Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Gay Marriage in Canada!
Gay Marriage in Canada!
2005-07-20, 4:57 PM #1
http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=4f1d4af8-3e69-443e-a067-93354b0ce8bc

Today's a landmark for Canada.

P.S. No flamewars.

[Edit: Got a better article]
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2005-07-20, 5:01 PM #2
you know, you could've just EDITED YOUR POST

[edit]like i just did to make it bigger >.>[/edit]
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-07-20, 5:03 PM #3
The new forums confused me. :(
2005-07-20, 5:05 PM #4
Yay.
2005-07-20, 5:06 PM #5
:) A good step forward. Now maybe the rest of the world will be more ready to follow suit.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-07-20, 5:06 PM #6
so the gay marriage law (bill c38) has been passed here in canada. it states that gay and lesbian couples can marry and be married in a courthouse and/or city hall.
this is good.
the conservatives have been complaining today. what are they complaining about? they think this will lead to euthanasia, de-criminalization of pot and polygamy.
what's to complain about?
euthanasia. good. it's about time we started treating our family members with the same dignity and respect we treat our pets with. when a dog gets old and sick we do the humane thing and euthanize it.
de-criminalization of pot. good. should've happened years ago. you won't hear the conservatives complaining about the tax revenue that pot will bring in. i'm 100% positive that if the liberals de-criminalize pot and the conservatives come into power, they will not criminalize it again. there's too much money to be made. and when it comes to the government, that's all they care about.
polygamy. go to utah. silly conservatives. polygamy is for religion, not for the rest of us.

i say what's the hold up? let's get these things rolling as quickly as possible.
2005-07-20, 5:19 PM #7
woo yay
2005-07-20, 5:19 PM #8
good stuff
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2005-07-20, 6:21 PM #9
When they speak of de-criminalizing pot, they AREN'T talking about legalizing it.

This makes me happy, too bad the US has to be so god damned ***-backards sometimes.
2005-07-20, 6:21 PM #10
they're talking about de-criminalizing it. that will only lead to legalization and control of a drug like alcohol and cigs.
2005-07-20, 6:44 PM #11
Good job Canada.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2005-07-20, 7:30 PM #12
Yay! Go us! (and by "us" I mean the word "us", as in Canadians; I'm not referring to the "United States". Just to avoid confusion)
Stuff
2005-07-20, 7:39 PM #13
Originally posted by BurrBoy:
Good job Canada.

Originally posted by Shintock:
The Us Sucks.

twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-07-20, 7:59 PM #14
Congrats to Canada!

What happens if a same-sex couple is married in Canada and they take an extended vacation or want to move to the USA? Would America recognize the marriage?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-07-20, 8:30 PM #15
Wow, nobody here arguing that it's a bad thing? This place must have changed while I've been away.

BTW, Yay for Canada! :D

Oh, and don't be talking smack about the US like that, foolz.*
The US is awesome, it's just that things suck here. Just because it's being driven on a course of evil doesn't make it intrinsically evil.

*Note, the word foolz is used in a friendly way, not in an insulting way.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love
2005-07-20, 8:32 PM #16
WTF?!
Why does my post appear before Comrade Shintock's?
2005-07-20, 8:38 PM #17
[QUOTE=dry gear the frog]WTF?!
Why does my post appear before Comrade Shintock's?[/QUOTE]
It happened to me as well on another thread. Quite amusing, eh? (oh, man, I already sound like a Canadian!) :p
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-07-20, 8:42 PM #18
The Us Sucks.
2005-07-20, 8:48 PM #19
Wow that's weird.
2005-07-20, 8:52 PM #20
Interesting, although it is legal some orgainized religions will still not accept this... which will cause conflict on a whole new level now.
2005-07-20, 8:55 PM #21
I was starting to get really pissed off at Shintock for repeatedly saying "The Us sucks" until I realized that his post just got pushed down.
2005-07-20, 8:56 PM #22
[QUOTE=Yummy Cookie]Interesting, although it is legal some orgainized religions will still not accept this... which will cause conflict on a whole new level now.[/QUOTE]
Nah, there's no shortage of churches that will honor SSM, and those that don't like it have every right to dissent.
2005-07-20, 10:04 PM #23
I'm starting to become more acceptant of gays for one simple reason that I haven't seen all along: it just leaves more women for the rest of us!
2005-07-20, 10:06 PM #24
[QUOTE=Yummy Cookie]Interesting, although it is legal some orgainized religions will still not accept this... which will cause conflict on a whole new level now.[/QUOTE]

That's why the marriages are done at courthouses. Keeps the relgious issue out of it in the eys of the law.
Pissed Off?
2005-07-20, 10:10 PM #25
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]I'm starting to become more acceptant of gays for one simple reason that I haven't seen all along: it just leaves more women for the rest of us![/QUOTE]

yes, because there's no possibility of two women being in a gay relationship...

2005-07-20, 10:19 PM #26
Lol! Owned.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-07-20, 10:45 PM #27
Originally posted by maevie:
yes, because there's no possibility of two women being in a gay relationship...

Something tells me he doesn't have a problem with that either :P
D E A T H
2005-07-20, 10:58 PM #28
:)

Hurray for freedom and equality!

Gays can marry here too.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2005-07-20, 11:36 PM #29
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Something tells me he doesn't have a problem with that either :P[/QUOTE]

*sigh* men...

:p

2005-07-21, 12:03 AM #30
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Congrats to Canada!

What happens if a same-sex couple is married in Canada and they take an extended vacation or want to move to the USA? Would America recognize the marriage?

Probably not. At least, not the ones that have passed laws saying that marriage is only recognized between man and woman. Believe it or not, California is one of those states. Prop 14 back in 2000. I'm surprised it passed in this state.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-07-21, 2:08 AM #31
I wish I lived in a country that was moving forward, like Canada, rather than Australia.
2005-07-21, 2:12 AM #32
Before you know it, people will be having sex with potatos while worshipping the devil.

Go Canada! You make reason proud!
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2005-07-21, 6:10 AM #33
gay residents of canada can rot in hell, damn *******s
2005-07-21, 6:14 AM #34
As a Canadian Conservative I feel it's my duty to say that this development doesn't affect me whatsoever.
2005-07-21, 6:14 AM #35
Can we please have some maturity, it's not that hard.
2005-07-21, 6:17 AM #36
Originally posted by Dominik:
This man speaks wisdom.

You have got to be kidding.
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2005-07-21, 6:21 AM #37
This man speaks wisdom.

So, basically, you are saying that a person should rot in hell if he isn't straight. You call that wisdom?

I know some people simply won't see this, but gay people can't help their sexual orientation. It's like not being able to help the race you are born.

Why rot in hell for that?

Homophobia is just as wrong as racism. Period.

[edit] Why does this post show up before the one I quoted!? [/edit]

Besides, what do you care if gay people can marry? Let them...

I don't see how this should bother anyone at all.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2005-07-21, 6:41 AM #38
I'm being sarcastic. Hehe.
Skateboarding is not a crime.
2005-07-21, 6:43 AM #39
I'm being sarcastic. Hehe.

Be still my beating heart :eek:
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■