Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Religion?
Religion?
2004-08-19, 10:26 AM #1
Well, I'm a bit curious about the make up of the religions or lack thereof for Massassi. So, using GBK's handy poll script, an actual check might happen.

Your religion?

If you want, go ahead and post your response here. It's just easier to use the poll to keep an actual count.
2004-08-19, 10:35 AM #2
Christian here.

I am not going to post why, because it will start a flame war...maybe even with other Christians because I have different beliefs then the "normal" Christian beliefs.

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-08-19, 10:45 AM #3
Jewish would be the closest I guess.

------------------
I have a signature.
I have a signature.
2004-08-19, 10:51 AM #4
Christian. I'm still finding my feet though, it's an ongoing process.

Oh and how long before someone on here says 'Jedi?' We had one in our shop once, very mad, but hey, each according to his own or however it goes.

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"

How to keep an idiot busy: See below
How to keep an idiot busy: See above

[This message has been edited by Gee_4ce (edited August 19, 2004).]
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-08-19, 10:52 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BurrBoy:
Christian here.

I am not going to post why, because it will start a flame war...maybe even with other Christians because I have different beliefs then the "normal" Christian beliefs.

</font>

Well since this is a topic requiring some maturity anyway (I hope) maybe you could share your beliefs - I'm up for a good debate, and you never know who you might sway either... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"

How to keep an idiot busy: See below
How to keep an idiot busy: See above
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-08-19, 10:54 AM #6
Roman Catholic (Christian)

------------------
nytfyre m0d || f33l t3h p0w3r || t3h l0st c0gz || OMF > *

[This message has been edited by Darth Slaw (edited August 19, 2004).]
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-08-19, 10:57 AM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darth Slaw:

</font>

same

------------------
Excuse me sonny, do you know where I can find some booty?
"Too bad stupidity doesn't actually kill"

"No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide."^"I say never be complete...I say let's evolve." ** Fight Club**
2004-08-19, 11:09 AM #8
Christian is pretty general as there are so many denominations

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-19, 11:14 AM #9
Non-denominational Christian
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-08-19, 11:28 AM #10
Uh, 'Pagan' just means 'not Christian'. When Christianity came to Britain, it was used almost exclusively to mean the Wiccan religion that was popular throughout the country.

Also I think Buddhism probably has more 'denominations'. Or possibly Hinduism, with families or communities chosing one of the many avatars of Braham to worship.

I'm curious who the lone Muslim is. I didn't expect there to be many non-Christians here.

[This message has been edited by Mort-Hog (edited August 19, 2004).]
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-08-19, 11:30 AM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
Non-denominational Christian</font>

Me.

h8 religion.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-19, 11:32 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darth Slaw:
</font>

ditto

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-08-19, 11:38 AM #13
None. Athiest isn't a religion :P

------------------
╔═════════════╦══════════════════╗
║ TheJkWhoSaysNi║ -----@% (Snail racing. ) .║
╠═════════════╩══════════════════╣
║Warning: This post may contain traces of nut║
╚════════════════════════════════╝
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-08-19, 11:43 AM #14
Christian (Baptist)

------------------
"The quality of the levels you make is determined by the skill of the person not by the editor in which they use!"
-Michael Kyle

MAK Studios 3D
2004-08-19, 12:47 PM #15
[Christian, but I'm not sparking a flame war]

[This message has been edited by Sine Nomen (edited August 19, 2004).]
2004-08-19, 12:55 PM #16
I'm Christian. I was raised Baptist, but now that seems a bit old fashioned to me. Even though I don't really consider myself a Baptist anymore, I still do consider myself a Christian.

------------------
Bellorna-sa ecto mandaba-fa?
Bellorna-sa ecto mandaba-fa?
2004-08-19, 12:57 PM #17
Was baptised protestant, but I be agnostic.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-08-19, 12:57 PM #18
Non-denominational Christian

------------------
Some of you should learn to think a bit and discover - *gasp* - that someone can dislike Michael Moore, Kerry, and Bush!
-Wolfy
2004-08-19, 1:01 PM #19
What exactly is agnostic?

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-08-19, 1:02 PM #20
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=agnostic

Basically means "I can't make my mind up so i'll sit on the fence" [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
╔═════════════╦══════════λ 2;═══════╗
║ TheJkWhoSaysNi║ -----@% (Snail racing. ) .║
╠═════════════╩══════════λ 2;═══════╣
║Warning: This post may contain traces of nut║
╚════════════════════════λ 2;═══════╝

[This message has been edited by TheJkWhoSaysNi (edited August 19, 2004).]
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-08-19, 1:05 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TheJkWhoSaysNi:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=agnostic

Basically means "I can't make my mind up so i'll sit on the fence" [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

</font>

More like "I don't pretend to know everything."

------------------
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-08-19, 1:07 PM #22
Ooh, I wanna be that!

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-08-19, 1:08 PM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
I'm curious who the lone Muslim is. I didn't expect there to be many non-Christians here.</font>

Wolvie17. And atheists are numerous at Massassi. If the religion forum was still up, it would be more than evident.

Gah. I want to change my vote. I voted atheist but that's not true. I'm not atheist, I just don't give a ****.
------------------
Debating politics on the internet is about as useful and productive as shoving a broomstick up your *** .

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited August 19, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-08-19, 1:10 PM #24
I miss the Religious forum.

------------------
2004-08-19, 1:10 PM #25
Yeah wolvie is muslim, but there was another one. I just don't remember who.

------------------
2004-08-19, 1:11 PM #26
[If I don't like flame wars, maybe I should just ignore stupid comments!]

Agnostic, happy and moral thank you very much [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

[This message has been edited by Sine Nomen (edited August 19, 2004).]
2004-08-19, 1:16 PM #27
Thank you so very VERY much for spelling Atheist right. As a grammar nazi, it's one of the most annoying things. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
More like "I don't pretend to know everything."</font>

That was a little bit out of line. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-08-19, 1:18 PM #28
What? It's a great definition.

------------------
2004-08-19, 1:22 PM #29
Quote:
Yeah wolvie is muslim, but there was another one. I just don't remember who.</font>

Get Rumsfield on the case. Homeland Security. HO!

------------------
<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
<jipe> .. yes, Ubuu, we're racist commy nazi jews, and we hate male pattern baldness
<Professor`K> Sorry, but half-way through your logic, my head exploded
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-08-19, 1:23 PM #30
Flex, I think he took it to mean that everyone else does pretend to know.

But I think it's as good as it gets, but that's beside the point [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
2004-08-19, 1:35 PM #31
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gee_4ce:
Well since this is a topic requiring some maturity anyway (I hope) maybe you could share your beliefs - I'm up for a good debate, and you never know who you might sway either... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

</font>

(I am really questioning posting this, but here it is.)

Well, Its kind of hard to explain, just my set of beliefs, that still technically falls under Christianity.

I tend to stay more open-minded than most Christians. (At least the ones I know). I Solidly believe that there is a God, and that Jesus Christ died for our sins, but I don't rule out things that most Christians seem to automatically rule out. For instance; Evolution. If you even imply that evolution exists around most of the Christians I know, they go crazy about how there is no way it can be true, and its not in the Bible, ect. While I'm not like that, I think about evolution and don't say that its 100% true or 100% false. A lot of Christians I know make the assumption that evolution = no God, and that’s just not me. I am actually sort of an agnostic when it comes to evolution.

In short, I believe with all the base beliefs of Christianity, but other things in the Bible and other beliefs (Like evolution and homosexuality) I tend to question and stay open-minded about.

Man I hope this doesn't turn into a flame war, if I somehow offended anyone, I really hope you don't think turning this into an argument will help anything.

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
2004-08-19, 1:39 PM #32
Nah mate, it seems you've got a good grip on things if you ask me! I used to be like that, but just dumped God and Jesus, and kept the rest of it - ie being nice to people and doing my bit. Who cares if I burn, I know I've done good! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
2004-08-19, 1:40 PM #33
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Martyn:
No offense good sir, but do shut up.

Agnostic, happy and moral thank you very much [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
</font>
Ditto, and I agree with Flex's definition.
2004-08-19, 1:41 PM #34
Well, I was religious, I guess it just kinda slipped...

------------------

"Bantha's are filthy animals.......I don't eat filthy animals."

"Laugh it up Fuzzball!"
-Han Solo
2004-08-19, 1:44 PM #35
BurrBoy, that's called being an old earth creationist christian. Meaning you can consider the earth being older than a few thousand years, which makes room for evolution, among other things. People who interpret the bible litterally and don't believe in evolution are called new earth creationist christians.

------------------
2004-08-19, 2:04 PM #36
[Intoleranceville is ----> that way]

Well sorry. You don't tollerate intollerance.

[This message has been edited by Jaiph (edited August 19, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Obi_Kwiet (edited August 19, 2004).]
2004-08-19, 2:07 PM #37
Quote:
BurrBoy, that's called being an old earth creationist christian. Meaning you can consider the earth being older than a few thousand years, which makes room for evolution, among other things. People who interpret the bible litterally and don't believe in evolution are called new earth creationist christians.

</font>

Hmm, very interesting, thanks for that Flex. Didn't really know what it was called.

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
2004-08-19, 2:14 PM #38
[edit: @Obi]

No, generally they pick the the religion which answers their questions in the matter which makes the most sense to them. Not because they think one religion is superior to another. In order for such a decision to indicate what you seem to think, it would imply people think that the views of other people are completely unimportant.

[This message has been edited by DeTRiTiC-iQ (edited August 19, 2004).]
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-08-19, 2:19 PM #39
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Ah ha! Some people are mad at me because I think my religion is better than theirs. Let me explain. Generally people choose the religion that they think is better than all the others. This is not only the case with religion, but all other things.</font>

Like racism and sexism?

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (I don't know why I have this still in my sig)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-19, 2:20 PM #40
If it answers their question, you think it’s better. Unless of course, you mean that religion isn't really true, it just kind of gives you fulfillment the same way, say, having a job or sleeping with some one would. That is a religion/philosophy all of its own. I think of religion and philosophy as being pretty much the same though.

↑ Up to the top!