Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → hi guys i need a date advice
hi guys i need a date advice
2011-06-24, 11:44 PM #1
I met this hot hippy girl at a square dance a week ago. From Portland, Oregon, so really prime hippy stock. Anyway, ran into again at the summer solstice party last Tuesday. She invited me to an open mic/jam session she was running. Just got back from that, it was a blast. She was playing the banjo and singing, absolutely beautiful. We got along great, talked for quite awhile. I was receiving good vibes, if you know what I mean.

Also shes homeless and lives in a tent.

i think i want into her tent

o.0
2011-06-24, 11:57 PM #2
Sounds like you have this one in your pocket. Where's the problem, that it needs advice? :)
2011-06-25, 12:01 AM #3
I didn't actually ask her out. Or get her number. Thats my problem. >_>

o.0
2011-06-25, 12:09 AM #4
Eat it.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-06-25, 12:57 AM #5
Originally posted by Greenboy:
I didn't actually ask her out. Or get her number. Thats my problem. >_>

Are you likely to run into her again? If no, then you don't need our advice. If yes, then you still don't need our advice.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-06-25, 5:32 AM #6
Explain the "vibes" more.
2011-06-25, 5:52 AM #7
Why didn't you get her number?

Anyway, she asked you out so she obviously like you. If you're going to see her again just ask her if she'd like to go somewhere with you.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2011-06-25, 6:56 AM #8
uh yeah sounds like things are good, just keep it up???
2011-06-25, 7:21 AM #9
Also shes homeless and lives in a tent.

I didn't ... get her number.

Are you sure she has a number?

Is the open mic/jam session a weekly thing?
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2011-06-25, 9:56 AM #10
The only thing I can think of after reading this is how dirty she must be, upstairs and downstairs. Blehh.
2011-06-25, 10:00 AM #11
"Baby, I realize now that any time we meet could be the last, and if I don't ask to get you know you better, to get to know you closer, I may never get the chance again. This is my phone number, feel free to blow it up with obscene text messages."

-At least, that's what I'd do. Admittedly, hitting on guys is easier than on girls. With guys, it's pretty much "Hey, you wanna go play video games and have sex?" and it's at least an 80% chance. Better if you're good looking or charming.
2011-06-25, 1:58 PM #12
You guys are saying he has a green light but I'm not so sure. Just because a girl invites you to a public party/jam session doesn't mean much, and just because the girl gives you the time of day ("we got along great, talked for quite awhile") doesn't mean she wants to **** you. Which is why I wanted more explanation on the "vibes" part. That said, I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask her out on a date - which you should have done after talking to her at the jam session. The longer you wait, the more creepy it gets.

Although... dating a homeless chick? Really? I mean, really? Things can't be that bad for you, right?
2011-06-25, 2:41 PM #13
Originally posted by Ni:
Why didn't you get her number?

Obviously he should look for the tent with the phone lines. :P
nope.
2011-06-25, 3:09 PM #14
Originally posted by ragna:
Although... dating a homeless chick? Really? I mean, really? Things can't be that bad for you, right?

She's a hippy from Portland and it's Greenboy.

Ah Portland, where young people go to retire.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2011-06-25, 3:34 PM #15
Not really sure about this whole tent/homeless thing.

Very very not sure.

How does she shower?

You could say like a pond or river, but generally that water isn't the cleanest either and is filled with microbes
2011-06-25, 3:46 PM #16
is she hot
2011-06-25, 4:07 PM #17
Originally posted by Tibby:
is she hot

look arent everything. my gf hotter than your gf
2011-06-25, 5:16 PM #18
Originally posted by Couchman:
Not really sure about this whole tent/homeless thing.

Very very not sure.

How does she shower?

You could say like a pond or river, but generally that water isn't the cleanest either and is filled with microbes

I've got a shower.

More seriously, she was working for a company up here in Ketchikan, Alaska. Got fired, lost employee housing. Works somewhere else now, but its impossible to find housing midseason up here. So tent + car. Shes actually a remarkably clean hippy. Shaves and everything.

Originally posted by Emon:
She's a hippy from Portland and it's Greenboy.

and this explains the thread

o.0
2011-06-25, 6:11 PM #19
I've got a shower.

More seriously, she was working for a company up here in Ketchikan, Alaska. Got fired, lost employee housing. Works somewhere else now, but its impossible to find housing midseason up here. So tent + car. Shes actually a remarkably clean hippy. Shaves and everything.

and this explains the thread

Have you considered she is only looking for a man so she can enter a stable household and isn't actually looking for love as a primary goal

or is that me just being super suspicious
2011-06-25, 6:30 PM #20
Have you been to Portland? These kinda girls laugh at the thought of a stable household.

o.0
2011-06-25, 7:04 PM #21
I think you should do a lice test.

Yes, for this lice test, you can spin it as a way to get intimate together. But do check for lice.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2011-06-25, 11:20 PM #22
Stable housing is not the worst thing to base a relationship on. Hell, if you've got health insurance, that's grounds for marriage.

-Anyways, there's plenty of places to shower. Local chapter of the YWCA would definitely allow such. But a lice test as a way to get intimate is actually pretty creepy and clever, so props to Echoman.
2011-06-26, 8:02 AM #23
Its threads like these that make me glad I'm married and not on the dating scene anymore.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2011-06-26, 12:52 PM #24
It's threads like these that make me wish I could seduce hippy yokels.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2011-06-26, 2:23 PM #25
It's threads like these that make me glad I don't live in a tent.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2011-06-27, 9:12 AM #26
This thread is worthless without pics! Mail me the Polaroid if you have to. I guess that would be hipsters, not earthy hippies... just carve a sketch into a stone tablet and send it to me by donkey courier.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2011-06-27, 9:13 AM #27
Check for lice, Grismath.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2011-06-27, 9:16 AM #28
Originally posted by ragna:
look arent everything. my gf hotter than your gf

Both my gf hotter than your gf
2011-06-27, 9:41 AM #29
Invite her over to your place for a hot shower
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2011-06-27, 10:14 AM #30
Originally posted by zanardi:
Invite her over to your place for a hot shower

How bout a bubble bath instead? :D
2011-06-27, 12:43 PM #31
Originally posted by Al Ciao:
How bout a bubble bath instead? :D

definitely a shower first! gotta rinse off the pine needles and patchouli oil!

seriously though, how is it going with her? have you been able to get ahold of her again??
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-06-27, 2:17 PM #32
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
seriously though, how is it going with her? have you been able to get ahold of her again??

I was under the impression that he hadn't gotten ahold of her yet...

OH, you meant like get in touch with her. My bad. >.>
2011-06-27, 2:20 PM #33
What a strange culture.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-06-27, 2:25 PM #34
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
What a strange culture.

Yeah, that's what everyone thinks who first comes to Massassi...

OH, you weren't talking about-- My bad. I really gotta clear my head. >.>
2011-06-27, 3:15 PM #35
Go out with her, after you're done you can drop her off anywhere and she'll be "home".
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2011-06-27, 3:50 PM #36
Sounds like an oogle. Dont sleep with her unless you want to catch something.
2011-06-27, 4:17 PM #37
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
definitely a shower first! gotta rinse off the pine needles and patchouli oil!

I added her on facebook. Sent a message there, but no reply yet. Walked past the restaurant she works at, cause its right next to my companies dock. But they were swamped, so she didn't see me. I will probably go back there later today I think.

o.0
2011-06-27, 4:46 PM #38
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
Go out with her, after you're done you can drop her off anywhere and she'll be "home".

hhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yeah.
2011-06-27, 5:43 PM #39
I added her on facebook. Sent a message there, but no reply yet. Walked past the restaurant she works at, cause its right next to my companies dock. But they were swamped, so she didn't see me. I will probably go back there later today I think.
I dont think her tent gets the internet.
2011-06-28, 9:18 PM #40

If she's homeless, how does she have a facebook?

And when did hippies start playing the banjo?

↑ Up to the top!