Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Cold War Capitalism (forum game)
Cold War Capitalism (forum game)
2008-06-10, 7:54 AM #41
Woops, you're right! (Goes to edit!)
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2008-06-10, 8:02 AM #42
Man. Maybe I should have bought some weapons.

:saddowns:

Edit: I suppose it's disappointing this happened pretty early. This foreign policy and slightly odd weapons bought a smile to my face.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2008-06-10, 8:25 AM #43
Yeah, what happens when there are still people alive, and no one has any weapons left?
2008-06-10, 8:37 AM #44
I don't think it's necessary for everyone to get destroyed. The rules say that the winner's the person left alive who's done the most damage.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-06-10, 8:55 AM #45
Vegienation launches his remaining arsenal at the nation of Gebonia for 10 damage.
2008-06-10, 9:41 AM #46
The New Roman Empire launches it's G-bomb at Egopotamia.

RU: 45
2008-06-10, 9:52 AM #47
The Council of Elders of Pomeria have become bored with the current state of affairs and thus fire Pomeria's Burgerbeam at the New Roman Empire, dealing 45 damage and destroying said Empire.

Pomeria currently has 81 RU. Since it is now lacking a Burgerbeam, it will purchase another one.

Arsenal:
1 Burgerbeam (45 Damage)

Treasury:
36 RU

Update: The Council of Elders are now ingesting mind-altering substances and have decided to take further action. Pomeria purchases 3 Robbites for a total of 6 RU, then fires the Burgerbeam and all 3 Robbits at Ma and Pa's War Emporium, dealing 51 damage and destroying it.

Treasury: 30 RU

Pomeria then purchases a Putrid Ballistic Missile for 20 RU and a G-Bomb for 10 RU, and launches both at Kiensland, destroying it.

Pomeria is now broke and self-destructs.

Nations destroyed:
New Roman Empire
Ma and Pa's War Emporium
Kiensland
Pomeria
一个大西瓜
2008-06-10, 10:13 AM #48
Roguelandia, in accordance with the desires of the all-wise Leader, decide that the aggressive tactics of Gebonia must end once and for all, and decide to enact their own sense of ironic justice by destroying Gebonia with its own weapons. They therefore fire their two G's Lucky Strike Missiles at the belligerent nation, destroying it completely.

Remaining Arsenal:

Burgerbeam (45 damage)
1 Pomerian Pomust (1 damage)

Remaining RU's: 40

Nations now destroyed:
New Roman Empire
Ma and Pa's War Emporium
Kiensland
Pomeria
Gebonia
Life is beautiful.
2008-06-10, 10:23 AM #49
Alranicus launches 1 tactical shark cannon and 1 pomerian pomusts at vegimasters mountaintop fortress of mt. veggie! bringing his resource points down to a -1... goodbye mt. veggie! :hist101:

Arsenal:
1 G-bomb (10 damage)
4 pomerian pomusts (1 damage each)

Total resource points:
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2008-06-10, 10:25 AM #50
Roguelandia further decides to purchase two RAB's from the nation of Alranicus, and launches an all out strike on the Grismath Empire. They fire their two RAB's, their Burgerbeam, and a single Pomerian Pomust at the Empire, doing what they hope to be critical damage. Their mathematicians are currently on strike, however, so they don't know if the Grismath Empire was destroyed or not. But they hope that a total of 86 damage will be enough.
Life is beautiful.
2008-06-10, 10:34 AM #51
excelent!!! but of course in response to the aggressive maneuvering towards Lord Grismath the tired alranicus fires hir g-bomb and four remaining pomerian pomusts at Roguelandia

Arsenal:
1 G-bomb (10 damage)
4 pomerian pomusts (1 damage each)

Total resource points:
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2008-06-10, 11:56 AM #52
Um, JM: It's a 30 point weapon... and it cost 60 points to make.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-06-10, 12:17 PM #53
I think you all might have jumped on MAD before a nation-state got destroyed. Fortunately, there's nothing to say you all can't get trigger-happy before that. I'll have to double-check some numbers when I get the chance.

Also, if we are in MAD, you have to remember that you can't go buying new weapons.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2008-06-10, 12:25 PM #54
Jedikirby, Oh, right. Then I destroyed the Zarn Empire even more thoroughly.

Gebohq, we're in MAD. I destroyed the Zarn Empire to start it.
2008-06-10, 12:35 PM #55
Ah, so you're right. Nevermind then. On with MAD! I might have to figure out what happens to those who don't launch like they should in a given time.
2008-06-10, 12:37 PM #56
They get killed.
2008-06-10, 12:37 PM #57
I think that if you want to self-destruct your country you should have to actually nuke yourself.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2008-06-10, 12:56 PM #58
The MacLongnamian Free State launches a kitten into the air with a trebuchet. This is not a response to the recent WMD launches taking place all over the world, but rather a traditional part of the Awesome Day ceremonies held every year on June 10th.

The kitten falls to the ground harmlessly. In the sense that there's no harm to the ground. There is harm to the kitten. Oh man is there harm to the kitten.

Total resource: 75
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-06-10, 3:09 PM #59
Gah, who is still alive!?
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2008-06-10, 3:10 PM #60
We need to do this again once this round is over now that everyone understands the rules a little bit better. :P
Life is beautiful.
2008-06-10, 3:12 PM #61
I decided to do some double-checking. Here's what I got when JM's nation destroyed the Zarn Empire (mostly right, though Gris actually had 10 more points than he thought, maybe some other stuff):

Gebonia = 41
Grismath Empire = 101
Pomeria = 86
Kiensland = 30
Roguelandia = 20
Ma and Pa's war emporium = 70
Vegar = 60
Bobbertopia = 55
MacLongnamian Free State = 75
Egopotamia = 30
Vegienation = 25
Zarn Empire = -25
New Roman Empire = 60
Alranicus = 40

Update with current points soon!
2008-06-10, 3:17 PM #62
Actually, I bought a tactical shark cannon earlier, I have 60 pts
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2008-06-10, 3:23 PM #63
You're right. You all should feel free to double-check my stuff as well. Next time we do this, I'll probably ask everybody (myself included) to update their status, and whomever they're buying from, everytime they post (which people have usually done but I just never outright said it).
2008-06-10, 3:23 PM #64
Well I guess it turns out the Council of Elders in Pomeria were just trippin really hard and none of that stuff in my previous post actually happened.
一个大西瓜
2008-06-10, 3:42 PM #65
Hmmm, does this mean we need to do everything from the destruction of the first state again? I say we just continue on till the end of this and remember the rules for the next round.
Life is beautiful.
2008-06-10, 4:17 PM #66
Here are the numbers as they should be now. Again, I may or may not be wrong, and I'll leave it up to you all how you want to proceed. In any case, Pomeria is doing pretty well... though given the chance, I'll launch all my weapons (burgerbeam and 2 pomusts) at the MacLongnamian Free State. I'd cripple them as much as I can! >.>

Nation-states destroyed:
Zarn Empire = -25
Vegienation = -1

Nation-states remaining:
Gebonia = 17
Grismath Empire = 55
Pomeria = 86
Kiensland = 30
Roguelandia = 6
Vegar = 60
Bobbertopia = 55
MacLongnamian Free State = 28
Egopotamia = 20
New Roman Empire = 45
Alranicus = 40
2008-06-10, 4:43 PM #67
Very well, the nation-state of Roguelandia once again decides to destroy the nation of Gebonia, launching their Burgerbeam at them. They then use their 2 lucky G-strike missiles and a pomerian pomust at Egopotamia, dealing 15 damage.
Life is beautiful.
2008-06-10, 5:31 PM #68
Alright, we'll go with mine then. This means any weapons bough after JM's nation destroyed Zarn's Empire are null. Consider them duds. Just copy/paste this list with your updates when you attack.

Nation-states destroyed:
Zarn Empire = -25
Vegienation = -1
Gebonia = -28

Nation-states remaining:
Grismath Empire = 55
Pomeria = 86
Kiensland = 30
Roguelandia = 6
Vegar = 60
Bobbertopia = 55
Egopotamia = 5
New Roman Empire = 45
Alranicus = 40
2008-06-10, 5:33 PM #69
So I can't buy any weapons, now?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-06-10, 5:41 PM #70
That's the idea. When MAD starts, everybody just launches what they have. Otherwise, the MAD moment would be little different from any other moment in the game.
2008-06-10, 5:58 PM #71
Awakening and arising from their hallucinogenic dream, the Council of Elders launches Pomeria's Burgerbeam at the New Roman Empire for real, destroying it.

Nation-states destroyed:
Zarn Empire = -25
Vegienation = -1
Gebonia = -28
New Roman Empire = 0

Nation-states remaining:
Grismath Empire = 55
Pomeria = 86
Kiensland = 30
Roguelandia = 6
Vegar = 60
Bobbertopia = 55
Egopotamia = 5
Alranicus = 40
一个大西瓜
2008-06-10, 6:19 PM #72
(Psst, Pommy, they're not destroyed at 0, just defenseless.)
2008-06-10, 6:26 PM #73
=___= fine

Someone else blow them up
一个大西瓜
2008-06-10, 7:22 PM #74
Pomeria cannot be allowed to intimidate the world with its 86 resources! Bobbertopia launches it's Burgerbeam at Pomeria dealing 45 damage. Now, who will take on the Emporium?

Nation-states destroyed:
Zarn Empire = -25
Vegienation = -1
Gebonia = -28
New Roman Empire = 0

Nation-states remaining:
Grismath Empire = 55
Pomeria = 41
Kiensland = 30
Roguelandia = 6
Vegar = 60
Bobbertopia = 55
Egopotamia = 5
Alranicus = 40
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2008-06-10, 7:33 PM #75
Ma and Pa's War Emporium is a peaceful little business. We only sell weapons, we don't buy and use weapons. Wouldn't it be best to finish off the violent offenders of the world?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-06-10, 7:36 PM #76
Egopotamia would like to point out that it in fact has 40 resources, not 5.
2008-06-10, 7:45 PM #77
Originally posted by JM:
Egopotamia would like to point out that it in fact has 40 resources, not 5.

You made your Spam weapon = 20
You bought the Dwarf replicator = 30
You bought it again to attack Kirby's nation with = 30
Rogue's nation then attacked you = 15

Since nobody bought your weapon, that leaves you with 5. Even if attacking Kirby with his own weapon was a joke, that'd be 35. Did I miss something?
2008-06-10, 7:50 PM #78
Egopotamia has purchased only one weapon. Egopotamian ambassadors were merely pointing out the uselessness of attacking a nation with it's own weapons.

After a thorough review, Egopotamia's accountants have come up with 25 resources. Some adjustments have been made in the accountant core chain of command.

Unless the attack suffered upon our nation by the first g-bomb was in fact a hallucination, then our accountants say we would have 35 resources.
2008-06-10, 7:55 PM #79
Nope, that should be fine. I missed the one g-bomb attack. The second iteration of this game should go much smoother now that I understand what kinks need to be worked out.
2008-06-10, 7:57 PM #80
FOR IMMEDIATE EXECUTION by agents of the Grismath Empire:

Fire 7 Pomerian Pomusts (7 dmg) at Roguelandia, reducing that state to -1 RU.

Fire 1 G-bomb (10 dmg) at Egopotamia, reducing that state to -5 RU.

( If the International Court of Justice decides that JM actually has 35 RU, then the weapons actually went to the New Roman Empire, reducing THAT state to -10 RU. :P )

Fire 2 RMBSDSYS (40 dmg) at Kiensland, reducing that state to -10 RU.

Fire 1 Putrid Ballistic Missile (20 dmg) and 1 Tactical Shark Cannon (25 dmg) (45 dmg net) at Pomeria, reducing that state to -4 RU.

The Grismath Empire applauds the heroic actions of Alranicus and reaffirms its commitment to defending the independence of the MacLongnamian Free State from wanton aggression. For Peace! For Justice! FOR VICTORY.

THE SCORE:
Nation-states destroyed:
Kiensland = -10
Pomeria = -4
Zarn Empire = -25
Vegienation = -1
Gebonia = -28
New Roman Empire = (-10)?
Egopotamia = (-5)?
Roguelandia = -1

Nation-states remaining: