Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Beer
Beer
2008-03-24, 3:35 PM #121
Originally posted by Jon`C:
My favorite beer is an award-winning Quebecois microbrewery beer. It's a triple-fermented Belgian-style Abbey ale, very smooth and somewhat tart.

Unibroue something?
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-03-24, 4:30 PM #122
Originally posted by Jon`C:
My favorite beer is an award-winning Quebecois microbrewery beer. It's a triple-fermented Belgian-style Abbey ale, very smooth and somewhat tart. It's 9% alcohol. It comes in a champagne bottle.

Sounds like La Fin du Monde to me.

My beer of the moment is Blue Moon's summer ale, Honey Moon. It's nothing spectacular or complex, but it's light and sweet and just overall a good spring break beer.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-03-24, 6:39 PM #123
Do you get beer in pints in the US?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2008-03-24, 6:44 PM #124
On tap. Most places go for the 20 oz "pint" too.
Pissed Off?
2008-03-24, 6:59 PM #125
A pint is 20oz. :colbert:

:P
nope.
2008-03-24, 10:33 PM #126
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
My beer of the moment...

Okay, moment over. New beer of the moment is Sun Dog from, oddly enough, Anheuiser-Busch. Pretty cool brew, a wheat beer that finishes like an IPA with a pretty strong hop flavor. I'd say it's the best "craft" beer I've tried from a major brewery.

Stranger still, I ended up trying it not because I ordered it, but because my useless roommate wouldn't finish his beer. Lucky me.
2008-03-24, 10:43 PM #127
Ommegang Ommegeddon. I had some many months ago and it was awesome. I'm not sure if they're brewing it yet again (it's seasonal), but I'm going to look next time I go to buy beer. The bottle design is :awesome:

[http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/8339/image5726039ao6.jpg]
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-03-25, 7:21 AM #128
I'm on spring break in Florida, and apparently Yuengling's sold here. I'm getting some.

Yea it's kinda weird since they have two breweries in PA and their third one is in Florida. But beyond states around here PA and Florida not that many people seem to know about it. I also hate when I go to a bar in PA and order a lager and they give me a Budweiser instead of Yeungling lager which is normally what they give.

As for me Hoegaarden, yeungling lager, leinenkugel's the wheat and red is good, stella, blue moon.
2008-03-25, 7:36 AM #129
Originally posted by Detty:
Buying a pint of beer no matter the price is fairly rediculous given that it tastes of bitter dirty water.

let me reiterate just incase nobody got the point yet
DETTY DOESNT LIKE BEER

STOP THE PRESSES FOR THIS NEW NUGGET OF INFO
[/B]
2008-03-25, 8:09 AM #130
[http://www.unibroue.com/graphs_our_beers/logo_fin_du_monde.jpg]
tastes kinda meaty. almost like bacon or ham in beer form.

or

[http://www.unibroue.com/graphs_our_beers/logo_don_de_dieu.jpg]
very fruity. also treacheous when you drink one or 6 and then get up suddenly

or

[http://www.unibroue.com/graphs_our_beers/logo_trois_pistoles.jpg]
can't say i've tried this one....

[http://www.unibroue.com/graphs_our_beers/logo_chambly_noire.jpg]
a personal favorite.

click for links
"NAILFACE" - spe
2008-03-25, 8:50 AM #131
Detty, one day you are going to acquire a taste for beer, whether it be good or bad beer, and I hope you realize how ridiculous you sound.

Hell, I'll mail you a couple of beers that you would fall in love with. What have you even tried? Keystone or something?
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2008-03-25, 9:06 AM #132
didnt you hear detty doesnt like beer maybe he will post about it?
2008-03-25, 11:24 AM #133
drizzt2k2, you are right. One day I may come to like beer. That's hardly an incentive to drink it now though.

What is keystone anyway? I've tried everything from ultra-crappy Carling, to the kinds of stuff mentioned in this thread like Grolsch, Stella, Corrs and Guiness to sampling expensive beers from places like Bierodrome to trying out various things at real ale festivals.

The only positive thing I could say about most of them is that they weren't Carling. As also mentioned in this thread I do like Fruli which is basically Hoegarden with strawberries.

I keep saying I don't like beer because I'm hoping one day someone will point out how I can get from not liking it to actually liking it because quite frankly I'm sick of the amount of money I have to spend on other drinks on a night out. I want to like beer.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2008-03-25, 11:48 AM #134
i like the taste of beer, and i would drink it more if i didnt get violently ill before catching a buzz off it.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-03-25, 11:49 AM #135
Keystone is what frat guys drink when they don't have enough money for a 30 pack of bud light. It tastes like water which has been stored in a well-used toilet in an arizona county prison.
Warhead[97]
2008-03-25, 12:20 PM #136
I'm sick of the amount of money I have to spend on other drinks on a night out.

drink neat spirits
2008-03-25, 12:45 PM #137
I'm sick of the amount of money I have to spend on other drinks on a night out.

Take drugs!
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2008-03-25, 1:22 PM #138
Pre-party. Seriously. Knock back a couple of drinks before you go out. That way, you're already half way to drunk when you get to the bar. I do it all the time.
Pissed Off?
2008-03-25, 1:44 PM #139
I'm talking about when I go out after work, I mean I could get drunk whilst at work but it's generally frowned upon.

Also none of these suggestions help with the not-liking beer issue.
Flickr Twitter
2008-03-25, 2:03 PM #140
It's really not that much of a challenge.
Pissed Off?
2008-03-25, 2:09 PM #141
Thanks for clearing that up!
Flickr Twitter
2008-03-25, 2:11 PM #142
Flasks were invented for a reason.
Pissed Off?
2008-03-25, 2:12 PM #143
what?
Flickr Twitter
2008-03-25, 2:42 PM #144
i need one for uni because its a ****ing headache having to be surrounded by those ****ing students on a ****ing ****ty course all week, being drunk might actually make this degree somewhat enjoyable perhaps
Attachment: 18908/plated-hip-flask.jpg (10,106 bytes)
2008-03-25, 5:13 PM #145
I'm hoping one day someone will point out how I can get from not liking it to actually liking it because quite frankly I'm sick of the amount of money I have to spend on other drinks on a night out. I want to like beer.

well hope no longer.... the quickest way to aquire a taste for it is....

DRINK IT
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2008-03-25, 10:23 PM #146
drizzt2k2, you are right. One day I may come to like beer. That's hardly an incentive to drink it now though.

What is keystone anyway? I've tried everything from ultra-crappy Carling, to the kinds of stuff mentioned in this thread like Grolsch, Stella, Corrs and Guiness to sampling expensive beers from places like Bierodrome to trying out various things at real ale festivals.

The only positive thing I could say about most of them is that they weren't Carling. As also mentioned in this thread I do like Fruli which is basically Hoegarden with strawberries.

I keep saying I don't like beer because I'm hoping one day someone will point out how I can get from not liking it to actually liking it because quite frankly I'm sick of the amount of money I have to spend on other drinks on a night out. I want to like beer.

:( You will never know the feeling of liking the taste of beer. You just turned down an offer for free good beer mailed directly for you.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2008-03-26, 6:50 AM #147
i dont like beer but am willing to try, please mail it directly to me
2008-03-26, 10:13 PM #148
Czechvar (Budweiser Budvar in the Czech Republic, not related to the American Budweiser brewery) is probably the best lager I've had. Franziskaner is a good hefeweissen.

YES.

You just listed my favorites.
2008-03-28, 3:59 PM #149
Michael MacFarlane's One-Step Strategy For Maybe Learning To Like Beer:
1. Do not order a Landshark Lager.
2008-03-28, 5:11 PM #150
I had a Blueberry Ale the other day from The Pump House (in Moncton NB). Really interesting, it was a nice drink with lunch.
2008-03-29, 5:59 PM #151
Back home, picked up a make-your-own six pack of the following:
- Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA (1)
- Anchor Liberty Ale (1)
- Abita Purple Haze (1)
- Breckenridge Avalanche Ale (1)
- Killian's Irish Red (1)
- Red Stripe Lager (1)

The only thing all these beers have in common is that I have not yet tried any of them. Some I'm really looking forward to, others I don't expect much of but figure they're worth a try at least.
2008-03-29, 6:03 PM #152
Red Stripes pretty good.
nope.
2008-03-29, 6:10 PM #153
Didn't like Red Stripe, pretty bland. Killian's is okay, but overpriced and overrated. The Dogfish Head * Minute IPAs are considered some of the best, if you like that style. I don't really. Anchor products are all top notch. I never had anything by Abita, but I hate beer with fruit added in it.
:master::master::master:

↑ Up to the top!