Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → This has to be the best deal I've ever seen in my life...
This has to be the best deal I've ever seen in my life...
2005-10-04, 4:39 PM #81
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
Never made a 3d model before huh?... well this just happens to be one of my best galleries: http://www.freewebs.com/aoamx/swlegomovie.htm

somehow I find it hard to beleive you did anything on the page... I don't know why... it just seems too good for you.

if you can model half the stuff there, then a BASIC human should not be too hard.
The Gas Station
2005-10-04, 4:39 PM #82
Never made a 3d model before huh?... well this just happens to be one of my best galleries: http://www.freewebs.com/aoamx/swlegomovie.htm

Despite the fact that only half of those pics are actual models, curious, when did you all of a sudden grow the ability to make these models? Or did you just slap models together and call it yours? Or just steal others' work?
D E A T H
2005-10-04, 4:39 PM #83
How about you invest that $75 into a hard drive that WONT CRASH AND ERASE everything you are working on?

Oh wait, you aren't working on anything.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-10-04, 4:40 PM #84
WTF is all this about me failing a mod? I've only started two mod projects ever, 1 which I never did, aka LOTR TC, and another one that I'am doing atm and I have no intentions, plans, reasons, or anything of the sort to stop. The only thing that could stop me now is death.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-10-04, 4:42 PM #85
all the models on that page were made from simple spheres, cubes and cylders, if you study the pilot dude, you'll see its a crappy model, and most of it is textures anyways.
2005-10-04, 4:43 PM #86
Originally posted by THRAWN:
How about you invest that $75 into a hard drive that WONT CRASH AND ERASE everything you are working on?

Oh wait, you aren't working on anything.

^^I'm not him
2005-10-04, 4:47 PM #87
Quote:
And why would my MMORPG be succesful? Ill tell you why, I just happen to go to a school of people who have never seen an MMORPG, and know very well that when I reccomend a game, it goes for real. Luckily I never recomended them any MMO or MMORPG, so I'll be here making my own things, and now can we just forget the past? I mean rome wasn't built in a day, and in 3 months I'll have something going, I'm already starting many models, and stuff, and I have not stolen anything, if I have PROVE IT.

Consult a psychologist. Or rather, a psychotherapist. And I'm not even joking. No offense, but being popular in school doesn't make you a genius game designer, nor does it make you a brilliant businessman. I'd elaborate, but I'm off to bed.
幻術
2005-10-04, 4:49 PM #88
Also, on that "one of your best galleries" of yours, what *exactly* did you do?
幻術
2005-10-04, 5:12 PM #89
Nice models. What program did you use, and what format are you working in? Doesn't seem like those are normals, though. Are you working vertex by vertex, or using booleans?

IF you can answere those questions, I'll half believe you've made those short of sending me the files.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-04, 5:19 PM #90
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Nice models. What program did you use, and what format are you working in? Doesn't seem like those are normals, though. Are you working vertex by vertex, or using booleans?

IF you can answere those questions, I'll half believe you've made those short of sending me the files.

Dude, I could answer that and I couldn't model a paper bag. :p
D E A T H
2005-10-04, 5:26 PM #91

Dude, who uses booleans? Losers, that's who. LOSERS.
2005-10-04, 5:27 PM #92
But the simple fact of the matter is, Gold can't answer the questions because those models are not his own.

Here's how it will go:

Someone will recognize the models from somewhere and call Gold on his bull****. After he gets caught red-handed, he will go on to explain how he simply set up and rendered the scenes.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-04, 5:48 PM #93
Ok, it's clear he's not going to listen to our logic and reason. Just let him try and fail once more. This kid clearly is just not intelligent enough to even realize his errors with all of us explaining them...he would rather be ignorant. Ok well, have fun making your hugley successful MMORPG in 3 monthes and start making thousands of dollars. Even though there are tons of FREE mmorpg and PAY mmorpg that people would way rather play.

I'll be back to rub it in your face in a few days when you announce your latest plan and quit this one. Infact, I seriously think you should be banned because you are so annoying and stupid.
2005-10-04, 6:10 PM #94
Sorry I had to do this.
Attachment: 7577/you-reality.jpg (5,719 bytes)
2005-10-04, 6:14 PM #95
Wow. Just wow.

I guess this is Massassi's running gag?

Heh, how many lurkers are you guys putting this show on for?
2005-10-04, 6:24 PM #96
Close, Delphian:
Attachment: 7578/REALITY.JPG (8,067 bytes)
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-04, 6:36 PM #97
SF_Gold: take the $4/hour job. Learn how to design games in your spare time. You currently do not have the financial resources to commit yourself to something like this. Designing games is not a get-rich-quick scheme. There's a reason that, despite the fact that my dream job is game design, I'm also taking classes to get a networking degree because game design may fall through.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-10-04, 7:29 PM #98
"This has to be the best deal I've ever seen in my life..."

/me renames thread

"The most clueless person I have ever seen in my life..."
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-10-04, 7:36 PM #99
I'am

NOOOO. *gnashes teeth*

I AM or I'M, NOT I'AM.

:(
DO NOT WANT.
2005-10-04, 8:05 PM #100
Is it wrong that I find this thread absolutely hilarious?
Stuff
2005-10-04, 8:11 PM #101
Originally posted by Koobie:
No offense, but being popular in school doesn't make you a genius game designer

He's not even popular in school, kids hate him for being American. He has few friends.

Sorry Gold, but you told me yourself, you obviously were bull****ting when you wrote your comment about showing your MMORPG to your school.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-10-04, 8:12 PM #102
If you find reasoning with a brick wall hilarious, then yes :p
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-10-04, 8:18 PM #103
It's all good.
2005-10-04, 8:38 PM #104
Close, Delphian:

Are you saying that Mexico exists outside of reality?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-04, 8:41 PM #105
Everyone knows that Mexico is a machination of the Bush administration to distract people from rising gas prices.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-10-04, 8:42 PM #106
Originally posted by Echoman:
Are you saying that Mexico exists outside of reality?
I thought this was common knowledge? :confused:
2005-10-04, 9:57 PM #107
Poor SF_Gold...
2005-10-04, 9:59 PM #108
I'm sad I didn't read this thread earlier. It's a good read :p
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-10-04, 11:07 PM #109
Originally posted by Wolfy:
Everyone knows that Mexico is a machination of the Bush administration to distract people from rising gas prices.

Are you referring to illegal immigration?
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-10-04, 11:20 PM #110
Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll commit e-suicide like the jerks of the past.
2005-10-04, 11:56 PM #111
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']Dude, who uses booleans? Losers, that's who. LOSERS.

Shut up, sissy man.
>>untie shoes
2005-10-05, 10:37 AM #112
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']Dude, who uses booleans? Losers, that's who. LOSERS.

I do.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-10-05, 11:19 AM #113
People like Yoshi and Rob aren't helping, yes I know Gold is being ignorant but that doesn't mean you can't throw out at least a bit of constructive criticism.

Gold: As mean people have said, you're not going to make any money this way. I took a modeling course 2 years in high school and 2 years of programming and I'm not even close to being able to make a game. Heck I couldn't even make one on with just a few people. My friend right now is planning to go study more programming for about 4 more years before he even thinks about starting up his own company and he is been doing programming for years now(You should see how many different books he has on programming and his computer OS is linux). Also he has quite a few people who are going to help him out through the initial stages(me being one of them). I plan to study in many different fields of computers for the next few year throughout college before I even take up his offer. Even then, I'm stopping my learning there. Many people in the gaming industry are always learning new things. It's not as simple as learning this engine in a few months and trying to deliver a game hoping to make lots of money off of it.

*phew* I know I repeated some people but you really aren't going to learn how to make games this way. This program should only be a start if anything.
No sig.
2005-10-05, 12:28 PM #114
Originally posted by HCF_Duke:
People like Yoshi and Rob aren't helping, yes I know Gold is being ignorant but that doesn't mean you can't throw out at least a bit of constructive criticism.

I TRIED to be constructive, the first time I posted.

We know he's bull****ting. Why can't he just admit it, and go away like all the other game fakers?
2005-10-05, 12:51 PM #115
Originally posted by Rob:
I TRIED to be constructive, the first time I posted.

We know he's bull****ting. Why can't he just admit it, and go away like all the other game fakers?

Oh alright... didn't know that. Just Yoshi so far I haven't seen him being constructive. If Gold can't just admit that it's going to take more than what he thinks right now, he is going to fail.
No sig.
2005-10-05, 8:05 PM #116
I just got two more people on my team, friends of mine as well who are going to fund this thing. So heh, I plan to release some detail of the project in like 6 months, I've already started with writing down my ideas, some condept art, and a couple of other things.
2005-10-05, 8:13 PM #117
Now, I know this is going to sound extremely mean-spirited, but it isn't meant to be. You have at least one thing going for you, being that there's absolutely no expectations to meet outside your own. At least you have more than one person working on this, and you're not setting any sort of deadlines for yourself. If you're actually serious about this, which I really have a hard time believing, don't try to rush it.
2005-10-05, 8:26 PM #118
He didn't answer the aforementioned questions about the models he "made."

Therefore I am lead to believe he stole them from somewhere.

Which probably means when he said "two friends," he meant all the work he could steal from other artists over the internet with his two hands.
2005-10-05, 8:27 PM #119
Originally posted by Z@NARDI:
I do.

:o
2005-10-05, 8:47 PM #120
Originally posted by Rob:
He didn't answer the aforementioned questions about the models he "made."

Therefore I am lead to believe he stole them from somewhere.

Which probably means when he said "two friends," he meant all the work he could steal from other artists over the internet with his two hands.

1st: I know these people in person, I rarely deal with any one the net these days, cause I find it very hard to make points across

2nd: What questions?

EDIT: Will answer tommorrow.

↑ Up to the top!