Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → the 411 on Laboratory
the 411 on Laboratory
2004-08-12, 3:53 PM #121
I get Laboratory!
2004-08-12, 11:44 PM #122
Alright, I've been avoiding thisthred for the past few days, cause I have been worried about what hurtful and uncalled for remarks might be on here, and my stupid A** had to come and look anyway. First of all, you should be ashamed of yourselves. (Atleast the people knocking me) And as for the hard drive re-formats... DO U HONESTLY THINK I WOULD GO BACK AND REMAKE THE ENTIRE FIRST LEVEL IF IT WASN'T ERASED??? DO U THINK ONE DAY I WAS JUST LIKE.. HMMM I DON'T WANNA WORK ON LAB ANYMORE... I KNOW.. I'LL GO BACK AND REMAKE THE WHOLE THING, AND JUST SAY THAT IT GOT ERASED... THAT WAY I DON'T HAVE TO WORK ON IT... Grow up. Second of all, how can u say it's a rip off of Aliens when you don't even know what the damn story is about. Some of you people are really making me question why I even bother with anything on this site. It's an out dated game, and I hate Star Wars to begin with. I don't get paid for doing it, unless you count all the harsh things that are said about my work... And why do you think I'd be like "I hyped it so much, how can I quit without making poeple mad" Do you think i care what a bunch of people on the internet think about me.. if I wanted to quit.. I would just quit.

------------------
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-08-13, 3:18 AM #123
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mister_Sinister:
I get Laboratory!</font>

No of course not!!!

------------------
SpriteMod (JO 2003)
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2004-08-13, 9:02 AM #124
Spiral, the mere fact that someone would offer you ONE MILLION DOLLARS for a not-so-original story line is ridiculous. Either you're full of ****, or the guy is trying to scam you somehow.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-08-13, 11:53 AM #125
It just seems fishy, and because it seems fishy, I think someone is lying out their *******s. Because no one would want a not-so-original storyline, leads me to believe that no one would want 1,000,000 dollars for it, which would lead me to believe no one would want to scam someone for such a story, thus I think this amazing magical wizard of a millionare is a figment, and you're lying.

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-13, 12:27 PM #126
Maybe you're not lying, but do you consider your story to be worth one million dollars. I will not judge its originality, I haven't seen/read it. Do you consider it original/good enough to potentially be worth that huge sum of money? If your answer is probably not... then this offer is most likely too good to be true.

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-08-13, 12:33 PM #127
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by saberopus:
Maybe you're not lying, but do you consider your story to be worth one million dollars. I will not judge its originality, I haven't seen/read it. Do you consider it original/good enough to potentially be worth that huge sum of money? If your answer is probably not... then this offer is most likely too good to be true.</font>
*puts pinky to corner of mouth*

One million dollars!

...[That's how I read it, I couldn't resist [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] ]
2004-08-13, 1:03 PM #128
And in addition to Sab's post, how could you expect us to believe it? I'll eat my hat if you're not lying, because I can easily admit when I'm wrong, but for now, I think you don't want to release, or at least, you aren't going to be done in time for the promised release date.

JediKirby

------------------

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-13, 1:14 PM #129
Kirby... just give it a rest... I announced the release date like 5 days before I found this out... if I didn't think it could be done by the release date, I wouldn't have set it in Sept.

------------------
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-08-13, 1:15 PM #130
You're not understanding my argument. That's your problem. Understand WHY I don't believe you. Whether I'm right or not really doesn't matter until we've got proof of something. Until I have proof, I can't really just "Give it a rest." It's my opinion, and I'll have it until my opinion is proven wrong.

JediKirby

------------------

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-13, 1:23 PM #131
So is there any update on the legal situation?

------------------
Member of the Minnessassian Council
2004-08-13, 1:32 PM #132
Ever since ToaM 2 came out, I haven't even cared about the JK editing community. This post has nothing to do with Laboratory, the game mod.

Your situation is pretty weird. I am trying to be objective even though there is a voice in the back of my mind, saying "wow, this is some sort of BIG joke." My problem as an outsider to this case is the vagueness in presentation of the "wealthy individual."

I have a few questions. These don't have to be answered but one to assist sometimes needs assistance . . .

1. How is this guy wealthy?
2. Is it probable that he has access to $1 million?
3. Has he provided you the names of his legal staff?

The first idea that popped in my head was to get a lawyer. He can talk to the dude's lawyers and solve the legal issues in a fair domain.

Have you talked to your parents and/or guardians about this?

This might be too much, but an opportunity is like Francium. It's rare but powerful.

Take the money unless you feel that Laboratory has a future and shouldn't be sold to the highest bidder.

2004-08-22, 3:12 PM #133
Spiral's right, stop accusing him and insulting him. I would LIKE Laboratory to be released, but if there is really a huge money offer for the story, I'd say go for it. And if it turned out to be a scam you wouldn't need to follow the contract since they didn't fulfill their side of it, so you could release Laboratory. If it's real, then you get a million dollars.

------------------
Folder: LucasArts
Size: 5.89 GB (6,333,670,164 bytes)
Size on Disk: 3.87 GB (4,163,332,437 bytes)
Contains: 28,455 Files, 1165 Folders
Last Updated: 8/9/04
Folder: LucasArts
Size: 7.41 GB (7,957,329,759 bytes)
Size on Disk: 5.16 GB (5,544,473,484 bytes)
Contains: 28,807 Files, 1187 Folders
Last Updated: 3/29/05
2004-08-22, 3:20 PM #134
Hm, no updates for a week! I think this calls for...

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Freelancer:
I think that guy must have killed Spiral and stolen his wallet by now.

</font>

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-08-22, 4:02 PM #135
I still don't know the exact reasons why this mod stopped. I would like details. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (I don't know why I have this still in my sig)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-22, 4:06 PM #136
good lord, people.

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-08-22, 4:18 PM #137
I have no idea why this thread was revived but I think I'll say a few things since it is up again. Personally, I think this is a load of BS. Like mentioned already, this just doesn't add up. It's not realistic at all, making is very difficult to believe. I have a feeling that due to Spiral's avoidance of this whole situation and lack of providing any details that Spiral is lying through his teeth. Until I see some REAL evidence that this is legit, you aren't fooling me for one second, Spiral.

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://geocities.com/savagex378
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-08-22, 5:29 PM #138
Good for you, I don't care, I am done with this thred.

------------------
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-08-22, 5:32 PM #139
Spiral--email me at djyoshi a,t gmail dawt cawm

Your email isn't on file, so I'll just respond with my questions.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-22, 5:36 PM #140
*taps foor impatiently*

------------------
Uruk Hai 1: *sniffs*
Uruk Hai 2: What do you smell!?
Uruk Hai 1: MANFLESH!
Proud Member of the Minnessassian Council
2004-08-22, 6:16 PM #141
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spiral:
Good for you, I don't care, I am done with this thred.

</font>

Translation: I want this thread to die so I can avoid the fact that I was wrong.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-08-22, 7:10 PM #142
Agreed SavageX, and agreed freelancer.

If this guy were a hoax, you'd just tell us. But because you're "done with this thread" you're obviously lying. That's a bit depressing.

JediKirby

------------------

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-22, 7:26 PM #143
Actually, that is true.

JK/MotS level community died after TOAM2 was released.

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-08-22, 7:28 PM #144
I don't know about the Laboratory script, but I think this silly little melodrama might make a good movie. Well, direct to video.

------------------
"The moral of the story? No means no, especially when it comes to the English language. It's not into the kinky stuff you want it to do, and therefore you should not force it." - Darko
"The moral of the story? No means no, especially when it comes to the English language. It's not into the kinky stuff you want it to do, and therefore you should not force it." - Darko
2004-08-22, 7:55 PM #145
I am not lying to my knowledge....
I don't appreciate the accusations....
The reason I am done with this thread is not because I am lying, it is because it is accomplishing nothing... I am not getting any new info out there for my "avid fans", all that it is doing is making me mad that everyone is calling me a liar, why would I want to keep checking back to see how many more people will call me a liar.

-also, i am teling everything that was told to me.. i can't be responsible for what an individual has told me (that he wants to buy it).

If he's lying, he's lying.. I don't see why everyone is getting so offended by it.

umm.. what else.

I have noticed that some people are still making levels for the Lab contest. this is good. As I said before, it's not canceled.. just delayed. I encourage everyone to continue work on their levels.

I talked with the guy today, and he told me that he should have everything worked out in about 6 months. So at that time, I will let everyone know what happened.

um... I'm going to continue work on Laboratory, so incase he is no on the level I wouldn't have wasted 6 months on this.

I think that's all I have to say.

[This message has been edited by Spiral (edited August 22, 2004).]
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-08-22, 11:37 PM #146
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Originally posted by Gordon Farcus:
I don't know about the Laboratory script, but I think this silly little melodrama might make a good movie. Well, direct to video.
</font>

Ziiiiing! Motion seconded [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

-Jackpot

------------------
"lucky_jackpot is the smily god..." - gothicX
"jackpot is an evil evil man... so evil, in fact, that he's awesome." - Seb

"Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand in stone,
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own"
("Ye Wearie Wayfarer" - by Adam Lindsay Gordon)
"lucky_jackpot is the smily god..." -gothicX
"Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand in stone,
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own"
- "Ye Wearie Wayfarer"
|| AI Builder: compatible with both JK & MotS || My website ||
2004-08-23, 10:59 AM #147
Did you ask him if you could release the mod anyway, since it's free, and for a 7 year old game? I can't see why he'd have a problem with it. It would be a real shame to have worked on it so long, and then never release it.

------------------
A little less conversation, a little more action
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-08-23, 11:25 AM #148
it's not canceled

------------------
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-08-23, 11:42 AM #149
So, the question is: Why aren't you releasing it for when it was sceduled? This month? If it isn't canceled, than, shouldn't you be able to release it when sceduled? As well, if this isn't a crock of ****, you NEED A LAWYER.

And I really wish you'd take a step back, and quit being so immature. Take a look at what we're being told. It's quite hard to believe. Especially with your actions as of late. Do you think people are going to go against their common sense?

JediKirby

------------------

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ

↑ Up to the top!