Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → POLL: Do you look down on blacks?
POLL: Do you look down on blacks?
2004-03-04, 11:36 AM #201
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sine Nomen:
I look down on thug culture, yeah, but it has absolutely nothing to do with race. Way down.

*shrug*

There are many, many talented rappers out there, but I do not care for the culture that surrounds a lot of them. How many times do you have to rap about ****ing random women, getting high and shooting cops?
</font>

Consensus.

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"You'll have to face it, the endings are the same however you slice it. Don't be deluded by any other endings, they're all fake, with malicious intent to deceive, or just motivated by excessive optimism if not by downright sentimentality. The only authentic ending is the one provided here: John and Mary die. John and Mary die. John and Mary die." -Happy Endings [Margeret Atwood]
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-03-04, 11:36 AM #202
OK. This is a picture of me at Mardi Gras. My good friends are all white. Therefore around them I usually dress the same way, or I will wear whatever I wish, cause I usually dress "black", in a clean way. Well I had my du rag, because as most of you dont know, the du rag is actually something black men use to pat down their hair to produce the waves. It has become a fashion item, but I dont wear it when I go out, cause I dont see the point. Well I had it in my travel bag, and one of my friends thought I should connect with my "thug" side, and just wear and see how I look. This is coming from a friend of mine..a southern friend of mine, who would probably never go out with me if I dressed with one on my head. So I did wear it for part of the night, till I starting talking to some white girls and I didnt want to look like a thug. Enough background story. Knowing nothing about me, and see this picture, what would you think of me?

[http://www.jedinights.com/ubuu/massassi/methug.png]

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

[This message has been edited by Ubuu (edited March 04, 2004).]

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-03-04, 11:36 AM #203
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ubuu:
I hate the South too. I guess you can say I am racist against the south. I hate all of you. Except Sine and Kak.

</font>

You might want to rephrase that. When I lived in Tennessee, everybody called me a northerner. But the truth is, they need to learn how to read a map. Arizona and the southern tip of Nevada (read: Las Vegas), are farther south than most "southerners". You might want to be anti-southeast. That's where the problems are. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

That isn't to say that the southwest is devoid of problems, but it's not so much blacks that get the rap. In the southwest, Mexicans get the bad rap from people with Texan in them. I swear, Texas ruined the American perception of Mexico. If I hear one more guy from Texas call a Mexican a Bandito I'm going to rip his "my throat's bigger than yours cause it's from Texas" right out.

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-03-04, 11:45 AM #204
Quote:
Knowing nothing about me, and see this picture, what would you think of me?

[http://www.jedinights.com/ubuu/massassi/methug.png]

</font>

You need to shave?

------------------
Roach - Steal acceptance, lend denial.

0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-03-04, 11:48 AM #205
Its called a goatee, that you cant see well. How about you answer my question.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-03-04, 11:53 AM #206
I thought I did...or were you expecting something along the lines of "Oh no! Hide the gold, he'll mug us for sure!"

------------------
Roach - Steal acceptance, lend denial.

0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-03-04, 11:53 AM #207
That type of style I like. I love the thug look, at long is its clean, and not over done.

------------------
Massassian since: March 12, 2001

[=-"The hardest thing is to forgive, but God does;
Even if you murdered or robbed, years wrong, but God loves;
Take one step toward him, he takes two toward you;
Even when all else fail, God supports you." - Nas
-=]
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2004-03-04, 11:54 AM #208
I don't, but sometimes it's just difficult to find something to talk about with them. (Not many black guys in my church)

------------------
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

-Tazz
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

Tazz
2004-03-04, 11:55 AM #209
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Knowing nothing about me, and see this picture, what would you think of me?</font>

You're hot baby. That and "ooh looks like my watch!".

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-03-04, 11:57 AM #210
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jaiph:
You're hot baby. That and "ooh looks like my watch!".

</font>

Hey now, not here!

BTW, M/17/IN UR BEDZ OMGZ
------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

[This message has been edited by Ubuu (edited March 04, 2004).]

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-03-04, 12:01 PM #211
Slug: Insipid is right: it's about fear. Young black males scare you because of some random traumatizing experience, so a basic guilt-by-association instinct at some unconscious level has left you with a deep distrust of those black people who are capable of hurting you. Being naturally adverse to racism, you call it self-preservation and make a list of bull**** excuses to justify what boils down to a series of irrational xenophobic fears stemming from deeply-seated psychological issues that you really should have gotten over by now.

Like everyone else with your particular hangups, you have an essentially reactionary outlook: rather than take the risk that the black man in the store might not be there to burn you (or that the guy with green hair is actually a valid human being, even), you shrink into this defensive, twitchy state without any reason beyond your idiotic stereotypes.

You see, most people naturally ignore group classifications and even reserve judgment on individuals until a valid observations allow them to reach a reasonable conclusion. You, because of your past problems, feel you don't have that luxury: you lost your rational footing in exchange for a paranoid, survivalist brand of mental illness. You should probably try to deal with it.

On a more practical note, I am are perfectly capable of avoiding dangerous situations without lapsing into your bizarre "black people want to steal my shoes" trip. And no, not every thief in your store is a black male: your bias has blinded you.

And, finally, this is directed at Slug, the archetypal angry white male who represents all that is wrong with the world. I don't claim that it represents you to any accuracy. Take from it what you will.
2004-03-04, 12:02 PM #212
I would think do-rag + polo shirt = DOES NOT COMPUTE (Will Smith lololol)

Please don't steal my TV [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.

[This message has been edited by lateralus (edited March 04, 2004).]
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2004-03-04, 12:08 PM #213
I love Slug, I and know he is about to read this page, so I am curious. Slug with that picture, would you keep an eye on me if I walked in your store? Is that the kid of dres you were speaking of? I just want to be sure.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-03-04, 12:22 PM #214
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ictus:
[Slug is an angry white supremacist who's afraid of minorities]</font>

You admit right there in your post that trusting an individual is a risk. What you see as being a better person by taking that risk, I see as stupid. Nobody is hurt by me inwardly thinking something about them. If it turns out I was right, then I've avoided a potentially bad situation. If it turns out I was wrong, I go "Oh, I was wrong" and begin talking to the person and treating them like anyone else. The fact that you keep bringing up the green hair example is even stranger, since you certainly can't assume that I somehow fear people with green hair. It's simply a law of averages - The average person with long, greasy, sickly green hair is annoying, and will proceed to talk endlessly to me about pot or the new Cannibal Corpse album. Thus, I avoid them. I may be depriving myself of the company of some genuinely cool people in doing this, but odds are, I'll simply be avoiding a rant about how Fear Factory should never have disbanded.

... And yes actually, every single thief other than an old homeless white guy that I have ever in my life dealt with was black. Sorry tiger, but you really called the wrong bluff there. And we're not talking like 1 or 2 instances. Off the top of my head, I can think of about 10 different occasions where a black guy has stolen from me, my family, or my friends. That's not even taking into account the weekly thefts from work.

And Ubuu, I can't answer that question based on a picture. Were you to swagger into my store talking **** and acting like a typical thug, then yes. If you walked in and politely said "Hey, what's up?" when I greeted you, no. I could say the same for any race though - The problem, as others have stated, is that young black males are the most likely to act that way.

[This message has been edited by Slug (edited March 04, 2004).]
2004-03-04, 12:29 PM #215
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Do you look down on blacks?</font>

Yes. Of course I do, all white people think black people are monkeys.

OMG KKK 4 EVA!!!!11

------[end of fake post]-----

I don't think any more or less of anyone for their skin color, but we all know this is exactly what you wanted to hear.

As for why Massassi in general doesn't seem to like you, it's simple: You type in a way that makes us think you're an idiot. Most of us here consider talking about "da time ahs was in mah crib wit mah homiez an dis ho... [illegible ebonics crap]" as lower-class communication, akin to preteens on AOL "OMG TOCKING LIEK TIHS OMG WTF LOL OMG!!111." Illegible pseudo-English doesn't make you stupid, stupidity makes illegible pseudo-English. Though you're not very perceptive, you seem smart enough to understand that when you use pseudo-English, we can only assume you're stupid, especially when we don't know anything else about you.

TLEL MEE MPLAYA DO U TIHNK I R STOOPID BCUZ OF TEH WAE I R TALKIN BCUZ TEHN JOO GET TEH IDEEYA ABOOT WUT WE ETIHNK OF UR TAIPIN G!!!!!!1111

Oh yeah: In closing, that racist KKK banter in the beginning was completely fake. I cannot stress that enough.

Oh, and Ubuu, you're not all creepy looking or anything. I probably wouldn't freak out if I saw you on the street or if you walked in my store or whatnot. Can we call you "Ubizzle" like Rivin did? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

[This message has been edited by Checksum (edited March 04, 2004).]
2004-03-04, 12:30 PM #216
Ubuu: Damn. you're pretty good looking(and I mean it in the most heterosexual way possible).

------------------
Checksum: I thought about it, I guess I'm striving for my own personal ideals. I'll just project those ideals onto Jesus and say "I'm trying to be like Jesus" so that I won't have to listen to you banter endlessly about me worshipping a false god or some such.

The Last True Evil: Ironically, that's very Christian of you.

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited March 04, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-03-04, 12:38 PM #217
Kieran, your signature makes no sense. I've told you in about 80 threads now, I *am* Christian. I was just trying to shut Captain BiblePounder up for once.
2004-03-04, 12:40 PM #218
Thanks, I guess, hehe

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-03-04, 12:43 PM #219
maybe I'm blind but this is the second time youve brought it up. I like it, and obviously it does make sense because you just explained what you were doing. anyway, if you want to talk, fight, whatever you want with me about my sig, e-mail me. Do not make it an issue on the forums.

------------------
Checksum: I thought about it, I guess I'm striving for my own personal ideals. I'll just project those ideals onto Jesus and say "I'm trying to be like Jesus" so that I won't have to listen to you banter endlessly about me worshipping a false god or some such.

The Last True Evil: Ironically, that's very Christian of you.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-03-04, 12:46 PM #220
Ubuu, ignoring that your "thug" picture is clearly fake, yes, one would assume you are apart of the thug culture. It's the way you're dressed and the way you pose. And why shouldn't it be? It has nothing to do with blacks or thug culture, it's the same for anything else. If I put on robes and hold a Bible, people are going to think I'm some altar boy.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-03-04, 12:58 PM #221
Quote:
Knowing nothing about me, and see this picture, what would you think of me?</font>

That shirt looks good on you? You look like someone who dresses fine. Unless you made me think otherwise, I would think you'd be able to perform as a fully functional member of society.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-03-04, 1:24 PM #222
Ubuu: HAWT! Really thats looks realy cool, its just when people go overboard its....... its like a bad color scheme :P very hard to look at.

And i am proud of Massassi, we went through six pages on a very controversial subject and there has been no serious flame war.

This must come to an end.

>.>
<.<

Wolfy you suck!

------------------

"Run Away!"
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-03-04, 1:32 PM #223
Slug: You aren't the seat of unbiased rationality. Your predjudices color your perceptions and personal interactions. People can be extrodinarily adapt at picking up signals: you vibe racist white guy, people will treat you like a racist white guy. Specifically, like ****.

The only people you've caught stealing have been black. You watch black people because you think they're thieves, you catch black people who are thieves, while allowing innumerable klepto blondes or whoever to get off free. You're reinforcing your stereotypes with a distorted sample. In any case, you aren't a reliable witness: you can't give an honest report because everything you say has been filtered through a warped lens. Who knows if you've only had black people steal from you? Chances are, you wouldn't remember a white thief because it doesn't fit in your perverted world view.

Not passing judgment is not the same as trusting someone, and is certainly not a risk. If you're burned, blame the individual. No one else is responsible for their sins. You admitted that your predjudices are horribly flawed and likely depriving yourself of worthwhile interactions, so why keep them? People will react a lot more positively to someone who isn't seething with fear and anger.
2004-03-04, 1:33 PM #224
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Knowing nothing about me, and see this picture, what would you think of me?[/B]</font>

You look normal enough, but there must be something wrong with you if you're posting on "Do you hate black people?" threads on a Jedi Knight editing website. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
S51

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.' 'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice. 'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'
2004-03-04, 1:48 PM #225
Thank god I didnt start the thread then [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-03-04, 1:56 PM #226
Quote:
The only people you've caught stealing have been black. You watch black people because you think they're thieves, you catch black people who are thieves, while allowing innumerable klepto blondes or whoever to get off free. You're reinforcing your stereotypes with a distorted sample.</font>

I really just have no way to respond to this. There's just no way I could possibly ever make you believe that I'm not insane and paranoid to the point where I literally block out memories of white people stealing from me, is there?

You know how we catch people stealing from us? Sensors going off. Sensors don't keep an eye on blacks, letting blondes walk by. However, as I'm certain there's absolutely nothing that I can say here in my defense, I'll just walk away, and let you keep thinking that I'm some paranoid whack-job who's so far gone that he can't even manage his own memories at this point.

From here on out, all memories of this thread will be replaced with memories of a black guy stealing my shoes and beating up my mother. Goodbye.
2004-03-04, 2:03 PM #227
I really don't know what to say.I have had my *** threatned by a bunch of white dudes who call me nigger, but I still look at most white people as a fresh start. ALL MY friends are white, and I have black aquintances. but thats fine, I guess I understand your logic. I guess I am more disappointed that it had to come the way it did. Sorry.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-03-04, 2:05 PM #228
Quote:
Slug: Insipid is right: it's about fear. Young black males scare you because of some random traumatizing experience, so a basic guilt-by-association instinct at some unconscious level has left you with a deep distrust of those black people who are capable of hurting you. Being naturally adverse to racism, you call it self-preservation and make a list of bull**** excuses to justify what boils down to a series of irrational xenophobic fears stemming from deeply-seated psychological issues that you really should have gotten over by now.

Like everyone else with your particular hangups, you have an essentially reactionary outlook: rather than take the risk that the black man in the store might not be there to burn you (or that the guy with green hair is actually a valid human being, even), you shrink into this defensive, twitchy state without any reason beyond your idiotic stereotypes.
</font>

I love how you think you know the situation or situations Slug has been in. The basis for Slug's views are not irrational if they are based on experience or actual events. I lived in Oakland California for 18 years and I can tell the young black males who are likely to be trouble and those who aren't based on the way they dress, the way they talk, the way the carry themselves and the way they act. It has nothing to do with irrational, random occurances. That said, I can point out the white and latino kids who are more likely to cause trouble.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-03-04, 2:06 PM #229

[http://www.jedinights.com/rivin/tink1.jpg]

------------------
"She turned me into a newt!"
Pause
"Well I got better..."
"She turned me into a newt!"
Pause
"Well I got better..."
2004-03-04, 2:07 PM #230
secksey!

------------------
Juztyn
Taking credit for: Canyon Stream, Higher Ground, The Space Between, Death's Dome (mlp3), bits of JKRPG, and the entire Showcase forum, damnit!... Visit SWGalaxies.net for the latest Star Wars: Galaxies information!
I beat the internet. The last guy was hard.
2004-03-04, 2:07 PM #231
Yay.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%

An exile of the Soviet Massassi Regime
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-03-04, 2:08 PM #232
I would say that you're about to rob a Blockbuster, Riv.

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]
2004-03-04, 2:09 PM #233
I think you need to shave your legs Tink.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-03-04, 2:09 PM #234
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by R_ivi_N:

[http://www.jedinights.com/rivin/tink1.jpg]

</font>

Hot.
2004-03-04, 2:10 PM #235
On an unrelated note, would you trust an annonomus person from Oakland to trade graphics cards with you? Because this is the situation I am in right now.

Edit: We would be meeting half way and I won't know if it works until I get home... :/

[This message has been edited by Mystic0 (edited March 04, 2004).]
2004-03-04, 2:12 PM #236
Mystic0 why would you trade graphics cards? Surley one of you will be losing out...

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
---@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-03-04, 2:13 PM #237
Beware Mystic0! You don't know where his cards have been...

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%

An exile of the Soviet Massassi Regime
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-03-04, 2:15 PM #238
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mystic0:
On an unrelated note, would you trust an annonomus person from Oakland to trade graphics cards with you? Because this is the situation I am in right now.

Edit: We would be meeting half way and I won't know if it works until I get home... :/

</font>

What part of Oakland is the key there. There are some good parts, some really shady parts, and everythig in between.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-03-04, 2:21 PM #239
I could think of an agreement with him... I could say either:
  • Give me the original recept so I can RMA it if it is infact dead. Meet half way in Fremont.
  • 'Tip' me $25 instead of the reciept to cover potential repair cost. Meet half way in Freemont
  • Have him drive all the way to my house so I can test it out. If it dosn't work I won't give him my card. If it does, I will tip him $25 for mistrusting him.

Of course, doing that would genorate a lot of mistrust between us and make things uneasy. I could always risk it and suck up the $25 abit repair fee if something in fact does happen.

Note to Em Playa: I do not intend to hijack your thread in any way. If you believe I am, just tell me to stop and we can get back on topic. I just thought it was an opertune time since somebody mentioned Oakland.

Edit: RMAs take a loooong time... :/

2004-03-04, 2:25 PM #240
Slug: You honestly expect me to believe that "every single thief other than an old homeless white guy that I have ever in my life dealt with was black"? Sorry, but you simply aren't that credible. So yes, you're either blinded or lying.

↑ Up to the top!