Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Drugs
Drugs
2004-08-19, 8:24 PM #41
why are you asking? are you a cop?

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-08-19, 8:26 PM #42
yea vincent i hated it when i figured out the reality of how many people in my school do something. My dad used to be a heavy drinker in high school but he quit. he only has a beer on occasion now. And he never drinks anything big. People will change later though.

As for me im drug free.

------------------
"The first thing she said when she got in the car was, Mom i aint a virgin anymore. I slapped the hell out her. I spend all this money for you to go to college and your still saying AINT?!!!?!!" -last comic standing
My Personal Site | Remnant Temple Part A | A work in progress
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-08-19, 8:29 PM #43
I'm 16 (17 on 17 Sep [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] )
I drink... water.
I smoke... hams (ok, not really [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] ).

I'd have to say no -- and (aside from maybe alcoholic beverages, in moderation, when I get that age) I'd like to stay that way

Wait, does Massassi count as a drug?

What about flour in a ziploc bag? (don't let the cops see it [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] )

------------------
nytfyre m0d || f33l t3h p0w3r || t3h l0st c0gz || OMF > *
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-08-19, 8:42 PM #44
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darth Slaw:

I smoke... hams (ok, not really [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] )
</font>

That would be a pretty cool hobby, actually. It can be practically an art.

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.
:master::master::master:
2004-08-19, 11:54 PM #45
I drink soda, so I do caffeine.

I smoke cigarettes, so I do nicotine.

I smoke weed. A lot.

I don't drink as much as I used to.

I've tried opium.

I've tried hash.

I've tried mushrooms.

I've tried acid.

You can't make an informed decision on anything until you've experienced it for yourself. The key to using them is to use them responsibly. As Temperamental said, I'm not putting other people at risk. I don't act retarded. It's the people that do drugs for the wrong reason that end up as vegetables. Acid's fine, but it's not something you do on a daily, or even weekly or monthly basis. It's an experience. Each time is different. You don't do them to escape anything or alter your perceptions of the world to make you enjoy it more. It's all about the experience.

As a side note, until I was 18 I was one of those people that said I was never going to smoke pot or do drugs because the only people that I knew who did became retarded. Then I met people that -weren't- retarded and used drugs recreationally. Changed my opinion. Would it surprise you to know that chances are the vast majority of people you look up to (artists, musicians, actors, etc) smoke pot? Do other drugs? I bet it didn't even occur to you. Does it look like they're ruining themselves?

I spit on all of you that write things off whithout knowing firsthand what you're talking about.

------------------
Baby Mama's Drama
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2004-08-20, 12:14 AM #46
I've tried weed, but it doesn't much for me, so I'd never bother buying it.

I probably look like a bordeline alcoholic from the outside, but quite frankly the drinking cultures of England and The US/Canada are totally different. I think nothing of going out with my mates, knocking back 7 or 8 pints, a couple of tasty chasers (mmmm...tequila), and then going out clubbing and dancing it off. That's a normal type night, 21sts and other special occasions are messier though.

*Shrugs*

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-08-20, 12:47 AM #47
Casual drinker, don't smoke or do any other drugs.

------------------
/fluffle
/fluffle
2004-08-20, 3:03 AM #48
I have smoked a joint here and there, and I've had a Heineken or Jack and Coke here or there...but to be honest, I haven't touched a drug in any form in a month. Not even aspirin.

Though my friend did invite me to do some poppy tea with him. Still considering this.

------------------
There is no signature

[This message has been edited by Dj Yoshi (edited August 20, 2004).]
D E A T H
2004-08-20, 3:21 AM #49
i consume cigarettes, alcohol, weed, LSD, magic mushrooms and ecstacy on a regular basis, i'm having a blast by the way, i haven't killed anyone and i can still determine whats going on in the real world.

i've tried speed and salvia before.... disliked both of them.

oh, and

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I spit on all of you that write things off whithout knowing firsthand what you're talking about.</font>

indeed.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.

[This message has been edited by Septic Yogurt (edited August 20, 2004).]
2004-08-20, 3:46 AM #50
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sats:
Casual drinker, don't smoke or do any other drugs.

</font>

Ditto.

------------------
╔═════════════╦══════════════════╗
║ TheJkWhoSaysNi║ -----@% (Snail racing. ) .║
╠═════════════╩══════════════════╣
║Warning: This post may contain traces of nut║
╚════════════════════════════════╝
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-08-20, 3:54 AM #51
i dont do any of that stuff. ill stick to my pop n cheetos thank you :P

------------------
[teletubbie voice] BIG HUG!!!! [/teletubbie voice]
[teletubbie voice] BIG HUG!!!! [/teletubbie voice]
2004-08-20, 3:56 AM #52
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Temperamental:
I don't do drugs, just weed.

I'll explain why I do it. It's fun, yes. I don't do it for an escape from reality, nor do I act retarded when I smoke pot. I do it as a normal thing such as a person who drinks alcohol would, and I don't endanger anyone but myself. I'm not agressive, mean, or angry when high. And I do not think I need these to hide my real personality, as this is the way I really am. I am not addicted to Marijuana, as I do not find a need to smoke it when I am stressed out, or need it to sleep, eat, have fun, etc. I can have plenty fun without it, as I do quite a few nights of my week. I have never tried nor even considered doing any other drug aside from marijuana, simply because it cannot kill you. It does not lead to other drugs, and has many benefits for people, and I will admit to it being a fun recreational drug. So please, do not form judgement on my personality because I smoke Marijuana, beacuse I am a normal person, who does something that is now practically socially acceptable (meaning, YES, most of the people you know have probably tried or still do smoke Marijuana, or are at least not against it being decriminalized or legalized). [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

No, but seriously, the munchies are great.
</font>

Amen, so long as you have self-control over yourself, it'll remain an entertainement. and when that's achieved... well, marijuana's only side effect (other than the fact you're swallowing smoke) is gaining weight from your munchies =P

------------------
Wake up, rise and shine, Gotta take another pint, Dig heads and watch out for the night.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-08-20, 4:10 AM #53
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SavageX378:
Nope, I have never done drugs and don't plan too. I've drink some light alcoholic beverages before but nothing to heavy. I don't consider drinking bad as long as you do it in moderation and don't do it to get wasted.

-- SavageX

</font>

I whole heartily agree with Savage on the drinking issue. Though I'm underage, and only had a few alchoholic beverages (with my parents permission) I don't plan to drink much when I'm older. Mabey some wine at resturaunts or at home, and possibly the occasional beer. And I won't touch drugs. I never have, never will.

------------------
"Whats your name"
Cody
"No, whats your real name"
Arkon............
Proud member of the Co-op
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2004-08-20, 4:17 AM #54
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I don't drink either, because underaged drinking is for kids with ego problems.</font>

Yay for assumptions BV! I guess that makes 3/4ths of our generation *******s.

I drink...moderately...last saturday and monday were crazy though :P

Reefer...once..twice..maybe three times.

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-08-20, 4:34 AM #55
Dont do drugs dont have intentions of doing em. I see no point to drink, smoke or any of that stuff. Why drink? Its a drink but it can get someone killed why not just drink something else? Now smoking theres not really any side affects (depending on what your smoking). Like Cigarrettes you can get cancer. Now this is just my opinion, I'm not gonna go and treat someone mean because of there decision to do drugs or drink. I just see no reason to do any of that stuff.
Oberfeldwebel says: ..... You are the epitome of idiocy.
2004-08-20, 5:15 AM #56
I'll have a beer now and then, mabe some cider if I'm offered it or I can get away from it, and obviously caffiene, but otherwise I'm clean.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-08-20, 6:00 AM #57
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
You can't make an informed decision on anything until you've experienced it for yourself.
</font>

Pfft. Being raped and strangled to death sucks.

I don't drink, because I can't stand the stuff. I don't smoke, because I can't stand the stuff, again (God it *stinks*, and kissing a smoker really is quite awful), and it's pointless to boot (can't even do stupid things and blame it on alcohol! What a rip!). I don't have enough money as it is...

Ditto drugs. I really don't think they can do anything good for you; you don't hear of people crediting their nobel prizes to all that acid they did. I don't hate people who DO do drugs, or anything, I just view them in the same way as smokers or drinkers; if they want to just throw their money away, fine, but they could at least give some to me! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

My only vices are slurpees and Big Bosses (musk sort of cigarette things; they rock). Slurpees are better than any drug, with the possible exception of cinnamon and sugar on buttered toast...

[edit: I really cannot spell. - Matt]

[This message has been edited by Matthew Pate (edited August 20, 2004).]
2004-08-20, 6:05 AM #58
anyone can get a pretty good idea of strangulation and rape.

you have no idea what effect a chemical will have on your brain until you try it.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-08-20, 6:36 AM #59
Heaps of people have asked 'What's the point?'. Well, let me sum it up in 2 words and leave it at that: It's enjoyable.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-08-20, 7:06 AM #60
You don't need drugs to have a good time, but you can have a good time on drugs.

------------------
Wake up, rise and shine, Gotta take another pint, Dig heads and watch out for the night.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-08-20, 7:10 AM #61
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
why are you asking? are you a cop?

</font>

Good question.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Do I drug?

Of course........NOT</font>

------------------
SpriteMod (JO 2003)
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2004-08-20, 7:12 AM #62
I don't do drugs, I don't drink, I don't smoke, and I don't plan to do any of the three, ever.

------------------
Your humble opinion is wrong.
2004-08-20, 7:30 AM #63
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Though my friend did invite me to do some poppy tea with him. Still considering this.</font>

Is that tea with pot in it?
Some friends of mine did that with hot chocolate. It was such an intense expirience for some of them (one did not feel much and was afraid that it would come into effect next week at school) that they stopped smoking weed.

I join in when a joint goes around (or roll one myself) but mostly only on weekends. I never have anything for myself, it is too expensive IMHO.
I drink when there are better things than beer around but I never drink so much that I have to puke from it.

------------------
Sorry for the lousy English
Sorry for the lousy German
2004-08-20, 8:07 AM #64
I don't drink at all. Drugs don't bother me that much. I've never done any myself, though. Most of my friends do, so I think that's how I developed my acceptance of it. Plus pot has supplied some hilarious events to witness [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif].

------------------
I have a signature.
I have a signature.
2004-08-20, 8:09 AM #65
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Amen, so long as you have self-control over yourself, it'll remain an entertainement. and when that's achieved... well, marijuana's only side effect (other than the fact you're swallowing smoke) is gaining weight from your munchies =P

</font>

So true. I just have to ask though, how many people here even consider Marijuana to be a bad drug anymore, because when people post topics like this, asking if we do drugs or what drugs we do, I dunno what to say. Because I don't even consider Marijuana a drug, as well as most of society nowadays..So when someones like "Do u do dugs?" I usually say "I dont do drugs, just weed". Dave Chapelle couldnt have said it better [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Is that tea with pot in it?
Some friends of mine did that with hot chocolate. It was such an intense expirience for some of them (one did not feel much and was afraid that it would come into effect next week at school) that they stopped smoking weed.</font>

I have never heard of that with Marijuana. I know its possible to eat pot, as youve probably heard about "special" brownies and such.

I think your friends might have done mushrooms there with the whole tea thing, and put the mushrooms inside the tea. That I have heard of in the past. Because Marijuana doesn't provide a really intense feeling, especially out of drinking it. The only thing I can even think of that someone can possible put in a tea is the Marijuana stems, after you peel off all the Marijuana itself, there is still THC inside the stems.

[This message has been edited by Temperamental (edited August 20, 2004).]
2004-08-20, 8:13 AM #66
It's not so much as people considering it a drug, its peoples stupid assumptions about it without trying it. Sure, dont try it, keep yourself a virigin from the stuff. I was like that too. I bashed all of it, till i tried it, and you can't say **** till you actually know what it is like.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-08-20, 8:17 AM #67
Exactly. Because I will admit, that before i even smoked Marijuana, I was dead set against it. I thought it was the devil, and I believed all the stupid campaigns that "Marijuana leads to this...." "It can cause this..." blah blah, but I can tell you, they arent true. You dont realise how much of not only an exaggeration, but how some are even outright lies, (I am talking about the "facts" about Marijuana ppl are told). Most people that are against Marijuana, have never even tried it.
2004-08-20, 8:28 AM #68
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Temperamental:
I have never heard of that with Marijuana. I know its possible to eat pot, as youve probably heard about "special" brownies and such.
</font>

Yes. And they did that with hot chocolate. They said that you could see a layer of it swimming on top.

------------------
2004-08-20, 8:35 AM #69
hm.. From my knowledge, I'd have to say that I am almost willing to bet my life on it that they were using something other than Marijuana in the tea, like mushrooms, or something. Either way, whatever it was, it was not pot.
2004-08-20, 8:39 AM #70
What would stop them from using pot/dope/peace? And it was not tea it was hot chocolate.

------------------
2004-08-20, 8:39 AM #71
I almost walked out in front of a moving bus...the stuff does impare your reaction time...

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-08-20, 8:42 AM #72
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">hm.. From my knowledge, I'd have to say that I am almost willing to bet my life on it that they were using something other than Marijuana in the tea, like mushrooms, or something. Either way, whatever it was, it was not pot.</font>

he said POPPY tea, so I'm guessing opium. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-20, 8:52 AM #73
Heh, in my area pot isn't considered a "drug" anymore, it's so standard it's not even funny.

Though one thing I'm against is the younger kids constantly getting high at school, that just doesn't work. I smoked weed when in high school, but never got into my classes under the influence of anything. And then the same kids wonder why they fail. Pushers should tell off buyers under 16.

------------------
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-08-20, 8:59 AM #74
I've never had any drugs or alcohol except the few drinks that my parents have given me, and even though I'm new to college now I don't plan to start anything.
I've seen my dad fall flat on his face twice after only drinking at one meal. I have no desire to put myself in the same situation.

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-08-20, 9:17 AM #75
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I almost walked out in front of a moving bus...the stuff does impare your reaction time...</font>

Nope. Doesnt impare your reaction time, it makes you "zone out", as i call it, or most people that I know call it. You find yourself not paying attention to certain things, like you space out, not in a bad way where you just go retarded though. I dunno how to explain it, but the people that smoke pot here will know exactly what I mean. Anyways, this zone out effect is what has the effect on your reaction time, not the fact that you are high on pot. Common misperception.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">What would stop them from using pot/dope/peace? And it was not tea it was hot chocolate.</font>

Peace? I've never heard of it refered to even that before. People here call PCP that.. Not Marijuana..

Nothing would really stop them from doing it. It's the effects you described. I'll explain it..

Marijuana comes in a form that looks like a plant to most people, little round buds that are grassy looking. Say you were to just take any bud off a plant, now, this bud once wet, will lose some of its THC content. If you were to say, throw an entire piece of bud into a cup of tea or hot chocolate, most of the THC would pretty much be boiled away or just drenched in the liquid, making it not as effective.

A very strong reaction to Marijuana in tea would require a hell of a lot of Marijuana. And the buzz you get off of ingesting Marijuana instead of smoking it, is more like a body buzz similar to that of Hash. It differs from smoking it and ingesting it.

Marijuana has its strongest reactions when smoked or inhaled. The THC is all completely used, as everything is inhaled instead of absorbed.

The reaction from either smoking or ingesting pot will never be strong, unless the Marijuana is laced, or another drug is mixed in with it.

2004-08-20, 9:29 AM #76
I used to be a complete straight edge. I thought drinking was completely stupid, and smoking even worse.

But recently, I've been finding myself drunk almost every night. Oh, and stoned alot too. Heck, I'm even doing it at work. (I work at a snack bar for a vacation/golf resort) We had to stop though, we were getting too many complaints of the cafe reaking of weed. Drinking at work, just enough to get a buzz, is a common occurance still.

My work got it all started. The resort (Point Sebago) is THE party work feild. All the different groups working (Mainly Activities and the Cafe.. Cafe is known to be alot more Hardcore.) are teenagers and freinds. So .. it's all good times. My first year working I stayed away from it all. Second year, I invited my best freind to come work there as well, because I had so much fun even away from the drugs and alchohol. We both managed to stay away from it again. But the third year, me and him broke down. Partying and more partying.. and it went down hill from there.

I do alot of stuff, but I maintain a good self respectable public image. I have a good job, I am one of the Supervisors. Am am so good actually, either the Assistant Manager or I are required to work the night shift by the owners of the Resort to help the Cafe maintain a respectable image, without either of us working the place would be a mess and there would be tons of complaints.

I am going to school in a week to study Buisiness and eventually open my own restuaraunt/bar. I have a freind who's going to train to become a bartender and said she'd work for me if I did manage to obtain my goal of openeing a restaurant/bar.

I have alot of freinds, and I'm enjoying life. Just because I do bad things, does not mean in anyway I cannot live a successful and happy life. I could live without the booze and drugs, but I like living in the edge. I do them because I want to. You can say I just have ego problems, I'm trying to compensate for something missing in my life, or am insecure with myself; screw you, I could care less what people think of me. I know who I am, and what I am. I will do whatever I want, you got a problem with it, that's your problem, not mine.

You could say I'm living a double life. My day I'm a good hard working kid, but night I'm a drunk, stoned theif.
2004-08-20, 9:36 AM #77
Caffiene. Lots.

------------------
"Dalton, that pie just moved of it's own accord."

"You must be mistaken, Tess. A pie can't move."
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-08-20, 10:11 AM #78
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Matthew Pate:
if [drug users] want to just throw their money away, fine, but they could at least give some to me! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]]</font>

What are you talking about? Compared to America, they're practically giving weed away down there.

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.
:master::master::master:
2004-08-20, 10:18 AM #79
I don't do any illegal substances. I used to smoke, but I stoped after like 2 or 3 months. I injest caffiene on an hou . . . I mean daily basis. And I drink . . . a little bit since I am now 21, like 2 margaritas in the last 3 weeks . . I don't think have any sort of problem there.

------------------
"I like my women how I like my coffee, in a plastic cup." - Eddie Izzard
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2004-08-20, 10:53 AM #80
I don't do drugs and never will. Some of my friends look absolutely flabbergasted when I tell them I don't drink... since we're all 16 we shouldn't be anyway and I have no interest in drinking anyway. All very stupid people sometimes.

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"

How to keep an idiot busy: See below
How to keep an idiot busy: See above
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets

↑ Up to the top!