Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Should I Get 360 or PS3 ?
Should I Get 360 or PS3 ?
2007-11-25, 12:53 PM #81
Originally posted by Aglar:
Not to nitpick, but Shivering Isles was released for 360.

Knights of the Nine, my bad. I knew one of the expansions was on the PS3 as opposed to the 360. PS3 owners got both expansions in one game along with oblivion...360 owners had to buy them separately. Kinda stupid.
D E A T H
2007-11-25, 12:53 PM #82
I loved knights of nine.

Shivering Isle, etc. is out on the GotY edition.
2007-11-25, 1:03 PM #83
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Knights of the Nine, my bad. I knew one of the expansions was on the PS3 as opposed to the 360. PS3 owners got both expansions in one game along with oblivion...360 owners had to buy them separately. Kinda stupid.

Ah, no big deal. I assume it had something to do with the game being released later for PS3 (how could they been bundled when they weren't released yet?). I suppose they could have been made a free download but eh, that's life. Anyway, as Anovis said, I'm pretty sure it's all in the GotY edition which is also on 360.
2007-11-25, 2:53 PM #84
I voted 360, since I'm getting one for Christmas.
2007-11-25, 6:23 PM #85
Only two of which are exclusives. Stop posting.

I thought we decided that for the purposes of this thread, the term "exclusive" would apply only to the consoles. Right?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2007-11-25, 7:02 PM #86
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
I thought we decided that for the purposes of this thread, the term "exclusive" would apply only to the consoles. Right?

lolwut

Where did I sign that contract?
D E A T H
2007-11-25, 7:55 PM #87
Point taken. =P

But since it is a PS3 v. 360 discussion, exclusive in the context of those two systems makes sense.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2007-11-25, 8:41 PM #88
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
Point taken. =P

But since it is a PS3 v. 360 discussion, exclusive in the context of those two systems makes sense.

True enough, but I think including a computer is a fairly elementary process seeing as we all...have one. Granted, however, you may not be able to play these games on them.
D E A T H
2007-11-25, 8:42 PM #89
Get a girlfriend. :colbert:
My blawgh.
2007-11-25, 8:49 PM #90
Voted for Mass Effect.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-11-25, 9:43 PM #91
Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:
Get a girlfriend. :colbert:

Not that it has anything to do with anything but that was random and funny. What i really want to ask is, do you think they will release Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots on Xbox 360 Eventually, i mean dident they "EVENTUALLY" release with all the other games too? I mean thats the only REAL game that i want to get, besides ghost busters and Force Unleashed, But do you think it will go for the 360. By the way if its not clear, this question is for everyone...
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2007-11-25, 10:17 PM #92
I bet it will eventually. But who knows?

The 360 still has a lot of great exclusive now, but the PS3 will have a bunch later. If you're not convinced of the 360, just wait a few months and get a PS3 and HDTV together.
2007-11-25, 10:48 PM #93
Originally posted by Darth_Xasthur:
lol, that was just funny thinking about someone saying that, lol

:downs:
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2007-11-26, 1:14 PM #94
IM glad i can make you smile..
2007-11-26, 4:13 PM #95
Quote:
:downs:

IM glad i can make you smile..

:v:
I had a blog. It sucked.
2007-11-26, 9:04 PM #96
Someone should make a poll. I dont care what its about, i just like polls. Do the Deed.
2007-11-26, 9:34 PM #97
Houston, we've got a missing chromosome.
Back again
2007-11-27, 11:07 AM #98
Even though you've probably made up your mind by now, look at it this way. PS2 started off with some mediocre games with not so impressive graphics, but by the end masterpieces like FFXII and Shadow of the Collosus(sp?) were made. 360 is already a year into game developments. Its going to retire sooner than the PS3, and probably not look near as good by the end of it. My personal bias right now is get the 360, because it has more games that are worth getting, but by the end of it all, the PS3 will likely win out.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2007-11-27, 11:11 AM #99
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
the PS3 will likely win out.

Maybe if they bow down and start sucking the collective wangs of all the developers they pissed off with their retarded hardware architecture and poor business practices, then this might happen.

But, I don't see that happening. Exclusivety is the only thing that sells units for the PS3, and thus far the only exclusive they have had that was worth a damn was Resistance. Sure people are going to buy a PS3 for MGS4 and Final Fantasy 500, buuuut. Do you really think it's going to be enough?
2007-11-27, 11:21 AM #100
The PS3's have come down in price considerably.. but the guy from Valve was complaining that the PS3 architecture is horrible, must be why the orange box is so late to be released for the PS3...

The Xbox just feels like it's better quality, from the controllers to the games. (I recently bought an Elite and love it)
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2007-11-27, 11:33 AM #101
Originally posted by Z@NARDI:
The PS3's have come down in price considerably..
By removing features. :v:

Quote:
The Xbox just feels like it's better quality

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
2007-11-27, 11:36 AM #102
i mean dident they "EVENTUALLY" release with all the other games too?

No.

Nobody seems to realise that it was only MGS2 was eventually came out on other platforms. MGS3 was PS2 only. MGS was playstation and pc.
nope.
2007-11-27, 11:38 AM #103
Originally posted by Rob:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've had no probs with mine yet, but I definitely count myself lucky. That said the pads do feel very solid and robust in your hands which I think is the point young bucko was trying to make....
2007-11-27, 11:45 AM #104
By removing features. :v:

Really only on the 40 gig version. Granted, the 80 gig version did get HARDWARE emulation nixed, but it lost 100 dollars for that alone. Not bad.
D E A T H
2007-11-27, 11:51 AM #105
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If he bought it within the last 3 months or so the chances of his red ringing are lowered substantially. So I've heard at least. I haven't really seen any definitive proof one way or the other.
Last Stand
2007-11-27, 11:58 AM #106
I dont understand why they cant make a system that CAN play all the older games. PS3 80 gig, playes only about 70% of the games. If i get a 360, id have to keep my PS2, but if i get a PS3 i will still probibly keep my PS2. you CAN download as time goes on, new upgrades to make more games work, but if they did it right the first time, they would not need to. Dident the PS2 play ALL ps1 games? I dont use any "ON LINE" with anything. Im all about the single player game, so why must they get all retarded on us?
2007-11-27, 12:23 PM #107
What's retarded is how the consoles these days are just PCs with crappy OSes... why dont they just make a disc emulator and emulate their own past consoles and software on the new one... why is that so hard to do?
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2007-11-27, 12:38 PM #108
What's retarded is how the consoles these days are just PCs with crappy OSes... why dont they just make a disc emulator and emulate their own past consoles and software on the new one... why is that so hard to do?

:suicide:
2007-11-27, 12:45 PM #109
Really only on the 40 gig version. Granted, the 80 gig version did get HARDWARE emulation nixed, but it lost 100 dollars for that alone. Not bad.

Removing ALL backwards compatibility is a pretty big feature. (And it's f-ing software emulation, can't they just keep it on there?)
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-11-27, 12:46 PM #110

Um, that's exactly what the 360 and PS3 (the newer ones) do for backward compatibility.
2007-11-27, 12:58 PM #111
so wait, the cheaper PS3 does not have backward compatibility? haha..
2007-11-27, 1:08 PM #112
Welcome to the european PS3.
nope.
2007-11-27, 1:26 PM #113
Originally posted by Baconfish:

This is Living.
Last Stand
2007-11-27, 1:48 PM #114
You know, the PS3 fans must be a humble crowd. I seem to remember seeing a statistic that stated the PS3 sold as much as the 360 did in its first year. Everyone, everywhere I go seems to hate the PS3. Around here, I know 3 kids with a PS3 and they all say they hate it and want a 360. In the surrounding area, 360 is dominating as well. On Massassi, SA, and most of the internet, everyone hates the PS3.

And yet it's not doing completely horrible.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2007-11-27, 1:51 PM #115
That's because most of the internet is filled with biased fanboys who never even owned a PS3.
2007-11-27, 1:51 PM #116
Originally posted by Baconfish:

Nah, the 40gb US PS3 doesn't have backwards compatibility at all, either.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-11-27, 1:52 PM #117
I have a couple friends with the PS3 and they like it
2007-11-27, 1:54 PM #118
The PS3 has some attractive titles coming up, but few attractive exclusives besides MS4/FFXIII.
--Garrison Keillor
2007-11-27, 2:00 PM #119
MGS4 is the thing thats making me second guess what i should get. Do you think its worth getting a system for one game. Also someone said that getting one would be "Casting a Vote" for blu-ray. Which, i have like 100000 DVD's, so i dont really want to get nor convert to HD, and Defenitly not Blu-Ray. But in the end, wont the PS3 have better longer games, because from what i hear, the blu-ray has like 1000 times more the memmory that Hd, which is what 360 is. Right? IM not positive on anything i say about this topic, thahs why i made a thread....
2007-11-27, 2:01 PM #120
Originally posted by Aglar:
You do realize you can't play MP without Live Gold, right?

Some people just like playing online. For me, MP gives a game far more replay value. If I just played Halo 3 SP or Gears of War SP I'd probably have stopped playing those games long ago. Instead, I played Gears MP constantly from last winter until Halo 3 came out, and I've been playing Halo 3 MP nearly every night since. Getting Live Gold just for MP achievements is... silly.

I thought Silverlite was free MP... Granted my only experience is with GFW Live, but it's still Xbox Live and the only thing Gold does is enable MP Achievements and allow you to play on Gold only servers. So...

*Shrugs*
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.

↑ Up to the top!