Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → COVID-19
COVID-19
2020-06-02, 7:24 PM #361
Words to live by.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2020-06-04, 3:11 AM #362
clicked back to the previous page expecting to find fourteen words but i only found eleven
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2020-06-30, 6:52 PM #363
We are still in the First Wave of COVID-19, I'm guessing. How's everyone doing?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2020-06-30, 9:08 PM #364
Wife was furloughed for 8 weeks. Some scammer had already claimed jobless benefits using her stolen info and so far they haven't done anything about it. It's very frustrating because she reported it back before she even needed benefits and they did nothing. They are nearly impossible to get ahold of.

My job seems stable for now but who knows?

My older son (early 20s) left the Air Force and moved in with us (temporarily); he said he wasn't feeling well a few days ago and went in for a covid test; no results so far but he seems fine and nobody else has any symptoms.
2020-06-30, 10:34 PM #365
We are fine here. Our employment is generally immune from covid and none of us have been ill at all. Probably going to visit family for a few days.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2020-07-01, 3:04 AM #366
Close call at work, but no positives locally. Other locations have had a dozen or so cases. The crazy split schedule we're on is starting to cause burnout in people, but they have no intention to make any changes right now since FL cant get their act together.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2020-07-28, 6:08 PM #367
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
Close call at work, but no positives locally. Other locations have had a dozen or so cases. The crazy split schedule we're on is starting to cause burnout in people, but they have no intention to make any changes right now since FL cant get their act together.

Oh your workplace doing that thing where % of the workforce comes in and rotates? Along with temperature checks and daily waivers...
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2020-07-28, 8:30 PM #368
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Oh your workplace doing that thing where % of the workforce comes in and rotates? Along with temperature checks and daily waivers...

We were, yeah. They've gone back to a normal work schedule now, but we're still isolated in zones so I'm in a temp office, can't go to other buildings, etc. Most of the white collar people are still WFH, it's just manufacturing and engineering that are on-site. We now have one case at our location (different building, had already been away for a couple weeks, so no risk to the rest of us) and a couple have died in other states. Have to report non-local travel to your home, so if you leave the region or if others come to you, in case HR deems it high-risk and ban you from the office for two weeks. Mandatory mask use of course.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2020-07-30, 2:42 PM #369
Goodnight, sweet prince.
2020-07-30, 11:11 PM #370

2020-07-31, 12:04 AM #371
Originally posted by Wookie06:

Too bad all anybody will remember him for is refusing to wear a mask. v:)v
2020-07-31, 12:05 AM #372
An unfortunate demonstration of the power of "news' media. Suppose it would be inappropriate to make a Nazi reference here.

2020-07-31, 12:18 AM #373
An unfortunate demonstration of the power of "news' media. Suppose it would be inappropriate to make a Nazi reference here.

ooooorrr....

Quote:
A Scottish man walks into his local pub looking glum and sits down for a few drinks. The bartender pours him a shot and he slams it and continues with his gloomy demeanor. The bartender pours another shot – same thing.

After a while the bartender asks the man what’s got him so depressed. The man answers, “You see that barn over there? I built that barn with me own two hands but do they call me William the barn builder? No.”

The bartender is confused but the man continues, “You see that bridge over there? I built that bridge stone by stone with me own two hands but do they call me William the bridge builder? No. You **** one sheep though…”

aN uNForTuNAte deMOnStRAtiON of ThE etc.
2020-08-06, 3:19 PM #374
taking issue with the idea of a scottish man ordering shots on his own
nope.
2020-08-06, 11:37 PM #375
I didn't get it either. I mean, I get the joke but not the context. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2020-08-07, 10:06 PM #376
I didn't get it either. I mean, I get the joke but not the context. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://darwinawards.com/
2020-08-07, 10:10 PM #377
Holy crap, never mind:
[quote=Wikipedia article on the Darwin Awards]Accidental self-sterilisation also qualifies; however, the site notes: "Of necessity, the award is usually bestowed posthumously." The candidate is disqualified, though, if "innocent bystanders", who might have contributed positively to the gene pool, are killed in the process.[/quote]
2020-12-13, 12:03 AM #378
Over 9,000 U.S. COVID Deaths Forecast for Week of Christmas As Cases Continue to Soar

↑ Up to the top!