Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Beer
Beer
2008-03-20, 3:52 PM #1
So I'm sitting here enjoying a Boston Lager and wondering what everyone's favorite beers are?

I also really enjoy Hoegaarden, a white beer from Belgium. Becks isn't bad, and of course guiness.

Hefeweisen!
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2008-03-20, 3:55 PM #2
I enjoy light beer, I can drink like water.. bud light for me
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2008-03-20, 3:59 PM #3
Cider.

:colbert:
nope.
2008-03-20, 4:01 PM #4
I love the Sam Adams seasonal beers, they're reasonably priced and always have a slightly interesting taste.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-03-20, 4:06 PM #5
Originally posted by fishstickz:
I love the Sam Adams seasonal beers, they're reasonably priced and always have a slightly interesting taste.

Yea, I just picked up a variety pack with a bunch of Sam Adams, hence why I had a Boston. The winter brew is especially delicious.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2008-03-20, 4:07 PM #6
when i feel like spending a couple dollars more i tend to head for the good imports but for my everyday beer drinking the various offerings from sam adams (especially the seasonal beers) and leinenkugel's (creamy dark and sunset wheat being my favorites) keep me happy with some killian's thrown in from time to time

i cannot stand any cheapo trailer park beer... someone offers me a budweiser i'll turn it down... yes i can say no to free "beer"
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2008-03-20, 4:15 PM #7
I only started drinking beer a few months ago, so I don't have much experience. I mainly drink Molson Canadian or Alexander Keith's.
2008-03-20, 4:20 PM #8
Guinness.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2008-03-20, 4:24 PM #9
Stone Brewing Company
  • Pale Ale
  • Levitation
  • India Pale Ale
  • Arrogant Bâstard Ale (use of character was to circumvent kiddie swear filter for product name)

Karl Strauss Brewing Company
  • Amber Lager
  • Red Trolley

San Marcos Brewery & Grill
  • Amber Ale
  • Honey Ale
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2008-03-20, 4:49 PM #10
Hoegaarden is by far my favorite beer.

Guinness tastes like liquid cigarettes.
2008-03-20, 4:57 PM #11
Originally posted by ragna:
Guinness tastes like liquid cigarettes.

Isn't that the idea?
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-03-20, 5:06 PM #12
Originally posted by Aglar:
I only started drinking beer a few months ago, so I don't have much experience. I mainly drink Molson Canadian or Alexander Keith's.

Keith's used to be my beer of choice, then James Ready when I started getting strapped for cash. Now that I don't drink beer very often, when I do get it, it's a fairly decent brew. I usually go for Sleeman Original or Honey Brown.
2008-03-20, 5:20 PM #13
Top five, in order by country but not by preference:
- Chimay Bleue (Belgium)
- Tripel Karmeliet (Belgium)
- Leffe Blonde (Belgium)
- Velkopopovický Kozel Černý (Czech Republic)
- Abita Turbodog (USA)

Also, had a Young's Chocolate Stout for the first time last night. Very good.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-03-20, 5:23 PM #14
Lately i've been in love with Foster's. Or Staropramen.
Last edited by mb; today at 10:55 AM.
2008-03-20, 5:41 PM #15
Anything from Ommegang or Unibroue is great. I also love just about everything from the Great Lakes Brewing Company, especially Holy Moses, which is a Belgian-style wheat beer.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-03-20, 5:48 PM #16
COORS LIGHT!!!!!

No contest...

Ice house is piss water and only good for when you wanna just get drunk, and bush gives me a really bad hang-over.
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2008-03-20, 5:50 PM #17
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Cider.

Hornsby's crisp apple is the best I can find stateside.
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2008-03-20, 5:58 PM #18
Originally posted by Darth_Xasthur:
COORS LIGHT!!!!!

No contest...

Ice house is piss water and only good for when you wanna just get drunk, and bush gives me a really bad hang-over.

Cannot stand Coors Light.
2008-03-20, 6:03 PM #19
I'm very partial to any unibroue. brewed in my province, very good, lots of selection

tonight however i'm on some carling Black Label. memories from my youth :D
"NAILFACE" - spe
2008-03-20, 6:07 PM #20
If I'm drinking lager it has to be Stella... or Kronenbourg if there's nothing else. Usually though, John Smiths (which ok, isnt great, but it's good to start on) then any bitter that is being served usually Tetley's Cask or perhaps IPA, Abbot Ale is good too.

Though I can't drink more than about 3 or 4 pints before moving onto spirits... of which my choice is Jack Daniels and Coke. I have a small stomach and cant handle the sheer volume of that many pints :(
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2008-03-20, 6:13 PM #21
I drink mostly Sam Adams. I like the summer and autumn seasonals, not a fan of winter (haven't had spring, so can't judge). I had a few really good dark beers when I was over in Germany last summer.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2008-03-20, 6:13 PM #22
COORS LIGHT!!!!!

No contest...

Are you ****ing kidding. I'm not really a beer snob but holy ****ing ****. Coors Light is awful. You really don't know the first thing about beer if that is your favorite.
2008-03-20, 6:17 PM #23
Anything New Glarus or Leinenkugel's is fine by me, namely New Glarus Fat Squirrel, Yokel and Uff-Da Bock. Leinenkugel's Creamy Dark, Red and Dopplebock are my favorites from that brewery.

If I am at a bar I will usually go with something lighter like Spotted Cow or Harp.
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2008-03-20, 6:24 PM #24
Beer is disgusting with the notable exception of Fruli which is alcoholic heaven.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2008-03-20, 6:25 PM #25
seriously did anyone expect darth_xasthur to pick something even remotely good as his favorite?
2008-03-20, 6:26 PM #26
Having a Blue Moon with my buffalo wings. This is an acceptable Coors product.
2008-03-20, 6:28 PM #27
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
Having a Blue Moon with my buffalo wings. This is an acceptable Coors product.

i personally refuse to consider it a coors product along with killian's
2008-03-20, 6:30 PM #28
O'hara's Irish Red is better anyways.
2008-03-20, 6:42 PM #29
Rogue XS Imperial Pale Ale
Attachment: 18871/586.jpg (15,320 bytes)
2008-03-20, 6:47 PM #30
I haven't had the Rogue XS, but their Juniper Pale Ale and Dead Guy Ale are both really good. The Juniper makes a great Christmas beer.
2008-03-20, 7:01 PM #31
Aussie beers. Tasmanian, to be precise. Cascade and Boags to be even more precise.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2008-03-20, 7:04 PM #32
Originally posted by West Wind:
Hornsby's crisp apple is the best I can find stateside.

To be fair I quite like strongbow, although theres a lot thats better and I'm sure they have that there. And woodpecker according to stat but thats nothing excellent either.

Really to get the good stuff you need all the random littler ones they make in places like sommerset.

Addlestones has been one of the best I've gotten so far.
nope.
2008-03-20, 7:32 PM #33
Not really a fan of beer, but I kind of like Grolsch.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2008-03-20, 7:47 PM #34
COORS LIGHT!!!!!

No contest...

I know that's what all your high school friends drink. Just because that's what everyone drinks and you see on TV, that doesn't make it right and/or good.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2008-03-20, 7:56 PM #35
rouge dead guy ale is pretty amazing. right now i'm drinking a left hand sawtooth ale, which is some pretty good stuff as well.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2008-03-20, 8:11 PM #36
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
I know that's what all your high school friends drink. Just because that's what everyone drinks and you see on TV, that doesn't make it right and/or good.

No. His father drinks Coors and every other night he comes home, drunk angry, and gives his son the leather-belt greeting. The tears get into the cans of Coors lying on the ground and produces Coors Lite. When Xasthur is lying pinned onto the ground, dazed and shattered, he tries to hydrate him by drinking the nearest liquid he can get his tongue on (ie. discarded Coors cans). With the combination on blood and the .2 proof alcohol of Coors Lite, a brief sense of euphoria arrives, triggered by the realization that he is still, infact, alive and daddy hasn't been fired from the chemical plant. The Coors Lite gives him the unique sensation that he will walk another day, which will only last until one night sometime later where daddy will produce tears of his own.

:neckbeard: :v:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-03-20, 8:13 PM #37
Yuengling Lager is the only beer I really care for.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2008-03-20, 8:19 PM #38
It's okay guys. The more Coors Light Xasthur drinks, the more good beer there is for the rest of us.
Pissed Off?
2008-03-20, 8:22 PM #39
You mean the more he drinks the closer to death he is.
nope.
2008-03-20, 8:24 PM #40
Originally posted by Z@NARDI:
I enjoy light beer, I can drink like water.. bud light for me

Great for parties.

Originally posted by Baconfish:
Cider.

*looks at thread title* Funny, thought it said beer...

Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
when i feel like spending a couple dollars more i tend to head for the good imports but for my everyday beer drinking the various offerings from sam adams (especially the seasonal beers) and leinenkugel's (creamy dark and sunset wheat being my favorites) keep me happy with some killian's thrown in from time to time

i cannot stand any cheapo trailer park beer... someone offers me a budweiser i'll turn it down... yes i can say no to free "beer"

Budweiser isn't "cheap trailer park beer". It's a decent beer in its own right, but GODDAMN is it way too heavy. I just can't drink it in excess. I usually wouldn't choose it either.

Partying: Bud Light, Busch Light, Rolling Rock, maybe Heineken if I'm feeling fancy
Chilling: Guinness, Honey Brown, Heineken
Getting drunkenated by myself: Heineken

Of course I still have a lot to try yet.
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!