Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → This is f****** disgusting
This is f****** disgusting
2005-10-06, 8:24 PM #121
Originally posted by FancyMan:
If you think there are things far worse than death, then go ahead and commit suicide so they'll never happen to you. Darwin at work, people.

...that's not Darwin at work

there are things worse than death, but that doesn't mean you go and commit suicide so that they don't happen. That's like never stepping outside for fear you may get skin cancer.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2005-10-06, 8:31 PM #122
Wow... I certainly missed a lot. Damn three hour class.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-10-06, 8:49 PM #123
Originally posted by Freelancer:
...Because killing someone is better than rape.

Grow a ****ing brain.

I'd say for some of the girls, they'd probobly rather wish that they were killed. At least then, they wouldn't have to live with that mental image and memory of what happened.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2005-10-06, 8:58 PM #124
But there is no corellation between being raped and being worthless/inferior. Why would anyone think they were inferior because they got raped? Someone beat you and someone's p33n touched your wee-wee. It just happened. There's no reason why you have to cross the wires in your brain and associate a random event with feelings of inferiority or whatever.

WTF? Since when are humans perfectly rational, logical robots?? I mean "There's no reason why you have to cross the wires in your brain and associate a random event with feelings of inferiority or whatever" WTF ARE YOU THINKING? Does your mind really operate like a friggin computer program? Last I checked, emotions cannot be consciously controlled..

And what the hell was that "someone's peen touched your wee wee" thing about??? LIKE REALLY WTF??? Now you've just driven me to complete frustration...I've never seen someone with so little respect for rape victims.
2005-10-06, 9:02 PM #125
Erm, Freelancer, uh, go read a psychology textbook or something.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-10-06, 9:04 PM #126
Originally posted by Roach:
I'm going to have to try and present it like this. A rape victim was dehumanized. Someone decided that they no longer deserved the basic rights of a human being and decided they were merely an object of desire, pleasure, inferiority. They were not given a choice, the choice was forced upon them; at that moment, they were below any social standing they believed possible. They are shown just how weak and powerless they are, how vulnerable they are, and how worthless their trust in other people truely was. Sure, they live through the experience, but they will never get back their basic belief of who they are, because someone else already forced upon them that such a thing isn't true.

So you argue that (given the choice) they would rather have been killed instead.

You speak of being dehumanized, and how you can't recover. Maybe it's true for some, but just look at all of the survivors from the Nazi concentration camps. They were dehumanized, some chose suicide, but look at how many chose life instead. Look at how many chose to live and try to reclaim their lives.
I feel it's similar with rape. You've been brought down, now you have a choice. It's not a choice you can make easily, not something that will happen overnight. But you will choose. Do you try to reclaim your humanity, build yourself up into the person you once were; or do you just roll over and decide that your future isn't worth the effort it would take to rebuild yourself.
When someone is murdered they can't rebuild, they can't start over. They're gone. When someone is raped, it's a serious matter, but they can eventually cope. It wont be easy, it wont be quick, but eventually they can take back their lives and move on.

Please do not brush off this post as though this is some game that you mush win by not giving in to other's beliefs; this is a serious matter.
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2005-10-06, 9:06 PM #127
like, um, uh, ok, huhhuhuhuhuhuhuhu.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-06, 9:10 PM #128
Hmm...
2005-10-06, 9:11 PM #129
huhuhuhuhu, like, free sux, um, ok, ok
2005-10-06, 9:11 PM #130
I know this sounds kind of harsh but, Freelancer, have you been raped? Do you know how someone in that position feels? If you don't, please don't talk about it this way. It's just ignorance more than anything.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-10-06, 9:14 PM #131
I'm sorry if I shined a ray of hope through your dreary worldview. :rolleyes: Since you are the pessimist with regard to the matter at hand, you should be the first to STFU.

Oh, how easily pessimist can be confused with realism.

Other than that, his ignorance has been questioned enough for now.
2005-10-06, 9:19 PM #132
:mad: :mad: I abhor rapists with a passion. If I got a chance to hurt those bastards...

And Freelancer, I have no idea how you can think about victims and what they've been through that way - it's not something that you can just take lightly. It completely destabilizes someone's entire self.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-10-06, 9:21 PM #133
Originally posted by Nightwind:
:mad: :mad: I abhor rapists with a passion. If I got a chance to hurt those bastards...

And Freelancer, I have no idea how you can think about victims and what they've been through that way - it's not something that you can just take lightly. It completely destabilizes someone's entire self.

What they're trying to say is, they will suffer from an episode of trauma. Which, however strong you think your mind is, can easily get to you under extreme circumstances.
2005-10-06, 9:32 PM #134
Originally posted by Nightwind:
It completely destabilizes someone's entire self.

Why?

And I don't buy Roach's 'because they have no choice' answer. The fact that you don't have a choice in a matter is not traumatizing.

I find it funny how one simple word can enrage so many people. Why? Why? Why?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-06, 9:48 PM #135
Why? Why? Why?

Well, I just sent Bubba your address... you can find out when he comes to visit.

No, but seriously. Have you ever really known a rape vicitim? Have you seen what it does to them?

My cousin was raped several years ago, and has been different ever since. She bears incredible emotional scars from the ordeal. Why, do you ask? Because the victim is VIOLATED. Their personal dignity has been shattered, they have been forcibly assaulted in an explictly intimate sexual manner, and have had their privacy stolen from them. I would sure as Hell be traumatized of something of the sort happened to me.

You simply can't comprehend, can you...
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-10-06, 9:48 PM #136
The good thing is they all could face life in prison and not be able to continue their precious 'field labor'

I bet the immigrants were illegal too
2005-10-06, 9:48 PM #137
Why?

And I don't buy Roach's 'because they have no choice' answer. The fact that you don't have a choice in a matter is not traumatizing.

Jesus christ your ****in stupid.

You have basically the same mentality of a rapist...They think the same way..."Oh I'm just having my way with her why should she care she'll get over it, it's just sex".... Like really, are you an actual sociapath or something because the number one symptom is an inability to feel or understand emotion and you don't seem to even be able to comprehend emotion in the slighest...its like your a ****in robot.
2005-10-06, 9:49 PM #138
Why?

Because I have to live with the REST OF MY LIFE knowing that someone really close to me had been raped. Furthermore, said person will live with the REST OF HER LIFE with this memory. Think long and steady on just how they were feeling as they were used as nothing mere than a sex object. Helpless they were in fighting off their attacker. Being consigned to endure the physical abuse so that the rapist can have his sick pleasure then having to remember it ad infinitum. This is why it enrages me so. And this is why it even further infurates me that you have such the attidude towards rape victims. I hope you remain single for the rest of your natural life.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-10-06, 9:54 PM #139
Why?

Just stop.
2005-10-06, 9:55 PM #140
Honestly...you were hated before but I think you've just lost the complete respect of every single one of us here...just stop and better yet, leave. I'm hoping your just trolling but if you actually hold these beliefs your ****in sick.
2005-10-06, 9:58 PM #141
So, lets see:

Murder: Uh oh, I'm dead. So much for everything.
Rape: Uh oh, severe emotional trauma. **5 years of counseling later** Yay! I'm happy!
SpamBlogger
"u r dumb, stop or ill sue u
- jak thomsun

p.s. ur gay" - Victor Van Dort

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-06, 9:58 PM #142
Why?

... **** you
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-10-06, 10:00 PM #143
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
I'm starting to believe Darwin was wrong - or evolution just doesn't apply to humans, because we're just acting as brutal as some of our ancestors. Then again, evolution just may not apply to those in Florida. Castrating them wouldn't prevent future rapes either. Bullets on the other hand...

I think that this is part of natural evolution...Many people become very disfunctional and stupid before we advance to the next step of consciousness. the book "The Power Of Now" explains this well
2005-10-06, 10:02 PM #144
So, lets see:

Rape: Uh oh, severe emotional trauma. **5 years of counseling later** Yay! I'm happy!

I know your intentions, but I dissagree. The victim will have the experiance for the remainder of their lives. It's just that the counseling will change their views on it to a less dramatic effect on how they react to it, and they put the bad experiance behind them.

It's part of life experiances. They will never fade; but they can be viewed upon differently and be less-significant.

[QUOTE=Unknown User]I think that this is part of natural evolution...Many people become very disfunctional and stupid before we advance to the next step of consciousness. the book "The Power Of Now" explains this well[/QUOTE]

It's highly doubtful that the next advancment in evolution will be the returning to a savage state of brutality. I dissagree with you both. I just think that you both are now realizing that human society is in general, evil, cruel, and stupid; more or less the latter being confused with the others. And it's because human beings are capable of being evil that permits the individual to contribute that way to society. Especially if they're idiots.
2005-10-06, 10:09 PM #145
So, lets see:

No. It is ever not that way. Not every single person in the set of rape victims can be easily cured in the five year time span you portray. Some do not adapt. Some are capable of dealing with the trauma. You cannot categorize like this.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-10-06, 10:19 PM #146
Originally posted by SG-fan:
So you argue that (given the choice) they would rather have been killed instead...

Yes, they can cope, yes they can rebuild, but they'll never be the same. That's my point.
omnia mea mecum porto
2005-10-06, 10:23 PM #147
I agree with your first post, mr. Temperamental.

However, the world cannot act like it should. O' joy.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-10-06, 10:34 PM #148
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
I hope you remain single for the rest of your natural life.

Me too.
2005-10-06, 10:39 PM #149
Me too.

You want to be alone for the rest of your life? Well this explains alot I suppose.
2005-10-06, 10:45 PM #150
Haha, Freelancer's a rapist.
2005-10-06, 10:46 PM #151
Maybe Free should go down to a local women's shelter and sit in on some of the conseling sessions or something. Or maybe talk to some rape victims, or at least listen to what they have to say about the experience. That might help educate him on the realities of rape and it's affect on its victims.
Pissed Off?
2005-10-06, 10:47 PM #152
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Haha, Freelancer's a rapist.

<3
2005-10-06, 10:47 PM #153
Or he might just continue to be the caliph of intelligence.
2005-10-06, 10:47 PM #154
Or he could just die. One of the three.
2005-10-06, 10:48 PM #155
Quite.
2005-10-06, 10:49 PM #156
Originally posted by Avenger:
Maybe Free should go down to a local women's shelter and sit in on some of the conseling sessions or something. Or maybe talk to some rape victims, or at least listen to what they have to say about the experience. That might help educate him on the realities of rape and it's affect on its victims.

I think Avenger's suggestion is best, in all reality. Or the shelter for battered women has the same principals to him...
2005-10-06, 10:51 PM #157
I think that none of you actually has witnessed how much counceling can do. Believe me. I went through it.

*evil laugh*
>_>
SpamBlogger
- jak thomsun

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-06, 10:53 PM #158
Except you weren't raped. Not all counseling is the same.
Pissed Off?
2005-10-06, 11:24 PM #159
Counseling: it can work for some and not for others. Everyone is different. Some people can walk around normal an hour later and you'd never no anything was wrong..but then you see some that are just destroyed. Freelancer...really, just shut up. You don't know what your talking about so just stop.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-10-07, 12:15 AM #160
Originally posted by Avenger:
Except you weren't raped. Not all counseling is the same.

SpamBlogger
- jak thomsun

↑ Up to the top!