Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Would you date someone with a diff. religion or lack there of?
Would you date someone with a diff. religion or lack there of?
2004-12-03, 3:56 PM #161
I'm probably going to get flamed for this.

I don't think a non-religious person could really understand why we choose not to date non-Christians. It's not that we don't like someone because they're not Christian, I know tons of girls that I would love to date but I've decided not to pursue. It's a sacrifice to God because I know in my heart that if I decided to start dating someone who didn't feel the same way about Jesus as I do in their heart, my faith would suffer, and so would my relationship with God. And my relationship with God is so much more important than any girlfriend could ever be.

I don't think Freelancer is being close-minded, and I thought exactly the same way as him before I became a Christian. It only makes sense when you have that intimate relationship with God.

That said, I don't think less of any Christian or other religous person who decides to date people of other faiths; it's just a personal belief that I hold for myself.
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2004-12-03, 4:17 PM #162
I completely agree with you except for one thing. Freelancer is being close-minded but not because he disagrees. It's because he keeps insisting that everyone he disagrees with is wrong and he's right. He refuses to respect the opinions and beliefs of the other members of this board. It's juvenile.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-12-03, 4:22 PM #163
Quote:
Originally posted by Freelancer
Okay then Crimson, it is impossible to validate anything on the internet with your logic.

It's impossible to validate the majority of garbage on the internet, just like in newspapers and on TV. It's not a fault of the internet, it's people trying to cover up their screwing with the results of statistical research. That or just making the whole thing up.

So yeah, you're almost right.
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2004-12-03, 5:25 PM #164
I acknowledge the other point of view.. I just despise it. I used to be quite religious, so yes, I understand quite well why I was so selective in my dating. Honestly, it had more to do with pleasing social circles and church leaders than anything god would have said. I can't imagine god telling people to do something like that. What I'm saying is that is all part of the dogma part of your church, so ditch it. Do the right thing. I'm glad I ditched all that, because I have found a much better way for myself.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-12-03, 7:24 PM #165
Your situation does NOT apply to everyone else. Just because your reason for being selective was because you were told to, doesn't mean everyone else does it for that reason. In fact, everyone here has stated that it's THEIR OWN CHOICE. You don't need to imagine God telling anyone anything on this subject, it's in the Bible. Most notably the story of Samson and Delilah deals with this subject. It's nice that you acknowledge another point of view, it would be much nicer if you respected it.
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2004-12-03, 8:52 PM #166
bleh.... nevermind. This is going nowhere. :L
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009

↑ Up to the top!