Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Drugs
Drugs
2004-08-20, 10:55 AM #81
I don't do drugs and never will. Some of my friends look absolutely flabbergasted when I tell them I don't drink... since we're all 16 we shouldn't be anyway and I have no interest in drinking anyway. All very stupid people sometimes. They come into school going "Oh wow I got absolutely wasted over the weekend." Good for you - you won't be bragging when you and a girl get wasted and start making things you shouldn't be... you know what I mean, and it very nearly happened to someone I know.

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"

How to keep an idiot busy: See below
How to keep an idiot busy: See above
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-08-20, 12:30 PM #82
I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs.

I tried nitrous oxide (laughing gas) once though; it was pretty fun. Everything becomes really funny.

------------------
Four dimensions, four fundamental forces... coincidence?
Stuff
2004-08-20, 12:39 PM #83
Poppy tea is opium pod tea. My friend says it's amazingly relaxing. I've thought about trying it, still unsure.

Weed is nice if you can find decent stuff. Here it's fairly cheap, but like I said, I haven't done it in forever. It's a nice mellowing out though.

I agree with Ubuu--it slows your reaction time, A LOT. After having done a blunt even with a few friends once, it was like I was in another world. Everything was going so slowly. This was my third time only. So yeah, it does affect your reaction time.

I only do it to relax, never drink to get drunk or get plastered high (except that one time, that wasn't intentional though). I just like to relax, because until I do, I worry all the time. My mind runs at a million miles a minute over a lot of things. It's also a good party thing--fun to do with friends.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-20, 12:51 PM #84
Eh, just caffeine, and rarely that. Gotta agree with Matthew Pate on the Slurpees, though.

------------------
"Why aren't I'm using at these pictures?" - Cloud, 4/14/02
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2004-08-20, 10:00 PM #85
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Poppy tea is opium pod tea. My friend says it's amazingly relaxing. I've thought about trying it, still unsure.</font>

Opium HA! Told ya so [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

Yeah Opium calms the body, it's just what it does [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]. It comes from poppy (I think)...yeah those little black things in your poppyseed muffins.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-20, 11:04 PM #86
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolvie17:
i dont do any of that stuff. ill stick to my pop n cheetos thank you :P</font>

Sigh, if only I could find a girl like you around here.

Can someone please clear something up for me:
I've heard that the teenage brain will not become fully mature until a certain age, and taking drugs or smoking weed etc during its maturing process will hinder its progress. Is there any merit to this claim? If so, what is the golden age?

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.dreamtheater.net/disco_dreamtheater.php?s=sfam" TARGET=_blank> "Our deeds have traveled far,
What we have been is what we are."</A>
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2004-08-21, 1:28 AM #87
I don't do drugs, don't drink alchohol and don't smoke!!!!!
And NEVER will!!!!!

------------------
I'm the first MASSaSSiAN from Estonia!!:)
DEFINITION OF ZERO POINT ENERGY
The amount of vibrational energy associated with matter, as the parameters defining that matter decline to zero.
2004-08-21, 3:03 AM #88
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Acharjay:
Can someone please clear something up for me: I've heard that the teenage brain will not become fully mature until a certain age, and taking drugs or smoking weed etc during its maturing process will hinder its progress. Is there any merit to this claim? If so, what is the golden age?
</font>

I believe the "golden age" you're looking for falls between 22 and 26. This is when the brain stops growing (however, it continues to adapt after this, it is forever dynamic). There's a bit of truth to it. Drugs tend to mimic natural chemicals in the brain, and excessive use of those substances alters your brain's perception of and responses to your environment.

------------------
Roach - Gyring and gimbling in the wabe...
0 of 14.

[This message has been edited by Roach (edited August 21, 2004).]
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-08-21, 3:13 AM #89
I drink on occasion -- never while at home. None of my friends there drink, so what's the point?

I've smoked a couple of cigars, and that's it. Don't really care to try any other drugs (marijuana and above) simply because...I don't care to.

------------------
<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
<jipe> .. yes, Ubuu, we're racist commy nazi jews, and we hate male pattern baldness
<Professor`K> Sorry, but half-way through your logic, my head exploded
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-08-21, 3:17 AM #90
if anything drugs expand the mind and perception.

bill hicks was the one who said drugs are around to speed up our evolutionary process or something, i'd be inclined to agree, they teach you a lot about yourself and the world thanks to the different spin they put on things.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-08-21, 3:27 AM #91
They also put stress on your neuro system, and dull the mind to normal stimuli with excessive use.

------------------
0 of 14.

[This message has been edited by Roach (edited August 21, 2004).]
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-08-21, 6:39 AM #92
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Acharjay:
Sigh, if only I could find a girl like you around here.

Can someone please clear something up for me:
I've heard that the teenage brain will not become fully mature until a certain age, and taking drugs or smoking weed etc during its maturing process will hinder its progress. Is there any merit to this claim? If so, what is the golden age?

</font>

I would post this really good article, but it's on a warez site. You've got mail.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-21, 8:22 AM #93
I don't do drugs or drink alcoholic beverages.
2004-08-21, 10:05 AM #94
See, when you guys are all sayin these bad things about drugs and stuff.... What drugs are you exactly talking about? Because Marijuana falls into none of these categories...
2004-08-21, 10:30 AM #95
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Martyn:
I've tried weed, but it doesn't much for me, so I'd never bother buying it.
</font>

Trust me, if you tried weed and it didn't do much for you, then you didn't smoke it right.

------------------
"If there's one thing I've learned it's this - you just can't shake hands with a fist" - David Allen Coe
2004-08-21, 11:11 AM #96
You want to know why i don't smoke/drink/etc.? Simply because I don't want to. I have no hidden agendas, no meaningless statistics to pull out of my *** , no startling revelations. I just don't want to. So, if you want to say I'm being a close-minded prick for not using some type of drug, go ahead. I really don't care. In the end, all you're doing is making yourself seem as intollerable as those you're attacking.

------------------
Some of you should learn to think a bit and discover - *gasp* - that someone can dislike Michael Moore, Kerry, and Bush!
-Wolfy
2004-08-21, 11:26 AM #97
Who exactly are you speaking to?...
2004-08-21, 12:47 PM #98
Thanks Yoshi.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.dreamtheater.net/disco_dreamtheater.php?s=sfam" TARGET=_blank> "Our deeds have traveled far,
What we have been is what we are."</A>
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2004-08-21, 1:11 PM #99
Let's see...

I've been known to smoke a cigar in celebration every so often... Though you don't inhale cigars, so I'm only promoting mouth and throat cancer.

Drinking for me is a social activity. I find enjoyment in all aspects of my life (except for volumes of CDCs, no man can enjoy homework), drinking just makes it all funnier. If you want to simulate a drinking experience without drinking, I'd recommend staying up for 24 hours or so and then go partying. The biggest difference is that when drinking you tend to pass out after you run out of stimuli (rather than in the middle of walking).

Also, I subscribe to the belief that drinking helps to streamline the brain. Sure, it kills off brain cells, but the first ones to die are the slow and weak ones. And a device can only work as fast as its slowest link.

As for drugs, I really have no interest. Also, the Air Force tells me that I'm not supposed to do them. And while they have various substance abuse programs, I really am not in the mood to risk my job and/or 2 or more years in a military prison. And garnished wages suck, too.

But that's just my 2 cents.

[This message has been edited by Antestarr (edited August 21, 2004).]
Pereant qui ante nos nostra dixerunt.
2004-08-21, 3:03 PM #100
Nope. Doesnt impare your reaction time, it makes you "zone out", as i call it, or most people that I know call it. You find yourself not paying attention to certain things, like you space out, not in a bad way where you just go retarded though. I dunno how to explain it, but the people that smoke pot here will know exactly what I mean. Anyways, this zone out effect is what has the effect on your reaction time, not the fact that you are high on pot. Common misperception. - Temperamental

OH AND UH WHAT THE HELL IS THE DIFFERENCE????!?!?!?!

BTW i dont really have any problems with people that do drugs. Thats there thing. If they can't be happy by just living normally than it's there problem. I'm just not going to do them because it's my own moral principle.

edit:Oh yea i do have one problem with drug people. The jackoffs that do drugs, start driving, and kill someone by crashing but they live. Those people deserve to be lined up and shot. Because they're to stupid to realize that they are way to stoned to drive.

Otherwise go smoke ur brain out or whatever.

------------------
"The first thing she said when she got in the car was, Mom i aint a virgin anymore. I slapped the hell out her. I spend all this money for you to go to college and your still saying AINT?!!!?!!" -last comic standing
My Personal Site | Remnant Temple Part A | A work in progress

[This message has been edited by Prince Xizor (edited August 21, 2004).]
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-08-21, 3:12 PM #101
"BTW i dont really have any problems with people that do drugs. Thats there thing. If they can't be happy by just living normally than it's there problem. I'm just not going to do them because it's my own moral principle."

See this is the kind of ignorant bullcrap that we get annoyed at. You assume that we aren't happy because we take drugs! Thats ****in ridiculous. I could say that you aren't happy with your life because you play video games! Whats wrong your real life isn't exciting enough so you turn to video games..thats what I thought you nintendo head loser (SARCASM)

------------------
"If there's one thing I've learned it's this - you just can't shake hands with a fist" - David Allen Coe
2004-08-21, 4:01 PM #102
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JediHunter_X:
You want to know why i don't smoke/drink/etc.? Simply because I don't want to. I have no hidden agendas, no meaningless statistics to pull out of my *** , no startling revelations. I just don't want to. So, if you want to say I'm being a close-minded prick for not using some type of drug, go ahead. I really don't care. In the end, all you're doing is making yourself seem as intollerable as those you're attacking.

</font>

This comment attracted my attention...

why are you so furious? you seem like you want to spark annoyance in drug users and make them pissed off at your opinions.

people not taking drugs is their own choice, as much as it is the choice of a vegetarian not to eat meat or a hardcore punk never to be happy.

In the end, i'll use the phrase "close minded prick" to describe the people who automatically think a difference in lifestyle or opinion is gonna end in agressive argument or conflict.

Really.... you should try smoking some weed :P it would probablys calm you down. (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, SEE THAT JOKE).

And on another note, your post made me feel that you are intolerant towards tolerance to the views of others, since your ideas seem to point towards the fact drug users are gonna pick you to bits on the pointless ideas you put forward.

------------------
2004-08-21, 4:22 PM #103
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Septic Yogurt:
...since your ideas seem to point towards the fact drug users are gonna pick you to bits on the pointless ideas you put forward.
</font>

Hmmm...could that be what he was talking about?

------------------
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-08-21, 4:27 PM #104
everyones ideas are pointless... they're all relative and destined to die out eventually.

------------------
2004-08-21, 4:46 PM #105
Just for the record, I disagree with everything spe has said, and he eats babies too.

------------------
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-08-21, 4:47 PM #106
THERE IS NO BETTER SOURCE OF PROTEIN DAMMIT.

------------------
2004-08-21, 5:41 PM #107
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
Yeah Opium calms the body, it's just what it does [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]. It comes from poppy (I think)...yeah those little black things in your poppyseed muffins.</font>

Opium is a depressent, same as alchohol and nicotine. And yes, it is from poppy plants. which is why you may hear it occationally said that you shouldn't eat a poppyseed bagel before having a blood test (no idea if there is enough opium in a bagel to trip it, i've just heard it said)

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²[/i]
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-08-21, 5:44 PM #108
nicotine is a depressant?

just made me feel addiced to nicotine.

i don't find that depressing.... in fact, i'm quite happy with the fact, since if otherwise, i'd be a weirdo for smoking and not being addicted.

------------------
2004-08-21, 7:53 PM #109
One poppyseed bagel probably won't throw off a drug test. But toying with fate is not good, at any rate.

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.
:master::master::master:
2004-08-21, 9:49 PM #110
It DOES throw off a blood test--Various reports say that it does. Even though they're really damned good, too. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

But yeah, it'd be interesting to try, and the fact that there's no addiction of any sort is the main reason I'd want to (at least not for your first few times). I wouldn't do it too much though.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-21, 11:23 PM #111
Opium gooooood.

------------------
Baby Mama's Drama
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2004-08-22, 2:21 AM #112
why not just skip straight to injecting heroin? cutting out the middle man worked in trainspotting.

------------------
2004-08-22, 3:08 AM #113
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
you have no idea what effect a chemical will have on your brain until you try it.
</font>

Fine! Cyanide! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

I think it's better just to not try it; I mean, I'm sure heroin is pleasurable, but it's easier to not take it now, when that fact is merely assumed, than after I've taken it and I just *need* to have it again.

Quote:
Heaps of people have asked 'What's the point?'. Well, let me sum it up in 2 words and leave it at that: It's enjoyable.
</font>

Nothing feels like having money!

Quote:
Nope. Doesnt impare your reaction time, it makes you "zone out", as i call it, or most people that I know call it. You find yourself not paying attention to certain things, like you space out, not in a bad way where you just go retarded though. I dunno how to explain it, but the people that smoke pot here will know exactly what I mean. Anyways, this zone out effect is what has the effect on your reaction time, not the fact that you are high on pot. Common misperception.
</font>

Err... so being high causes you to zone out which impairs your reactions, but being high doesn't have anything to do with impairing your reactions? I suppose being drunk doesn't impair your reactions either.

If you want to do drugs, fine, but don't pretend they can't have side effects. I've had friends totally screwed up by drugs (ecstasy, even heroin in one case) so to pretend that drugs are fantastic and are only illegal due to the Nefarious Man is as insulting as to suggest that cigarettes don't cause lung cancer.

Too many people in this thread seem to assume that anyone who does not do drugs is some sort of close minded Luddite, or are so straight-laced they can't even Jaywalk. I don't do drugs for the same reason I don't smoke (despite its legality and increased social acceptance); it's no good for you and you get to pay for the privilege of destroying your body. No thanks. Those who want to do so are welcome to it, but please don't stink in public places (this goes for people who don't smoke or do drugs but don't bathe, either!)

Quote:
What are you talking about? Compared to America, they're practically giving weed away down there.
</font>

While I confess an unfamiliarity with the current street price, from what I've gathered it is more expensive than cigarettes, and I would certainly consider buying them to be throwing your money away. At any rate, I was talking about drugs in general, not specifically marijuana.

Quote:
nicotine is a depressant?

just made me feel addiced to nicotine.

i don't find that depressing....
</font>

No, it means that it depresses the body, not your mind; that is, you'll have slower reflexes, feel tired etc. As opposed to caffeine or ecstasy which are stimulants.
2004-08-22, 3:21 AM #114
ok then, i better pop a pill everytime i have a cigarette then! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
2004-08-22, 5:51 AM #115
hehe, Friend of a friend went to buy some shrooms, 15 min later they came out of the house, looked in the bag and found out they bought a $180 bag of peanuts!

well, thats my useless story.

------------------
Inter arma silent leges
The Gas Station
2004-08-22, 6:01 AM #116
paying $180 for something which you can pick from anywhere damp and shady at a given time of the year is daft anyway.

------------------
2004-08-22, 9:30 AM #117
Ahh too much misinformation!

Nicotine in your body can work as a stimulant or a depressant, depending on dose and your habit of use.

Opium, belive it or not, is an opiate, not a depressant (same family as morphine, heroin etc)

------------------
2004-08-22, 10:09 AM #118
Quote:
I've tried weed, but it doesn't much for me, so I'd never bother buying it...

Trust me, if you tried weed and it didn't do much for you, then you didn't smoke it right.
</font>

I've tried a few times, and yeah I don't smoke, so might you be right there, but I've had a monster fat piece of special cake, and that was so loaded, that when it kicked in (like an hour and a half later), we got the giggles for about half an hour, then just passed out!

Whoops.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-08-22, 12:52 PM #119
Matt--why are you trying to convince people that what they're doing is wrong? Seriously. You could say "Having money feels great!" for anything. Hell why'd you buy a computer? That's 700 bucks you could have spent on other things. You gotta draw the line somewhere. They just have a different distance.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-22, 2:20 PM #120
Quote:
Matt--why are you trying to convince people that what they're doing is wrong? Seriously. You could say "Having money feels great!" for anything.
</font>

I'm not... I'm saying that's my reasoning for not doing drugs. I mentioned several times that people should do what they like, as long as they don't lie to themselves or others about the consequences.

A computer is more worthwhile than anything consumable that you don't require to live, anyway, since it lasts for years and you can do heaps of stuff with it. Hell, my computer is probably the thing I've got the most money's worth out of.

↑ Up to the top!