Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → POLL: Do you look down on blacks?
POLL: Do you look down on blacks?
2004-03-04, 2:26 PM #241
I have a better solution for you
2004-03-04, 2:28 PM #242
I'm not racist - I hate everyone equally. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

Raynar
Pagewizard_YKS: "making your own lightsaber doesn't make you a nerd... "
Raynar - the man with a 10.75" ePenis
2004-03-04, 2:28 PM #243
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ictus:
Slug: You honestly expect me to believe that "every single thief other than an old homeless white guy that I have ever in my life dealt with was black"? Sorry, but you simply aren't that credible. So yes, you're either blinded or lying.</font>

....or you're prejudiced against Slug because 'whitey is keeping you down'? You dig?
2004-03-04, 2:29 PM #244
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ictus:
Slug: You honestly expect me to believe that "every single thief other than an old homeless white guy that I have ever in my life dealt with was black"? Sorry, but you simply aren't that credible. So yes, you're either blinded or lying.</font>

...wha? I've known Slug for 7 odd years and I can't for a second work out why Slug would be lying here. I've never known Slug to lie, infact he's always been brutally honest from day one.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-03-04, 2:32 PM #245
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jon`C:
I have a better solution for you</font>

Thanks Jon... but you know, he could just not mail it and then I'm screwed... it looks like I'm either going to have to take a risk or generate some mistrust...
2004-03-04, 2:37 PM #246
Where did you steal that dress from, Rivin?

But seriously, Freelancer: the public schools in Chicago suck horribly, and Chicago (like all major cities) has a ton of minorities, including blacks. Even those that work hard in school still receive a sub-par education through elementary and high school, which makes it near impossible to get into a good college, assuming that they even have the money to pay for it. This means that they are unable to get a decent job and thus continues the cycle of poverty. In no way, shape, or form are blacks on the same equal footing with whites in the US.. that's why affirmative action is needed until the playing field is leveled.
2004-03-04, 2:37 PM #247
Ictus, I have a little something that you need to face. I call it "reality", although you might know it as "that annoying thing between ignorant rants about people I don't know".

Here, reality: You don't have a clue about Slug's real life situation, you don't have a clue about the place Slug lives, you don't have any idea about the ethnic problems of that place. You don't have any idea about social conditions behind criminal activity among minorities, and clearly you don't even understand the psychological school of behaviorism.

In short, you're making a conclusion about someone based on fallacies and a total lack of understanding. This, Korin, is the definition of ignorance and prejudice.

Have fun mulling this over.
2004-03-04, 2:44 PM #248
Ug. Not affirmative action, damnit. Fix the playing field, don't fix the game.

(Note two different meanings of fix)

------------------
Juztyn
Taking credit for: Canyon Stream, Higher Ground, The Space Between, Death's Dome (mlp3), bits of JKRPG, and the entire Showcase forum, damnit!... Visit SWGalaxies.net for the latest Star Wars: Galaxies information!

[This message has been edited by Juztyn (edited March 04, 2004).]
I beat the internet. The last guy was hard.
2004-03-04, 3:05 PM #249
Jon`C:
1. I'm white.
2. You're late.
3. You're clueless. Irony.

Here's what you can do before you try to be clever next time:
1. Read.
2. Comprehend.
3. Stay out of conversations that are
- a. over.
- b. more substantative than trading tired ad hominems.
- c. beyond you. (see b.)

Will you be my friend?

Jaiph: I provided two options that explained Slug's basically impossible experience. The third is an extremely unlikely series of chances. Only around 29% of shoplifters are black according to a national survey: there is less than a one in a million chance that just twelve consecutive shoplifters would be African-American.

[This message has been edited by Ictus (edited March 05, 2004).]
2004-03-04, 3:11 PM #250
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">- b. more substantative than trading tired ad hominems.</font>

Considering I know Slug *doesn't* exhibit characteristics that racists exhibit, I'd say calling him such would amount to a personal attack.

-Fox

↑ Up to the top!