Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → POLL: Do you look down on blacks?
POLL: Do you look down on blacks?
2004-03-03, 3:15 PM #1
I think that the majority of whites look down on the black culture and do not view them as equals... I'm tryin to see if this is true here...

I know this topic may be controversial but please don't get mad. This is just a poll so please answer honestly. I will not view you as a less of a man/woman if you look down on blacks... just please tell me why.

I feel this is true for the most part in my experience here... I get ridiculed and made fun of just cuz I type different. I am an "enemy" of you guys, apparently.

Now post your opinion.

------------------
My Tracks
2004-03-03, 3:16 PM #2
Subconciously, most of them do, but you will never get anyone to admit it.
2004-03-03, 3:17 PM #3
i tend to look down on the entire human race...

------------------
wang is within all
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-03-03, 3:17 PM #4
I'd say I view blacks as equals... I certantly don't discriminate. I had a bunch of good black friends in HS, and truthfully, most of the time I never thought about their skin color. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
The Mega-ZZTer's Gaming Haven!

Bot Pack JO | Let's Roll JK | Bespin JA | Patch Enforcer JK/Mots | Pac-Man JK

2004-03-03, 3:18 PM #5
No, I don't look down on black people.

I do look down on the whole rap AND pop culture. Pretty much equally.

------------------
WOOSH.
-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-03-03, 3:19 PM #6
I look down on the stereotypical black and white teenager.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-03-03, 3:20 PM #7
There are certain sectors of the black population that I don't like or care to associate with. That said, I also know plenty of black people who I'm proud to call my friends or associate with.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-03-03, 3:21 PM #8
Not at all. 80% of my school is either black or hispanic. I have many black/hispanic friends. I see no reson to think of people different based on skin color. I do however judge people on how they act. Ex. The "Ghetto rapper" people I can't stand. It's a whole new language! Not one I can get used to. The whole rap culture thing.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">There are certain sectors of the black population that I don't like or care to associate with. That said, I also know plenty of black people who I'm proud to call my friends or associate with.</font>

Yea, that basically.
------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited March 03, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-03-03, 3:21 PM #9
I look down on annoying people.

------------------
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2004-03-03, 3:21 PM #10
I look down on all humans.

Shaved Wookiees unite!

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2004-03-03, 3:22 PM #11
*NOT MY OPINION*
i heared someone at school say (a black boy actually). with all minorities there is a difference between a *color* guy and *racial slur*

i'm not sure if that is relevant to the conversation, but there it is.

------------------
DUU BistX0rz ein N00b!
DUU BistX0rz ein N00b!
2004-03-03, 3:22 PM #12
I view them as equals.

But, there are some african-american people or associations that I don't like at all, like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. They piss me off so much.

------------------
Only To Keep The Public Happy
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-03-03, 3:22 PM #13
I look down on thug culture, yeah, but it has absolutely nothing to do with race. Way down.

*shrug*

There are many, many talented rappers out there, but I do not care for the culture that surrounds a lot of them. How many times do you have to rap about ****ing random women, getting high and shooting cops?
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-03-03, 3:23 PM #14
I could care less about someone's skin colour, just their behaviour.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-03-03, 3:25 PM #15
The only time I ever looked down at a black person it was Rivin, literal and he was busy at the time.

------------------
Hahaha, clownsuit.
"The moral of the story? No means no, especially when it comes to the English language. It's not into the kinky stuff you want it to do, and therefore you should not force it." - Darko
2004-03-03, 3:26 PM #16
personally i belive that all people born in america are americans (with the exeptions of 1/4 or greater indians, and 2nd generation immigrants) i see minority sub-cultures ad part of american cluture, some more pleasant than others. i judge them by their attributes, not members.

------------------
DUU BistX0rz ein N00b!
DUU BistX0rz ein N00b!
2004-03-03, 3:26 PM #17
I'm glad that everyone on this thread is proud to admit that they are perfect little angels [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]. I will admit that unless it's a black person I know beforehand, I tend to notice it right away. It's not so much that I look down on them (although if I see someone dressed as a "gangsta", black or otherwise, I do), it's just that I notice it. In my mind I don't make anything of someone being asian or hispanic or middle-eastern, but if someone is black it clicks in my mind, "Hey, he's black."
2004-03-03, 3:28 PM #18
No. That would be racist.

------------------
"Buildings that we have created to be aesthetically pleasing are slaughtering birds."
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2004-03-03, 3:31 PM #19
I grew up in a city that was, and still is, predominately black, more the "thug" culture than not. However, I've had neighbors for many years who were black and didn't have anything to do with the thug culture. Color was never something I though about, but rather the way people act.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-03-03, 3:31 PM #20
I don't. Not even the angry white male, pseudo-racist, "rap and hip-hop aren't music", "damn minority took my spot at college", "loud black people scare me" rut that so many of my fellow students are stuck in.
2004-03-03, 3:31 PM #21
no, that's profiling...

------------------
My Tracks
2004-03-03, 3:33 PM #22
...because profiles and stereotypes are never derived from actual behavior.
Those bees all have paws!
2004-03-03, 3:33 PM #23
Like if you see a black doctor, you guys wouldn't think that's strange?

Honestly, if you saw a black doctor and a white doctor, both the same qualifications and everything.. who would you choose to go to?

------------------
My Tracks

[This message has been edited by Em Playa (edited March 03, 2004).]
2004-03-03, 3:36 PM #24
I'm sure "the white man is keeping you down" but you're really just playing the devil's advocate trying to 'prove' that other races are 'afraid of black people'.

Now, that smells of racism, me thinks.

[This message has been edited by Yossarian (edited March 03, 2004).]
2004-03-03, 3:37 PM #25
The cheaper one.

[Edit: Avenger....
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">i belive that all people born in america are americans (with the exeptions of 1/4 or greater indians, and 2nd generation immigrants)</font>

Whaaat? So because my dad was canadian and I was born in California and have lived in Arizona and Oklahoma, and am TECHNICALLY a dual citizen..I'm not american?]

------------------
WOOSH.
-----@%

[This message has been edited by BobTheMasher (edited March 03, 2004).]
Warhead[97]
2004-03-03, 3:38 PM #26
I hate the argument "I have black friends so I can't possibly be racist!"

It has little to do with it.
2004-03-03, 3:40 PM #27
considering i'm a big scientific guy a difference in shade of skin tone will not effect my opinion on someone just how they treat me.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it</font>

---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2004-03-03, 3:42 PM #28
I dont look down on blacks, but I cant stand it when any minority says "I can't be racist, I'm a minority!"

------------------
Lat rocks my box with sox
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-03-03, 3:42 PM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Em Playa:
Like if you see a black doctor, you guys wouldn't think that's strange?</font>

...why would that be strange?

Quote:
Honestly, if you saw a black doctor and a white doctor, both the same qualifications and everything.. who would you choose to go to?</font>

Whoever called my name first. I don't know about anyone else but I can't tell how good a doctor is at a glance....so unless one of them is dancing around screaming "BEES BEES MY HEAD IS FULL OF BEEEEEES!!", either is fine.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-03-03, 3:42 PM #30
Em Playa, I think most black people would rather go to the black doctor, just as much as white people would rather go to the white doctor.
2004-03-03, 3:43 PM #31
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Honestly, if you saw a black doctor and a white doctor, both the same qualifications and everything.. who would you choose to go to?</font>

Whichever one was cheaper? I don't know, it really wouldn't matter to me.. maybe I would pick the black doctor, since I would be more impressed that he/she received a PhD and worked hard to become a doctor in a society where opportunities for blacks aren't as abundant. I think it would all come down to which had a more likeable personality.
2004-03-03, 3:43 PM #32
Strange in that they are uncommon compared to whites.

------------------
My Tracks
2004-03-03, 3:45 PM #33
what?

------------------
Lat rocks my box with sox
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-03-03, 3:45 PM #34
I look down on certain blacks just as equally as I look down on certain whites.
As for the doctor question, I'd chose the white doctor, simply because I think I feel slightly more comfortable around people of my race. I don't see anything wrong with that. I see no reason why we should be forced to live together- if black people don't want to be with white people, great. If white people don't want to be with black people, great. I'm not saying either race is inferior to the other, because neither is, but I don't think it's unnatural for one to feel more comfortable with others like them.

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?

[This message has been edited by Correction (edited March 03, 2004).]
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-03-03, 3:46 PM #35
My mother has a friend whose father, until the day he died, refused to touch any food prepared by a black person. He would only take his children to restaurants where you actually see the chefs (subs, pizzas, Chinese). Besides that, he was not racist in any way. He was pro-Civil Rights and had many black co-workers and friends. Strange specimen, really.

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.
:master::master::master:
2004-03-03, 3:46 PM #36
Proper grammer has nothing to do with teh color of your skin. Do I find you annyoing alot of the time ? Yes. Does it have anything to do with the color od your skin ? No.

Quote:
Like if you see a black doctor, you guys wouldn't think that's strange?

Honestly, if you saw a black doctor and a white doctor, both the same qualifications and everything.. who would you choose to go to?

</font>

No, I honestly wouldn't think twice about that fact that a doctor happned to be black, I would go to the one that was closer to my house.
2004-03-03, 3:47 PM #37
Whichever doctor isn't giving me a shot.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-03-03, 3:47 PM #38
Quote:

</font>

Black people (in the U.S) are uncommon compared to white people in general though.

2004-03-03, 3:49 PM #39
I look UP to them. They're a lot better at sports AND dancing. They've got rhythm and can jump.

I do look down on the Gangsta mentality- but I look down on whites and blacks equally that try to be "bad"

------------------
"Your entire base belongs to us."

"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"
"Your entire base belongs to us."
"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"
"Launch all of our ships, christened 'Zigs', to insure that justice will be achieved swiftly and powerfully."
2004-03-03, 3:50 PM #40
Quote:

</font>

......You're the one who asked us if it would be STRANGE or not.

That right there is a source of the profiling and racism.

If you don't want to be "separate" or "looked down upon" don't separate yourself from it.

↑ Up to the top!