Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → They should have a death penalty for speeders
They should have a death penalty for speeders
2005-04-05, 4:38 PM #1
I say get rid of tickets and quotas all together. You find someone going 10+ over the speed limit then you set them on death row. It's your own fault if you are impatient enough to speed.

Don't give the argument that a careful speeder is safer than a slower person not paying attention. The idea is a controlled situation where only one factor changes. A slow careful driver has more time to stop and evade than a quick careful driver.

I propose the death penalty, discuss.
You...................................
.................................................. ........
.................................................. ....rock!
2005-04-05, 4:40 PM #2
...you suck.
:p
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-04-05, 4:46 PM #3
Quote:
Originally posted by LonelyDagger
I propose the death penalty.

REQUEST DENIED.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-04-05, 4:47 PM #4
I agree with Sarn_Cadrill, it's the people going 10 UNDER the speed limit that need pain inflicted upon them.

QM
2005-04-05, 4:47 PM #5
We need a give him the death penalty smilie
nope.
2005-04-05, 4:48 PM #6
Getting the death penalty for going 10 over the speed limit, no. Getting the death penalty for going 50 over the speed limit, that's negotiable. Besides, with your theory, cops, firemen, and paramedics would all die out.
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2005-04-05, 4:50 PM #7
Not to mention that Brian would be gone within a couple weeks of the law being passed.
Life is beautiful.
2005-04-05, 4:51 PM #8
Not speeding isnt always an option. Around here, if your not doing 15+ over the speed limit, everyone is roaring past you, honking their horn, flipping you off, etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by Quib Mask
I agree with Sarn_Cadrill, it's the people going 10 UNDER the speed limit that need pain inflicted upon them.

QM

Indeed.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-04-05, 4:51 PM #9
Quote:
I say get rid of tickets and quotas all together. You find someone going 10+ over the speed limit then you set them on death row. It's your own fault if you are impatient enough to speed.

Don't give the argument that a careful speeder is safer than a slower person not paying attention. The idea is a controlled situation where only one factor changes. A slow careful driver has more time to stop and evade than a quick careful driver.

It has less to do with a careful speeder than with a person who can react in a split second.

Plus it's fun to swerve around animals on the road when you're speeding and scare the s*** out of them. :D

But seriously, if I compared my reaction time to my mom's, I could avoid things going faster that she barely avoids going slow. In the snow even. One winter, I saw a deer coming from her side, she didn't. Ran in front of her (like within a few feet of the car) and scared the crap out of her. She was going pretty slow. But the point is that I was more alert as a passenger than she was as the driver. (Be afraid of riding with people like that, too.)
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-04-05, 4:52 PM #10
All people wearing pants shall be burned at the stake!
Think while it's still legal.
2005-04-05, 4:55 PM #11
So there I was, cruising down the 215 at oh, somewhere between 80 and 90 in the left lane when I come upon one big rig passing another. Not a big deal I thought; I'm not actually in a hurry you see, 80+ is the flow of traffic. Myself and a car or two in front of and behind me get packed in pretty close as we let off the gas to slow down to the 65 or so that the big rig is doing while we wait for him to get passed his slower dirt-hauling cousin (I'm not implying the truckers were related, just the trucks themselves). Little do we know that the big rig is having trouble passing the other because in front of him is some twit in a huge boat of a car going 60 (65 at best, but it sure didn't feel like it). Eventually the big rig pulls back over to the slow-lane but this behemoth of a car refuses to move over, and myself and probably a bakers dozen of other cars have to squeeze in between this Cadillac or whatever it was and the front of a big rig to get on with our drive.

I'm pretty sure the one slow guy was worse than all dozen+ of us speeders. By worse I mean more deserving of a punch to the crotch.

The end.

QM
2005-04-05, 4:57 PM #12
What if it was an emergency? You'd still get charged and you'd be dead. :(
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-04-05, 4:59 PM #13
<3 (to Quib Mask)

Quote:
Besides, with your theory, cops, firemen, and paramedics would all die out.
Cops gone??? Maybe we could work something out... meh.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-04-05, 5:07 PM #14
LonelyDagger you don't drive yet, do you?
2005-04-05, 5:09 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
All people wearing pants shall be burned at the stake!

See? Thats's JUST as stupid.

No offence SAJN.
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-04-05, 5:15 PM #16
Quote:

I often go 50mph in a 40 mph zone, but only b/c i use a good radar detector, so the pigs can't use their radar guns w/o me knowing about it. I rarely exceed the speed limit by 10 mph, but that is enough. driving 50 mph as opposed to 40 mph allows you to make signifigantly better time if you hit the lights green.

the speed limits are just so damn slow its ridiculous. Besides, around here, you have to drive a certain speed or people will come close to running you down. Anyone who has driven in so california has probably seen this at some time or another. i've seen slower drivers almost get clipped or rear-ended by people that pass at the last minute.
2005-04-05, 5:24 PM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by saberopus
LonelyDagger you don't drive yet, do you?

LonelyDagger drives often on one of the craziest highways in Kansas: K10. The flow of traffic on K10 IS 10 miles over the speed limit. It's hard not to speed and be safe.
2005-04-05, 5:33 PM #18
heh. be glad you don't live where I do.. (Spokane). Speed limits around here are literally *never* over 35 mph (except freeways). And most drivers in Spokane go somewhere between 30 - 33. Then you occaisionally get the nutjobs that go 20 - 25. It's seriously dangerous for them to drive that slow. On top of that, the stupid county keeps finding more and more excuses to lower the limit (ie, there's an area with a park near my home that's and mandatory 20 mph all through the summer. This is not so bad, except when you consider the fact that the park is quite a ways away from the road, there's incredibly good visibility, (no trees between the road and park, just open field and a sidewalk), and it's not very popular, so you rarely see kids there... But, from about may to the end of august, you can almost garuntee there'll be a cop on motorcycle sitting just behind the sidewalk with a radar gun, even when there's no kids present at all. To make matters worse, the rest of the year there's a "suggested speed" of 20 mph... And there's actually a lot of idiots around here (again a Spokane driving thing), that will go 20 mph through there in the middle of January, when it's 5 degrees out and not a soul to be seen that's not in another car.

Another example is the road work they decided to do on the freeway, where they narrowed it down to 2 lanes for each direction with no barrier between. Then when other morons started getting in accidents on that section, (due to a lack of adequate space to merge because of crappy planning and design for the construction project, and drivers that think only of themselves) they lowered the speed limit from 60 to 50 mph... They claim it's going to be temporary, but they've since widened the lanes back out and there's a huge space now between the two directions, but the speed limit's still 50, and I'd be surprised if they never change it back.

Anyway, I could go on and on, but I'll let it go for now.

2005-04-05, 5:53 PM #19
Slow drivers are the cause of traffic jams. Fast drivers are not. Thus, it is slow drivers that need to be punished. Case closed.

Actually, I would be much happier on the road if everyone would just GET THE **** OUT OF MY WAY.
Stuff
2005-04-05, 5:53 PM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
I often go 50mph in a 40 mph zone, but only b/c i use a good radar detector, so the pigs can't use their radar guns w/o me knowing about it. I rarely exceed the speed limit by 10 mph, but that is enough. driving 50 mph as opposed to 40 mph allows you to make signifigantly better time if you hit the lights green.

the speed limits are just so damn slow its ridiculous. Besides, around here, you have to drive a certain speed or people will come close to running you down. Anyone who has driven in so california has probably seen this at some time or another. i've seen slower drivers almost get clipped or rear-ended by people that pass at the last minute.

Refrased: I hope you receive the reprocussions for your actions. What you do is intolerable.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-04-05, 5:56 PM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY
I hope you die in a car crash some day. You disgust the **** out of me.

For some reason, I find it humourous that you hate me enough to want me dead. I wonder if I would get my own level pack if that was the case? :p
2005-04-05, 6:02 PM #22
Quote:
I say this with a completelly strait face: I hope you die in a car crash some day. You disgust the **** out of me.

I drive 5-10MPH over the speed limit. Most police officers here and over the summer where I was in NJ wouldn't pull you over unless you were going 15-20 over the speed limit.
2005-04-05, 6:02 PM #23
Wow. Page edit that out of your post right ****ing now you disgusting piece of **** jokes about dead members of this community -> NOT ****ING FUNNY
2005-04-05, 6:06 PM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikus
Wow. Page edit that out of your post right ****ing now you disgusting piece of **** jokes about dead members of this community -> NOT ****ING FUNNY

Only if you also insist that Kirby edit his. what he did was out of line.

Kirby: I speed. get over it.
2005-04-05, 6:08 PM #25
Just wow. There's a special place in hell for you.
2005-04-05, 6:08 PM #26
Hey pagewizard, you know my aunt died by a hit and run 5 feet in front of I and my father? We watched her body become crushed between the ground and the the guy's tire. I saw the ****'s face. He looked back and started swirving. He was probably going 15 miles an hour over the speed limit. This was at a stop sign, and he was rounding the corner. I don't care if you claim yourself a perfectly capable driver: That doesn't make a **** of difference, and certainly doesn't put you above the law.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-04-05, 6:09 PM #27
Uh, Mikus? Overreacting a little there, buddy? I see nothing wrong with what Page said about a level pack..
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-04-05, 6:10 PM #28
Quote:
Hey pagewizard, you know my aunt died by a hit and run 5 feet in front of I and my father? We watched her body become crushed between the ground and the the guy's tire. I saw the ****'s face. He looked back and started swirving. He was probably going 15 miles an hour over the speed limit. This was at a stop sign, and he was rounding the corner. I don't care if you claim yourself a perfectly capable driver: That doesn't make a **** of difference, and certainly doesn't put you above the law.

JediKirby

hey man, i hope the guy that did that gets his (if he hasn't already) but that is still no excuse for attacking me like you did earlier.
2005-04-05, 6:10 PM #29
Quote:

JediKirby

So by posting this you think it will justify you wishing death upon him?

Page said he speeds, not runs stop signs.
2005-04-05, 6:12 PM #30
Quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Legend
LonelyDagger drives often on one of the craziest highways in Kansas: K10. The flow of traffic on K10 IS 10 miles over the speed limit. It's hard not to speed and be safe.

My bad. Someone a while back was talking about how speeders are morons, and it turned out he didn't have a license yet. Not to say that this precludes anyone from the common sense involved with realizing that speeding isn't good (albeit sometimes necessary or convenient).
2005-04-05, 6:17 PM #31
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikus
Did I miss something here? :confused:
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-04-05, 6:17 PM #32
Quote:
I propose the death penalty

:banned:

I speed, a lot, and I know I'm better off than half the idiots that clog the streets. Not to mention that the flow of traffic is at least 5+ (I usually do 10-15+). Speeding is a fact of life, and unti lthere is a way to prevent me from doing it, get the hell out of my way.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-04-05, 6:17 PM #33
Quote:
Originally posted by DogSRoOL

I assume its about MaDa.

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkjedibob
unti lthere is a way to prevent me from doing it, get the hell out of my way.

Probably not the best thing to post after Kirby's message.
2005-04-05, 6:18 PM #34
Quote:
I wonder if I would get my own level pack if that was the case? :p

Ha ha ha ha. Oh, MAN, you're funny.

Making jokes about dead people is really funny. It really is. Hoooo boy, words can not express how horribly tasteless, tactless, and disrespectful you are.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-04-05, 6:18 PM #35
Quote:
Originally posted by DogSRoOL

apparently, Kirby wants me to die in a burning car. Other than that, nothing.
2005-04-05, 6:19 PM #36
Quote:
Originally posted by Freelancer
Uh, Mikus? Overreacting a little there, buddy? I see nothing wrong with what Page said about a level pack..

He was alluding to MaDa.

That's ****ed up page. Extremely ****ed up. I mean...wow...just wow. I just hope Travis doesn't see that so he doesn't have to put up with your bull****.

And K10 IS insane.
D E A T H
2005-04-05, 6:20 PM #37
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi

That's ****ed up page. Extremely ****ed up. I mean...wow...just wow. I just hope Travis doesn't see that so he doesn't have to put up with your bull****.

i meant nothing against Mada. He was a cool guy and i respect him.

However, I am a little bit pissed at Kirby right now. I don't know why he's mad at me, what the hell did I do to him?
2005-04-05, 6:20 PM #38
I think people who speed should be shot, people wouldn't need to worry about 'the man' so much if they kept to the speed limits- hell it wouldn't kill you to drive 10MPH less would it?
Visit: Alcopedia.net the Alcoholic Encyclopedia

The user formerly known as EL3CTRO.
2005-04-05, 6:21 PM #39
This is some right funny stuff in this thread here.
2005-04-05, 6:22 PM #40
Quote:
i meant nothing against Mada. He was a cool guy and i respect him.

Then act like it, and don't joke on his death.
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!