Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → MotS Speed Run Planning Thread (formerly Jedi Knight Speed Run)
MotS Speed Run Planning Thread (formerly Jedi Knight Speed Run)
2012-01-30, 8:36 PM #321
The lack of activity in this thread for nearly two months is now officially depressing me. Did this discovery simultaneously kill the motivation to run the game?
2012-01-30, 10:04 PM #322
Yeah level 5 was a giant pain even without the extra secrets added on to it. I think Cabbage got demoralized by it and has been doing other things.
2012-01-31, 9:29 AM #323
Well that just feels like a waste of a youtube subscription :(
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-01-31, 1:33 PM #324
Well Cabbage better finish before I make him into coleslaw

(LMOLMAOASOLMFFLMAO)!!!!!!!!!!
2012-01-31, 9:30 PM #325
Originally posted by RandomEngy:
Yeah level 5 was a giant pain even without the extra secrets added on to it. I think Cabbage got demoralized by it and has been doing other things.

I can certainly understand the frustration with it, but could this not also be an opportunity to make a run following what has been achieved up to this point, and use it as a "secretless" run? Honestly, I would prefer that in the short term to the racking of brains over how many seconds can be saved by taking force powers sooner with the secrets, versus letting things be without them. In JK, a game which was significantly longer, getting the secrets was very clearly worth it (especially in the inaugural levels), but for this game, it just doesn't seem like it would be as critical.
2012-02-01, 2:08 AM #326
Getting the secrets means near unlimited F4 speed for the next two levels, which could likely save time over a non-secret run. Levels 6 and 7 were 1:21 and 55:00 without it.

The good news is there are only three secrets, the bad is two are tricky to get into.

This one you need to scoot over the gap to the ledge on the other side (where the player/tusken is presently standing), then slide off to the left onto the lower ledge, open the door enter the sector, then force-jump back up to the original ledge. The ledges barely give enough to fit the bounding box.
[http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/550/sector1037.jpg]

This one is easy.
[http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2982/sector476.jpg]

There are two entrances to this one, the grate is longer and slower, the hole in the wall means a force-jump into a small space.
[http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/1992/sector1021.jpg]

Getting the secrets results in 3 stars for the level and opens all tier 1 force powers.
2012-02-01, 2:18 AM #327
By accident I managed to find all of the secrets from that level the last time I played through MotS (like 2 weeks ago).

Here's hoping to see this playthrough revived again. After all, it was inactive for a far longer period in the past.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-02-01, 7:40 AM #328
I don't think that a "secretless" run would be an accepted category at SDA. Besides, Cabbage is too much of a perfectionist to do it any other way.
2012-02-01, 8:18 AM #329
Just realized how ugly that map is, the textures, ive never mapped for JK but still, yyyyuuuuucccckkkkkkk too plain, no spice

↑ Up to the top!