Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → This is f****** disgusting
This is f****** disgusting
2005-10-06, 5:33 PM #41
it depends on who you are I suppose, but to add my $.02, I think rape is deifnitely worse than murder
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2005-10-06, 5:36 PM #42
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
The lot of them should be executed. There's no excuse for that kind of behavior.

I think the best punishment for rapists is to just throw them in prison where someone else will be willing to make them their *****. Poetic justice if you ask me.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-10-06, 5:37 PM #43
Originally posted by Freelancer:

An outstanding rebuttal. But you lost me at the second "." Could you elaborate?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-10-06, 5:37 PM #44
Originally posted by Wolfy:
An outstanding rebuttal. But you lost me at the second "." Could you elaborate?

I think he meant "...."
D E A T H
2005-10-06, 5:41 PM #45
If you think rape is worse than murder, you value your own virtue more than your own life. That's pretty sick if you ask me.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-06, 5:41 PM #46
Jesus christ SF_gold what is wrong with you? I just really can't believe the way you process your thoughts...its unbelievable.

And yes that is disgusting...
2005-10-06, 5:41 PM #47
Originally posted by Shintock:
I think he meant rape is worse than killing someone. A rape victim is damaged emotionally for life - a dead person doesn't have to (literally) live with the aftermath of such a traumatic experience.

When you die, you see, you lose a very important part of your life.
幻術
2005-10-06, 5:43 PM #48
If you think rape is worse than murder, you value your own virtue more than your own life. That's pretty sick if you ask me.

So if you were kidnapped, bound, gagged, knocked unconcious and sodomized by 14 farmers, you'd just shrug it off and say "At least I'm not dead?"
2005-10-06, 5:44 PM #49
Originally posted by Koobie:
When you die, you see, you lose a very important part of your life.

For some people, after something like this, life simply isn't worth living.
2005-10-06, 5:44 PM #50

Rape really ****s a person a up. Most feel severe guilt about the situation. In this case, the girl's not going to be able to feel secure in her own home, and it'll be surprising if she's able to ever trust a guy in an intimate relationship. This isn't about "prizing my own virtue." It's realizing that raping someone is just as bad as killing them, though the consequences are not the same.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-10-06, 5:44 PM #51
What else would I do? Kill myself?

.. oh, and please, don't play the emotionally fragile trump card with me. There's no reason why they can't go on to do what they want in life after being raped, but that's impossible for the dead.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-06, 5:44 PM #52

WTF?? It has nothing to do with virtue...rape is an emotionally traumatizing experience that can ruin a woman's life...its not about them being "clean" or whatever.
2005-10-06, 5:46 PM #53
What else would I do? Kill myself?

No but I bet you'd be emotionally traumatized to the point of not being able to live a normal life for a damn long time. Thats the whole point...rape is just as bad as murder because you are ruining someone's life by doing it.
2005-10-06, 5:46 PM #54
If it's not about being clean, then what exactly is so traumatizing?
2005-10-06, 5:47 PM #55
If it's not about being clean, then what exactly is so traumatizing?

The fact that they got raped for ****s sake???
God what the hell is wrong with you. You think the chick is just thinking "damn now I'm not a virgin anymore"??
2005-10-06, 5:48 PM #56
There's no reason why they can't go on to do what they want in life after being raped, but that's impossible for the dead.

...wow. I feel sorry for any of your "friends," should they be raped and seek any form of emotional support from you. They'll be looking in all the wrong places.
2005-10-06, 5:49 PM #57
Free has friends? :confused:
2005-10-06, 5:49 PM #58
...wow. I feel sorry for any of your "friends," should they be raped and seek any form of emotional support from you. They'll be looking in all the wrong places.

Seriously, I am without words. You are beyond help. That statement you quoted... it's not true? wtf are you smoking?
2005-10-06, 5:50 PM #59
Seriously, I am without words. You are beyond help. That statement you quoted... it's not true? wtf are you smoking?

Stop trying to flip it around on him...your the one being completely idiotic here...you can't even understand why rape would be traumatizing for a woman..
2005-10-06, 5:52 PM #60

it has nothing to do at all with virtue. It's just an invasion and a voilation that I don't think I could ever get over, physically obviously, and emotionally, it would cloud how I deal with all people, and I don't know if I would ever truly feel secure again. Or clean again. that's just a kind of emotional pain and scarring, and a kind of invasion that you could never imagine. I could never even imagine it, never having gone through it. That is an act of pure brutality. I don't know how I could get across to you exactly how emotionally bad it would be (especially not while listening to music) but it doesn't have anything to do with virtue. it would be awful even if I weren't a virgin - it would just make it that much more painful for me.
2005-10-06, 5:52 PM #61
(To raoul)Give me a break, you have yet to even offer a reason for traumatization other than "it's rape!"
2005-10-06, 5:53 PM #62
[quote=Raul Duke]Stop trying to flip it around on him...your the one being completely idiotic here...you can't even understand why rape would be traumatizing for a woman..[/quote]

It would be even more traumatizing for a man. But he has a point.
幻術
2005-10-06, 5:55 PM #63

Your problem seems to be that you carry this "get over it" attitude concerning rape. I'm hoping that this view changes when the reality of the situation sets in - it's not something a person just "gets over."

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001955.htm

Quote:
Some women are never fully able to emotionally recover from a rape. Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a common complication. Symptoms include recurrent nightmares or intrusive memories (flashbacks) of the event, social withdrawal, depression, anxiety, and numbing of emotions. Cognitive psychotherapy and antidepressant medications have been shown to be effective treatments for PTSD.

More than 50% of rape victims have some difficulty in re-establishing relationships with spouses or partners or, if unattached, in re-entering the "dating scene."

Any pre-existing psychiatric disorders may be worsened. Suicidal behaviors, depression, and substance abuse may develop or become more prominent.
2005-10-06, 5:55 PM #64
(To raoul)Give me a break, you have yet to even offer a reason for traumatization other than "it's rape!"

So if you were kidnapped, bound, gagged, knocked unconcious and sodomized by 14 farmers, you'd just shrug it off and say "That wasn't so bad. I can't wait to go to work tomorrow."

:confused:
2005-10-06, 5:55 PM #65

Right, theres no way to explain human emotion, buddy. If you can't understand why rape is traumatizing, then you must have a very cold cold heart and practically zero empathy for other people. Are you a physcopath or something?
2005-10-06, 5:55 PM #66

I did. Somewhat. Ish. really, how can you explain something like that? but read my post just above yours, and Wolfy's.
2005-10-06, 5:56 PM #67

That's the reason. I know a girl who got raped, then started chainsmoking, got lung cancer, and died a horribly alone, tortured girl. She was three years older than me. I loved her like a sister. Seriously, Free, you sound so damned ignorant every time you post.
D E A T H
2005-10-06, 5:56 PM #68
You're being silly, sugarless. Get over it.
2005-10-06, 5:57 PM #69
If you do not value your own life over all else (except possibly that of your child[ren] ), you are severly disturbed.
SpamBlogger
"u r dumb, stop or ill sue u
- jak thomsun

p.s. ur gay" - Victor Van Dort

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-06, 5:57 PM #70
Your problem seems to be that you carry this "get over it" attitude concerning rape. I'm hoping that this view changes when the reality of the situation sets in - it's not something a person just "gets over."

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001955.htm

And your problem seems to be that you completely doom the lives of rape victims to forever be hollow husks of people for the rest of their lives, never able to accomplish their life goals. Please, Wolfy. That ability has been taken from someone with murder, BUT NOT with rape.
2005-10-06, 5:59 PM #71
And your problem seems to be that you completely doom the lives of rape victims to forever be hollow husks of people for the rest of their lives, never able to accomplish their life goals. Please, Wolfy. That ability has been taken from someone with murder, BUT NOT with rape.

It's not definite, but you have to admit there is serious psychological damage to a rape victim...It doesn't mean they are necessarily doomed to a life of torture but it happens alot of the time.
2005-10-06, 5:59 PM #72
Originally posted by FancyMan:
If you do not value your own life over all else (except possibly that of your child[ren] ), you are severly disturbed.

It's how you live your life, not how long you live it, that counts.
D E A T H
2005-10-06, 5:59 PM #73
Originally posted by Shintock:
So if you were kidnapped, bound, gagged, knocked unconcious and sodomized by 14 farmers, you'd just shrug it off and say "That wasn't so bad. I can't wait to go to work tomorrow."

:confused:
2005-10-06, 6:00 PM #74

This is exactly my point.

If you would rather be murdered then raped, it means that you value something more than your own life! I'm just trying to figure out what that something is, people! No need to jump down my ****ing throat!
2005-10-06, 6:01 PM #75
This is exactly my point.

If you would rather be murdered then raped, it means that you value something more than your own life! I'm just trying to figure out what that something is, people! No need to jump down my ****ing throat!

I don't think anyone said that. Basically what we mean is that a rapist is just as evil as a murderer. I don't think anyone said "I'd rather be killed then raped" at all.
2005-10-06, 6:01 PM #76
And, if a person is unable to just "get over it," (which is the majority case), quality of life is such that many don't see a point to live. Lose your life, and live in Hell. Hard choice.

I've not doomed people to live as husks. Rape victims need to be helped. But this attitude does no iota of good.
2005-10-06, 6:05 PM #77

it's not about not valuing your life

seriously, I am very easygoing, and I can get over almost anything, but believe me when I say that rape is something else entirely. it is an act of pure brutality and the physical pain would be bad enough, but it would be unbelievably hard to ever get over that kind of invasion and ...

honestly, just try to look at it from the girl's point of view, it's tough because it's a different way of thinking, but...ugh
2005-10-06, 6:05 PM #78
Your attitude that a majority of rape victims are doomed to a life of hell does no iota of good. :rolleyes:
2005-10-06, 6:07 PM #79
Your attitude that a majority of rape victims are doomed to a life of hell does no iota of good. :rolleyes:

UHHH for ****s sake, it's not his attitude it's ****in FACT. Rape destroys the lives of many women! YOUR attitude that they are just being silly wimps is disgusting.
2005-10-06, 6:07 PM #80
they're not, it's just -

okay, you know what? I give up

↑ Up to the top!