Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Should I Get 360 or PS3 ?
Should I Get 360 or PS3 ?
2007-11-24, 8:52 PM #41
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
question about the VGA AV cables. I don't have them, but my dumbass friend does and he says he can't figure out how to get sound from his xbox. Is there a place to plug PC speakers into the cables or what, because he refuses to give me his cables to see.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103025

If he can't figure out how to get sound out of that...
2007-11-24, 9:05 PM #42
Seriously... It's two RCA cables. If he's plugging it into a tv and the RCA doesn't work, the pack comes with a miniplug adapter, and there's probably a miniplug connection for audio somewhere on the tv.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2007-11-24, 9:06 PM #43
Like I said: dumbass. Sometimes I'm ashamed of my friends.

I only ask though because I'm interested in it; I can't afford an HD TV and my parents don't see the use for one.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2007-11-24, 11:07 PM #44
See, im not really into Vid, games, and the only series i LOVE i mean i LOVE it is Metal Gear Solid, but, id LIKE to play Assasins creed, Kane and Lynch, army of two, the new star wars game, the force unleashed, and the NEW ghostbusters game comin out, im not into all tha online M.P. BS and i dont plan on being into it, Vid. Games is more of something on the side from music from me, at this point, im getting a 360, more cost effective, and i WANT to EVENTUALLY get an HD TV, but idk what is good and not good
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2007-11-24, 11:07 PM #45
Originally posted by Rob:
There is no option on this poll for "a life"

So I didn't vote.

A vote wouldn't have taken place even if it was an option.

[sub]OH NO I DIDN'T JUST SA...[/sub]
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-11-24, 11:09 PM #46
Originally posted by Darth_Xasthur:
See, im not really into Vid, games

I don't get it. "Vid." is faster to type than "video"?
2007-11-24, 11:23 PM #47
? umm idk if thats revelent, but from now on, just for you, Video Game, ahhhh, that feels better....... Sorry about my slang, too much BET
2007-11-24, 11:25 PM #48
You need professional help.
2007-11-24, 11:25 PM #49
Vid, games....
Sound like what my redneck great-uncle would call them.
2007-11-24, 11:27 PM #50
lol, that was just funny thinking about someone saying that, lol
2007-11-24, 11:53 PM #51
See, im not really into Vid, games, and the only series i LOVE i mean i LOVE it is Metal Gear Solid, but, id LIKE to play Assasins creed, Kane and Lynch, army of two, the new star wars game, the force unleashed, and the NEW ghostbusters game comin out, im not into all tha online M.P. BS and i dont plan on being into it, Vid. Games is more of something on the side from music from me, at this point, im getting a 360, more cost effective, and i WANT to EVENTUALLY get an HD TV, but idk what is good and not good

Honestly then it looks like you might want the PS3 if you really like MGS4 that much. All the other games iirc are out on PS3.
D E A T H
2007-11-25, 12:01 AM #52
the other option im facing is to just not get a stytem at all, just wait till there at disk replay for 20 Dolla, IDK New Guitar, or New "VIDEO" Game system....
2007-11-25, 12:01 AM #53
? umm idk if thats revelent, but from now on, just for you, Video Game, ahhhh, that feels better....... Sorry about my slang, too much BET

OHHH REALLYYYYY

I THINK YOU SHOULD R-E-A-D-a-B-O-O-K
Back again
2007-11-25, 12:07 AM #54
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Xasthur [http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/images/themes/standard2/buttons/viewpost.gif]

OHHH REALLYYYYY

what? why do i need to read a book to learn how to say VIEDO instead of "VID", though it may not seem like it, i do read alot, stephen king, ann rice, John Grushum (totally messed that up) and J.R.R. Tolkien
2007-11-25, 12:29 AM #55
Then do us all a favor and at least attempt proper grammar. It's a sin upon my eyes to read most of your posts.
2007-11-25, 12:33 AM #56
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Then do us all a favor and at least attempt proper grammar. It's a sin upon my eyes to read most of your posts.

well, i dident really think that many ppl read what i posted, lol, the only reason i post this stuff is either cuz im board or cuz i have a question, i guess i should thank you for at least reading my posts, even if your an *** about my grammer, but i dont think its my grammer thats annoying, its my Typing and Spelling, right?

PS- ok and maby my "rants" that end up being one huge run on sentence with a 100000 comma's
2007-11-25, 12:43 AM #57
[url]www.myspace.com[/url]
2007-11-25, 12:47 AM #58
Do not post nonsense, or make a post simply to increase your post count. - Posts should contain content appropriate to the topic of discussion for the thread.

You should read the rules.
Back again
2007-11-25, 12:47 AM #59
Originally posted by Warlockmish:
OHHH REALLYYYYY

Damn.

Warlockmish just burned Darth_whatshisface something FIERCE. Thats pretty bad.
2007-11-25, 12:56 AM #60
I still dont get how reading a book, prevents me from using "VID"
2007-11-25, 1:02 AM #61
Then you lied when you said you spend too much time on BET.

Liar.
Back again
2007-11-25, 1:05 AM #62
idk, i hope you not being "Fo' Real" ive NEVER watched BET "DAWG"
2007-11-25, 4:39 AM #63
If you don't intend people to read your posts, don't post. If you intend for people to read your posts then make some attempt at using correct spelling, punctuation and grammar.

This isn't being mean, it takes about 20 times the effort to read your posts compared to say Warlockmish or Obi_Kwiet.

Things like "idk", "cuz" and "ppl" are how you type to save characters in a text message, this is a forum where posts can have many thousands of characters.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2007-11-25, 8:06 AM #64
I own a ps3, but voted for xbox360. I probably shouldnt have voted for xbox360 since I have no experience with them, it was more a vote against the ps3.

I having the ps3 running Folding@Home 24/7 - I figure if it discovers the cure to one of the diseases caused by protien misfolding then I might feel a little better about my purchase.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2007-11-25, 8:26 AM #65
You guys, stop harassing him. Not everyone is good or even cares about grammar. Get over it. If it seriously bothers you that you have to do a little decoding when you read, then you are lazy.

Try reading it with a voice, it will make more sense, and be fun.
2007-11-25, 8:50 AM #66
There isn't any reason for having to decode someones ghetto trash on a forum. There's no time limit for posting to justify pseudo-efficient abbreviations of short words, and the character limit on posts is really quite high which completely removes any need to condense paragraphs into a seizure of acronyms and misplaced commas. I'm sure everyone fully understands that people make typing errors which can lead to odd grammar or a misspelled word - but considering Xasthur is 19 it's not a stretch to assume - or perhaps hope - he has a basic grasp of written language. Given that he consistently uses incorrect grammar makes me wonder how he hasn't picked up anything from reading novels or, I don't know, school.
2007-11-25, 8:51 AM #67
VIDYA GAEMS.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-11-25, 9:14 AM #68
Resistance II and Syphon Filter has been mentioned for PS3 exclusives only.
2007-11-25, 10:04 AM #69
Yeah, only those two games hmm?
Back again
2007-11-25, 10:05 AM #70
And the 360 has Mass Effect, Halo 3, Bioshock, Gears Of War....
2007-11-25, 10:11 AM #71
I own and would vote for a 360. I use mine all the time and don't even play games that much. It connects flawlessly to my Media Center PC across the house so now I have free Tivo-like ability on my big screen. I get so much more value out of the things I already own by having it. I subscribe to Live to get the most out of my 360. I have always been impressed with the service Live provides for the equivalent of about $4 a month. I also generally prefer games on the XBox to games on the PC.

Now if I were choosing a platform as a hardcore gamer I would still choose the 360 as it has the exclusives I am most interested in. You should probably make your choice the same way.

I like Sony hardware. I still use the same Dolby Pro Logic receiver I purchased about 13 years ago and plan to eventually replace it with another Sony receiver. I have never been impressed with the Playstation line though. I believed the PS1 was inferior to the Nintendo 64. The PS2 was inferior to the Xbox in my mind. The PS3 is a fine piece of equipment but leads me to my only real problem with Sony is that they love to combine their hardware with proprietary storage devices. I would never buy a digital camera of theirs due to the memory card format. I wouldn't buy a PS3 because I don't want to use my money to cast a vote for the Blue Ray format. It might be a fine format but, as it stands right now, you have to buy two different players to watch all the current high def content and some studios aren't releasing high def content because they want only one format out there.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2007-11-25, 10:22 AM #72
FXIII is confirmed a PS3 exclusive also. So......

:P
2007-11-25, 10:33 AM #73
360 and Wii, best combo
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2007-11-25, 11:21 AM #74
Originally posted by Warlockmish:
Yeah, only those two games hmm?

And God of War 3 and Shivering Isles (comes with Oblivion) and Resistance 1 and...there are plenty of exclusives for the PS3.

Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
And the 360 has Mass Effect, Halo 3, Bioshock, Gears Of War....

Only two of which are exclusives. Stop posting.

Originally posted by Wookie06:
I own and would vote for a 360. I use mine all the time and don't even play games that much. It connects flawlessly to my Media Center PC across the house so now I have free Tivo-like ability on my big screen. I get so much more value out of the things I already own by having it. I subscribe to Live to get the most out of my 360. I have always been impressed with the service Live provides for the equivalent of about $4 a month. I also generally prefer games on the XBox to games on the PC.

Now if I were choosing a platform as a hardcore gamer I would still choose the 360 as it has the exclusives I am most interested in. You should probably make your choice the same way.

I like Sony hardware. I still use the same Dolby Pro Logic receiver I purchased about 13 years ago and plan to eventually replace it with another Sony receiver. I have never been impressed with the Playstation line though. I believed the PS1 was inferior to the Nintendo 64. The PS2 was inferior to the Xbox in my mind. The PS3 is a fine piece of equipment but leads me to my only real problem with Sony is that they love to combine their hardware with proprietary storage devices. I would never buy a digital camera of theirs due to the memory card format. I wouldn't buy a PS3 because I don't want to use my money to cast a vote for the Blue Ray format. It might be a fine format but, as it stands right now, you have to buy two different players to watch all the current high def content and some studios aren't releasing high def content because they want only one format out there.

It was all good until you got the PS* bit. The PS1 trounced the N64 if only for audio/storage and game selection, the PS2 RAPED the xbox. Sorry, there was no contest there. Even with online play (lol halo 2 and that's about it) the PS2 still bent the xbox over backward and force fed it its monstrous penis. There's a reason the PS2 outsold a lot of the newest gen of consoles up until just recently. I don't really care what you were into--unless you were just a hardcore Halo fan, the xbox was really quite trash and useless--not to mention it had a lot of problems in comparison to the PS2 (though the earliest model PS2s had their share). Sorry, but there really was never a contest between those two, whatever your opinion may be.

The PS1 I guess you could say you liked the n64 better...I liked it better for parties, but the PS1 was the better system overall. I really don't see where you're even beginning to come from with those two.
D E A T H
2007-11-25, 11:33 AM #75
If you are buying a console right now get a 360. If you buy a PS3 you won't be using it for months or possibly years anyway, so you might as well wait.
2007-11-25, 12:34 PM #76
360 needs to stop getting good games.

Xbox was NEVER supposed to get good games. :/

If not for the mediocrity that is the Halo series, this **** never would have happened. :/
2007-11-25, 12:43 PM #77
Originally posted by Rob:
If not for the mediocrity that is the Halo series, this **** never would have happened. :/

yes I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that the xbox 360 is a much better platform for game creation, the fact that the xbox 360 was earlier to market and established a userbase in the millions while sony was still trying to figure out how to make blue lasers, the fact that 360 game discs can be manufactured using well-established facilities or the fact that sony made the system as unattractive to the industry as possible by enforcing draconian licensing requirements, obscene licensing fees and withholding development kits from developers until after the system was on store shelves.

yes. it's all because of halo.
2007-11-25, 12:45 PM #78
I agree with you Jon`C, I also like games that look like crap because they're running on a system with half as much RAM and half the optical drive data throughput.
2007-11-25, 12:47 PM #79
Originally posted by Detty:

This isn't being mean, it takes about 20 times the effort to read your posts compared to say Warlockmish or Obi_Kwiet.

:awesome:
2007-11-25, 12:50 PM #80
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
And God of War 3 and Shivering Isles (comes with Oblivion) and Resistance 1 and...there are plenty of exclusives for the PS3.

Not to nitpick, but Shivering Isles was released for 360.

Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
Like I said, dumbass. Sometimes I'm ashamed of my friends.

I only ask though because I'm interested in it; I can't afford an HD TV and my parents don't see the use for one.

Here's how I have mine set up. VGA for my LCD monitor connects to the 360's VGA (it comes with a female-female adapter to do this). Red and White RCAs go into the adapter that came with the cable (two female RCA jacks, to one female mini jack (like a standard pair of headphones would plug into)), then I have a minijack extension cable running to my PC's sound card's line in. From there I jsut use my PC's headphones, and can hear 360 stuff *and* PC stuff at the same time (useful to I know when I have an MSN message, that kind of thing). PC sound could be muted if desired. The VGA adapter also has an optical out, but I don't have anything that uses that. Just for fun, I have a second LCD monitor connected to my PC so I can still monitor IRC, MSN, even do web browsing in between games.

Also, I suggest getting the actual Microsoft-made adapter. Some third party companies have made them, but I believe they're lower quality and don't include the female-to-female VGA coupler, or the RCA-to-mini jack adapter (this might be why your friend can't figure it out).

↑ Up to the top!