Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Doom 3.... your thoughts.
Doom 3.... your thoughts.
2004-08-08, 7:34 PM #241
What's your setting at? Medium?
You shoudl take some screenshots to demonstrate.
------------------
WOOSH|-----@%

[This message has been edited by BobTheMasher (edited August 08, 2004).]
Warhead[97]
2004-08-09, 8:00 AM #242
the shadow for rails and stuff looks like a 3d clone of it set couple feet behind it to appear as if it were a shadow casted, like on a wall for example but when teh wall is not smooth the illusion dosnt work... Emon my computer with a geforce 4 ti4200 is doing the same thing and i was laughing because noone else wanted to comprehend what you were trying to point out...

ill take some screens when i get home tonight...

------------------
-if you don't know, then don't ask...

[This message has been edited by Snoopfighter639 (edited August 09, 2004).]
2004-08-09, 8:18 AM #243
I comprehend exactly what you guys are saying, but I'm insisting that you're wrong.
------------------
WOOSH|-----@%

[This message has been edited by BobTheMasher (edited August 09, 2004).]
Warhead[97]
2004-08-09, 8:24 AM #244
THE BFG IS AWESOME

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-08-09, 8:34 AM #245
If you're on medium maybe that's the problem. I generally notice stuff like this, but I'm playing on High and I don't see any problems at all.

------------------
I figure that one day I'll either be famous, or in prison. But I guess if I'm going to prison, I should probably try to do something that would make me famous anyway.
>>untie shoes
2004-08-09, 9:30 AM #246
Please, I spend many hours in the real world, I know what shadows look like, and I'm telling you there is something wrong with it, at least on my setup. I'll take some screenshots when I get home later today, or even a video. When I circle around a railing with a flashlight it becomes obvious that something isn't right.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-08-09, 10:06 AM #247
You are familiar with real life, but are you familiar with walking around with a flashlight in your eye? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] I know the effect yo'ure talking about, I noticed it too, it's weird, but it's accurate. What may be exaggerating it is the fact that the shadows are so crisp, and that we're all probably running a bit lower resolution than we do in real life.

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]

↑ Up to the top!