Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Massassi Level Pack: Finale of Massassi (DEADLINE EXTENDED, 2/1/2016)
Massassi Level Pack: Finale of Massassi (DEADLINE EXTENDED, 2/1/2016)
2015-04-09, 9:35 PM #81
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
The fact that the first two Battlefronts were massively successful despite being terrible, and essentially a reskin of a far better game that was a full generation behind the state of the art, proves this.

And I would bet we will see it again in E3 this year.
- Paranoia is simply having more information then everyone else -
- Ignorance is bliss, but knowing what you know, would you forget it to go back? -
2015-04-10, 3:18 AM #82
Originally posted by gbk:
The vermin has always been there. From day one. But, now, it's the only thing that's left.

Exactly.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2015-04-11, 9:02 AM #83
BTW , what happens with The Admiral Chamber Commander?
2015-04-11, 10:04 AM #84
Originally posted by gbk:
The vermin has always been there. From day one. But, now, it's the only thing that's left.

I always knew it. I knew the Cloud City Cantina was going to undermine all of us.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2015-04-11, 11:09 AM #85
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
I always knew it. I knew the Cloud City Cantina was going to undermine all of us.

:rolleyes:
2015-04-11, 12:37 PM #86
Come now, I'm kidding, Mr. Clark
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2015-04-11, 1:50 PM #87
Originally posted by Kamon:

Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Like I said in my first post, no matter what, in some capacity, Massassi will be up as a static archive at minimum. The questionable part is if anything beyond that was desired (forums, etc). If someone wants to try and revamp the site and do stuff like that, that is what I'm asking about. TACC will also remain of course. We'll also have a torrent of all the files as well.
? :)
2015-08-11, 11:27 AM #88
+1 on that "if it weren't for Massassi, I'd never be the man I am today" theme.
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2015-08-11, 12:22 PM #89
Hey it's Fardreamer!

And once again, I thought I had posted on this thread until I read the name of the (then-)latest poster more carefully. CLASSIC!
2015-08-11, 2:24 PM #90
Originally posted by Kamon:

Kamon guys, I wanna know too.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2015-08-11, 2:55 PM #91
eat ****, Kroko!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015-08-12, 4:55 AM #92
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Hey it's Fardreamer!

And once again, I thought I had posted on this thread until I read the name of the (then-)latest poster more carefully. CLASSIC!

Oh, hi there Freelancer!
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2015-08-12, 4:08 PM #93
Originally posted by saberopus:
eat ****, Kroko!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey!

You there!
2015-08-19, 3:23 PM #94
Posting before death. This is kind of depressing.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2015-08-19, 4:08 PM #95
Well, at least there is a time frame in place. It will be sad to see this place go. I'm friends with several of you on the bookFace, however and that gladdens me a bit. I kinda feel like I grew up here.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2015-08-20, 12:21 AM #96
Originally posted by Yecti:
Posting before death. This is kind of depressing.

The death of Massassi, right?

RIGHT?
2015-08-23, 6:45 AM #97
The death of Massassi, right?

RIGHT?

Negative. Ded nao. Not so bad.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2015-08-23, 7:46 PM #98
Originally posted by Krokodile:
Anyone who thinks the community sucks but still comes here now in 2015 has some serious mental issues.

This ---^

Yes, just yes.
- Paranoia is simply having more information then everyone else -
- Ignorance is bliss, but knowing what you know, would you forget it to go back? -
2015-08-23, 7:55 PM #99
If you think the JK community is even remotely fine then you're free to put your money where your mouth is. Ask CM for the site and we'll see how long you're willing to put up with a greater community of people who consider sites they don't admin a personal offense.

Because Massassi isn't even a major part of the JK community anymore. Outside of level creation it arguably never was. If you think those of us talking about how bad the community is are talking about Massassi then you quite frankly don't have any clue.
2015-08-23, 8:02 PM #100
The best thing for JK content authoring is if all of us who still care move to sites run by big companies with lots of government friends.
2015-08-23, 11:06 PM #101
I didn't even remember posting that at all, but if you go back you'll notice it was a reply to a post by Brian saying "I know some people say the community here sucks but I don't buy that."

I never went to those other JK (and related games) sites. Wouldn't know what you were talking about.
2015-08-28, 12:44 AM #102
Originally posted by Fardreamer:
+1 on that "if it weren't for Massassi, I'd never be the man I am today" theme.

... massassi has not had a positive impact on my life.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2015-08-31, 3:31 PM #103
Originally posted by Jon`C:
If you think the JK community is even remotely fine then you're free to put your money where your mouth is. Ask CM for the site and we'll see how long you're willing to put up with a greater community of people who consider sites they don't admin a personal offense.

Because Massassi isn't even a major part of the JK community anymore. Outside of level creation it arguably never was. If you think those of us talking about how bad the community is are talking about Massassi then you quite frankly don't have any clue.

I'll take the site.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2015-08-31, 3:45 PM #104
Wouldn't that be poetic.
2015-08-31, 4:39 PM #105
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:

I'll take the site.

He wants more of something negative?
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2015-09-01, 2:36 AM #106
Since it was mentioned, just out of curiosity, how much money, approximately, would it take to maintain a website like Massassi? Let's assume that the files were divided in to individual torrents (JK-SP, JK-MP, with periodic updates, etc.) & deleted from the server, that the forums up until now were merely archived (any future forum could be condensed into one small one & nearly anything would be superior to phbBB anyhow--not to mention a blog-style comment system would likely replace much of it), & that the actual website would be redone from the ground up, etc. Hell, I'd guess that most of what Massassi would do from this point on could be managed by a meager CMS & that the amount of traffic could be handled by a RPi2 server on someone's home network. The Massassi that Brian & CM oversaw isn't the one we have today & what we had seems like it'd be overkill anyhow.
? :)
2015-09-01, 11:10 AM #107
I 'd venture a guess that the cost would be just in the domain, at least if you already have a server. CM should know how much resources massassi currently needs.

The real cost would be in the work required to keep the site secure in the years to come.
Sorry for the lousy German
2015-09-01, 1:48 PM #108
2015-09-02, 10:11 PM #109
Originally posted by Impi:
I 'd venture a guess that the cost would be just in the domain, at least if you already have a server. CM should know how much resources massassi currently needs.

The real cost would be in the work required to keep the site secure in the years to come.

My first instinct was to ask "from whom?" But then I remembered how many butthurt script kiddies this website has produced over the years.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2015-09-03, 2:47 PM #110

Yet here you are.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2015-09-03, 2:49 PM #111

Yeah. I mean, we've been so bad for your life, trying to get you to stop lying all the time and finish high school and stuff.
2015-09-03, 2:52 PM #112
I repent, I will no longer try to harm SF_GoldG_01 with honesty and advice. Instead I will treat him like how all other borderline-strangers treat him:

Sorry man, no change.
2015-09-04, 7:36 PM #113

I'll take the site.

:P
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2015-09-04, 7:48 PM #114
Originally posted by Admiral Zarn:

:P

Come on. It's been a long time since Blujay hosted it.
2015-09-05, 1:06 AM #115
Where would I be without good ol massassi.net? Without it's plethora of people and their cogging knowledge back in the days of yore, I probably would have had more free time to... watch TV? JK editing, more specifically cogging, inspired me to get into programming in the first place. Now look at me, 15 years later, numerous unfinished JK projects with ambition greater than pi has decimal digits. Numerous VB.net projects more importantly, and extensive knowledge of MS Excels VBA, that has led me to jobs I wouldn't have fathomed as a teen.

Darkjedi.com, now there's where it all started. Durhurrr, use SendTrigger with Fireprojectile he suggested, to fire static.jkl templates across all computers he said. Lag it up mofos, it was me! (For those of you who don't know, FireProjectile() sends information across the network, even if the cog flags are set not to. Thus, if you send a trigger to X computers, you are sending FireProjectile info over the network.... X^X times? Me math not gud at moment....)

Cheers to Massassi! Don't drink and post!
-Hell Raiser
2015-09-05, 2:11 AM #116
So let's recap.

The Death of Massassi - Level Pack AKA DOM-LP is expected/hoped to at least feature the following levels:
- Magrucko Daines and The Admiral's Curse by Goit
- Galactopticon by Grismath and Thrawn42689
- TODOA 2 - Duel at Belga Jer by Nikumubeki

I think I've forgotten something, but here's hoping there will be more.
2015-09-06, 2:49 PM #117
Yoda's House HD Remake.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2015-09-06, 3:17 PM #118
So let's recap.

The Death of Massassi - Level Pack

That's pretty funny, when you put it so morbidly.

There's no reason to think so brutally, though; we could have a Massassi alum / senior citizen newsletter or the like, to reminisce about all our cherished moments here.
2015-09-09, 10:04 AM #119
TODOA 2 - Duel at Belga Jer has been finished (the whole development phase took about two weeks from roughly August 24th 2015 'til September 9th 2015), and will be included in the DOM-LP in December.

(The 2 stands for "2 minutes of gameplay", I counted, so please don't except much or anything at all)
2015-09-10, 8:48 PM #120
You know, I just realized that I'm really going to miss all the "at it again, burger boys, hur-hur" comments, everytime America does something dumb.

↑ Up to the top!