Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Should I Get 360 or PS3 ?
Should I Get 360 or PS3 ?
2007-11-27, 2:18 PM #121
But why pay for MP, when on a PC its for free? You can also buy a wireless controller that is the same as an Xbox and there ya go.....
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2007-11-27, 2:40 PM #122
Originally posted by Darth_Xasthur:
But why pay for MP, when on a PC its for free? You can also buy a wireless controller that is the same as an Xbox and there ya go.....

Because my PC, which isn't even that old, can't run the games the 360 can (and if it could, they'd look like crap).

Commander -
Originally posted by Wikipedia:
Upon sign up, Xbox 360 subscribers can choose to either become a Silver member, which is free of charge, or pay for a Gold subscription. A Silver account has the ability to download content, including dashboard themes, gamer pictures, game trailers/demos, movies, game content such as new maps, weapons, levels, characters, challenges, expansions, arcade games and demos; connect with friends/players via voice chat, video chat, instant messenger and text message. Upgrading to a Gold account adds the ability to play online with or against other Gold subscribers and a few other in game features.

You can't play online with Silver. It'd be nice, but that's just the way it is. Live really is a nice system though, and something that MS has really been able to do well. $50 a year really isn't that bad.
2007-11-27, 2:43 PM #123
[edit] Stupid Aglar beat me [/edit]

If you don't care about playing online. Silver is fine. If you do want to play online, Upgrade your Silver account to a Gold one. If you're an achievement whore and really desperately like expanding your epenis by getting 1000/1000 points in every single game you own. Well, that's your choice to throw away 50 bucks a year.

For the record, you don't HAVE to pay for a full year at a time. There's One Month and Three Month Gold Upgrades as well.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2007-11-27, 2:46 PM #124
Yet arnt the upgrades more expensive? Isint it like $20 every 2 months, i know that thats how W.O.W. is, but thats lame. All THAT is, is another way to waste your life...
2007-11-27, 2:55 PM #125
If i got an xbox 360, I dont think i'd mind paying $50 for online fees. I mean my internet bill is already like $20/month. Plus that works out to about $5 a month more.

BAH now i want an XBox... I just dont have the money or time. *shakes fist*
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-11-27, 2:56 PM #126
The PS3 Online is free tho...
2007-11-27, 2:58 PM #127
Name 4 great ps3 only MP games.
2007-11-27, 3:17 PM #128
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:

WTF im not trying to support either way, i CREATED this thread. Im simply giving tha facts. Weather a game is good or not is personal opinion.
2007-11-27, 4:22 PM #129

What? There's a couple--Warhawk and that ATV game they advertised on PS3s forever. I hear both of those are fun online.
D E A T H
2007-11-27, 4:45 PM #130
Plus the re-release of that ninja game...
2007-11-27, 4:47 PM #131
Thats 3 and there aren't exactly masters off there genre. Just thought i would point out the relatively week PS3 library.
2007-11-27, 5:02 PM #132
Quote:
You can't play online with Silver. It'd be nice, but that's just the way it is. Live really is a nice system though, and something that MS has really been able to do well. $50 a year really isn't that bad.

So, I guess that's the major difference between Games for Windows Live and Xbox Live as online is free with a silver account in my PC copy of Halo 2. $50 a year isn't even remotely bad, especially considering the service.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2007-11-27, 5:06 PM #133
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
What? There's a couple--Warhawk and that ATV game they advertised on PS3s forever. I hear both of those are fun online.

Motorstorm.

I'll have to admit, Motorstorm is actually a pretty solid game based on the few run ins I've had with it. But not one I'd personally ever buy.

Watched a guy play Warhawk yesterday. I was... less than impressed. It looked like a half-assed game from six years ago considering all the power that's supposedly behind it. *shrugs* I don't know much about Warhawk though, so I'm not going to base my entire opinion on just that one showing.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2007-11-27, 5:10 PM #134
I guess you can count Little Big Planet and that one stealth based MMORPG The Agency that's coming out soon. Jezz so much hate for the PS3, what's up with that.

Darth_Xasthur, pick the console that has the most games that you want to buy for. I personally chose the PS3 due to several games and its Blu Ray feature. Home also looks interesting. Here's a list of PS3 exclusives if you want to take a look. I'm sure someone else can provide a list for the 360 too.
2007-11-27, 5:13 PM #135

Motorstorm
Warhawk
Eye of Judgement
Resistance (not my cup of tea but its a big sell)

I own both 360 and PS3, and I'm glad I didn't pay for my PS3. There are some cool games for sure (I love Warhawk).

The Live system on the 360 is leaps and bounds above the PSN; Access to my friends list in EVERY game is huge. The fact that you cannot access the PS3's Dashboard drives me nuts in games. They are supposed to be patching it this winter.

Overall I'd suggest a 360 to anyone looking to buy. They've got the established userbase and a ton of great titles out.
2007-11-27, 5:19 PM #136
Originally posted by Cloud:
I guess you can count Little Big Planet and that one stealth based MMORPG The Agency that's coming out soon. Jezz so much hate for the PS3, what's up with that.

Darth_Xasthur, pick the console that has the most games that you want to buy for. I personally chose the PS3 due to several games and its Blu Ray feature. Home also looks interesting. Here's a list of PS3 exclusives if you want to take a look. I'm sure someone else can provide a list for the 360 too.

Thank you very much. Im leaning twards the 360, but MGS4 and Blue-ray keep pulling me back to PS3. Can the PS3 play normal DVD's as well as HD's? The 360 plays HD's right? I DO NOT want every thing to go to blu-ray. But the cheapest blu-ray player is the PS3. Do you think Blu-Ray will become the big thing?
2007-11-27, 5:21 PM #137
Don't buy the PS3 for the Bluray, or look at the 360 for the HD. Neither of those technologies are going anywhere.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-11-27, 5:34 PM #138
I know I'm getting both... eventually.

I'm getting a 360 for christmas because all my friends from work have one and so we can play online (Gears of War, anyone?) and generally the amount of games out for it. And then after the price of the PS3 drops more (A lot more [a lot lot more]) I'll get one of those for all the exclusive titles I want (MGS, Final Fantasy...mainly the VII remake, but FFXIII too, etc)

... but that'll probably be another 6 months to a year before I get a ps3
2007-11-27, 5:54 PM #139
Originally posted by fishstickz:
Removing ALL backwards compatibility is a pretty big feature. (And it's f-ing software emulation, can't they just keep it on there?)

I don't think so--who the hell DOESN'T have a ps2 anymore?

Thats 3 and there aren't exactly masters off there genre. Just thought i would point out the relatively week PS3 library.

You've never played warhawk, and Motorstorm is definitely a damn good racing game. You've never even touched a PS3 have you? You're just jumping on the bandwagon because everyone else hates it.

Do yourself a favor--go get friends, get a life, and burn your computer. Okay, maybe you'd be doing US a favor.

Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
Motorstorm.

I'll have to admit, Motorstorm is actually a pretty solid game based on the few run ins I've had with it. But not one I'd personally ever buy.

Watched a guy play Warhawk yesterday. I was... less than impressed. It looked like a half-assed game from six years ago considering all the power that's supposedly behind it. *shrugs* I don't know much about Warhawk though, so I'm not going to base my entire opinion on just that one showing.

The big deal is the control scheme. The SIXAXIS supposedly is awesome to control with.

Don't buy the PS3 for the Bluray, or look at the 360 for the HD. Neither of those technologies are going anywhere.

I don't think I'd go that far, but I wouldn't say "BUY THE PS3 FOR BLURAY". Eventually one will become the next staple genre I'm sure.

Originally posted by Stormtrooper:
I know I'm getting both... eventually.

I'm getting a 360 for christmas because all my friends from work have one and so we can play online (Gears of War, anyone?) and generally the amount of games out for it. And then after the price of the PS3 drops more (A lot more [a lot lot more]) I'll get one of those for all the exclusive titles I want (MGS, Final Fantasy...mainly the VII remake, but FFXIII too, etc)

... but that'll probably be another 6 months to a year before I get a ps3

The PS3 is only 500 bucks, I'd say at a 400 price point you're going to see a MASSIVE jump in sales. I give it 3 months.
D E A T H
2007-11-27, 6:53 PM #140
what other features does the less price PS3 lack
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2007-11-27, 7:03 PM #141
Originally posted by Z@NARDI:

The have removed the card reader, reduced the USB ports, and it comes with a paltry 40GB HDD.

I thought Playstation emulation was accomplished via hardware which seems to me the only reason they would have removed it.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2007-11-27, 7:15 PM #142
Many moons ago, I was a Sony fanboy through and through. I would have never imagined I'd leave the Sony consoles behind, but as time progresses I have done so. Buck and I own a Wii and two 360s between us, and I can't say that I regret not picking up a PS3 along the way. Metal Gear Solid 4 will be the franchise I miss, but the 360 has wowed me with the quality of its games, and its impressive online. I was convinced that online gaming on the console was not going to be a viable avenue for a looong time. After some time however, I have changed my tune completely. For me, it's the 360, followed by the Wii, and finally the PS3. it may be a decent console, I cannot judge it because I have not really played around with it. I just find the other two options better right now.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2007-11-27, 7:37 PM #143

It doesn't have the ability to play Audio CDs.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-11-27, 7:40 PM #144
Really? I wonder why.
2007-11-27, 9:13 PM #145
I don't think so--who the hell DOESN'T have a ps2 anymore?

Me. Never had one. Never wanted one. Still don't want one. Nothing out there I'd play, and I loathe the DualShock and all it's iterations.

The big deal is the control scheme. The SIXAXIS supposedly is awesome to control with.

That's kinda what I figured. Every time I've played with the tilt controls though it's been a frustrating experience.

The PS3 is only 500 bucks, I'd say at a 400 price point you're going to see a MASSIVE jump in sales. I give it 3 months.

Time will tell, obviously. I'd be a little surprised if it jumped "massively", but my money is on sales going up a little, and then flattening out again because word will get out, again, that there's no real reason to have one unless you're a fan of the few games available right now, or you like Blu-Ray movies.

You're joking. Right? Because if it doesn't, that's just pitiful.
Last Stand
2007-11-28, 5:22 AM #146

...Yes it does. It just doesn't support SACDs.
nope.
2007-11-28, 12:05 PM #147
Originally posted by Baconfish:
...Yes it does. It just doesn't support SACDs.

thats stupid, why cant they just make some thing awesome. Some 3rd party company should make a system that plays all games form Nes and Sega, to PS3 and 360. I know its impossible, but i can dreame. They made that thing that plays the NES and Super NeS games, they need to make another thing
2007-11-28, 12:14 PM #148
Some 3rd party company should make a system that plays all games

um because that is probably illegal in some way
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2007-11-28, 12:16 PM #149
um because that is probably illegal in some way

UMM I know it is, i was just saying it would be cool. DO you think its stupid to have some sort of mega system?
2007-11-28, 12:18 PM #150
They should make something that keeps you away from our fair internet.
2007-11-28, 12:19 PM #151
You mean a PC with various emulators?

Oh hang on, Toto, I don't think I'm in Kansas anymore...

:suicide:
2007-11-28, 12:23 PM #152
No, thats lame, a PC? I wasn like an actual system. I have like 10000000 nintendo and super nintendo games. The TV in my room has NES, SUPER NES, N64 and PS2 hooked up to it. I just want something to save me all that space. I know i can get that one thing i mentioned be4 but i dont think id want to pay 120 for something like that.
2007-11-28, 12:28 PM #153
They're called laptops.

Like all of them have some sort of video out.
2007-11-28, 12:31 PM #154
There are 1000 ways to do it, yet i am a lazy consumer and unless its an add on MTV, i cannot bring myself to do the deed.

I still want them to realease MGS4 for Xbox. DO you think if it does bad enough, they will remake it for Xbox?
2007-11-28, 12:33 PM #155
unless its an add on MTV

:suicide:
2007-11-28, 12:44 PM #156
Yah, MTV makes me wanna shoot myself too. Ya know how in spiderman, venom got the symbots and then they went to canage, was was carnage's real name before the symbots?
2007-11-28, 12:51 PM #157
Yah, MTV makes me wanna shoot myself too. Ya know how in spiderman, venom got the symbots and then they went to canage, was was carnage's real name before the symbots?

:awesome:
--Garrison Keillor
2007-11-28, 1:12 PM #158

It can't play PS2 games.
2007-11-28, 2:16 PM #159

... Stop talking. For the love of God and all that is holy on this green Earth. STOP TALKING. Your grasp of English is worse than a first grader on crack.
Last Stand
2007-11-28, 3:36 PM #160
I think we had one of those 'round here.
Made some awesome art.
Then he died.

↑ Up to the top!