Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I just met the woman I want to marry
I just met the woman I want to marry
2004-07-24, 7:24 PM #1
I've known this girl Robin for like 10 months, met her online by accident and we talked on occasion. Well she moved twice and so it was hard to keep in touch, but I managed. Tonight after trying for 10 months I got a date with her.

Jesus Christ she rules. If I were 24, I would seriously be in love with her probably. The only problem is she is moving to San Antonio for college in 3 and a half weeks and no matter how hard I try, she won't stay. So now I meet this amazing woman, and loose her in 25 days. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

Maybe I should put a pic of her on here for all you Massassians to oogle at.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-07-24, 7:32 PM #2
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THRAWN:

Maybe I should put a pic of her on here for all you Massassians to oogle at.

</font>

I'm not so sure that's a good idea...

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2004-07-24, 7:35 PM #3
Well, she has family here and she said she'll be returning often here. If I really tried it, perhaps a long distance thing could work. I know she isn't the cheating type (this girl is such an angel its not even funny) so she wouldn't dump me in 2 months cause the distance. Hell she hasn't even dated a guy in the last 10 months cause we were trying to hook up. It sucks big time. I'm almost done with college as well though.

------------------
2004-07-24, 7:40 PM #4
I think I'm going to wait for Pagewizard to post, so what I have to say on the subject sounds a lot more reasonable by comparison.
2004-07-24, 7:40 PM #5
whoh, whoh, whoh....

Lets break this down...

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
I've known this girl Robin for like 10 months, met her online by accident and we talked on occasion. Well she moved twice and so it was hard to keep in touch, but I managed. Tonight after trying for 10 months I got a date with her.
</font>

You finally set up a first date after 10 months after hardly seeing each other? From my experience, it's kind of late to start now. Long-distance relationships don't work out. Obligations made to far away people almost always lose out to the temptations made by new people you see every day. Also, her interest towards you has had about 10 months to drop. At this rate, I can't see it getting off of the ground.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">If I were 24, I would seriously be in love with her probably. The only problem is she is moving to San Antonio for college in 3 and a half weeks and no matter how hard I try, she won't stay. So now I meet this amazing woman, and loose her in 25 days.

Maybe I should put a pic of her on here for all you Massassians to oogle at.</font>

..so now oyu're running around in circles counting down the days until she leaves. F***ing wonderful. You are probably the kind thats in it for a relationship, so what exactly do you plan to do in 3 weeks, even if she shows up occasionally? If you were in for a one-nighter, a time window wouldn't be a factor, but you're setting yourself up for hurt here.

I hate to break this to you, but my gut is telling you that if she was into you signifigantly, she would have done all she could have to see you during the past 10 months. However, you had to track her down and you are the one doing all the leg work. that doesn't sound like interest to me. Ideally, you should not have to base everything around her schedule.

think about it... she never tries to get in touch with you, (assuming she has your e-mail or phone# or something). You have to call HER in order to have any talk at all. and it took you 10 months to finally get the ball rolling. It would be naive to expect that she held off and sat around waiting for you to do something those past 10 months, wouldn't you think?

This doesn't sound like it has a lot of potential from my experience, and I'm advising you to not be surprised when it blows up in your face. I've seen it happen to other people that try to take the plunge too fast and everything gets all f***ed up.

Rather than worrying about this chick when she's away, I would write this one off and keep looking for other prospects. There are other chicks out there, and you don't have to wait 10 months to get with them.

Forget about marriage, dude. The odds of that working out from what you posted are like the odds of a snowball thrown into molten lava-- it just won't last.

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited July 24, 2004).]

2004-07-24, 7:41 PM #6
Oh look, I didn't have to wait long at all.
2004-07-24, 7:43 PM #7
pagewizard... stop trying we already completely ignore your advice on women... and when we do read it it's because we wish to laugh

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-07-24, 7:47 PM #8
Page really needs to get one of these.

[http://www.uke.uni-hamburg.de/zentren/experimentelle_medizin/informatik/galerie/images/heart-label-1.jpg]

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-24, 7:47 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
pagewizard... stop trying we already completely ignore your advice on women... and when we do read it it's because we wish to laugh

</font>

Fine, listen to me, ignore me, do whatever. However, I don't want to hear about it when anyone here comes back later and b*tches and moans about how their life is over when they chose not to listen to me.

Learn from me, or let life kick the s*** out of your self-esteem and learn it that way. It makes no difference to me. although some people here have openly admitted my advice to be sound, what the hell do I know? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.

2004-07-24, 7:50 PM #10
Pagewizard_YKS, lets break it down...

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">You finally set up a first date after 10 months after hardly seeing each other? From my experience, it's kind of late to start now. Long-distance relationships don't work out. Obligations made to far away people almost always lose out to the temptations made by new people you see every day. Also, her interest towards you has had about 10 months to drop. At this rate, I can't see it getting off of the ground.</font>

1.) It was more of a "wanna go out?" "No I work" thing for 10 months. It wasn't a "Oh I must go out with her", I was only interested in her for a while. Then the last few months it got more serious.

2.) Long distance relationships can work. A friend of mine who lives in Washington is dating a girl who lives in San Antonio. He is gonna marry her in a few months when he moves there after college.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">..so now oyu're running around in circles counting down the days until she leaves. F***ing wonderful. You are probably the kind thats in it for a relationship, so what exactly do you plan to do in 3 weeks? If you were in for a one-nighter, a time window wouldn't be a factor, but you're setting yourself up for hurt here.</font>

She told me the days, I had no idea when it was. I just knew it was right after my 21st birthday.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I hate to break this to you, but my gut is telling you that if she was into you signifigantly, she would have done all she could have to see you during the past 10 months. However, you had to track her down and you are the one doing all the leg work. that doesn't sound like interest to me.</font>

Again, it wasn't until the last few months it got more serious. And I stopped talking to her, SHE tracked ME down.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">think about it... she never tries to get in touch with you, (assuming she has your e-mail or phone# or something) and it took you 10 months to finally get the ball rolling. This doesn't sound like it has a lot of potential from my experience, and I'm advising you to not be surprised when it blows up in your face.</font>

We both work 40 hour work weeks, I do morning and she works evening. Makes it difficult to meet up. In fact tonight I had to go to where she works, and had to wait for like 2 hours before she finally got off before we took off. She calls me almost every day, and has been for the last few weeks. We didn't exchange numbers until about 3 months ago.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Rather than worrying about this chick when she's away, I would write this one off and keep looking for other prospects. there are other chicks out there, and you don't have to wait 10 months to get with them.</font>

No shiznat, I know that. And there are other "prospects" that I have. But if I had to choose right now, it'd be this one, providing she stayed here.

------------------
2004-07-24, 7:55 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
whoh, whoh, whoh....

Lets break this down...

..so now oyu're running around in circles counting down the days until she leaves. F***ing wonderful. You are probably the kind thats in it for a relationship, so what exactly do you plan to do in 3 weeks, even if she shows up occasionally? If you were in for a one-nighter, a time window wouldn't be a factor, but you're setting yourself up for hurt here.</font>

A well spent three weeks can easily be used to open the door for a long distance relationship. See his other post. Also the 10 months they spent getting together shows they can communicate from a distance.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I hate to break this to you, but my gut is telling you that if she was into you signifigantly, she would have done all she could have to see you during the past 10 months. However, you had to track her down and you are the one doing all the leg work. that doesn't sound like interest to me. Ideally, you should not have to base everything around her schedule. </font>

The reason he had to "track her down" was because she was moving a lot. She simply couldn't get a hold of him often. The fact that she didn't spend every bit of her free time contacting him isn't proof that the relationship is going to fail. It just means that she didn't completely sacrifice herself to the relationship. For most of us this is common, but I suppose you're used to girls wanting to die for you.

He's not the one moving around all the time. So of course he should be the one to keep in contact. But also he never said that she never came to him. You're making an assumption.

Also, he's not basing *everything* around her schedule. You don't know the whole story. Stop making assumptions.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Rather than worrying about this chick when she's away, I would write this one off and keep looking for other prospects. There are other chicks out there, and you don't have to wait 10 months to get with them.</font>

1) Stop using chauvinistic language. It reveals the truth of your position.
2) You make this girl sound like an object. If THRAWN really feels strongly about her then he should go for it. This isn't something that can be simplified down to a universal formula. It has to be subjective. Stop trying to force your crappy philosophy onto people who have proven many times to not want it.
2004-07-24, 7:55 PM #12
Quote:
But if I had to choose right now, it'd be this one, providing she stayed here.

</font>

You originally omitted the facts that she contacted you.

Besides, what's so special about this chick that you can't look past her to the other prospects? In the past, I made the mistake of pursuing a single chick no matter what, and in retrospect I didn't get that much in return for all the trouble i went to to get it. I've found its better and easier not to get too attatched to one chick too soon. Sure, it happens, but it takes a few months for me.

also, Even though you have given me an example of a Long-distance relationship that worked, I can probably give you at least 10 examples that didn't.

------------------

2004-07-24, 8:01 PM #13
Quote:

You originally omitted the facts that she contacted you.

Besides, what's so special about this chick that you can't look past her to the other prospects?

also, Even though you have given me an example of a Long-distance relationship that worked, I can probably give you at least 10 examples that didn't.
</font>

Good for you. But even if there is one, THERE IS STILL HOPE. Every day people die from HIV/AIDS, but they continue to look for a cure. Why? IT'S HOPE.

And even if I omitted one little fact, you were quick to jump to too many conclusions.

The fact is one day she is living with her grandparents, Im chatting with her, etc. A few weeks later, it's at her aunt now. Then literally in one day, she was living with her mom and dad, and that was when we started talking more often. The reason being is she uses her cell phone for Yahoo messenger, and so I can contact her anytime. Versus before when if I said "Hey whats up" on an offline message, it'd be 2-3 weeks before I got a reply.

------------------
2004-07-24, 8:03 PM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jedi Legend:
Stop trying to force your crappy philosophy onto people who have proven many times to not want it.</font>

heh heh, the same thing could be said about the politically correct bulls*** I see drifting around the boards sometimes. I would love to get a spear and pin whoever thought of political correctnes to the wall with it. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

I find it amusing that you call me a chauvinist b/c simply I make a chick appeal to me instead of the other way around. It sure beats kissing a**. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

Anyway, It is not my intent that this thread degenerate into a flame war yet. For one, I haven't had my fun yet, and other people may want to contribute before the thread gets locked.

------------------

2004-07-24, 8:05 PM #15
Quote:

And even if I omitted one little fact, you were quick to jump to too many conclusions.

</font>

I'm applying what I learned from simple observation.

I'm quick to assume stuff b/c I have seen how stuff begins like this and I also know how it usually ends. It falls into a nice little pattern.

------------------
2004-07-24, 8:06 PM #16
Pagewizard_YKS, you are obviously too immature to understand women. Grow up and just leave this thread. I don't want this thread to degenerate into a flame war because you are too immature to understand the difference between getting a woman, and getting a slut. Sure the latter is nicer, but in the long run the woman is better. Just leave the frigging thread.

Everyone just ignore him. I don't want this thread locked, if the admins want to, please just delete his posts.

------------------
2004-07-24, 8:06 PM #17
We're just all sick of hearing you repeat your same bull**** over and over again. We don't need to be reminded in every thread of how far up your arse your head is.

------------------
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-24, 8:11 PM #18
Thrawn and flexor:

I'll save you guys some scrolling:

Quote:

Fine, listen to me, ignore me, do whatever. However, I don't want to hear about it when anyone here comes back later and b*tches and moans about how their life is over when they chose not to listen to me.

Learn from me, or let life kick the s*** out of your self-esteem and learn it that way. It makes no difference to me. although some people here have openly admitted my advice to be sound, what the hell do I know? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

</font>

I have as much right to post as you do. Even if i continue posting, what are you going to do about it? I'm not breaking forum rules by posting my thoughts, which is the same thing everyone else does.

Would you guys prefer that I just lie to people and tell them what they want to hear? I can't bring myself to sell out like that, so request denied.

So you hate my posts, and probably hate me. Big f***ing deal. What's your point in attacking me? It's not like you can actualy do anything to me while I'm sitting here. The only way you are going to get rid of me is to ban me, and so far I haven't done anything ban-worthy to the best of my recollection. Posting my opinion wasn't a crime the last time I read the rules. I try to be civil, but some people here (you know who you are) attack me first simply b/c oyu don't like what I type.

------------------

2004-07-24, 8:16 PM #19
Quote:
Would you guys prefer that I just lie to people and tell them what they want to hear? </font>

I'd prefer if you'd just shut up completely. Everytime we have a thread like this it goes to hell the second you open your mouth. We're just sick of your better-than-everyone attitude, don't you get it?

------------------
2004-07-24, 8:17 PM #20
Page....you made quite a few assumptions in your advice that you gave. Here is a tip: in your advice, don't break anything down unless it really needs to be. Here is an example(my advice to Thrawn):

Enjoy what time you have left, but I doubt this relationship will last long distance. Eventually one of you will find someone else closer and that is when things go down hill. Just don't get your hopes up.

JL: It's not chauvinistic. It's a common expression and if you are offended or you think anyone would be offended by that, you need to seriously lower your sensitivities because not only are you miscontruing it's intention you are also misunderstanding its meaning. It is not a demeaning word. It is just like calling a guy a "Dude". It's slang. If someone wants to use a surfer term than have fun. Normally I wouldn't make a big deal about this, but people have previously brought this up as well.

------------------
Kieran: The reason I put a link to it is because she is in underwear and I know the admins are touchy on that.
Yecti: Jaiph will touch himself for hours if he so much as smells a woman's underwear
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-07-24, 8:17 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
I'd prefer if you'd just shut up completely. Everytime we have a thread like this it goes to hell the second you open your mouth. We're just sick of your better-than-everyone attitude, don't you get it?

</font>

When did I say that I was better than anyone here? Also, anyone that posts a thread like this knows damn well I'm going to show up.

Kieran: Perhaps I did overanalyze, but I believe in being thorough in detail, hence the post dissection.

------------------

2004-07-24, 8:21 PM #22
You are immature. This will be my last post towards you and I hope everyone else ignores you.

One of my best friends is 38 years old. THIRTY-EIGHT, and I am not even 21. I know this woman, get up, go to her home, chat with her and her kids and she has 2 kids who are 18 and 20.

She said that I am years beyond maturity for my age because of my understanding of relationships. The way I view/think is not what your average 20 year old thinks. I don't look at women as a piece of meat for one night stands and booty calls like you seem to do. I have several friends who are older than me, both men and women, and the reason I get along so well with them is because I don't act like a 20 year old. I had a manager at work thing I was in my mid 20s simply because of how mature I acted. She made me pull out my license to prove I was 20.

And we all know how you feel like women, so even if you "request deny" that stuff, just leave the thread. You already contaminated the think with your filth, and all you'll be doing now is beating a dead horse that you've done enough of in the past. Stop repeating yourself.

When we were talking tonight in her apartment, I asked her why she chose me over any other guy. Her words? Because I am not immature and stupid. She said she went out on dates with other guys in the past 10 months, and all of them were stupid and immature, and I am the complete opposite. Her own words, that I was more mature and intelligent than anyone else my age that she has met. Then we made out for an hour.

I don't care about you, or your opinion, I never have and I never will. What becomes of you does not matter to me, and no matter how much you try and act like you know what you are talking about, you are simply being foolish because I won't listen. Why? Because I think you are too immature and arguing with you is like arguing with an idiot. I'll just be dragged down to your level. You are beneath me in maturity and not worth my time anymore. Call me arrogant, stuck up, I don't care what you think about me. I know I am right.

------------------

[This message has been edited by THRAWN (edited July 24, 2004).]
2004-07-24, 8:26 PM #23
Quote:
This will be my last post towards you and I hope everyone else ignores you.
</font>

Request granted.

------------------
2004-07-24, 8:26 PM #24
But where's the picture? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-07-24, 8:28 PM #25
It's in my pants... ¬_¬

------------------
2004-07-24, 8:32 PM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FastGamerr:
But where's the picture? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

</font>

[http://imagecorner.sorrowind.net/264/2.jpg]

------------------
2004-07-24, 8:32 PM #27
[edit]Nevermind.[/edit]

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by SG1_129 (edited July 24, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by SG1_129 (edited July 25, 2004).]
2004-07-24, 8:35 PM #28
[Damn. What Thrawn said.]

[This message has been edited by Ictus (edited July 24, 2004).]
2004-07-24, 8:36 PM #29
Quote:
When did I say that I was better than anyone here?</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Learn from me, or let life kick the s*** out of your self-esteem and learn it that way.</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I don't want to hear about it when anyone here comes back later and b*tches and moans about how their life is over when they chose not to listen to me.</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">also, Even though you have given me an example of a Long-distance relationship that worked, I can probably give you at least 10 examples that didn't.</font>

These and other quotes just give some of us the idea you have some sort of superiority complex..

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-07-24, 8:41 PM #30
Quote:
You are immature. This will be my last post towards you and I hope everyone else ignores you.

</font>

Since you have already burned the bridge, and I thus have nothing to lose, I'll be blunt:

Is what you're doing able to be described as mature? You are really going to burn the bridge over a difference in opinion? Hell, I don't agree with what a lot of people say here about me or my philosophy, but I don't take it personally.

Your first post sounded to me like you were about to make a big mistake, and I went on what I had to go on even though some important facts about the situation were omitted. I was trying to save you some troubles by stepping in and offering advice. You don't want it, fair enough. Learn for yourself. I respect independent thinking, and you made your choice by not taking my advice.
Again, fair enough.

But seriously, what kind of man are you that you would break all contact over a mere disagreement? I find that hard to believe.

------------------
2004-07-24, 8:44 PM #31
Ok, most people won't want to read my post so I'll summarize the good part on the top. Pagewizard's advice leads to nuclear war and genocide. Don't follow it.

Quote:
heh heh, the same thing could be said about the politically correct bulls*** I see drifting around the boards sometimes. I would love to get a spear and pin whoever thought of political correctnes to the wall with it. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

I find it amusing that you call me a chauvinist b/c simply I make a chick appeal to me instead of the other way around. It sure beats kissing a**. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
</font>

No. I call you a chauvinist because of your treatment of females as objects. The above quote PROVES that you are a chauvinist by my standards. You offer no alternative standard so you're going to lose that debate. Not that it's hard to prove treating another gender as an object is chauvinistic.

The fact that you think you can call women "chicks" and treat them like animals you would keep in a cage, grow, slaughter, and sell is a disgusting metaphor. Don't tell me it's just a word or phrase. It's an idea. Your use of the word is completely consistent with everything else you post. But why should we care? Here's why:

A. If everyone was like you then we would never stop treating people as objects. The fact that you preach this mindset on this web-site proves that you want to spread it more.

B. If you don't like nuclear war, environmental apocalypse, or international genocide then you don't like Pagewizard.

Or as Berube put it:
"Dehumanization is nuclear war, environmental apocalypse, and international genocide. When people become things, they become dispensable. When people are dispensable, any and every atrocity can be justified. Once justified, they seem to be inevitable for every epoch has evil and dehumanization is evil's most powerful weapon. "

[This message has been edited by Jedi Legend (edited July 24, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Jedi Legend (edited July 24, 2004).]
2004-07-24, 8:45 PM #32
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Freelancer:
These and other quotes just give some of us the idea you have some sort of superiority complex..

</font>

No superiority complex, just experience.
Life can be a hell of a teacher.

Besides, if I did think that I was better than everyone else here, then what would be my motivation for sharing my advice, or even posting here at all, for that matter? I'm not getting paid to do it. I do it b/c i give a f*** about people here and I want you to have the opportunity to learn. However, its a choice you must make. Even if you choose against me, I still post my advice for the sake of those that do not get involved, but may have similar problems.

------------------
2004-07-24, 8:51 PM #33
Learn some tact. You'd dodge 90% of the flack you get if you'd simply word your posts in such a way as not to get everyone riled up, and you know what I mean. Don't tell me you don't.

To further illustrate my point:

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">No superiority complex, just experience.
Life can be a hell of a teacher.</font>

There you go again. You think you have more experience than me? I've lived as long a life as you, bud. Again with the superiority complex. You could have worded that so much better to get people off your *** , but you didn't. You chose to further your superiority complex.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-07-24, 8:56 PM #34
and this is where the curiosity in me questions your experience...

i mean how old are you? if you are in the average age range then you can't have had much experience...

i don't know you but these questions always come up...

anyone who constantly feels the need to talk about their experience is likely to not have any experience

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-07-24, 8:59 PM #35
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jedi Legend:
No. I call you a chauvinist because of your treatment of females as objects. The above quote PROVES that you are a chauvinist by my standards. You offer no alternative standard so you're going to lose that debate. Not that it's hard to prove treating another gender as an object is chauvinistic.
Anyway, It is not my intent that this thread degenerate into a flame war yet. For one, I haven't had my fun yet, and other people may want to contribute before the thread gets locked.

The fact that you think you can call women "chicks" and treat them like animals you would keep in a cage, grow, slaughter, and sell is a disgusting metaphor. Don't tell me it's just a word or phrase. It's an idea. Your use of the word is completely consistent with everything else you post. But why should we care? Here's why:

A. If everyone was like you then we would never stop treating people as objects. The fact that you preach this mindset on this web-site proves that you want to spread it more.

B. If you don't like nuclear war, environmental apocalypse, or international genocide then you don't like Pagewizard.

Or as Berube put it:
"Dehumanization is nuclear war, environmental apocalypse, and international genocide. When people become things, they become dispensable. When people are dispensable, any and every atrocity can be justified. Once justified, they seem to be inevitable for every epoch has evil and dehumanization is evil's most powerful weapon. "
</font>

You went off on a big-time tangent there.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The fact that you think you can call women "chicks" and treat them like animals you would keep in a cage, grow, slaughter, and sell is a disgusting metaphor.</font>

When did i say I advocate keeping women in cages? Some people here like to cite quotes that do not exist.

I think I can call women chicks b/c who is going to stop me? I happen to hate political correctness more than anything else on this planet. It's self-imposed slavery to other people's feelings, and for what? Just so people don't get offended and we can all eventually be happy and sit naked around a big peace symbol? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif] Give me a f***ing break. The world doesn't work like that. I'm a realist. If you hate me for what I believe in, it will make your day to know that there are multitudes of people like me everywhere that hold somewhat similar ideals as me to some extent. We probably outnumber you. Idealogical PC people are more or less confined to the universities and more liberal workplaces-- real life takes it out of them. Most people don't take it seriously. People like me run amok through the world, and we spread.

Besides, you political cofrrectness people probably piss more people off more than I ever have. You go around forcing people into your idealogy, whereas I just give my philosophy freely and expect people to make up their own damn minds. And yet I'm the one getting b*tched ed at here.

------------------
2004-07-24, 9:05 PM #36
You don't oppress and force your ideology on other people. You just act condescending toward them.

------------------
<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
<jipe> .. yes, Ubuu, we're racist commy nazi jews, and we hate male pattern baldness
<Professor`K> Sorry, but half-way through your logic, my head exploded
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-07-24, 9:07 PM #37
Oh yes, PC sucks big time.

Hey everyone, from now on lets not be PC and call gay people fags, African American people the N word and Hispanics, Caucasian and Asians nasty words too. After all PC sucks!

And while we are at it, lets stuff our beliefs down others throats then jump back and say "Oh I'm just letting you make up your own mind" when people made there mind up to begin with and don't give a flying flip about your opinion and stuffing it down there throat and jumping back just shows how much of an idiot you are. Power to the people! Preach brother, preach!

------------------
2004-07-24, 9:07 PM #38
That's where you're wrong. Jedi Legend isn't forcing anybody into any ideaology by any stretch of the imagination. You, on the otherhand, are bordering on it, by the sheer amounts of posts you have on the subject, on this and other threads.

[This message has been edited by Freelancer (edited July 25, 2004).]
2004-07-24, 9:08 PM #39
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
and this is where the curiosity in me questions your experience...

i mean how old are you? if you are in the average age range then you can't have had much experience...

i don't know you but these questions always come up...

anyone who constantly feels the need to talk about their experience is likely to not have any experience

</font>

I'm 20. I have experience b/c I listened to the advice of others and learned from them. That took years off of the learning process. Why should each generation reinvent the wheel?

the one that made me learned it from the one that made him, and so on. My advice is an intimite knowledge of what we as humans should know anyway, the stuff that society has tamed out of most people out there. My advice should not have to be taught, it should alrady be known. it has been a part of humanity ever since there was a humanity. What I'm teaching is ancient. Men from centuries past did not need to learn how to be successful with women, they were raised with it and its a part of them. I (and others like me) are trying to return us to that. Society and our culture has stripped men of their masculinity to various degrees. I'm trying to undo the damage.

------------------
2004-07-24, 9:10 PM #40
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
You don't oppress and force your ideology on other people. You just act condescending toward them.

</font>

That may be an unintentional side effect. I've been long separated from how most of you guys think-- it no longer makes sense to me. It's hard to remember what it is like sometimes.

And Thrawn: I thought you weren't talking to me anymore. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------

↑ Up to the top!