Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → POLL: Do you look down on blacks?
POLL: Do you look down on blacks?
2004-03-03, 4:25 PM #81
At Molgrew's request...

No, I don't.

------------------
"Why aren't I'm using at these pictures?" - Cloud, 4/14/02
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2004-03-03, 4:27 PM #82
I do not at all! Every once in a while I will make a joke at the "gangstas" but thats about it. I have many black friends.

------------------
When you expect the pain - nothing left to ascertain
When you respect the lie - Deadly chasm open wide
---Circle of Dust "Chasm"
He's Watching you
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : : o`-, ….
2004-03-03, 4:28 PM #83
Yes, I look down on black people. Don't believe me? I think it happens to be where I live. Here in the south, the minute I am seen with a dude wearing a du rag, I have a thug image on me too. Where I used to live, I didnt have that problem. Now I have just become so acostume to the way things are now...I just avoid as many "thugs" as possible. I dont wear my du rag out, I wear black clothing modestly. Yea, I ****ing look down at some black people myself. Especially Al Sharpton. What a dumbass.

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-03-03, 4:29 PM #84
All my life I've pretty much been around white people. It's not that I look DOWN on blacks it's just that I notice that they're black. If they were Chinese or Indian it wouldn't even go through my mind "Hey, he's Chinese." I feel uncomfortable when I'm the only white person somewhere though. But I feel that way if everyone else is Indian/Mexican/Siklubiakian/Japanes.

My school is pretty messed up though. All the Indian kids (from India) act all gangsta and are constantly calling poeple like me "white boy" and "whitey" and stuff like that. We all just laugh though. Yeah, the Indian kid is constantly saying "IT'S BECAUSE I'M BLACK!?" Gah... that gets a little annoying/old...

I choose the black doctor. I had this black optomotrist and he was SO freindly. Now I have this new one that treats me like some random body in the chair.

------------------
"The Oracle told me I would die with my boots on. I've worn tennis shoes ever since." - Axis
2004-03-03, 4:30 PM #85
I'm definitely prejudicial towards young black males. Every crime that's ever been committed towards me or any place that I worked was by a young black male. Thus, I think it would just be stupid of me not to face up to simple statistics and realise that I'm more likely to be mugged by a black guy than any other race. Do I think this is because of some inherent inferiority? Of course not. But because of social situations in my area, yes, blacks certainly are most likely to committ a crime. So, when a group of thug-looking black kids comes into the place that I work, I keep an eye on them. If it turns out they're nice kids, great. I'm not prejudiced to the point where I'll refuse to be friendly with a black guy - My two closest friends are black - But yeah, I'll assume worse things about a black person at first glance than a white person. And I don't feel any particular guilt about that. Young black males, as a group, have failed to give me any reason *not* to be suspicious. Similarly, if I see a guy with green hair, I assume he's got absolutely nothing of any importance or interest to say, because, well, they rarely do. I've been proven wrong once on this though, and ended up befriending the guy. Still, it's been proven right many times, and I'm sure I've dodged some unpleasant conversations because of this prejudice.

Black females, no problem. Old black guys? Some of the coolest people as a group that you'll find.
2004-03-03, 4:30 PM #86
Those longwinding and striking out posts look awfully apologetic, like "no, I don't, BUT in fact I actually do"

------------------
"Music is the universal language and the
dialect we speak in is Hip Hop!" - King Solomon
2004-03-03, 4:32 PM #87
Where did you used to live, Ubuu? I have some relatives living in the south/east and whenever I visit them it's just appalling that racism is still as prevalent as it is. It's really concentrated in the southeast but the northeast is pretty bad as well, particularly some of the larger cities.

Move west, I loved California for the short time I lived there.

[edit: crazy typing, i need to lay off the caffeine]

[This message has been edited by Masq (edited March 03, 2004).]
2004-03-03, 4:33 PM #88
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Slug:
I'm definitely prejudicial towards young black males. Every crime that's ever been committed towards me or any place that I worked was by a young black male. Thus, I think it would just be stupid of me not to face up to simple statistics and realise that I'm more likely to be mugged by a black guy than any other race. Do I think this is because of some inherent inferiority? Of course not. But because of social situations in my area, yes, blacks certainly are most likely to committ a crime. So, when a group of thug-looking black kids comes into the place that I work, I keep an eye on them. If it turns out they're nice kids, great. I'm not prejudiced to the point where I'll refuse to be friendly with a black guy - My two closest friends are black - But yeah, I'll assume worse things about a black person at first glance than a white person. And I don't feel any particular guilt about that. Young black males, as a group, have failed to give me any reason *not* to be suspicious. Similarly, if I see a guy with green hair, I assume he's got absolutely nothing of any importance or interest to say, because, well, they rarely do. I've been proven wrong once on this though, and ended up befriending the guy. Still, it's been proven right many times, and I'm sure I've dodged some unpleasant conversations because of this prejudice.

Black females, no problem. Old black guys? Some of the coolest people as a group that you'll find.
</font>

Thanks for at least being honest. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

And, with the situations I have been in, I almost immediatley presume everyone thinks like you. Cause they do. And that is why I try to dress properly, be extra polite, and just speak properly. I don't know how many times people tell my parents -- white people -- that I am the nicest thing they have ever met. They arent acostumed to a kid like me, who can be good. Its sad that I am overshadowed by a stereotype my retards.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-03-03, 4:34 PM #89
I guess I am set off when I first see someone black, considering my aunt lived with my family and she's kinda racist. It kinda got rubbed off from her onto me to be kinda uncomfortable around them to an extent.

Such as a guy I consider like a brother to me is black, but I have a problem with rappers that are all "gangstah" for example Nelly and Snoop Dog. But I also dispise Eminem for that same reason so..yeah.

Overall I don't really care about racial issues, I hate everyone equally.

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-03-03, 4:34 PM #90
Can ya'll answer my question about the 35 yr old black man vs white man?

And another question: Have your parents ever stereotyped about another race and passed down prejudice to you? Like for example, Slug's view on blacks (which I can understand).

------------------
My Tracks
2004-03-03, 4:35 PM #91
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Masq:
Where did you used to live, Ubuu? I have some relatives living in the south/east and whever I visit them it's just appalling that racism is still as prevalent as it is. It's really concentrated in the southeast but the northeast is pretty bad as well as well, particularly some of the larger cities.

Move west, I loved California for the short time I lived there.
</font>

I lived in the Pacific Northwest, in Washington and Vancouver BC. My family and I traveled along the West Coast a lot too, and I love it. When I am done with college, I am going to the West. I can't stand the **** here anymore.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-03-03, 4:37 PM #92
Yet another question!: How do you feel about blacks roles in movies? Do you think that some roles can't be fit for blacks? Like if Lord of the Rings were all black then would you think it would be different/weird? And why?

------------------
My Tracks
2004-03-03, 4:38 PM #93
Lay off for a second Em Playa, we are having a good conversation.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-03-03, 4:41 PM #94
Hell yes LotR would be different with black people. LotR wasn't written with black people first off. Secondly if there were black people, they weren't in the regions that the book took place in.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-03-03, 4:41 PM #95
No, it's impossible. Where I work is so culturally diverse, I'm very good friends with a few blacks, and also a few other different cultures. Even Iraqis. I had an Iraq guy, his name was Ayid Alumsawi, teaching me Aramaic; the Iraqi language. Very cool. It's amazing what you can learn from different cultures.

No, I'm definitely not racsist. And I'm proud of it.

------------------
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

[url="mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net"]mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net[/url]Bruintone@netscape.net</A>
Yahoo! Name : jedibruintone77
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.
2004-03-03, 4:41 PM #96
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Em Playa:
Yet another question!: How do you feel about blacks roles in movies? Do you think that some roles can't be fit for blacks? Like if Lord of the Rings were all black then would you think it would be different/weird? And why?

</font>

Yes, because there are no black people in lord of the rings. It's not because white people belong in movies.

Actually, the main character in LOTR is a black man.

He's the ring.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2004-03-03, 4:41 PM #97
Quote:
I feel this is true for the most part in my experience here... I get ridiculed and made fun of just cuz I type different. I am an "enemy" of you guys, apparently.</font>

People complain about your grammar, and the first thing you think of is racism? Are you even sure that all of the people who complain are white?

Quote:
Isn't that number talk that you guys do mutilating the English language?

omgWTForx!!!! stuff like that?

</font>

you guys? Are you infering that only and all of the white posters here type like that?

------------------
My Daily Ramblings
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-03-03, 4:42 PM #98
Quote:

</font>

Only because the books make it quite clear that they're supposed to be white. I had a problem with Aaliyah playing Akasha in Queen Of The Damned because a *massive* part of the character is that she's stark white, and looks like marble. Then they cast Aaliyah, 'cause, hey, we had to be fair towards all races. Other than where it just wouldn't make any sense historically (Black captain of a british warship in the 1800s or something) or it goes against the character description in a book adaptation, blacks can have all the movie roles they want.
2004-03-03, 4:42 PM #99
Haha my bad, man... Its just that I'm finally able to ask these questions that I had on my mind for a while now.

------------------
My Tracks
2004-03-03, 4:43 PM #100
Quote:
Another question to throw out there: At the age of 35, what do you picture the average black male and white male doing as their job? Their family size, income, etc?</font>

I see both doing a similar office job, around the same salery (maybe the white guy paid more, there still is workplace bias), but all in all, pretty equal. Except for the family size, birth rates are going down among white families, unless the trend has changed.

Now, of course, I lived in a suburban environment, and never have been to a low-class urban neighborhood. (the only ghettos I have an affinity to are the ones my forefathers were shoved into the past 1700 years)

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.
:master::master::master:
2004-03-03, 4:44 PM #101
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Snake-Eyes:
I had an Iraq guy, his name was Ayid Alumsawi, teaching me Aramaic; the Iraqi language</font>

Edit: Nope, I'm wrong, Apparently it's still alive in small numbers in Iraq and a handful of other countries. That's strange. Still, it's not the national language.

[This message has been edited by Slug (edited March 03, 2004).]
2004-03-03, 4:44 PM #102
Em Playa, they aren't questions, more like baseless acusations backed up by prejuded ideas of white people in an inquisitive form.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Cazor (edited March 03, 2004).]
2004-03-03, 4:45 PM #103
I don't look down on African Americans. They are fun people to be around (well, those I know.)

As for the movies part, that is a hard question. If LotR was to be played by all blacks, it would be unexpected by me and others. Hollywood has given the image that whites are to play the roles of medieval-like pictures. Did you notice the man on the big war elephants? If my memory serves me right, I think he was a black in costume. It seems the only black actor I saw in LotR was an "evil" dude killer. This whole thing is sad really...

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%

An exile of the Soviet Massassi Regime
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-03-03, 4:48 PM #104
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Slug:
Edit: Nope, I'm wrong, Apparently it's still alive in small numbers in Iraq and a handful of other countries. That's strange. Still, it's not the national language.

[This message has been edited by Slug (edited March 03, 2004).]
</font>

The word Aramaic sounds an awful lot like Arabic, I think that's where the confusion lies.

------------------

[This message has been edited by stat (edited March 03, 2004).]
2004-03-03, 4:49 PM #105
Heh, I LOVED Aaliyah as Akasha. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
Maybe they could've made her a little paler when she first rose but after gorging herself on literally towns full of people I expect she got some of her color back. It's funny that what immediately popped out at me was that Lestat had black hair... that still seems wrong. I won't even mention how Marius was a thin scraggly little guy with a buzz cut.

But otherwise Slug basically nailed my opinion on film roles and stat got the economy issue. Except mine was going to much more bitter and talk about outsourcing real labor.
2004-03-03, 4:49 PM #106
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Echoman:
I don't look down on African Americans. They are fun people to be around (well, those I know.)

As for the movies part, that is a hard question. If LotR was to be played by all blacks, it would be unexpected by me and others. Hollywood has given the image that whites are to play the roles of medieval-like pictures. Did you notice the man on the big war elephants? If my memory serves me right, I think he was a black in costume. It seems the only black actor I saw in LotR was an "evil" dude killer. This whole thing is sad really...

</font>

The guys on elephants were asian, just as they were in the book. LotR is supposed to be a fictional account of prehistoric europe.
2004-03-03, 4:49 PM #107
Oh...

------------------
-----@%

2004-03-03, 4:50 PM #108
1. Chaz - Yes I believe because of my culture and my background, I got made fun of. When I go in the chat people mock me by trying to talk like Snoop Dogg, etc.

I said you guys meaning everyone excluding me. I wasn't implying only whites.

2. Okay, thanks for clearing up the movie question.

3. Cazor - You really believe that my views are baseless? How so? Yes, I agree I might be a little prejudiced, but in the same way type of way as Slug is.

------------------
My Tracks
2004-03-03, 4:53 PM #109
Could someone give me the name of a movie where the majority of the cast were black, and didn't play a role in a stereotypical black environment?

I.E. A movie like Star Wars, Fight Club, etc.

------------------
My Tracks
2004-03-03, 4:55 PM #110
Well, the Matrix, I remember, didn't really have any sterotypical African Americans. But they weren't the majority...

------------------
-----@%

[This message has been edited by Echoman (edited March 03, 2004).]
2004-03-03, 4:57 PM #111
Matrix reloaded/revolutions had a lot of black people.

------------------
2004-03-03, 4:58 PM #112
They weren't the majority of the cast though... I'm talking about a movie where the main roles are blacks.

------------------
My Tracks
2004-03-03, 4:59 PM #113
Any African/Caribbean film.

------------------
2004-03-03, 5:01 PM #114
Quote:
Could someone give me the name of a movie where the majority of the cast were black, and didn't play a role in a stereotypical black environment?

I.E. A movie like Star Wars, Fight Club, etc.

</font>

That makes me wonder, what's a stereotypical white environment? Movies like Office Space?

------------------
My Daily Ramblings
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-03-03, 5:01 PM #115
Those are in a black environment though... I mean, I could say Roots, the Friday series, etc.. but they're based in black environments.

------------------
My Tracks
2004-03-03, 5:02 PM #116
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
That makes me wonder, what's a stereotypical white environment?</font>

Ever see Friends? Would you believe you could go through New York for 10 years without seeing a single non-white person?

------------------
2004-03-03, 5:02 PM #117
The suburbs

------------------
My Tracks
2004-03-03, 5:03 PM #118
Well then you can't say that you are going to exclude the 'steroetypical black roles' then, because there are many movies that have all black casts and black directors/writers who know that people (even white, actually specifically white) think that it is funny and sells movie tickets, like barber shop, or the next friday movies. Even things like chapelle's show are found funny by a lot of white people, because its funny to make fun of the stereotypes that people try to use against people, but we use it in a different way that is funny.

whew.

------------------
2004-03-03, 5:04 PM #119
Barbershop :P

Bad example?

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-03-03, 5:04 PM #120
Skipping the past three pages, I think the enemy bit was a joke, and somewhat of a paraphrase/quote from some movie or book.

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!

↑ Up to the top!