Theirs was the most boring. Too long on sales figures and just nothing really new. Even Halo 3 just doesn't create hype anymore

All in all though, mostly blah's all around. I'm curious to see what Nintendo is releasing next year though, since so many heavy hitters this fall. Plus, they technically did not verbally confrim Brawl as being online.

However, they did announce Medal of Honor online for the Wii with 32 people. That's a step in the right direction (Especially with the zapper).

↑ Up to the top!