Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Do you even really care at this point?
Do you even really care at this point?
2016-11-01, 9:31 AM #241
I know it's the New York Times, but this is curious.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/politics/fbi-russia-election-donald-trump.html
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2016-11-01, 9:37 AM #242

This seems like a reach. Clinton campaign turning out their pockets?
2016-11-01, 9:37 AM #243
You're a Russian agent!

He's a Russian agent!

She's a Russian agent!

I'm a Russian agent!

We're all Russian agents!
2016-11-01, 10:56 AM #244
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
;1195632']This seems like a reach. Clinton campaign turning out their pockets?

I'm still waiting for you to explain your support of the Stanfield Organization.
>>untie shoes
2016-11-01, 11:38 PM #245
So... is Trump actually going to win?
Nothing to see here, move along.
2016-11-01, 11:46 PM #246
Probably not. Why? What makes you ask?
2016-11-01, 11:50 PM #247
The FBI thing has improved his odds, so the odds are slightly less negligible, but at this point the polls pretty much reflect the election.
2016-11-02, 12:00 AM #248
Trump must win.

It will validate everything I've never believed in. Or always believed in, I don't care.

Make America FGReat again, goddammit!

:<
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2016-11-02, 12:40 AM #249
I think Trump is going to lose, and I think Hillary Clinton is going to win. This is probably for the better. I'll also get some nice nostalgia out of Bill Clinton being back in the White House. I was eight years old when he stepped into office, and sixteen when he stepped out.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2016-11-02, 6:09 AM #250
Don't fail me now, Krokodile.

There will be at least ONE more ABSOLUTELY IRRELEVANT thing - whether it's a boo-hoo-hoo-doesn't-really-matter email or a boo-hoo-hoo-we-didnt-bother-leaking-this-earlier tape or anything in the same vein - that will make every legible American consult their America Inside(tm) and vote for Donald Trump. After his victory, they will (partially) realize the irrelevance of that said thing, and regret their decision.

If the UK has the overall national lack of intelligence to make such decisions, so does the U.S. of f***ing A.

Trump must win. Trump must win. Trump must win.
2016-11-02, 7:14 AM #251
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
So... is Trump actually going to win?

Yes.
2016-11-02, 9:13 AM #252
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast

That's a precarious lead that Clinton has.
former entrepreneur
2016-11-02, 11:24 AM #253
It will certainly be interesting if he does win. I have no idea what's going on in the FBI but Comey's letter seems to have done real damage to her campaign. I wonder if heads will roll.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2016/10/hillary-clinton-unions-trumka-iam-nnu-weingarten/

^ I like this article. For everyone saying the Wikileaks stuff is nothing, it's really not, it's just not all pertinent to the election. It's taking time but we're slowly seeing more how American politics really works, and I can only hope this makes citizens give institutional pressure that leads to some good changes. The more people are cognizant of how little politicians do in the favor of working-class Americans, the more anger there will be directed at the higher-ups, and not just government because government isn't always bad.
2016-11-03, 3:51 PM #254
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
;1195643']Yes.

Idea: SF_Gold makes an MMO about living in Mexico after The Wall is constructed.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2016-11-03, 4:43 PM #255
I want to say this: I really can't stand the way both candidates talk; their voices induce negative feelings. In terms of listenability, I think Obama was and is much better.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2016-11-03, 5:54 PM #256
We should increase the term limit to 12 years for a president IF certain conditions are met. If a president has served two terms he is permitted to be on the ballot alongside current candidates (including own party). Or a none of the above option where if it wins out it defaults to the sitting president for one more term.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2016-11-03, 5:55 PM #257
#YesOn1
2016-11-03, 11:06 PM #258
Wait a second. What if the FBI is secretly working for Putin? Has anyone ever checked into this?
2016-11-04, 1:38 PM #259
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
Idea: SF_Gold makes an MMO about living in Mexico after The Wall is constructed.

The Wall Online.
2016-11-04, 4:12 PM #260
News is reporting that there are terrorist plots afoot for election day. Is this a play to manipulate the elections on behalf of Donald Trump again? Because all the scared liberals will be cowering at home under the bed while the armed conservatives will go to the polls anyway?
2016-11-04, 5:50 PM #261
Terrorists attack Ohio, the heart of America.
2016-11-04, 9:26 PM #262
Originally posted by Brian:
Because all the scared liberals will be cowering at home under the bed after the police told them to, because liberal strongholds are the only places in the US worth attacking while the armed conservatives will go to the polls anyway to vote away even more rights in blind panic despite being too irrelevant to ever suffer a terrorist attack

fixed for historical accuracy, much like the textbooks will be after das trumper ascends to the gold leaf and faux marble throne.
2016-11-04, 9:27 PM #263
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Probably not. Why? What makes you ask?

Paranoia, mostly.
2016-11-06, 5:32 AM #264
Originally posted by Reid:
It will certainly be interesting if he does win. I have no idea what's going on in the FBI but Comey's letter seems to have done real damage to her campaign. I wonder if heads will roll.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2016/10/hillary-clinton-unions-trumka-iam-nnu-weingarten/

^ I like this article. For everyone saying the Wikileaks stuff is nothing, it's really not, it's just not all pertinent to the election. It's taking time but we're slowly seeing more how American politics really works, and I can only hope this makes citizens give institutional pressure that leads to some good changes. The more people are cognizant of how little politicians do in the favor of working-class Americans, the more anger there will be directed at the higher-ups, and not just government because government isn't always bad.

I think Emmett Rensin said it best, recently: The GOP needs to die so the Democratic Party can be the conservative party it obviously wants to be.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2016-11-07, 5:24 AM #265
wtf Comey
2016-11-07, 6:41 AM #266
HEY AMERICANS

ARE YOU READY TO VOTE FOR MORON OR RETARD TOMORROW?

HA

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/emot-burger.gif]
2016-11-07, 10:56 AM #267
Thanks for reminding me.
2016-11-07, 12:23 PM #268
I probably won't vote, I'm too busy to have my prez vote not matter, know nothing about the California election so who cares. Not worth the time or gas.
2016-11-07, 12:52 PM #269
I voted last week.

Kinda expecting riots no matter who wins.
2016-11-07, 2:54 PM #270
They built a school virtually across the street from me a couple years back and it's our polling location. Thinking about heading there in the morning before class. I do not plan to vote for the long time New York Democrat.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2016-11-07, 3:10 PM #271
Posted this on Facebook:

So I've been thinking about this flawed meme since I saw it floating around last week. I suppose we're meant to infer that there is a significant difference between the two candidates and that one is evil and the other, having done some questionable things, is still far better than the other. Since most of the people I saw sharing this are Trump supporters, I will approach this in that regard even though the meme is actually intended to be pro Hillary.
First, this election is not a choice between good and evil or Sauron and Gandalf. It's more like Sauron or Saruman. If you recall from the films Saruman, the white wizzard, was thought to be an ally. He also had been secretly colluding with Sauron yet had his own designs for power and planned to seize the ring and throne for himself. It's easy to see the similarities between Saruman and Trump. Trump supported the Clinton's, up until quite recently spoke highly of them, has been seen by some Republicans and the Alt Right as an ally, and is now moving to seize power himself.
Gandalf can play into this theme as well as the members of the Fellowship of the Ring. Those characters are represented by the other primary candidates that did not win their party's nomination. I'm certainly not suggesting that every candidate was good but there were several far better choices and the time to choose between good and evil was during the primary. We are now stuck with Sauron and Saruman. Have fun at the polls!

2016-11-07, 4:04 PM #272
Clinton is Saruman, but she's not working for Trump, so I don't think he can be Sauron.

Trump is Shelob.
2016-11-07, 4:14 PM #273
Yeah, if you're coming at the meme from a different perspective than I you have to figure your own way to make it work. Originally, Clinton is supposed to be Gandalf. That's how stupid the person that made it is.

2016-11-07, 7:32 PM #274
The reason most people don't vote is:

1. It takes time and money.

2. Neither candidate represents working people, a majority in this country.

3. Electoral college encourages two-party voting.

There's literally no reason at all to vote until you're bourgoise. Plus any device to encourage people to vote is not ever done out of some altruism, it's because Republicans are consistent voters and so voter turnout improves Democrat odds. So yeah I read images like that as basically propaganda from the Clinton campaign.
2016-11-07, 7:34 PM #275
Oh, it says redstatedems.com

Yeah, it's Democrat propaganda.
2016-11-07, 10:19 PM #276
The last time I voted, the voting booth official who gave me the instructions was a young attractive woman wearing a somewhat low-cut dress.

Just about the only good part from that election.

... Just about the only time a young attractive woman has spoken to me. Oy!
2016-11-08, 6:24 AM #277
I voted. My candidate will not be winning, and I did not vote for Trump, so I can sleep with a morally sound conscience tonight.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2016-11-08, 9:49 AM #278
Actually I think Trump is Sauron and Clinton is Denethor.
2016-11-08, 2:15 PM #279
But guys, we get stickers.
2016-11-08, 5:46 PM #280
WTF? Trump is gonna win Florida?

↑ Up to the top!