Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Massassi Level Pack: Finale of Massassi (DEADLINE EXTENDED, 2/1/2016)
Massassi Level Pack: Finale of Massassi (DEADLINE EXTENDED, 2/1/2016)
2015-09-10, 10:05 PM #121
So you're going to miss the year 2007?
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2015-09-10, 11:06 PM #122
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
So you're going to miss the year 2007?

Yes.

You see, 2007 lives in you.
2015-09-10, 11:23 PM #123
My brain basically gives a sort of 'proto-voice' to anybody who writes in a uniquely humorous and idiosyncratic way. I think it's because I associate these styles of writing with memories of having heard them vocalized by people in my past. Of course, genetic things, such as your natural vocal pitch, that don't correlate with the personality you develop in life are pretty much factored out, but other aspects of speech which are easily controlled, such as emphasis, dramatic pauses, rhythm, and tone (e.g., sarcastic, condescending, etc.) are all there.

Anyway, I hope this isn't too offensive to hear, but I can't really read your posts without imagining it being spoken by someone who likes to post hamburger emoticons.
2015-09-11, 5:48 AM #124
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
You know, I just realized that I'm really going to miss all the "at it again, burger boys, hur-hur" comments, everytime America does something dumb.

You mean, every time America does something!!!1111 LOL Am I right?
Sorry for the lousy German
2015-09-11, 9:19 AM #125
Don't you already miss them from several years ago?
2015-09-11, 9:32 AM #126
No--it should be clear after reading my last two posts in reverse order.

FGR is Mufasa.
2015-09-11, 9:39 AM #127
Originally posted by saberopus:
Don't you already miss them from several years ago?

Dammit saberopus, this question was covered a few posts before you!
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2015-09-11, 9:50 AM #128
Krokodile guy, look, I'm ****ing sorry, I. I don't know man when I came in here that stuff wasn't there and I got distracted for a few minutes and well y'know come on, man?
2015-09-11, 1:30 PM #129
I might let it slide this time but I'll have to think about it, I don't want to be making a rash decision.
2015-09-11, 5:41 PM #130
Originally posted by Krokodile:
I might let it slide this time but I'll have to think about it, I don't want to be making a rash decision.

Ok I thought it over and it's forgiven. Congrats sabreopus
2015-09-12, 12:23 PM #131
phew
2015-09-12, 12:32 PM #132
Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_2gUTGjeYI
2015-09-23, 2:06 AM #133
Oooooohhhh ****.
My Flickr Gallery
2015-10-07, 4:13 PM #134
Oh hey look. It's this thread again.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2015-12-04, 8:15 AM #135
Originally posted by Yecti:
Oh hey look. It's this thread again.

Hah. Seems I'm a bit late to the party, I forgot to comment a while back. :v:

It's a shame I never got to finish my mods... Rolling on Walls, Metroid, SBX4, etc... there's so much stuff hanging around on my drives that never got out.

I'd love to help keep the site around but not sure what I could do with the limited money and time I have. But I guess it's not so bad as long as I can come by and download a mod whenever I'm feeling nostalgic (which is often enough).
2015-12-04, 8:46 AM #136
Goit is still working on his mod and Thrawn and I are working on one, too. So in the next few weeks there should be some old school gaming content for you all to check out!

I'd like to echo a statement from someone earlier in this thread that we should "get the word out," minimally to play/check out the levels that we've sunk loads of time into. :)
Cool_Matty: is there some way to do a mailing campaign to all user accounts (e.g. to tell people that the site is shutting down)? I'm sure some % of former community members would care to know, even if they haven't been here in ages.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2015-12-04, 8:48 AM #137
Also, Xzero: if anything from those mods is playable, what's stopping you from just uploading them in some unfinished state? :)
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2015-12-04, 10:25 AM #138
Originally posted by Grismath:
Cool_Matty: is there some way to do a mailing campaign to all user accounts (e.g. to tell people that the site is shutting down)? I'm sure some % of former community members would care to know, even if they haven't been here in ages.

I checked the admin options I can access, and there does seem to be a mass email option. I have no problem doing the work, though I don't know if CM has any preferences on its content, options selected, or the like (or if he's for some reason opposed to it). If I'm up to it later, I might just go ahead and take a stab at it regardless.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2015-12-04, 6:19 PM #139
I think a mass email would be awesome. I can't imagine too many people would be upset at one email about their former beloved site shutting down. I know I for one would have REALLY appreciated a heads up if I didn't pop my head back in now and then already and saw the sad news. I've been hoarding my old favorite levels in case they should disappear with the shut down of the site. Although I can't find JHS anywhere...
2015-12-04, 6:29 PM #140
Perhaps, but it's not too likely they'll be checking their Hotmail anytime soon.
2015-12-05, 5:08 AM #141
All the more reason it can't hurt...
2015-12-06, 12:23 PM #142
Just thought I'd pop in and say hi to anyone who remembers me, before everything disappears! TACC (and Massassi to a lesser extent) were a big part of my early teenage years, and it'll be sad to see them go (I assume TACC will be disappearing too?)

I'm looking forward to playing Goit's final Magrucko level though!

Look out for the final part of The New Empire in 2019... or maybe not...
2015-12-06, 1:09 PM #143
Ah Chris you're just in time to volunteer voices for my level. Excellent! :D
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2015-12-12, 7:08 AM #144
Originally posted by Chris Swan:
Just thought I'd pop in and say hi to anyone who remembers me, before everything disappears! TACC (and Massassi to a lesser extent) were a big part of my early teenage years, and it'll be sad to see them go (I assume TACC will be disappearing too?)

I'm looking forward to playing Goit's final Magrucko level though!

Look out for the final part of The New Empire in 2019... or maybe not...

*waves*
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2015-12-12, 8:52 AM #145
Wow, it's great to see a lot of familiar names dropping in!

Thrawn and I are hard at work on finishing an epic mod. It's pretty unlike anything that's ever been released in JK, featuring a point and click adventure game mode, lots of puzzles, and a quirky "Blade Runner meets Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" universe.

However -- we originally thought the deadline was the end of the month (the sticky thread stated Dec 30, albeit 2014), not the 15th as stated in this thread. So, although it's crunch time now and we're working hard on wrapping things up and polishing, we'd have to cut a lot of awesome stuff that's so close to being done... hence, I'm asking for an 7 day extension: I know JK is ancient, and completely understand CM/anybody wanting to move on, but what's one week in the grand scheme of things?

Galactopticon is coming by the end of December 31, 2015!

Solve mind-bending puzzles!
[http://grismath.com/images/puzzle.png]

Negotiate your way to the top!
[http://grismath.com/images/conversation.png]

Take on the best in a planetary dance-off!
[http://grismath.com/images/ddr.png]

Explore the broader game world!
[http://grismath.com/images/bradbury.png]

Coming soon!
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2015-12-12, 11:25 AM #146
Quote:
<Nikumubeki> What's the deadline for the levelpack
<CoolMatty> Let's make it february 1st, cause I definitely don't have time for it right now

TIME'D
2015-12-12, 11:54 AM #147
Gris, that's just awesome.
2015-12-12, 12:29 PM #148
Originally posted by Grismath:
we originally thought the deadline was the end of the month (the sticky thread stated Dec 30, albeit 2014)

You NIMBUS!

had to be done C|; D
2015-12-14, 3:02 AM #149
Despite having an extra month and a half, I'm still getting everything sorted this week and h. Maybe release a beta to some people before next weekend and have a month to go over errors. I could finish the incomplete level I have but I can't justify the amount of time it takes for me to do things (especially because I insist on complex cutscenes/cogs/arch) and I would rather the episode end strongly than with something rushed I'm not happy with.
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2016-01-08, 11:26 AM #150
Bah, I already released TODOA 2: DA BJ on ModDB. The 7z I sent to CM is still gonna say "released: December 2015", though! OOOF
2016-01-08, 12:26 PM #151
Originally posted by Gebohq:
I checked the admin options I can access, and there does seem to be a mass email option. I have no problem doing the work, though I don't know if CM has any preferences on its content, options selected, or the like (or if he's for some reason opposed to it). If I'm up to it later, I might just go ahead and take a stab at it regardless.

So I bit the bullet and shot out an email. If I screwed something up, CoolMatty can yell at me for it later. Here's hoping it brings out a few more old people out of the woodworks for a final goodbye. :)
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2016-01-08, 2:23 PM #152
I offered my assistance to keep massassi running out of my own pocket and my own servers. I even started preparing for it. Then CM just dropped off the face of the earth. So it didn't have to end like this.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2016-01-09, 1:11 AM #153
So I bit the bullet and shot out an email. If I screwed something up, CoolMatty can yell at me for it later. Here's hoping it brings out a few more old people out of the woodworks for a final goodbye. :)

*wave*
2016-01-09, 4:01 AM #154
Which pub do us alcoholics hang out at now? FB massassi Alumni? or did u carve out a small space in 4chan/reddit?
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2016-01-09, 8:04 AM #155

bai.

I am on the book of Faces, if anybody wants to stay in touch.
woot!
2016-01-09, 8:41 AM #156
Hi Massassi,
Just got the email. I'd just like to say thank-you to everyone involved in the site over the years, u guys done a great job. I spent a lot of time here late 90s early 00s and years making levels, i made one called Area21 that took me over a year and there was always someone to call on and ask advice. I have very fond memories here but even the best things have to end. Bye x
2016-01-09, 9:26 AM #157
Hey everyone, I got the email too. I still check this site sporadically. I played JK online at the Zone in the late 90s and early 2000s. Good times!

My brother (Saber_Scorpion) and I ran "The Saber Clan" and released two levels (he released the Mos Espa RPG, a massively successful albeit simply-designed level, and I released Saber Canyon, an unknown flop). You can check out what he's been up to if you're interested. He has written a few novels (and graphic novels).

Anyway, we have our own dedicated server and could help with hosting if need be. I still love JK!

Oh, and Grismath, please release that mod! It looks freaking awesome!
- _R__Y__A__N_ (A.K.A. Saber_Ryan1)
/ www.rycast.com - Rycast Productions \
2016-01-09, 9:32 AM #158
Originally posted by zanardi:
I offered my assistance to keep massassi running out of my own pocket and my own servers.

CM is handing it off to me. I have a VM set up for it, I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2016-01-09, 9:45 AM #159
I for one welcome our new gbk overlord.
2016-01-09, 10:02 AM #160
If Massassi shuts down how will TODOA 3: The Land of the Free be released?
free(jin);
tofu sucks

↑ Up to the top!