Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → This has to be the best deal I've ever seen in my life...
This has to be the best deal I've ever seen in my life...
2005-10-03, 2:31 PM #1
For only $75.00!

I'm definatly buying this, I'm gonna go outside and start selling my games. I know some one who was in the beta and he told me it was well worth the money, I'm definatly buying this.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-10-03, 2:34 PM #2
Uhhh... right.

You do that.

I think its a complete ripoff, especially since the amount of work required to make a decent game far exceeds the time you, nor any other single person could put into it.
2005-10-03, 2:35 PM #3
Not a good idea.
2005-10-03, 2:37 PM #4
You gotta admire this guy though; he never gives up. Well, he does, but then he starts over, again and again.
Stuff
2005-10-03, 2:39 PM #5
Actually, I wouldn't give up here, because I don't have to develop any bloody things, or go to some one to develop something. And I've used other types of "game makers" if you will in the past, so its nothing really new to me.

I just like vacations, if you asked what my biggest problem ever has been, its been deadlines. I should have nevert set any deadlines, and I don't think I ever will again either, deadlines, are what kill desires and inspirations. I plan on retaking some of the old MMO stuff some day, and finishing it, but I also plan on making my Matrix Mod, and a game that can support my family, as my father will not always be able to, a day that is coming closer, and I hope it isn't anytime soon.
2005-10-03, 2:40 PM #6
read?

[quote=from site]Section VII: Miscellaneous

What can I NOT do with Realm Crafter?

1. You cannot give away or sell the engine code.

2. You cannot include the model media or source code in any sort of library or bundle.

The engine is also copyrighted and therefore protected under copyright law.

Can I share my copy of Realm Crafter with my team members?

No, Realm Crafter is licensed on a per-seat/ per computer basis and every member must purchase a copy. However, not all members will require a copy, as artists and modellers can submit work directly to the person creating the game world using Realm Crafter.[/quote]
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-03, 2:40 PM #7
You're going to try to develop a game without "developing anything"? Maybe THAT'S why you fail.
Warhead[97]
2005-10-03, 2:46 PM #8
When I say develop, I mean proggramming. I really have no idea how to do something as big as an mmo, thats why I relied on source codes and other people's things, and I tried but they just were too limited. I also read what you cannot do, and I see no reason why that should be posted here. Thats for people who want to give out copies of the software, and thats by every right is illegal. Realm Crafter is a 3d game maker which is very simplified compared to starting from scratch and taking like 3 years to make something that may or may not be succesful. If you ask me, the dudes who made this are geniuses, and this must have been a hard project to get this far. All I know, is that if I do my part, it will do its part, and thats great.
2005-10-03, 2:49 PM #9
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
if I do my part

2005-10-03, 2:51 PM #10
You have to see the positive side, the only things that can or will look crappy would be the player models, which I'am everyday getting a lil better at doing.
2005-10-03, 3:00 PM #11
The positive side, is that you aren't going to release anything worth anyones time.

Also, good luck perma banning me from your game. Which I probably wouldn't play anyways.
2005-10-03, 3:03 PM #12
You miss the point. You can't sell your game with that engine. THAT is what they mean.
2005-10-03, 3:08 PM #13
You should read more. They will be selling copies of the source code, they don't want you giving that out, or compiling your own giving that out. As long as people aren't getting the engine to make their own games with, without buying it from them, they don't care what you do with it.
2005-10-03, 3:09 PM #14
... your problem isn't deadlines, trust me. It's knowing how to even edit, code, or model.

You don't just pick up a hammer and nails at the hardware store, order some wood, and build a house. You simply can't do that without practice, prior knowledge, a budget, and most importantly, more than 1 person. I'm not usually one to rain on people's paraids, but dude: You don't know how to do anything game related. Stop trying. Go to college. Get into computer science. Learn. Then try.

Bah, there are so many things I could say to help you understand, but you just won't, and I'll be called an ******* and told I'm stomping on your dreams.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-03, 3:16 PM #15
<3 Kirby
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2005-10-03, 3:21 PM #16
For only $75.00!

I'm definatly buying this, I'm gonna go outside and start selling my games. I know some one who was in the beta and he told me it was well worth the money, I'm definatly buying this.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
2005-10-03, 3:24 PM #17
Kirby your problem is, that you only know your way of learning things, which is your own. I most likely don't know more than you in what is game related. My first tries at making 3d character from scratch were better than I thought. I don't think you went to college, and learned how to do models or anything of the sort. Believe me I know many things game related. For instance the neo model, I learned a lesson from that, but perhaps you should check out my sword model, which is most better than my neo if you consider which is better. And yes I have fixed the concave errors, its been to long since I've touched jed, I had to refind it, since the links don't seem to be working.

EDIT: In short, the only way we learn from our mistakes, at least for me, is from my errors. That simple.
2005-10-03, 3:27 PM #18
Sell your computer while you're at it, just so you're sure you have enough money to get it.
D E A T H
2005-10-03, 3:28 PM #19
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Sell your computer while you're at it, just so you're sure you have enough money to get it.[/QUOTE]

+1
2005-10-03, 3:31 PM #20
Kirby your problem is, that you only know your way of learning things, which is your own. I most likely don't know more than you in what is game related. My first tries at making 3d character from scratch were better than I thought. I don't think you went to college, and learned how to do models or anything of the sort. Believe me I know many things game related. For instance the neo model, I learned a lesson from that, but perhaps you should check out my sword model, which is most better than my neo if you consider which is better. And yes I have fixed the concave errors, its been to long since I've touched jed, I had to refind it, since the links don't seem to be working.

EDIT: In short, the only way we learn from our mistakes, at least for me, is from my errors. That simple.

I don't usually tell people not to pursue their interests but you're going about it completley the wrong way. You're way too ambitious. You start all these big projects with very little experience of anything. People keep telling you this but you don't listen and continually start and stop big projects. You need to start small and work up. Every time you start something you say "this time it will be different. I'm going to finish it.." and you never do. Don't you ever learn from your mistakes?
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-10-03, 3:31 PM #21
You may find that making a Neo model for a game is somewhat easier than creating, supporting and marketing a MMORPG. Companies like Sony, for instance, have failed at creating successful MMORPGs and they have astronomical budgets and hundreds of very smart people working on them. While you’re at it could you build me an oil rig? I’ve always wanted one.
2005-10-03, 3:32 PM #22
Lik3 0mg Iz3 g0nn4 m4k3$ 4n Ub3r 1337 g4m3 4nd 1ll b r1ch! th1$ 1s t3h b3sT 1d34 3ver!!!11!!!Shift!!1
2005-10-03, 3:33 PM #23
If you people actually gave advice, or actually did something, instead of yelling "DON'T DO IT YOU NOOB" I might be ALOT less ambitious, but no.
2005-10-03, 3:35 PM #24
If you people actually gave advice, or actually did something, instead of yelling "DON'T DO IT YOU NOOB" I might be ALOT less ambitious, but no.

Or we could sit back and laugh. I like that idea better.
D E A T H
2005-10-03, 3:35 PM #25
Every time someone has said start small. That's the best advice you can get.

And what do you mean actually did something?
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-10-03, 3:38 PM #26
But seriously, it would make more sense to learn C++ and take computer sciece classes... I could probably redo Diablo II with this stuff, if even that. It's basically Jed and other programs for mmorpgs, but you can get Jed for free, so I wouldn't bother. I would try this if it was free, maybe, but no 75$.
2005-10-03, 3:47 PM #27

Pick up a book. Being ambitious is good, being unrealistic is very, very bad. To build something, you need skills and materials. You, sir, are focused way too much on the materials.
2005-10-03, 3:56 PM #28
I've been modeling for THREE YEARS. I don't consider myself a professional modeler at all. I'm going to college to learn a wider variety of skills so that I CAN deisgn and take part in a team of game designers. I don't pretend that having an idea makes me capable of completing it. I had big dreams too, lots of them. Hell, I even started a Matrix Mod for JK, just like you. This was when I was 13. I could PROBABLY pull off a matrix mod now, maybe. I still can't code, so I'd need a team of some sort, and even then, it's unlikelly I could find a devoted group of editors willing to work with me. I'd need to learn a lot more and make a lot more connections to even think about a Matrix mod, even now after 3 years of practice at modeling. The reason JKR is working for me, is because I have a handful of editors all with the same goal, and all equally devoted. I doubt I could do half the job my level editors are doing, and they probably couldn't match my gun models. That doesn't make ANY of us more qualified than someone on a budgeted team that's gone to school and earned the right to say "I can make a videogame with nothing but an Idea and a budget." You, however, don't even have the skill to back up the phrase: "I could make a realistic player model." let alone an M M O FREAKING RPG.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-03, 4:08 PM #29
http://ac2.turbine.com/index.php?page_id=384

http://ac2.turbine.com/index.php?page_id=386

Nuff said.

That program isn't going to make anything extremely popular, especially since it can be easily bought and used by many people to make MMORPG's off essentially the same engine.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-10-03, 4:25 PM #30
Reid's siggy is just...PERFECT for this thread.

Originally posted by Reid:
Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

It should be our moral for EVERY SF_Gold thread.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-10-03, 4:29 PM #31
[http://edweb.tusd.k12.az.us/sped/images/reallifephotos/Stop%20sign.jpg]
>>untie shoes
2005-10-03, 6:21 PM #32
kyle90: Rep -1
BobTheMasher: Rep -1
Rob: Rep -1
JediKirby: Rep -1
Dark___Knight: Rep -1
Dj Yoshi: Rep -2
Shintock: Rep -2
Reid: Rep -1
Zloc_Vergo: Rep -1
2005-10-03, 6:23 PM #33
[QUOTE=IRG SithLord]kyle90: Rep -1
Zloc_Vergo: Rep -1[/QUOTE]

YOU DAMN ELITIST
2005-10-03, 6:27 PM #34
:p
2005-10-03, 6:37 PM #35
[QUOTE=IRG SithLord]kyle90: Rep -1
Zloc_Vergo: Rep -1[/QUOTE]

Sweet I didn't get counted off! <3
2005-10-03, 7:02 PM #36
SF_Gold, maybe you should completely one mod first completely before moving on, no?
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2005-10-03, 7:13 PM #37
Originally posted by tinny:
SF_Gold, maybe you should completely one mod first completely before moving on, no?

I completely agree completely.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-03, 7:14 PM #38
Originally posted by tinny:

+1

(-1 rep point)
2005-10-03, 7:18 PM #39
Then I'd get completely bored, modding isn't my first priority, its just something I like doing every other day. I was a lot more a productive a few years ago, when JK was alot more popular than now, but that was because I didn't have half as many resposibilities as I do now. 75 dollars... let me see, thats probably 1/2 what my family pays to get food in a month, yes I'am poor. I can't help it, I can only accept it. I've tried many things to get the family out of poverty, but I've only failed, and I'm going to try one last attempt with this realm crafter, since it can verywell help us get like 1000 dollars steady income that would get my family a house, let my dad rest, and I could go to a decent school. Other than that I have no other reason to learn how to mod, how to do games, etc, no other REAL reaosn, so you be the judge,
2005-10-03, 7:21 PM #40
You're seriously delusional if you think that you're going to make money pretending to make games.

↑ Up to the top!