Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → E∃ 2ºº7
E∃ 2ºº7
2007-07-11, 1:20 PM #81
*shrug*

The main things that impressed me were the new PSP/features, and Playstation Home. Home has the potential to do for the PS3 what Live did for the 360. Whether it will or not, we'll find out.

As far as games go, yeah, there really isn't anything that wowed me.

Still, I'd say Sony's was the best of the three. This is mostly just because MS and Nintendo's sucked.
2007-07-11, 1:34 PM #82
Mario Kart Wii has 32-player online mutliplayer.
2007-07-11, 1:36 PM #83
That would be sweet.
2007-07-11, 1:43 PM #84
The PSP features are pointless because you can't use them without a PS3 or new firmware. :(
2007-07-11, 2:09 PM #85
Wow, they really upped the graphics in Metroid Prime 3. The trailer is fantastic.
Think while it's still legal.
2007-07-11, 2:16 PM #86
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
The PSP features are pointless because you can't use them without a PS3 or new firmware. :(

Didn't realize you needed a PS3 to do it. Weak.
2007-07-11, 2:20 PM #87
Originally posted by Jep:
Actually, scratch what I've said : I think I owe you an apologie. Sorry for snapping out. You are right.

Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Thanks, apology accepted, and sorry if I insulted you.

This is quite possibly the most mature thing I have ever seen on this forum, ever. We should do that more often.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2007-07-11, 2:26 PM #88
Originally posted by Yecti:
This is quite possibly the most mature thing I have ever seen on this forum, ever. We should do that more often.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Except substitute "this forum" for "the web".
2007-07-11, 2:26 PM #89
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Also, last I checked Yecti never did any buying, selling, marketing, advertising, reporting or any business related to games. He was not engaged in the game trade which means he did not belong at the industry trade show.

Yecti was only even allowed to attend by the same dubious logic that allowed Joe McFatass Gamestop Assistant Manager to attend. But at least Joe McFatass is in the right industry.

You're absolutely right. My job directly has nothing to do with media, nor does it have to do with the gaming industry. I didn't refute that point. I only stated why I was permitted to go, and that's because E3 issued thousands of passes to Best Buy every year of the event. Furthermore, comparing market volume and sales from a typical Best Buy location vs. Joe McFatass' GameStop would easily reveal that the Best Buy sold a multitude more games than the small box shop, so from an industry perspective, though it's not a specialty store Best Buy is in the gaming industry. There's no need to attack me personally because I took advantage of an opportunity presented to me by my employer.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2007-07-11, 2:42 PM #90
Originally posted by Yecti:

It isn't nearly as entertaining, though. :/
2007-07-11, 3:15 PM #91
Originally posted by Anovis:

ROFL

When Geoff speaks everyone around him is like "shut the **** up" in whispers. Hope he gets fired. I hate the guy
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-07-11, 4:17 PM #92
Guys, stop making fun of Joe McFatass. He's very sensitive.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-07-11, 5:31 PM #93
1.Super Mario Galaxy
2.Metroid Prime 3 Corruption
3.Super Smash Bros: Brawl
4.Battalion Wars 2
5.Guitar Hero 3
6.Mario Kart Wii
7.Soul Calibur Legends
8.Zack and Wiki
9.Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
10.Disaster Day of Crisis
11.Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
12.Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
13.Dragon Quest Swords
14.NiGHTS 2
15.Dewy's Adventure
16.Fire Emblem
17.Mario Strikers Charged
18.No More Heroes

I'm buying them all...
Think while it's still legal.
2007-07-11, 6:15 PM #94

Sony already is working on something that allows you to download (buy) PS1 games to put on your PSP without the use of the PS3. As regards to firmware upgrade, you can always find those "custom firmware" that allow you to use homebrew stuff.

MGS4 trailer

I still think the PS3 is for me simply because it has the games that interest me the most. Futhermore, I like the ability of being able to watch blu ray movies on it. Killzone 2 doesn't mean much to me as I didn't like the first game that much, but the graphics do seem pretty close to what it was originally from the CG trailer of last year.

Microsoft will continue to do well considering how much everyone seem to love Halo. Though their console seem faulty, I'm glad Microsoft gave every owner that three year warranty thing. However, I'm not intersted in buying one thoughbecause I'm generally not into shooters all too much.

Nintendo actually has games being released for Wii in the next couple of months instead of PS2/GC ports with added Wii control. Likewise, games that are less mini-game-like. Metroid is good, but it isn't something I'm hardcore about along with Super Smash Brothers (Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur IV is what I prefer).
2007-07-11, 7:00 PM #95
Originally posted by Cloud:
Sony already is working on something that allows you to download (buy) PS1 games to put on your PSP without the use of the PS3. As regards to firmware upgrade, you can always find those "custom firmware" that allow you to use homebrew stuff.

Whoop whoop whoop de doo?

They've been saying that for 6 months now, and if I remember correctly they also said it might not even happen.

Quote:
MGS4 trailer

I still think the PS3 is for me simply because it has the games that interest me the most. Futhermore, I like the ability of being able to watch blu ray movies on it. Killzone 2 doesn't mean much to me as I didn't like the first game that much, but the graphics do seem pretty close to what it was originally from the CG trailer of last year.
I think I'd rather get a cheaper HD-DVD/Bluray dual player later, when there's actually a bunch of movies worth having.

Quote:
Microsoft will continue to do well considering how much everyone seem to love Halo. Though their console seem faulty, I'm glad Microsoft gave every owner that three year warranty thing. However, I'm not intersted in buying one thoughbecause I'm generally not into shooters all too much.

If you don't like shooters... then what do you plan on playing on the PS3? :/

Quote:
Nintendo actually has games being released for Wii in the next couple of months instead of PS2/GC ports with added Wii control. Likewise, games that are less mini-game-like. Metroid is good, but it isn't something I'm hardcore about along with Super Smash Brothers (Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur IV is what I prefer).
Well get hardcore about it cause they pwn :mad:
2007-07-11, 7:16 PM #96
Originally posted by Cloud:

Hell. Yes.
2007-07-11, 7:46 PM #97
Whoop whoop whoop de doo?

They've been saying that for 6 months now, and if I remember correctly they also said it might not even happen.

I never remember seeing that.

[quote=Cool Matty]I think I'd rather get a cheaper HD-DVD/Bluray dual player later, when there's actually a bunch of movies worth having.[/quote]
Good ****ing luck. Sony's locked up BluRay tighter than a dolphin's *******.

[quote=Cool Matty]If you don't like shooters... then what do you plan on playing on the PS3? :/[/quote]
Heavenly sword, guitar hero 3, mgs4, and ff13 as a starter, with some gow3 later maybe some assassin's creed and oblivion? Yes, some of those are cross platform (assassin's creed and oblivion), but that doesn't mean you can't play them on the PS3 (before you go "OMG JUST PLAY ON 360 WTF!")
D E A T H
2007-07-11, 8:11 PM #98
I never understood how Oblivion seemed to get ugly when it was ported to PS3.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2007-07-11, 8:13 PM #99
I personally thought it looked better on the PS3 than the 360 (Oblivion that is). The textures are higher res and the LOD is a loooot better.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-07-11, 8:24 PM #100
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
I never understood how Oblivion seemed to get ugly when it was ported to PS3.

Maybe because you're blind. Technically, the graphics are better on the PS3. I'm not even saying they should be, they technically ARE. Higher res textures, they fixed some LOD issues, more shaders, lots of stuff.
D E A T H
2007-07-11, 8:27 PM #101
Mods FTW.

Oblivion with mods on suitably powerfully hardware > *
2007-07-11, 9:06 PM #102
I never remember seeing that.

Okay?

Quote:
Good ****ing luck. Sony's locked up BluRay tighter than a dolphin's *******.

Are you kidding me?

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9016462

They've been working on dual drives for quite a while. NEC has had a dual-drive chip ready for many months now.

Quote:
Heavenly sword, guitar hero 3, mgs4, and ff13 as a starter, with some gow3 later maybe some assassin's creed and oblivion? Yes, some of those are cross platform (assassin's creed and oblivion), but that doesn't mean you can't play them on the PS3 (before you go "OMG JUST PLAY ON 360 WTF!")

And Guitar Hero, and MGS4 (It'll happen). So as far as true exclusives you're now down to FF13 (and who the hell knows what might even happen with FF13) and Heavenly Sword. Definitely worth buying an expensive system for those! It's not like the xbox 360 has a ton of games already worth having or anything! Wait...
2007-07-11, 9:08 PM #103
It has it's pluses, yes, LoD and draw distance being one of them. But every time I watch my friend play it on PS3, then come home and play it on my 360, I think the overall lighting is better on the 360, and people at the very least look better.

Just because I think the 360 version looks better even though the PS3 port is technically superior, doesn't mean I'm blind. You know what it does mean? It means I've VERY likely grown accustomed to seeing Oblivion a certain way, and it doesn't MATTER if the PS3 port is technically better. It's slightly off from what I'm used to seeing, and thus does not look as good.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2007-07-11, 9:29 PM #104
And Guitar Hero, and MGS4 (It'll happen). So as far as true exclusives you're now down to FF13 (and who the hell knows what might even happen with FF13) and Heavenly Sword. Definitely worth buying an expensive system for those! It's not like the xbox 360 has a ton of games already worth having or anything! Wait...

MGS4 will be exclusive for at least a year or so I'm sure, if not longer, and who knows, if PS3 sales go up it might stay exclusive. I did forget guitar hero, sue me.

And I honestly don't like ANY of the games released for 360 yet. The only one that actually intrigues me is Shadowrun, as I've already played the **** out of Gears (not to mention it's coming to pc), and every other game is a pc port or is coming to pc.

Also, you forgot God of War 3. I think MGS4, God of War 3, Heavenly Sword and FF13 are more than enough to buy a system for, not to mention the fact that Motorstorm, Resistance, and Darkness are already out and already kick ***, and I'm sure there'll be more later.

Hint: CM, just because you don't want something, or don't like something, doesn't mean nobody else will. I honestly see NO reason to get the 360, but I don't call everyone who does stupid. I see/saw no reason to get the elite (as it was a waste of money, I knew it was going to drop to the premium price) but I never told anyone they wasted their money.

If someone wants a PS3, there's more than enough justification (even moreso if you own a PSP), and I see no reason to berate them for it. It's your one failing--you think your opinions are fact. And I know you're gonna pull the "omg hypocrite" or "pot kettle black" bit, but it's true. I've grown past what little of that bull**** was true about me, you're what, 20? 21? and you're still acting like that.
D E A T H
2007-07-11, 9:31 PM #105
One of the FF13 versions is coming to the 360

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-07-11, 10:27 PM #106
...and Darkness are already out and already kick ***, and I'm sure there'll be more later.

Darkness is on the 360. :p

Quote:
Hint: CM, just because you don't want something, or don't like something, doesn't mean nobody else will. I honestly see NO reason to get the 360, but I don't call everyone who does stupid. I see/saw no reason to get the elite (as it was a waste of money, I knew it was going to drop to the premium price) but I never told anyone they wasted their money.

I never told anyone they wasted their money either here.

Quote:
If someone wants a PS3, there's more than enough justification (even moreso if you own a PSP), and I see no reason to berate them for it. It's your one failing--you think your opinions are fact. And I know you're gonna pull the "omg hypocrite" or "pot kettle black" bit, but it's true. I've grown past what little of that bull**** was true about me, you're what, 20? 21? and you're still acting like that.

I didn't berate anyone. I didn't push my opinion as fact. As a matter of fact, I simply asked him a question to which you went on your usual escapade. Just stop, Yoshi. Seriously.

BACK TO E3.

Did anything else happen today? And did they show footage of Wii Mario Kart anywhere? :/
2007-07-11, 10:49 PM #107
I see/saw no reason to get the elite (as it was a waste of money, I knew it was going to drop to the premium price) but I never told anyone they wasted their money.

Uh... it hasn't. Yet. It's still about 80 to a 100 bucks more. I could very well be mistaken, since the buffering on the live feed for Microsoft's presser was awful for me last night, and thus I might have missed it. But I think I would've read it.
Last Stand
2007-07-11, 10:51 PM #108
Microsoft did not announce any price drop.
2007-07-11, 11:26 PM #109
There are rumors, and with the PS3's price drop it'd be horrible business decision making for them not to drop the price. If it were Sony, I'd say there might be a good chance for them to not drop it anyways, but Microsoft's too shrewd when it comes to money to be so stupid.
D E A T H
2007-07-12, 12:24 AM #110
Well yeah. I've heard the same. Think I even read some quote that said they were "looking into it" or some such. Either way, it isn't something that's in the IMMEDIATE future. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen until after January.
Last Stand
2007-07-12, 1:03 AM #111
Does anyone know where I can download the press conferences in better quality than what's on youtube? I'm especially interested in Nintendo's.
Sorry for the lousy German
2007-07-12, 1:04 AM #112
Metal Gear Solid 4
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2007-07-12, 2:04 AM #113
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
Well yeah. I've heard the same. Think I even read some quote that said they were "looking into it" or some such. Either way, it isn't something that's in the IMMEDIATE future. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen until after January.

After January? Are you serious? I'd be shocked if it happened after August or September. They get the price drop in in time for the holidays, and imagine what that'll do for sales.

Not to mention Sony's price drop is coming in like a week or something ridiculously soon like that.
D E A T H
2007-07-12, 4:19 AM #114
Was anybody else confused by the list of "compatible" games with the Wii Zapper? The thing is nothing more than a plastic housing with a trigger. Suitable for FPS games sure, but what makes one game more "compatible" with it than another?

Also, does anybody else feel that the mad peripheral rush for the Wii is about to begin? The Zapper, Wii Balance Board, and the Mario Kart Wheel are just the ones coming from Nintendo in the next few months. Wait until third parties start releasing their versions.

That being said, I'm still super excited about Mario Galaxy, SSBB, and Metroid Prime 3, though I'm kind of hoping Metroid will be "compatible" with the Zapper. 32 player multiplayer for MoH? Yes please. I might even pick up Madden for the first time ever if the rumored features turn out to be as good as they sound.

Technically, at least that I saw, they haven't released a solid number for how many online players in Mario Kart, just that it was an undisclosed amount of "more." (according to Engadget).

Wii Fit looks interesting, probably something that my mother would enjoy, but probably not for me. Though I must say, their balance board is certainly technically impressive.

As for the other companies, I agree with CM on the assessment of Sony's offerings. I doubt MGS4 stays exclusive for long, and I couldn't care less about FFXIII. Killzone 2, Lair, and GoW3 look neat, but don't justify buying a PS3, even at the price drop. Every other interesting game is also coming out for the 360.

For the 360 you've got Halo3, which may be improved since the beta, maybe not so much. Of course Bioshock and Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Army of Two, and Too Human all look neat. They're also getting the cross platform titles, Guitar Hero 3, Rock Band, Silent Hill 5, etc. I'm disappointed no price drop was announced, but I wouldn't be surprised if one comes sometime soon, considering the PS3 price drop.

On the PC front, CRYSIS. That is all.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2007-07-12, 4:27 AM #115
Originally posted by Ric_Olie:
Was anybody else confused by the list of "compatible" games with the Wii Zapper? The thing is nothing more than a plastic housing with a trigger. Suitable for FPS games sure, but what makes one game more "compatible" with it than another?

You can't easily reach the buttons on top of the remote. The games have to be designed so that you don't need these buttons.

Quote:
Also, does anybody else feel that the mad peripheral rush for the Wii is about to begin? The Zapper, Wii Balance Board, and the Mario Kart Wheel are just the ones coming from Nintendo in the next few months. Wait until third parties start releasing their versions.

There already are many more mad peripherals, like baseball-bats, tennis rackets or racing wheels that look suspicously like the "new" Mario Kart Wheel.
Sorry for the lousy German
2007-07-12, 4:33 AM #116
Originally posted by Impi:
You can't easily reach the buttons on top of the remote. The games have to be designed so that you don't need these buttons.

Ah, good call.

Quote:
There already are many more mad peripherals, like baseball-bats, tennis rackets or racing wheels that look suspicously like the "new" Mario Kart Wheel.

I've seen the other racing wheels, and they're little more than just a rubber/nylon housing for the Wiimote. I've never seen the baseball bat and tennis racket before, but I looked them up and apparently Circuit City sells them for $30.00. For a couple of shoddy controller housings.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2007-07-12, 6:08 AM #117
There are rumors, and with the PS3's price drop it'd be horrible business decision making for them not to drop the price. If it were Sony, I'd say there might be a good chance for them to not drop it anyways, but Microsoft's too shrewd when it comes to money to be so stupid.

A bunch of people are saying that the exact reason Microsoft isn't dropping their price right now is because Sony did. Being that they're "telling Sony that we don't need to drop our price to sell consoles".
2007-07-12, 6:10 AM #118
NINTENDOSHOCK
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2007-07-12, 7:23 AM #119
If you look at the Mario Kart Wii video, there are several instances where you can count 12 drivers on a course at once.

Plus, apparently one person with Nintendo said that for online, you'll be able to play with more drivers at one time then you have fingers. So at least 10+ for online Mario Kart.

I just hope they have VOIP or something. Still, 10+ is MUCH better than the lame 4 for DS
2007-07-12, 9:59 AM #120
Originally posted by Ric_Olie:
As for the other companies, I agree with CM on the assessment of Sony's offerings. I doubt MGS4 stays exclusive for long, and I couldn't care less about FFXIII. Killzone 2, Lair, and GoW3 look neat, but don't justify buying a PS3, even at the price drop. Every other interesting game is also coming out for the 360.

For the 360 you've got Halo3, which may be improved since the beta, maybe not so much. Of course Bioshock and Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Army of Two, and Too Human all look neat. They're also getting the cross platform titles, Guitar Hero 3, Rock Band, Silent Hill 5, etc. I'm disappointed no price drop was announced, but I wouldn't be surprised if one comes sometime soon, considering the PS3 price drop.

On the PC front, CRYSIS. That is all.

You forgot Heavenly Sword for the PS3.

Oh, and Assassin's Creed is also on PS3. So you only have 3 exclusives on that list.

When you get right down to it, neither the 360 nor the PS3 have too too many exclusives. Game development for these consoles is going massively slower than it was for the last gen (yes I know why, so don't give me a dissertation on it please).

A bunch of people are saying that the exact reason Microsoft isn't dropping their price right now is because Sony did. Being that they're "telling Sony that we don't need to drop our price to sell consoles".

That's the stupidest ****ing thing I've ever heard. Not dropping your price because you want to brag. I don't think microsoft's THAT retarded.
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!