Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → They should have a death penalty for speeders
They should have a death penalty for speeders
2005-04-09, 11:46 AM #161
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfy
It'd never pass. Fat people are the majority now in the U.S. - we'd all vote against you, and then pass a measure making thin people illegal.

Wait. That's not good.

You do have a point... :P
2005-04-09, 12:08 PM #162
Quote:
Originally posted by Yecti
you don't understand the severity of the hours in which I drive. The likelihood of my encountering ANYTHING is quite low. I generally leave for work before the sun comes up, and I get home well after it goes down. The joys of running a tech bench.

You say low which means the probablility still exists. Maybe not a child but perhaps some wandering person out late nights. And here you come rocketing down a residential area at 80 miles per hour. That poor pedestrian is going to NOT survive whatsoever. Going such speeds in residential areas is grossly reckless no matter what time of day.

[http://public.csusm.edu/bcline2000/imgs/emot-eng101.gif] Just for you math people, a one ton car going 80 mph is going to have a KE of...581,308 J. Of course, I converted units.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-04-09, 3:02 PM #163
Quote:
Originally posted by CadetLee
Intercooled turbo on a 1.8l 1ZZFE (Toyota Corolla..also Matrix / Celica GT / new MR2 engine)..estimated 220-240hp at 12psi. Greddy eManage with Profec e01 boost controller, 550cc injectors. I'm not sure what size turbo he's running, though.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ltcolvortex <-- turbo pics on page 3. His '98 (pictured) was wrecked by a 15passenger Ford van (tboned his front left quarter at ~45mph)..he has the same turbo in a '99 now.

I'm toying with the idea of turbocharging my '86 MR2..but I'm not sure if I want to deal with all the work involved. :p

I'd also like to do a V6 swap (Avalon engine) into my Corolla...but it would be incredibly difficult, since nobody has done it before. Someone swapped one into a new MR2, though, and it was really complicated. Maybe some day..

I gotta learn more about his car. With those injectors it should be going through gas at a pretty good rate, not to mention the rest of the setup. You've given me a new research project :)
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-04-09, 3:52 PM #164
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
According to your logic we should legalize heroin, cocaine, and suicide.

Laws != constant state of logic.

We definitly should legalize suicide. I can't believe there is actually a law against taking your own life. It's your freakin life...if you want to kill youself you should be allowed to.
2005-04-09, 5:21 PM #165
Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
We definitly should legalize suicide. I can't believe there is actually a law against taking your own life. It's your freakin life...if you want to kill youself you should be allowed to.

Maybe the government feels that suicide is way to avoid paying overdue taxes, debts, loans, etc. Or maybe suicide is a bad influence on society that may negativily affect others. Or maybe you are a criminal, and you haven't faced your full term of punishment in the real world.

There probably is a good reason they made it "illegal." I dunno.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-04-09, 5:28 PM #166
Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Duke

And this is why I'm not a big fan of the Religious Right.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.

↑ Up to the top!