Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Gay Marriage in Canada!
Gay Marriage in Canada!
2005-07-21, 6:45 PM #81
Originally posted by ReT:
I don't give a **** what is a crime and isn't a crime. How is that related to this discussion at all.

Is so and so a crime because it is illegal in your country? Or because you believe it is a crime? Hell, Canada could making molesting little boys legal. Would it still be a crime? Yes.

It relates because you are realted an ACT to a WAY OF LIFE. It doesn't work that way! It's like saying because a person who was born liking to see things die can control themself from killing tons of people, then there is no way that someone can be born with a mental disability.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2005-07-21, 6:45 PM #82
Originally posted by BurrBoy:
A person molesting a child and being gay are not linked in any way! Your are right, People who like little boys are born being able to control themselves from molesting little boys, JUST LIKE GAY PEOPLE CAN CONTROL THEMSELVES FROM BANGING EVERY GUY THEY SEE.

A person who is born liking little boys CANNOT help the fact that they like little boys, JUST LIKE PEOPLE WHO ARE BORN GAY CANNOT HELP THE FACT THAT THEY ARE GAY.

Yes, Gay people can control themselfs from actively seeking out members of the same sex, just like people who like little boys can control themselfs from actively seeking out little boys.
2005-07-21, 6:47 PM #83
It relates because you are realted an ACT to a WAY OF LIFE. It doesn't work that way!

What? I did not understand any of that.
2005-07-21, 6:48 PM #84
What? I did not understand any of that.

CLARIFICATION:

Committing a Crime = ACT.
Being Gay = LIFESTYLE.

That is all.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-07-21, 6:50 PM #85
Yes, Gay people can control themselfs from actively seeking out members of the same sex, just like people who like little boys can control themselfs from actively seeking out little boys.

Quote:
You really really really need to work on your analogies! A person who was born liking little boys seeks out little boys to RAPE them, which is a VIOLENT ACT, sometimes leading to DEATH. This does not, in anyway, connect to a gay person going to a GAY BAR where there are OTHER GAY PEOPLE that are the SAME WAY HE IS to MUTALLY "hook-up".

Seems like you are running out of nonsense.
2005-07-21, 6:50 PM #86
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
CLARIFICATION:

Committing a Crime = ACT.
Being Gay = LIFESTYLE.

That is all.

In my ******* opinion, Being Gay = ACT.
2005-07-21, 6:51 PM #87
It relates because you are realted an ACT to a WAY OF LIFE. It doesn't work that way! It's like saying because a person who was born liking to see things die can control themself from killing tons of people, then there is no way that someone can be born with a mental disability.

All gay people don't have mental disabilities.
2005-07-21, 6:52 PM #88

Committing a Crime = Act. Anyway you look at it, you are committing the act of a crime.

Being gay = Lifestyle. Living a life as a homosexual. You can consider engaging in homosexual intercourse an act, but being gay in general, is not an act.

Do you consider being a heterosexual an act?

Also, refrain from cursing, we have shown you that respect. Show us it in return.
2005-07-21, 6:52 PM #89

Finally, we can get back to the topic that is actually meaningful instead of just continually arguing you horrid analogies.

Back to another post I made:

Quote:
Then how are there gay people who hate being gay, and don't want to be gay, and even hate gay people, but can't help it. And, yes I know someone like this. Two people actually.
2005-07-21, 6:53 PM #90
[QUOTE=Matthew Pate]I wish I lived in a country that was moving forward, like Canada, rather than Australia.[/QUOTE]

Ha.

Oh wait, my society isn't any better off.

Any idea why TACC is down?
2005-07-21, 6:53 PM #91
All gay people don't have mental disabilities.

Oh Jesus Christ!

Read a book!
2005-07-21, 6:54 PM #92

Wrong.

If you're going to compare it to something, say something like this:

"Yes, gay people can control themselves from actively seeking out members of the same sex, just like heterosexual people can control themselves from actively seeking out members of the opposite sex."

See where your logic falls apart here? It's cruel to expect them not to act on their homosexual urges, just like it's cruel for me to expect you not to act on your heterosexual urges.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-07-21, 6:56 PM #93
Rightly said.
2005-07-21, 6:57 PM #94
Originally posted by Freelancer:
See where your logic falls apart here? It's cruel to expect them not to act on their homosexual urges, just like it's cruel for me to expect you not to act on your heterosexual urges.

Is it cruel to expect child molesters not to act on their urges? Of course it isn't.
2005-07-21, 6:58 PM #95
Is it cruel to expect child molesters not to act on their urges? Of course it isn't.

He didn't say anything about child molesters. He said homosexuals. But I'm to the point where I think your logic dictates: homosexuals = child molesters.
2005-07-21, 7:01 PM #96
reverse logic: do you like grannies, ReT?
幻術
2005-07-21, 7:02 PM #97

this is when we return to the topic of consent.

have you even been paying attention?
2005-07-21, 7:02 PM #98
Originally posted by Koobie:
reverse logic: do you like grannies, ReT?

Well I do hope you're going somewhere with that. :p
2005-07-21, 7:03 PM #99

AND AGAIN!

Child Molesters urges consist of finding little kids to RAPE.

Homosexual urges consist of going to a gay club and finding another man to date.

I honestly think you won't see the differences between these two, so I am going to spell it out.

Raping someone means that one person in the act didn't say it was alright to have sex, and are usually assualted to be forced too.

When a homosexual hooks up, they find another gay person to hook up with, where they both agree to hook up.
2005-07-21, 7:05 PM #100

You're right. It isn't cruel. Want to know why? Because child molestation harms people.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-07-21, 7:06 PM #101

Well...
Attachment: 6255/djyoshistfu.jpg (34,523 bytes)
D E A T H
2005-07-21, 7:07 PM #102

HAha. I think you know you have just used ludicrous logic. Of course it's not cruel to expect child molestors not to act on their urges because doing so would be a crime and cause great harm to whoever they molested. Whereas, it WOULD be cruel to expect gays not to act on their urges because they are both consenting adults.
2005-07-21, 7:08 PM #103
Just like people dictate being gay is OK? I see no difference.

It's not ok? What's wrong with it then? What do you care if people are?

People, it's not that difficult. If you know a bit of pychology, it's a well known fact that people who molest children often do so because of trauma. Having been molested themselves, etc.

About homosexuals:

Exactly like you can't help being attracted to the opposite sex, they can't help being attracted by the same sex. It's not like they are in fact attracted to the opposite sex, but 'decide' to be attracted by the same sex instead.

Ask yourself, could you 'make' yourself being attracted by the other sex all of a sudden? Ofcourse not! Stuff like sexual attraction isn't a conscious choice. It happens. On instinct.

I know enough homosexuals in real life to be absolutely sure of that. There is no scientist who will debate this.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2005-07-21, 7:09 PM #104
<3 Yoshi.
2005-07-21, 7:10 PM #105

It's no more an act than your heterosexuality is an act.
2005-07-21, 7:14 PM #106
Homophobia is pretty gay.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-07-21, 7:16 PM #107
Okay I am done for now. This is honestly the most ridiculous argument I have ever been involved in.
2005-07-21, 7:16 PM #108
Originally posted by Echoman:
Homophobia is pretty gay.

cool paradox
2005-07-21, 7:20 PM #109
Homosexuality, in and of itself, harms nobody and nothing. For it to harm anything, another act like molestation would have to be linked to it. However, at that point, being homosexual still isn't the problem, but the problem is being a molestor. This is also true with heterosexuality. Now, most homosexuals live lives similiar to most heterosexuals, it's just that they are attracted to the same sex. That's it. It harms nobody and nothing. Well, correction, it does hurt one thing. It hurts the ego and pride of the people that thump the Bible and drives them crazy that they can't control a persons life according to how they themselves live life. These are also the same people that discreetly pass over the parts of the Bible that say to leave judgement to God and to "love thy neighbor." Now, there is nothing wrong with disagreeing with homosexuality. That is someone's choice. However, actively seeking to prevent them from practicing their beniegn lifestyle and trying to control their behavior violates that all important free will and disrupts someone's human rights to do as they please as long as it does not bring harm upon others. Trying to actively control someone's behavior concerning homosexuality also shows a lack of faith in the Lord as that person evidently doesn't believe God is competent enough to deal with the homosexuals in the after-life how He sees fit. In other words, it's between them and God and you have no place in it.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-07-21, 7:23 PM #110
I love this thread.

Stupidity entertains me so much. I love you ReT.
>>untie shoes
2005-07-21, 7:35 PM #111
Does the word 'freedom' mean anything to you?
2005-07-21, 7:36 PM #112
You know what...

I oppose Gay Marriage. I believe it is wrong, and that God created marriage solely for a Man and a Woman.

I believe the interpretation that a Man or Woman is born with a sexual desire for a member of the same gender is ridiculous. Homosexuality is a choice.

I think a Man or Woman who is attracted to a member of the same gender can contain themselfs from seeking out members of the same gender.

Also if individuals can change their sexual orientation, that just dosen't seem right to me. It raises the whole question of public restrooms. Would you like some gay guy looking at your ***? I sure wouldn't.

I really believe accepting gay marriage will further degrade marriage as a whole. People will think, heck, why get married at all?

I know I'm arguing with a bunch of non Christians, but for those who do have Christian beliefs, do you really think God created Marriage anything beyond a single man and a single woman? I know I don't. God clearly says in the bible that marriage is solely for a Man and a Woman.

I apologize everyone, I was on a rant. I shouldn't have cursed, my bad.

These are just my beliefs, I can't believe so many people are in acceptance of such a sick thing as relationships between members of the same sex.

I'll edit this post if I think of anything else.

ReT
2005-07-21, 7:39 PM #113
stupidity

And I reiterate...
Attachment: 6256/djyoshistfu.jpg (34,523 bytes)
D E A T H
2005-07-21, 7:40 PM #114
As if the "sanctity of marriage" hasn't been all ****ed up by straight people already. :rolleyes:

Marriage is a human construct and has been around a lot longer than the Bible based religions have been.

Homosexuality was socially accpetable in Ancient Greek nd Roman societies.
Pissed Off?
2005-07-21, 7:40 PM #115
Let me re-iterate since you don't seem to have gotten the message.

To actively prevent someone from practicing a benign lifestyle, whither the Bible says it is good or bad, is to violate faith in God and to take judgement upon yourself, which requires unbelievable amounts of ego and pride, which is another thing God doesn't like. Leave the gays alone and let God deal with them. He can do more than you ever can.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-07-21, 7:43 PM #116
I believe the interpretation that a Man or Woman is born with a sexual desire for a member of the same gender is ridiculous. Homosexuality is a choice.
ReT

Why on earth do you believe that? Why would anyone want to choose to be like that?

Wouldn't it be so much easier for you to understand if they had no choice?

Please explain to me why you believe they choose. I absolutely do not understand why.
2005-07-21, 7:46 PM #117
[QUOTE=Kieran Horn]Let me re-iterate since you don't seem to have gotten the message.

To actively prevent someone from practicing a benign lifestyle, whither the Bible says it is good or bad, is to violate faith in God and to take judgement upon yourself, which requires unbelievable amounts of ego and pride, which is another thing God doesn't like. Leave the gays alone and let God deal with them. He can do more than you ever can.[/QUOTE]

Then wouldn't actively preventing someone from doing something else wrong, such as stealing, be "violating faith in God and taking judgement upon myself" ?
In all seriousness. I think christians have a role to play in opposing gay marriage, I dunno about actively preventing someone from being gay though. What the hell.

ReT
2005-07-21, 7:49 PM #118
as follower of the god Hghew9tje it is my duty to stop christianity at all costs!!

Denzel, the god of Floss told me so.
2005-07-21, 7:51 PM #119
Then wouldn't actively preventing someone from doing something else wrong, such as stealing, be "violating faith in God and taking judgement upon myself" ?
In all seriousness. I think christians have a role to play in opposing gay marriage, I dunno about actively preventing someone from being gay though. What the hell.

ReT

There's a difference--no one is hurt when people have consenting gay sex, yet people are hurt when others steal. Punishing theft is not a question of christianity, bceause the law is not religious and really to try to incorporate religion into law is silly. Law is about keeping order and keeping people's rights in check (at least in America and other such free nations), not about appeasing God by following his rules. Law is above religion in such matters.

Granted, law is often affected by religious representatives because the bible belt sucks, but for the most part it has nothing whatsoever to do with religion, or at least it shouldn't.
D E A T H
2005-07-21, 7:52 PM #120
umm... I don't really think god created marriage.
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!